~> So who is going to have a " drink " tonight? <~

Status
Not open for further replies.
lets just end this topic cuz its been done over and over so HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!

Oh no...:wacko:

Well Happy New Year Everyone

Im sorry If I disgusted people by asking if anyone was going to have a drink. I only ended up having half a glass of bucks fizz in the end as I decided thats what I am comfortable with after 7 months of being alcohol free. I have done everything else right in my pregnancy, and now I feel bad for starting this thread.

I hope everyone enjoys New Years Day anyway..xx

Im sorry If I disgusted people by asking if anyone was going to have a drink. I only ended up having half a glass of bucks fizz in the end as I decided thats what I am comfortable with after 7 months of being alcohol free. I have done everything else right in my pregnancy, and now I feel bad for starting this thread.

omg dont feel bad because one person jumped in with a strong opinion hun, it happens unfortunately but your thread got lots of positive replies - glad you had a drink, you were absolutely not the only one, i only had the alcohol free stuff coz i was feeling quite crappy pains last night, thankfully today they have gone so i might have a late glass of wine x

wow....I can honestly say that I am really disgusted that this question was even asked. I am even more shocked with how many of you ladies are actually going to have a drink tonight at all. Like MiissMuffett said...there will be plenty of time after your pregnancy to have alcohol. Is New Years THAT big of a holiday to even have any alcohol cross through the placenta?! I could never do this to my baby...not even one sip!!!!

Well aren't I glad you have no control over what I put into my body! One small glass isn't going to do any harm. Instead of judging people why don't you not post on a thread that you clearly disagree with.

EternalRose don't feel silly, some people are just very judgemental. You aren't advocating people drinking stupid amounts every night. Hope you had a good night!

wow....I can honestly say that I am really disgusted that this question was even asked. I am even more shocked with how many of you ladies are actually going to have a drink tonight at all. Like MiissMuffett said...there will be plenty of time after your pregnancy to have alcohol. Is New Years THAT big of a holiday to even have any alcohol cross through the placenta?! I could never do this to my baby...not even one sip!!!!

Well aren't I glad you have no control over what I put into my body! One small glass isn't going to do any harm. Instead of judging people why don't you not post on a thread that you clearly disagree with.

EternalRose don't feel silly, some people are just very judgemental. You aren't advocating people drinking stupid amounts every night. Hope you had a good night!

Here here! Eternal dont worry honey xxxxxxx:hugs:

Thank you ladies, I hope you are all enjoying your New Years. :hugs: x x x

Agreed with Honeygrl. I choose not to drink alcohol during pregnancy myself but felt my eyes popping out of my head when I read jbrocksmith's post. It's not about sharing an opinion, it's about the way it was presented, and it was definitely put across in a damning way. It's personal choice how someone decides to present their opinion, but one can't post something like that and then not expect some strong replies. If pregnant women were talking about getting sloshed, I could totally understand it then. But one drink doesn't warrant the tone in that post, in my opinion.

Anyway, hope all you ladies enjoyed your New Year's toast and looking forward to some exciting new additions and adventures in our lives in 2010! :)

Agreed with Honeygrl. I choose not to drink alcohol during pregnancy myself but felt my eyes popping out of my head when I read jbrocksmith's post. It's not about sharing an opinion, it's about the way it was presented, and it was definitely put across in a damning way. It's personal choice how someone decides to present their opinion, but one can't post something like that and then not expect some strong replies. If pregnant women were talking about getting sloshed, I could totally understand it then. But one drink doesn't warrant the tone in that post, in my opinion.

Anyway, hope all you ladies enjoyed your New Year's toast and looking forward to some exciting new additions and adventures in our lives in 2010! :)

Thank you hun :hugs:, and yes I cant believe we are all going to be new mummies this year so exciting x x x

OH for god SAKE! you always get one (or two!!) don't you...
Instead of kicking up a fuss and causing arguments on the forum, why didn't you just say you're not having a drink because you dont think its right... instead of trying to make everyone feel bad!! Its a personal choice... Afterall, my midwife said 1 small glass of wine a week is fine!! If you don't want to drink.... FINE.. but don't think because you don't, nobody else should!!! :growlmad: Sorry but Judgemental people really annoy me!!!

Wow I just read through the rest of this thread.

I didn't drink but don't judge anyone who did have a glass.

Anyway hope everyone had a lovely NYE and HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone! Especially Eternal Rose and my Bump Buddy Lili who are such a lovely ladies :)

Take care x

Yawn yawn soap box city! Seen threads like this soooo many times!

Er, dont you dare feel bad for posting this! Mwah x

I had 2 glasses of wine and lemonade! And I have had the odd glass throughout my pregnancy.

Im not ashamed of this, Im not stupid. And at the end of the day, its my baby, my body.

And if anyone wants to judge then it will fall on deaf ears with me im afraid!

Happy New Years girls xxx

I had no alcohol last night but a glass of weak shandy over the Xmas period. That's all I have had since getting pregnant.

Jeez anyone would think y'all were planning on going on a 3 day bender caining the stella, guiness, rose and JD...

One teeny tiny "weak as piss" glass of something ain't gonna harm anyone.

:D

I ended up ringing in the New Year at DHs work with him because his stupid boss decided to be a spoil sport and make all the staff stay until midnight! Didn't even get to have my sips of champagne because it was a 45 minute drive home and I didn't want DH to have to drive since he'd been driving all evening. Oh well... atleast this year we weren't forced to ring in the new year at a strip club! (every year since we met we both worked at one and got stuck working on New Years Eve.. him DJing and me bartending)

haha. I have been reading through this post just waiting for it to go sour, as they always do!

As we have said before, it really depends where you are from. Most docs in the States say NO DRINKING, whatsoever!!

But through talking to ladies from over the pond and from doing some online strolling... that it has been said a light drink or two a week has shown no harm.

Eternal Rose- do not feel bad about this post! It was quite a lovely post until judgements started flying in!

haha. I have been reading through this post just waiting for it to go sour, as they always do!

As we have said before, it really depends where you are from. Most docs in the States say NO DRINKING, whatsoever!!

But through talking to ladies from over the pond and from doing some online strolling... that it has been said a light drink or two a week has shown no harm.

Eternal Rose- do not feel bad about this post! It was quite a lovely post until judgements started flying in!

I honestly think the doctors here in the US take that view just to cover their butts! They seem to do a lot of that here and just assume we don't have decent enough judgment ourselves to do anything in moderation. My old doctor use to tell me a little won't hurt a thing and he's the one who's opinion I always trust. There was a time when they were telling women that a glass a week was actually good for them. haha This week they'll say breast is good, next week they'll change their mind. Right now sleeping in a crib is good in their opinion, later they'll support the family bed. Since they can't make any real lasting decisions on anything at all it's up to us to decide what's best for us and our families!

LOL

I said in my earlier post that a glass of champagne would be my tipple but was unsure whether I would actually have it...

well, I did! I had a half glass of champers mixed with orange juice and it was delightful!!!

I toasted in the new year wonderfully and know this is going to be a very special year :cloud9:

Nicola xx

You didnt disgust me and you certainly shouldnt feel bad about asking if any one is going to have a drink hun!!

And for the record, I had a couple of glasses of wine cause I wanted too and I really dont care if anyone is "disgusted" either. :nope:

Happy New Year!!! :) xxxxx

I hope all you girls that had a drink last night enjoyed it.

Having opinions is okay, it is how you present them that matters, words like disgusted, shocked etc etc will come across as judgemental and possibly offend people. I have four babies, eight pregnancies and have never drunk alcohol during my pregnancies, but that was my choice and I do not judge others who do. I think it is to be completely avoided during trimester one.

Below is the guidelines in England (possibly the UK not sue thought :shrug:);
'The Department of Health and Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists advise that pregnant women should not drink more than one to two units of alcohol once or twice a week. Binge drinking (drinking several units of alcohol in one session) should be avoided.'

EternalRose dont feel bad for either having a drink, or starting this thread :hugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back