So who else is due to have their twins Feb 2012?

Hi to all those still here :wave: (I say thing because mom.to.many's day has been & gone & as far as I believe the section went smoothly & her boys are doing great)
BFT - cracking weights!! You must be so uncomfortable! Only 10 days left!!
WT - you are doing really well keeping those babies in! Hang on in there girlie, you are doing a stirling job. Jesus woman your hospital looks like a flipping hotel room!! I am well jealous! I have been sleeping on the sofa now since last weekend!!
DT - Please don't stress yourself out over the section. It will all be smooth & relaxed, the nurses & Dr's will help you through it, you will have an anaesthetist right next to your head & if you feel anything then he/she will make sure you are topped up sufficiently. You wont feel the catheter at all.
Have a think about afterwards.. have you thought about having a birth plan? I know its a section but there are still some things you can influence. Might keep your mind busy over the weekend.
Mine for example is..
- What sort of music you want on in the background?
- I want my partner to announce whether they are boys or girls & nobody else
- Who is going to do the skin to skin contact with baby 1 while baby 2 is coming into the world? I have got an XXL T-Shirt for my man to wear under the scrubs & all being well if the babies are ok, he will be having the skin to skin time with both until such time I am stitched up & in a position to hold the babies.

Well I had a small stint in hospital myself last week, thought the babies were coming, was having contractions every 8 minutes when I called the labour ward, which were then 6 minutes apart when I left home & then by time I got to labour ward were 2 and a half minutes apart! All paperwork was done in preparation for me to have the section that day (Last Wednesday) I think it was, my cervix did not open at all. With a lot of determination from myself, rest & drinking plenty of water I managed to stop the contractions!
So this is my last weekend with my son as a single child & I plan to do as much as I can with him & spoil him rotten.

Can't wait now! 4 days left!! Woop Woop!

Mel x

i keep thinking of music, mel have you chosen have they told you that you can take an ipod in? i think i want something upbeat as anything chilled will probably set my hormones off and i will start crying!

cant wait for mom to many to tell us the news, great to hear her boys arrived safe x

Just had a growth scan. I'm excited to say the boys are 6lb4oz and 6lb2oz at 35 weeks. Two more weeks to go! I can't wait to meet them!

Redmom- Those are some fabulous weights!!!!

So how many of us are there left??? It seems like we've had a flurry of babies this week. :happydance:

I was finally released from the hospital yesterday. YAY!!! I'm on modified bed rest at home, and the doctor is scheduling appointments twice per week. I potentially still have 2.5 more weeks, but my doctor seems to think they could come at any time, so I'm trying to prepare myself for whatever comes my way.

agree with WT what great weights for identicals thats roughly where mine were at and they are non identicals.

glad you are back home WT, bet you are glad to be home xx

so mom to many, dippytink and mel have all had theirs. i am in my last few days so should have an update end of next week (wont have internet access all next week so no way of updating). all getting rather real now - so excited that my worries of surgery are just a passing thought.

Wow, I swear my pubic bone is going to snap in two it hurts so bad.

Physically, I've hit a wall and don't know how I can make it much longer. Mentally, I'm not quite ready for them to be here. I know I'll be fine no matter when they come. I just wish "fine" would hurry up and get here. :haha:

It's so reassuring to see that everyone's twins are doing so well. I can't wait, 9 more days! Wonder, I think I might be approaching that wall you are talking about. It's been a rather easy pregnancy, but I'm ready to meet me boys!

its funny as a twin mum was talking about hitting the wall to me very early on in my pregnacy and here i am a day before the section and in all honesty i know what she meant. I really hit it at 34 weeks and now god just so ready - my butt, back and everything is seriously giving up.

keep going ladies and will update as soon as I can get online. xxxx

Good luck bumpfortwo! :hugs:

I had an appointment and growth scan today. Heart rates are happy and reactive, cervix is holding, and fluid levels are good. However, baby B is measuring quite a bit smaller than baby A. (4 lb. 8 oz. versus 5 lb. 12 oz.) The doctor told me not toworry about it since the boys both look so healthy, but he has moved my next appointment up to this Thursday in case he feels like he needs to go ahead and deliver them.

Btw... Who else is on FB?

Late update from me but Samuel and Emma were born by c-sec on the 30th jan.

Already have me wrapped around their little fingers and I am completely obsessed with them.

Good luck to everyone else with their arrivals and a big well done to those who have delivered xxx

Congrats Misschief. Wonder, I'm glad everything else is looking good. Keep us updated about what happens on Thursday.

hey ladies,

ella and finn were born 2 weeks ago at 36+3 without any complications, went into labour on my own and had them vaginally! they are perfectly healthy (slightly jaundiced) and happy and we love every minute with them.

also, we were allowed home 2 days after they were born! :)

good luck to all of you who are still waiting - it is worth all the discomforts and pains etc.

:hug:

Congrats Mishief and Bumble :hugs:

Please, please, please ladies post your wonderful news and birth stories in a new thread on here - I only found you here by chance, and lots of the other twin Mummies have probably missed that you've had your babies. Xxx

Good point Lizzie. :)

FYI... At today's doctor's visit, he decided that it was best to go ahead and schedule my C section for tomorrow morning. Baby B is a fair bit smaller than Baby A (whereas they've been really close throughout the rest of the pregnancy), and he's not as reactive as they would like. So the doctor thinks he's a bit stressed, so it's safest to go ahead and deliver them now. I'm 35 + 3, so, I feel good about it.

I'll keep everyone posted when I can. :)

I went to the doctor yesterday since I started getting really dizzy and light headed. I was hoping they'd say they'd just take the babies. I was still having contractions on the NST, but still not dilated. I've reached the "I wanna be done" point. Time seems to be going by so slowly while I wait this last week.

Any other Feb babies still out there? I can't wait 3 days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->