So Sleepy..ZZZZZzzzzz

gillian.s

Reaction score
Hi I am nearly 7 weeks pregnant and I cannot cope with how tired I have been. No matter how much sleep I get I spend all day trying to stay awake. It is so hard at work as I keep getting really close to falling asleep. It feels like I am living off 2-3 hours sleep when I actually never get less than 8 hours, I slept for 13 hours the other night and still just wanted to go back to bed.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks to help with energy levels? I drink at least 2 litres of water a day so it's not dehydration..I would love a red bull ha

I had this as well. I would fall asleep at around 6pm every night and sleep all the way until 5am, and still feel like I hadn't slept in days. My doc said that 200mg of caffeine a day is okay, so on the really bad days, I would have a soda or one of the small energy drinks.

I found it helpful to just get up and walk around at work for a couple minutes every half hour/hour or so. It gets your blood pumping. I also started getting off the bus a few blocks earlier and walking the rest of the way to work, it was a great way to pick me up right away.

I also would always eat an apple around 10am, that bit of sugar helped.

I feel you. This pregnancy has been exhausting for me so far. I don't have much in the way of other symptoms so I guess I can't complain too much but the fatigue has been awful. I find myself constantly wanting to fall asleep. As the pp said getting up and moving (even though that's the last thing you feel like doing) is the best remedy, preferably outside if the weather is agreeable. I notice I'm more tired when it's raining and I've spent all or most of the day inside than when I can go out and get some fresh air.

Thanks for the tips ladies :) it's a pain because me and the oh opened a shop recently and I am the only staff member apart from him so I work tuesday-sunday from 10-6.30 so can't really get out for fresh air during the day :( on the plus side salt and vinegar crisps seem to kick my nausea :)

I had that issue around 5-7 weeks as well. Now that I'm 9 weeks, I have no idea how much fatigue I have, as insomnia has kicked in and I actually am getting very little sleep at night. Oh well. Preparation for motherhood I suppose.

I am 5-1/2 weeks & I am totally exhausted too. Healthy snacks throughout the day help. So does just a bit of caffeine around 3-4pm to keep going. I can't wait for this exhaustion to pass!!!

I had that issue around 5-7 weeks as well. Now that I'm 9 weeks, I have no idea how much fatigue I have, as insomnia has kicked in and I actually am getting very little sleep at night. Oh well. Preparation for motherhood I suppose.

awh that's so annoying, I had a problem a couple weeks ago where I was waking at least once an hour at night but I found a bedtime tea helped :) yeah true about motherhood but at least motherhood isn't coupled with nausea!

I am 5-1/2 weeks & I am totally exhausted too. Healthy snacks throughout the day help. So does just a bit of caffeine around 3-4pm to keep going. I can't wait for this exhaustion to pass!!!

yeah I find snacking helps a little, I've completely gone off coffee though so think I think that me not having a cup in the morning is making me even more tired :( yeah I know I can't wait!

I'm only 4 weeks+3 and I'm experiencing fatigue to the point that as soon as I sit down I'm going into preparation for a nap. But I toss and turn when I actually lay down especially at night. I'm going to try some of your recommendations and hopefully it helps! Thanks for your posts ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->