So who else is due to have their twins Feb 2012?

Can any of you who had your 28 week scan remember the estimate birth weights? had my 28 week and twin 1 is around 3.5lbs and the other 4lbs. kind of thinking i will follow my trend of having larger babies. i think the average at this time is 2lb 7 oz on the basis of having a 6lb baby by 37 weeks.

Any shares on baby weights are greatly appreciated... xxx

hey, my scanning dates all got a bit out of hand, i had one at 26 weeks and will have one next week at 30+3.
the 26 week scan estimated their weight at 2lb for my girl and 2lb2oz for my boy! feel like i've grown a lot tho in the past 3-4 weeks!!
crossing my fingers for a 12.02.2012 birthday! xx

hey, my scanning dates all got a bit out of hand, i had one at 26 weeks and will have one next week at 30+3.
the 26 week scan estimated their weight at 2lb for my girl and 2lb2oz for my boy! feel like i've grown a lot tho in the past 3-4 weeks!!

do you have your section booked for 12th feb?

Can any of you who had your 28 week scan remember the estimate birth weights? had my 28 week and twin 1 is around 3.5lbs and the other 4lbs. kind of thinking i will follow my trend of having larger babies. i think the average at this time is 2lb 7 oz on the basis of having a 6lb baby by 37 weeks.

Any shares on baby weights are greatly appreciated... xxx

At 28 weeks ( well 29 really ) babies were 2lb 6oz & 2lb 4oz.

My section is booked for Valentines Day.

Mel x

Bumpfortwo- I just had a growth scan at 27 weeks. Baby A was 2 lbs. 4 oz. Baby B was 2 lbs.

Speaking of growth scans, I'm at the point where I don't like them. Of course I LOOOOVVEEE seeing the boys and knowing they're doing well, but at this point, the scans are downright painful because they take so long. (My boys are very tangled up so it takes a bit to get the measurements they need.) Yesterday, I actually started to get dizzy during the scan from lying on my back so long.

just wondering any one elses babies still changing position? Head down @ 30wks now breech @ almost 34 and terrified! weighing in @ 4lbs 12oz and 4lb 10oz how long will they keep changing.:cry:

just wondering any one elses babies still changing position? Head down @ 30wks now breech @ almost 34 and terrified! weighing in @ 4lbs 12oz and 4lb 10oz how long will they keep changing.:cry:

my consultant said they can still move up to 36 weeks if there is room. When is your next scan?

I am only nearly 30 weeks but it seems twin 1 likes being traverse (putting massive pressure on the lower part of my bump and pelvis) and i've been told if he is still like it at 33 week scan combined with the fact they are already close to 4lbs now then i will be booked in for a planned C section at 37 weeks. Bit annoying as in theory they may move but i am also at the point where an end date is quite appealing.

I know the feeling through there have been so many unknowns and the fact we cannot really get definitive answers for natural Vs CSections is so frustrating.

How are you feeling through tripletsOMG? 34 weeks seems like forever to get to for me but its only a month.

xxxx

Triplets, feeling your frustration. My twin 1 was head down till 32 weeks and flipped. She was still breech yesterday, I thought she'd moved as was getting engagement pressure, but it was her bum! I had a homebirth last time, and although was going to hospital this time, was planning a natural, drug free delivery, but doesn't look likely. I worry about getting to hospital in time for a section too, as I have quite fast labours and like you these are babies 4 and 5. Good luck, hope they flip for you x

At 28 weeks mine were 2,7 and 2,8
At 32 weeks 3,13 and 4,8
At 34+4 weeks were 5,3 and 5,11

Oh my goodness, my babies are HUGE! Our 32 week scan was just before christmas and Boy weighed 5lb5 and girl 5lb3, i dread to think what the 34 week scan will bring, even the doctors were a bit shocked at how well they are doing for twins.

Mine are also both transverse and been told will hold off a delivery decision until 36 weeks when they will rescan me and see if the boy had decided to change to head down. Seems unlikely that they have much room in there to turn so think I'm heading for a c-section.

Is anyone suffering with food? I still just don't fancy eating much variety and get sick if I overeat but then constantly feel like eating - it's a no win situation! :)

Misscheifmake- I'm the same way with food. I want to eat all the time, but then I'm miserable when I over eat. Why do we punish ourselves like this? :haha:

Regarding position.... I'm only 27 weeks, so it's still early, but they are nowhere near engagement position. They are both semi-transverse and crossed over each other in an X.

I have a question about C-sections. After talking it over with my doctor, we are opting for a scheduled C. My doctor says they will set it for about 11 days before my due date (38+3). However, in the very next breath he says that he doesn't think I'll actually go that long, and that late Feb/early March is more likely. So do they want me to go into labor? Does going into labor before the scheduled C affect they way they perform the surgery?

we went for our 30 week scan today and twin 1 is measuring 31 weeks (about 3 days ahead) and weighing 3lb 3. twin 2 is measuring 30 weeks and 4 days (which is about right) and weighing 3lb 1.
OH was really pleased to see how much they've grown as he hasn't been able to get to a scan since November due to work.
i have another scan and my consultant appointment on the 11th Jan, so fingers crossed we will find out what the plan is and dates etc. my boys are still head down - have been for a few weeks now, so I'm not sure what the consultant will say - not sure which birthing option i prefer to be honest - kinda got my head around a planned c-section so it will throw me if he says different now !

my consultant said they can still move up to 36 weeks if there is room. When is your next scan?

I am only nearly 30 weeks but it seems twin 1 likes being traverse (putting massive pressure on the lower part of my bump and pelvis) and i've been told if he is still like it at 33 week scan combined with the fact they are already close to 4lbs now then i will be booked in for a planned C section at 37 weeks. Bit annoying as in theory they may move but i am also at the point where an end date is quite appealing.

I know the feeling through there have been so many unknowns and the fact we cannot really get definitive answers for natural Vs CSections is so frustrating.

How are you feeling through tripletsOMG? 34 weeks seems like forever to get to for me but its only a month.

xxxx

I am feeling great! No complaints./ I have no more scans and DR says I can come for vitals any time 2-4wks:shrug: He isnt concerned @ all he has a lil u/s machine in office to check position though so maybe i will go at 36-37 to see if they are head down

do you have your section booked for 12th feb?

no i am going for a vaginal birth (fingers crossed) although i am telling my twinnies that they need to come out on the 12th! :) haaha, see if that works! xx

hello ladies i am 35+3 and feeling excited. My boys could decide to come any time really? Just wondering if u all are still pregnant how do u feel about delivery? soon we will be holding our bundles

Hiya :wave:

Had my 32 week scan today (even though I am 32+6)
Baby 1 is now 5lb & Baby 2 is 4lb 13.5oz - They have also changed positions, baby 1 is now baby 2 & vice versa.

Nervous about delivery, well its not so much delivery but what is happening after.. like I am really going to have 2 babies! lol

Hope everyone else is well..

Mel x

tripletsOMG gosh 35+3 weeks... still seems so far away for me although am 31.2 now. Whens your next scan as am I right thats when they will be more focused on C Sec Vs natural birth?

Mel, looks like the babies are doing really well they are great weights so cool that you are planned valentines day

I agree although i've been through birth before it just seems like so many unknowns with twins and what may happen after. I keep thinking about holding them and we've been getting out all the baby stuff and so strange to see 2 bouncers and 2 of things.

As for me well I realised I cannot do this without being near family so can you believe I am upping the family (hubby and toddler) 8 hours back up north to be close to family! I think I must be mad, but I just need emotional support of good friends and family. So all change on consultants, midwives and scans.

Hey wonder if anyone in the Feb group will end up having leap year twins??

Bumpfortwo- I'm not technically in the February group since my due date is actually in March, but I like to read all about what to expect in a few weeks. :) Anyway, February 29th is 36+1 for me, so leap babies are not out of the question. DH is pulling for this since he thinks it will get him out of little kiddie birthday parties. :haha:

no more scans i am having a hb and they are breech as of now not going to stress i have come so far=)

tripletsOMG not long now! hows it going any sign of those babies moving to head down?

personally i am not at 32 weeks, freaking out and really cannot sleep or get comfortable and just walking around waitrose is a mission! although impressed i managed to move house being this pregnant - and freaked that the consultant said i would have been given permission to do a long haul flight - i couldnt think of anything worse at this stage of the pregnancy.

hows everyone else doing? was going to ask who has names chosen i seem to be really struggling this time around...

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"