• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So I guess this is my first Two Week Wait...

not sure about my temp this morning - i took it really late because I didn't get home from work until 2am. unadjusted, with the same number of hours of sleep as usual but at a later time the temp would have been 98.9, so I've adjusted it - is that the right thing to do?? working late the next few days too so want to make sure I'm doing it right!!

not sure about my temp this morning - i took it really late because I didn't get home from work until 2am. unadjusted, with the same number of hours of sleep as usual but at a later time the temp would have been 98.9, so I've adjusted it - is that the right thing to do?? working late the next few days too so want to make sure I'm doing it right!!

98.9 or 97.9?

How many hours later did you sleep?

98.9!!
i normally take my temp at 6am, after about 7 hours sleep. this morning I took my temp at about 10am after about 7 hours sleep

98.9!!
i normally take my temp at 6am, after about 7 hours sleep. this morning I took my temp at about 10am after about 7 hours sleep

I would say it should be at about 98.3 then? Maybe I am wrong but check it out on this site. This what I use:

https://www.mymonthlycycles.com/bbtadjust.jsp

Hello Mrs N and Leelee how are you ladies doing today?

I started spotting again last night so I think she will come on full tonight or tomorrow.:sulk:

I see you got another temp rise today Mrs N oh please test again :rofl: No really when you feel it's right. I am just wanting some good news!

Hello Mrs N and Leelee how are you ladies doing today?

I started spotting again last night so I think she will come on full tonight or tomorrow.:sulk:

I see you got another temp rise today Mrs N oh please test again :rofl: No really when you feel it's right. I am just wanting some good news!

Sorry to hear you are spotting again CSunshine. I think Mrs. N's temp should be even higher than what she put it at.

I am okay. Think I am 1DPO but need 2 more high temps to confirm O. Not going to symptom spot at all this month. I think it is highly unlikely that I will see a BFP when I have such low temps so need to get the GP appointment sorted out.

:hugs:

Thanks Leelee!

I have no idea about the temp thing, but if you think they are low then by all means go talk to the gp! It can't hurt. I am going to have to do some reading on the bbt as I don't quite understand it all. :rofl: Like I will after I read. Yeah right:rofl:

Thanks Leelee!

I have no idea about the temp thing, but if you think they are low then by all means go talk to the gp! It can't hurt. I am going to have to do some reading on the bbt as I don't quite understand it all. :rofl: Like I will after I read. Yeah right:rofl:

Lol! Yours are nice and high anyway!

that's interesting, so my temp might have bounced up even higher!
Next question - what time do you think I should take it tomorrow? Will propably get to bed about 2am, usually go to bed about 11pm and temp at 6am.

Hey Leelee i seen something you wrote before about low temps and mine in normal pre ove cycle have been low in the low 96's is that bad??

that's interesting, so my temp might have bounced up even higher!
Next question - what time do you think I should take it tomorrow? Will propably get to bed about 2am, usually go to bed about 11pm and temp at 6am.

I depends on how well you sleep. I would take it at 6am cos you will have had more than 3 hours sleep. I always fall back asleep but I must admit, if it is at a crucial time I probably wouldn't be able to go back asleep if the temp was exciting or depressing!

That's probably not much help!

That's one good thing, but I don't know anything. :rofl:

Mrs N I agree with Leelee you should set your alarm for the same time to make sure you get yours correct! I also think you should do another test!!! I am getting so excited for you!!!!!:hugs:

Hey Leelee i seen something you wrote before about low temps and mine in normal pre ove cycle have been low in the low 96's is that bad??

Hi Loulou,

It was just something I read on Thyroid UK about temps and how they shouldn't be below 97.6 pre-O. They say that there would be concern for hypothyroidism, but that is alongside other symptoms such as feeling the cold (which I don't) loss of libido, tiredness etc etc.

It is something I want to get checked out but someone told me on here that the GP probably wouldn't react to low temps, as they are quiet conservative about diagnosis. So don't really know how to approach the GP about getting a blood test.

My pre ov temps are all in the mid to low 96's..I feel the cold a lot! Im always cold me. My toenails go blue in colour in the winter when its a bit nippy out. Ooh I didnt know this could be bad? I might look it up and see maybe.

My pre ov temps are all in the mid to low 96's..I feel the cold a lot! Im always cold me. My toenails go blue in colour in the winter when its a bit nippy out. Ooh I didnt know this could be bad? I might look it up and see maybe.

Yeah, have a look at the Thyroid Uk website. If you go to the FAQ's and then into BBT temperature tests it has it in there. Am tempted to lie to my GP about the cold just to get a test. Is that bad? I have a lot of the other symptoms? Another cause of low BBT could be anaemia they say.

That's one good thing, but I don't know anything. :rofl:

Mrs N I agree with Leelee you should set your alarm for the same time to make sure you get yours correct! I also think you should do another test!!! I am getting so excited for you!!!!!:hugs:

Hi Mrs N,
I actually disagree with the others on this. I think you should just take your temperature when you get up if it is going to disturb your sleep. In the interests of not allowing TTC to disturb your life too much. If it was a critical time for pinpointing O then I would agree with the others to set your alarm and take it at the same time as normal. But you know that you have O'd and your temperatures can't tell you if you are pregnant or not. Only a test can do that. Hope you are! Can't wait for you to test again!

I am going to try and hold out as long as I can to test - maybe Thursday! Keep feeling like af is about to arrive - lots of cramps, I know I have been saying that for days!
Think I will not worry too much about when I take my temp tomorrow - like Polaris says it can take over and won't tell me if I'm pg or not! If I wake up when hubby gets up at 6am I'll take it then if not I won't worry.
So shall I change today to the actual figure it was and just note the time I took it??

Meant to say my temps are also 'low' by those values - I do not think it would be likely to be a symptom on it's own of hypothyroidism. Symptoms are all fairly non specific but essentially everything slows down - you feel cold, you put on weight, feel tired all the time, constipation etc.

Mrs N you just test when you feel like it. I am just being selfish wanting to know.:rofl:

Mrs N,

Not sure if my words came out the right way earlier. What I meant to say is that generally I can fall asleep after taking my temp, but if I am at 10DPO and the temp is low then I can find it difficult to go back to sleep.

So what I was trying to say was - if you feel taking your temp early is likely to disturb your sleep pattern then I would leave it til you wake up.

Hope that makes more sense!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->