So proud of me!!!

Princess Lou

Finally a Mummy!
Reaction score
Please be aware, there isn't much modesty in the following. Lol.

I am 25 and I started smoking when I was 12 (I know, I know, very bad me, lol). Anyway, I have been trying om and off since I was 19 to quit, only ever managing a week and that was with laryngitis.

My last attempt started 16-11-2011 and today is four weeks. I am so proud that I haven't gave in. Especially as about 85% of the people I know smoke, including my husband, my In-Laws, my Daddy and my Aunts etc.

SO PROUD OF ME!!! Lol.

(I did say there wasn't a lot of modesty, lol.)

Awww well done!! i know hard it is to give up but luckily i gave up when i knew i was expecting and haven't gone back whoooohoooo nor do i want to now x

Well done! Thats brilliant x x x

Congrats!! I've also been smoking since 12, managed to give up during pregnancy but within a month of giving birth I was at it again!! Need some motivation!! Good luck with the next few months, the first 3 months are the hardest xx

Wow well done hun. It is extremely hard. Give yourself a pat on the back. I gave up when I found out I was pregnant and then briefly started smoking again when LO was around 6 months. (OH doesn't know :nope: ) anyways I only started again for about a month and then gave up agaon but I still think about smoking to this day. I miss it :( lol. But ever since having LO it would make me feel so sick

Way to go! Are you saving the money up that isn't being spent on cigarettes? You could treat yourself to a nice spa day or something with the proceeds :thumbup:

Thats great stuff!! You must be so proud of yourself and notice a massive difference in how you smell etc.. etc... (personal experience!)

I agree with the incentive stuff too! I gave up nearly 8 years ago and the money I save/saved I still spend to this day.

As a treat I bought myself a brand new car :blush: (one finance) but cos I saved nearly £350 per month it was just sat in my bank. I don't pay as much out now, but I still make sure I reward myself.

I finish paying for my car in Jan...so my next plan is to save it and put it towards my kitchen and wedding :lol:

I've never smoked since then...I couldn't afford too :thumbup:

Just curious... for the ladies that gave up, did you give up cold turkey or was it a gradual thing. With like Nicotene (sp) and stuff?

I actually suprised myself and gave up cold turkey both times. But like i said, i still think about it atleast 3-4 times a week :blush:

Well done hun thats fab! I have to say ive never been able to quite properly. I quit for about 2 weeks on patches then went on holiday and because they where so cheap (like £1.50 for 20!) i started again. I have no will power lol x

I don't miss it.

My sister just had her baby and I was staying with her for a few weeks (we live in different countries) and I thought "When I have a child I don't want anybody smoking around him/her so there is no way I will do it around someone else s child when they don't smoke."

Threw the rest of the packet away and haven't looked back. I'm back home now and my hubby and in-laws (whom I see 3-4 times a week) smoke and the thing that keeps me going is when they have just had a smoke, the smell knocks me sick. Lol.

I save the £6 a day and put it into a savings account and I'm going to use that money to pay for the things we will need when we have a child.

The best thing is, because I refuse to kiss my hubby until he has brushed his teeth because of the smoke, he is quitting in the New Year.

I know it's only a month but I don't think I will ever go back. The idea repulses me which I am very pleased about. Lol.

Congratulations to all those who have also quit and loads of encouragement to those who want too.

X

I have to admit, the smell gets me now aswell. And if were in a small area and there isnt much ventiliation its like i cant breathe with it lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->