so so Scared- PPROM

How effective is a stitch at 14 weeks? And is bedrest required? I remember the doctor telling me that my stitch at 21 weeks wouldn't be too effective due to funneling and the bulging membranes. But it was worth a try. I would love to have more children but I'm scared after this experence. Your almost at your goal of 24 weeks!!!!! :)

well my last scan showed a little funneling, and i have a scan again in 10 days time so it seems to be holding but it stops the waters bulging out and takes the weight of the baby etc hopefully......i entered hospital last time at 21 weeks 3 days with bulging membranes and laboured that night....hopefully i can just hold this one in for an extra 18 days atleast. at 14 weeks due to me basically feeling pressure down below and pressing for the stitch they put one in. you will know what i mean when i say this is mental torture, i have put meself on relative bed rest, just doing little bits around the house now and again and sitting or laying most of the time..just to make it atleast 24 weeks. the days are going so so so slowly, like you, i am just hoping and praying xxxx

We have talked about a cerclage as well, i go in for an ultrasound on the 7th for the 20 week scan. i will be getting my cervix lengthening exam and i start my weekly 17p injections then. my cervix at 11.5wks was 5.5cm which was perfect. I am hoping the same next week. But if it starts to shorten i will be getting a cerclage. I am having cervical pains and some contractions but i hope i dont have to go to see my doc before my apt. But i dont want to take any chances so if it gets worse, i am going to go in maybe tomorrow.

Sending sooo many good vibes... looking forward to more good updates!

I hope you can feel hugs all the way um... wherever-you-are! :winkwink: :hugs: :flower:

I'm wishing you all the best. It is hard dealing with a complicated pregnancy but its all worth it in the end. I can't wait to hold my son in my arms and tell him how much I love him. At this point my situation is very scary and stressful because i can deliver and day, week, or month from now. but I am lucky to have so far made it 2 weeks with ruptured membranes without labor!!!

Congrats babe on the 7th box!!
Gotta hold on in there bubba! :hugs:
Mummy wants to meet you but you've got some growing to do still!

FX'd for you honey.

xXx

I'm so glad every time I check this thread and see that baby is still hanging in there :D Big :hugs: to you hun.

Hi there,

I am new to this site and I just wanted to say I'm so so pleased that you are hanging in there. I have been in a similar situation and I know how worrying it is. You are doing absolutely brilliantly. I hope that your little one hangs in for a little while longer yet.

Lots of love.
xxxx

Thanks ladies!!!! I'm feeling great today and baby is doing well. I appreciate all the comments. Welcome to the site Jadey!

glad you have been having a good day babes, and that that baby of yours is letting you know it's ok :D

abz xx

Just checking in...and your still trucking away!:) YAY! That's awesome and I'm so glad your little man is very active! I hope you enjoyed your Christmas even though you were stuck in the hospital. I've been there too....

I've had 3 terrible pregancies and I always said I can't do this again it's terrifying...but in the end it's been SO worth it and my babies have done so well and I believe if God gives you what you can handle.

Your doing a great job and coming along so. Keep taking it day by day and who knows what will be in your future..you never know hun maybe things would be different.

BIg hugs your doing awesome! Tell that bump of yours I'm praying for him and his mommy everyday!xx

how you doing today? i just join 2nd tri today... just wanna share my previous experience... i was put in labour room for 6 days started at 26 weeks, due to heavy bleeding (placenta previa) and ruptured membrane (only little leakage)... then transfered to normal ward for another 3 weeks... doc said the baby will come out anytime, and put me under critical & intensive care.... who knows, the baby still stay inside me, and due to bored stayed too long in hospital, i asked for bed rest at home... and i missed my son a lot... only managed to see him during weekends... @ 33 weeks, i bled again, and turn out that i was in labour... and delivered a healthy baby girl.... prem & perfectly fine...

so, hope you baby will hang in there too... best of luck...

Thanks ladies, well I've been leaking pink amniotic fluid instead of clear, and been noticing a lot more mucus discharge. I believe that means labor is near, is this true??

yeah, i guess you're in labor.... doc should be able to tell... but just to tell you, pink is better than yellow or greenish (infections)...
good luck to you and baby...

because my water broke @ 24 weeks, the doctors aren't checking me (to prevent infection) they are just monitoring me and waiting for my body to start labor. I received the steriod shots when my water broke, will it help if I was to deliver now?

i received the steroid shots twice.... it helps the baby a lot.... my baby was born perfectly fine...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->