So I guess this is my first Two Week Wait...

Oh it was miserable! I was told it would take a week at most. Uhg. thanks for the warm welcome. So what does ov pain feel like? I cant seem to get a pos. Opk but i keep feeling twinges of pain in my lower right abdomen right where my ovary should be. But with no pos opk? I think i might not be oving at all. Hmmm i guess that means i will start temping next time. I am crazy hungry, and super sleepy so just mabe the eggie already came and caught. Oh and i have also did BD everyday since cd5... Blush.

:hugs: Were you on BCP for more than 8 years?

I'm afraid I'm rubbish at offering advice with temping or OPK's, as I don't use either. Lots of babydancing is certainly a good thing in your favour, have you been aware of the consistency of your CM or the position and consistency of your cervix? Fingers crossed for you!

I was having sharp little pains on the right side of abdomen 2-3 days before i got a pos opk...which i was very surprised! Because as far as my blood test have been i haven't ovulated for the last 2months, but then again i was getting tested on CD21 and this month i didn't start ovulating until CD23-24...I don't have high hopes this time though cause I don't think DH and I bd enough:( Grrr!!!! Lots before O!!!:hug:

Hi girls,
can I join you? I'm hoping that I ov'd on Thursday based on EWCM and ov pains. Had a small temperature rise on Friday (not above cover line though) and another rise this morning, so am hoping temps will rise again tomorrow. It's my second cycle off BCP and my last cycle was 34 days. Based on that AF would be due 25th which would be 13 dpo (if I did ov on Thursday). I wasn't using OPKs as I think I had no real idea of my cycle, this is my first month temperature charting. I'm going to try and hold off on testing until AF arrives because I don't really think this was my month.
Polaris

morning ladies - or are some of you still asleep :rofl:

so glad i kept going with opks and my FF chart s now looking good. yippee. it reckons i o'd on wed but i really think it was thurs. hopefully i'm wrong tho as we didn't BD on thursday, we were just too :sleep:

No symptoms to report yet...... only 2/3dpo tho

Off to book a venue for our engagement party today. will hopefully give me a chance to stop thinking about :baby:

Happy Valentines Day!!!!

xxx

Welcome Polaris! Well, the 25th is when we agreed to test, so since that's when you're due anyway we can all test together! Fingers crossed!

Hayley don't worry, babydancing before ovulation doesn't mean you'll have missed it, it just means you'll have a girl!! You too Want2bamom! :hugs:

Wishing you loads of luck getting the perfect venue for a great price!! Happy Valentines Day to you too!

I have a horrible confession. I bought a two pack of pregnancy tests yesterday after work. I looked at BOTH of the dollar stores in my little town and NEITHER had any!! I was so choked!!! Had to go to Shoppers Drugmart and pay $13.99 for two. Bah!! Guess that's a good incentive not to test early and risk a false neg, as these things cost $7 each! :gun: Dollar stores apparently sell them for $1 each!! Grrr..

I posted some of this on Hayley's wall as she was asking, but....

I felt soooo nauseous last night and had acid reflux to go with it, but... I could have just eaten too much as we had a big dinner! My mouth tastes AWFUL but it's probably just morning breath, even though I've been drinking blueberry juice this morning, and I don't know of many things stronger to kill morning breath with (aside from brushing one's teeth, obviously). I'm only at MOST 5 or 6 DPO so I know I'm crazy to be symptom spotting. :dohh: I'm still feeling really bloated and crampy and have done for a few days now. The cramping is worse on the upper right side. I'd think It was ovulation pain but it's been for a good couple of days and according to my CM my fertile phase has ended. TMI warning, I caved and tried to feel my cervix, the first day I felt for it it was still high and soft, the next day it was even higher, I barely managed to touch it, and it was still super soft. Don't know if I'll try again today. I read online that it's not a good indicator for pregnancy as it's always different in every woman (when it goes high and soft, it does not always happen right away), but I'm hoping it's a good sign anyways!! I also read the cervix will turn blue/purple in the case of pregnancy, due to being engorged with blood. Too bad it's impossible to see without a gynecological visit!!! :dohh:

Someone stop me from symptom spotting? I'm going to lose my mind!

I just ate a chunk of cheese. Plain. Just gnawed on it. It was sooo good. I think I'm craving protein, which would explain the hunger only ebbing when I ate a plate of eggs. :dohh: I know, gross right?

More symptom spotting, I can't help it! I'm warm, like, warm enough and congested enough I actually took my temperature. Hubby said it was normal, but my cheeks and ears feel like they're on fire. We got chatting after discussing my temperature and he informed me I've been having 'really horrible mood swings' the last few days. I have no recollection of this but he says that's because it's hormonal and I wouldn't notice because I'm the one in the center of it. :shrug: I don't know if I believe him but I guess I should as he knows me better than anyone, but I'll take it as a good sign if that's the case!

I'm off to bed now as it's getting late and I'm plenty tired. Goodnight!

hi all only just joined this forum this is my 1st 2WW on our 1st proper cycle
not to sure when i ovulated think it was about the 12th but we kept every angle covered ... lol
the dreaded af due on 28th is not 100% sure of this as just come off depo but did OPK test and was a slight line.
still trying to get my head round timing and things lol
good luck all hop you get your BFP
xx

Hi emmaamber. Welcome to B&B! Good luck getting your BFP. You need the test line to be as dark or darker than the control line when using opks. Sometimes you can start to see them get darker over a few days. I always have some form of test line - although its really faint and would be classed as a neg. Keep testing incase you O late as you've just stopped bcp.

Lilaala well, well, well what a load of symptoms you seem to be havin now!!!!! Hunger, mood swings, tired, bad taste in moutn, craving protein, cramping stomach etc etc.
If i said i had all these symptoms you'd def think i was in with a chance!! So i'm thinking you could well be our first BFP!!! oooh exciting!

Mrs Mabrey i get O pain and it lasts about 2 days, feels a bit like a AF pains but not quite as sharp. i also get nausea and need to pee a lot. They are quite rare symptoms to get with O tho. Keep testing sweetie and they will get darker eventually and when they do you'll be like "wow"!!!

And finally my symptoms at 4dpo - NOTHING!!!!

That is great, we can all test together on 25th unless the witch shows her face first (stay away :witch:) It's nice to have a bit of support from ladies who are in a similar position.

Although I don't have a good feeling for this month for myself, I'm not going to build my hopes up and am going to try not to symptom spot :rofl:. Last month (first cycle off BCP) I was CONVINCED that I was pregnant but when I looked back on the month I had thought I ov'd earlier than I did and we didn't even BD at the right time! LOL. So it would have been the immaculate conception except that AF came surprise surprise!

Lilaala, you are the symptom-spotting queen!! It's all good news though, fingers crossed for that :bfp: on 25th! You are right, expensive tests are certainly a good incentive not to cave and test early.

My good news is that I had another nice temperature rise this morning so I am officially in the 2WW at 3 dpo!! Was so excited at 7 am this morning, I felt like waking OH up and telling him but thought it probably wouldn't go down too well at 7 am on a Sunday morning! :rofl: Seriously though I am so pleased to have some confirmation of ov as this has been a big worry to me. I honestly don't even mind so much if I haven't caught that egg this month, at least i know there was an egg to catch (if that makes any sense?)

Good luck and baby dust to all, looking forward to chatting more in the 2WW.

Loads of luck and baby :dust: to you emmaamber!

Eeeek Hayley I hope so!! Otherwise I'll have to check myself into the psyche ward for finding symptoms! I can't just say the mood swings are my mind playing tricks on me though as it's hubby who noticed them! Did your venue booking go well? :D Don't worry I read several ladies got their BFP's with no symptoms at all! :dust: It's not over until the witch shows her face!

Agreed Polaris! I will keep biting my nails and holding off on testing until the 25th! God help me if I get what could be taken for implantation spotting, I think I might snap! That's so funny about you sparing your poor OH, but I'm super excited for you! My DH woke me up at just after 6am!! He was restless and I'm a light sleeper. Bah!
I understand what you're saying about having the reassurance regarding ovulation, it's nice to know where you stand with your body. :hugs: :dust:

(sorry if TMI) My nipples are really tender, my cervix is so high and soft I can only just barely reach it, I'm still cramping and starving constantly.
I think I'm officially losing my mind, I'm going to be sooo embarrassed (and wonder what the heck is going on!) if it turns out I'm not pregnant!

Well girls, no real symptoms for me to speak of, my bbs are a bit tender but they were super tender last month too and I wasn't pregnant. I am going to try to ignore all symptoms that I experienced last month on the grounds that I wasn't pregnant last month despite being absolutely convinced that I must be!! That includes ALL known early pregnancy symptoms since I must have read about 6000 websites of early pregnancy symptoms and I definitely had all of them. I definitely did, I wasn't imagining them, or else the power of the mind is an amazing thing. I also heard that sometimes you can get similar to early pregnancy symptoms in the first months after coming off BCP as your body adjusts to its natural hormonal cycle so that made me feel a bit better as I actually felt like I was going mad when I got :bfn:!!!
I would love one of our testing buddy group to get a :bfp: this month! Can't wait till 25th! Does anyone else ever feel like you are wishing your life away with this TTC business?

Ahh Polaris that's my fear!!

I keep reminding myself of my promise, it's one of the only things keeping me grounded regarding testing. Come on 25th hurry up and get here! I have little else on my mind unfortunately, so glad I work tomorrow. :dohh:

Ahh Polaris that's my fear!!

I keep reminding myself of my promise, it's one of the only things keeping me grounded regarding testing. Come on 25th hurry up and get here! I have little else on my mind unfortunately, so glad I work tomorrow. :dohh:

I find I cannot concentrate on anything else anyway! This site is a god-send.

It is but being on BnB doesn't distract me at all! Haha!

Mmm... hard boiled eggs.. <3

Thanks 4 the info on ov. I dont know if i have or am oving at all. I am 20 and have been on bc off and on for 6 years. I havent worried about ov before bc for the first 4 it was to regulate my cycle not for actual bc. And i havent wanted to get pg until the last 6 months or so. u girls are so lucky! U get to test on the 25th! I will be early testing if i do on that day. But... I do have a ten day supply of ic er... Lol. I am also a poas addict. thank god for ic's.

evening ladies!

the venue booking didn't go well :-( OH thinks its too expensive to have an engagement party and a waste of time as he's already shown his commitment by getting engaged and trying for a baby and he doesn't need a party to prove he loves me. Which sounds lovely but i kinda wanted a party to celebrate to our friends and family. Will have to work on him! lol

Wow polaris what a lovely temp rise! So far so good. i know how you feel about knowing for def that you have O'd. its a really nice feeling as its only our second cycle off bcp. i was convinced i was pg last month. i had EVERY symptom too, and was a bit disappointed when i wasn't but then i read too that coming off bcp can mimic pg. Trying not to SS this month!

How are you going to resist testing Lilaala if your symptoms keep coming? lol Would be great if you were our first BFP! No need to feel embrassed sweetie if your not - thats what we are all here for! Plus theres always next month.

Mrs Mabrey i'm a complete poas addict to! i'm gonna poas tomorrow - opk! just because i neeeeeeed to!

xx

Now that I know for sure what my body is doing..thanks to some nice doctors but also to you ladies here...IM now at day one of my first proper (as in i know what it is!! lol!!) Two Week Wait!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hi my friends...same spot here too...AF due on 2-20...
pretty sure that we hit the OV time when we were supposed to...
TTC for a few months now...weird cramps and twinges going on, feel like i could
sleep all day, BBT is staying up...
and i am going batty with gas and gas and OH YEAH...gas...

love to hear from you ...and I agree this forum is WONDERFUL and good to know there
are others who make me not feel like a LOON right now !!

LOVE !! Tracy and gl to all of us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->