So who else is due to have their twins Feb 2012?

So we now have 4 moms in the 37 week range -- Trip, Busymum and Misscheifmake. Hugs to all of you! :hugs:

hello ladies wanted to check in. Had another run of early labor 3 mins apart 10hrs I even had pool ready this time.

Those twins really are giving you the runaround, bet its frustrating when it comes to an end. Surely you must be close now. Have they said when they will induce you or will they let you go to 40 weeks?

Hey guys, looks like I'm just going to miss on feb as set for a section on the 30th. Both transverse and not looking to move!

Scan at 36+2 put twin one (boy) at 6lb14 and twin 2 (girl) at 7lb9 so looking very good and big!

Just want it done now as so uncomfortable :)

good weights there, wishing you all the best for the 30th. xxx

False starts are frustrating but i hear more common with 4th babies and more irritable uterus from being so big. I wont be induced unless some medical complication arises we are planning a homebirth. So just have to wait it out I guess

I'm new here.. almost 38 weeks pregnant with twins :)

hi xoxo congrats and welcome just saw ur bump pic lovely. Ur almost 38 or 37 thought the pic said 36+6 ? Anyways hope to hear more on ur Feb double bump journey!

Yeah, the last one (36-6) is the last pic that I've taken, so far.. lol I'm due Feb 10th, I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow.

Right now, I'm honestly extremely miserable. Moving around in bed and getting up to walk after laying down is probably the hardest thing to do. Otherwise, I've had a pretty good pregnancy. But I have nothing to compare it to considering its my first! I have a doctors appointment today and I'm hoping something comes from it, lol. I want to meet my little ones and I'm just overall ready for this to be done with.

Oh I feel like that too - the last couple of weeks have been harder than ever. I am so keen to get them out now and say hello to them!

What's your hospitals policy on delivery? Mine have been booked for a section on Monday but if natural don't think they let you go much past 38 weeks

xx

Yeah, the last one (36-6) is the last pic that I've taken, so far.. lol I'm due Feb 10th, I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow.

Right now, I'm honestly extremely miserable. Moving around in bed and getting up to walk after laying down is probably the hardest thing to do. Otherwise, I've had a pretty good pregnancy. But I have nothing to compare it to considering its my first! I have a doctors appointment today and I'm hoping something comes from it, lol. I want to meet my little ones and I'm just overall ready for this to be done with.

i'm due the 10th but its my 4th and 5th:happydance: I just started feeling heavy last few days this last few weeks have been draggging most definately. If u ladies are only going to 38 i will def be the last one pregnant lol

i'm due the 10th but its my 4th and 5th:happydance: I just started feeling heavy last few days this last few weeks have been draggging most definately. If u ladies are only going to 38 i will def be the last one pregnant lol

Hard to say... docs have my due date set 5 days later than I *know* it should be. It was a nice reassurance at first before I knew twins, but now, I really don't want those extra 5 days tacked on!:nope:
I should be 38 weeks this weekend but docs have me at 37 today:wacko:
We'll see what he has to say tomorrow.

Well it's February tomorrow ladies!

Hope everyone is well?

Congratulations again to triplets & also mischief - hopefully everything went ok with the section yesterday.

I had my last consultant appointment today & everything looks good, looks like I'll be going all the way to 38 weeks. 2 weeks tomorrow!

Mel x

as you say mel feb approaching... countdown for you and dippytink for valentines day. i am booked in at 37 weeks for section so will be 20th for me x with busymum5 and tripletsomg delivering it all seems to be getting rather real now! cant wait to hear mischiefs update

am feeling o.k although just very tired and struggle with walking too far.

Melly, Dippy and Bumpfortwo... you are all getting so close!! Eeek!!!

I'm 32 weeks today and had my first NST. The doctor came rushing into the room after watching the monitor from his office. He wanted to know if I could feel the contractions I was having. DUH!! That's what I've been saying for weeks. He was a little concerned about how regular they are, but after the ultrasound, he was feeling much better. Baby A is measuring 3 lbs. 12 oz. and Baby B is measuring 3 lbs. 4 oz. My cervix has shortened to 2 cm, but I'm not dilated and there is no funneling. So he's still positive about my making it to 36 weeks (February 28). Regardless... my scheduled delivery has been set for 37 weeks (March 5).

At the hospital with preterm labor. Babes are good and not dilating, but can't seem to get ctx to stop. :(

Oh No WT, Hope they can stop the contractions, you are in the best place though & I'm sure your babes will be fine.

Thinking of you though xxx :hugs:

ladies i give up on the heartburn, gaviscon, peppermint not working does anyone have any other ideas?

Hows everyone doing? Mel and Dippytink really only a few more days to go - how are you feeling?

Well I had a scan just over 35 week mark the other day and both still breech so cracking on with the section on 20th feb. they are whoppers! fundal measurement is 50 weeks and their weights were 6.4 and 6.8lbs which means they are likely to be shy of 8lb each - no wonder i feel so huge! their is little room now but they are both doing well. no braxton hicks or anything (which i had from 36 weeks with first child) just an enormous tummy!

All getting rather exciting now, am really shattered. I want to sleep but moving the bump around is a mission.

Hope Wondertwins is out of hospital. i havn't seen an update from you except you were off that nasty magnesium

love to all you twin mummies - home stretch now!

Hey, bumpfortwo! :wave: I'm still in the hospital, but doing well. I'm now 33 +2, and the doctor plans to keep me here until at least 34 weeks. At that point, he'll consider letting me go home since he'll be less concerned about stopping labor. I'm staying busy by doing some work from my bed, so boredom hasn't hit me too hard. And the babies are doing really well, which helps keep me focused.

As for your giant babies... OMG!!! That's amazing! I'm glad to hear everything is going well even though they're being stubborn breech babies.

Hope everyone else is doing well too. I can't wait for the parade of twin pictures to come!!!

Well that's me done for appointments now - had my last scan on Tuesday- both boys are still growing well and there is only about 3oz difference in size between them ! Twin 1 is actually slightly ahead of his dates and twin 2 is what he should be !
Had my last midwife appointment today - blood pressure is still fine, which considering how nervous about the section I am, was surprising - I thought it would be through the roof !!

I'll let you girls into a secret - I am petrified of the csection ! I'm trying to do my best swan impression but I'll be honest - I've been in tears every day in a moment of madness. I know everyone says everything will be fine and deep down, I know it wil be too but I just hate hospitals and everything about them !
I'm dreading the thing in my hand, epidural, catheter and basically everything else that happens during the process ! If it wasn't for my twin boys at the end of it, I think I would be an absolute wreck !!!
I'm very lucky though as I'm having my OH and possibly my mum come into surgery with me (she works closely with my consultant!) so I'm hoping that will calm my nerves - although I imagine she'll be an emotional wreck too !!

Hope all you girls are feeling better about the upcoming arrivals, than I am !
X x

i agree DT the section freaks the hell out of me, but my friend just had an emergency one and said actually all in all it was not as bad as she thought and after 5 days she was feeling better. i had an epidural with my first so was wired up to various machines, its more the whole knife thing that gets me.

Glad to hear babies are well WT, lbet you cant wait to get back to your own bed. when i visited the hospital the other day i realised how uncomfortable hospitals were - especially the open wards.

Dippy- There are things about a vaginal delivery that scare me to death: uncertainty about length or difficulty of labor, potential injury to lady parts (which was a big problem when I delivered DS), and most of all the potential for a mixed delivery if Twin B doesn't cooperate. On the other hand, I'm also scared of a c-section: that whole knife thing is pretty freaky. :wacko: In other words, I've come to realize that I'm going to be freaked out by whatever type of birth I have. :haha: At the end of the day, we'll all make it through it and our fear of what is to come will quickly take a backseat to our fear of everything else involved in raising two little munchkins. :haha: :twinboys:

Bumpfortwo- I'm actually loving this hospital bed, and wish I could take it home with me!! I have seriously had some of the best sleep in months. It's this fancy high tech mattress that automatically inflates with air as I move about so that I never have any pressure point pain on any part of my body. :cloud9: Think they'll notice if I roll it out of here with me? :shhh: And my private room is quite large with a pull out couch for DH to sleep on, several recliners, a rocking chair, a table and refrigerator. I keep referring to it as the princess suite. :thumbup:

Attachments

• view 2.jpg
    view 2.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 6
  • view 1.jpg
    view 1.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics