Soap in the Mouth....

What part of scrubbing the tongue is so hard to understand? It's not "shoving". Geez. You guys are acting as if our parents doused us in gasoline and lit us on fire :wacko:

I am honestly, baffled to the point of speechlessness how anybody can think its okay to do. I really am.

What part of scrubbing the tongue is so hard to understand? It's not "shoving". Geez. You guys are acting as if our parents doused us in gasoline and lit us on fire :wacko:

Every single bit of it.

What a clusterfuck.

I'm very thankful for the parents I have. I may not choose to use the methods they used, but fuck it all they never abused me. I'd much rather have parents that weren't afraid to discipline than some of the other ideas on here.

I'd much rather have parents that weren't afraid to discipline than some of the other ideas on here.

"I discipline my kids, I just don't use abusive methods!"

Waiting for it......

Actually, there are non physical ways to discipline is what i was about to say.

My mum used soap but made me brush my teeth with it I didn't swear infront of her again till I was a teen and rarely swear infront of her now

I used to put hand soap in my own mouth to blow bubbles. Dish soap worked even better. Is that considered self abuse?

I thought this was News and Debates not "take the piss out of every opinion you don't like"

Would you like me to insult your parent's techniques? Then we'll see how you like it.....?

Hostility?!

We just had accusations of oral rape, abuse and other nonsense thrown at us. Pretty sure that would get anyone's dander up.

I never threw a fit about discipline. I didn't freak out when they said they would wash my mouth out if I cursed. It was a known fact that if I cursed then that would happen. If I chose to curse, I already chose my punishment. Take it and be done with it. Soap they used was non toxic and technically toothpaste was worse if swallowed. Not sure where abuse comes in to play with that.

Still wouldn't do that to a toddler. Way too young.

Why do people get so defensive over what their parents did when it comes to discipline? No one seems to get this riled up in conversations about other stuff like when we were weaned or who we were babysat by or how old we were when we were allowed out to play alone. I don't get it.

I get upset when people demonize someone I love or say they abused me. Pretty sure that's normal.

Would you like me to insult your parent's techniques? Then we'll see how you like it.....?

Pretty sure i can find plenty of people on here who have debated and disagreed with my parents techniques. But i don't ridicule them. Its funny how you are insulted by us disagreeing but its okay for you to ridicule us?

Why do people get so defensive over what their parents did when it comes to discipline? No one seems to get this riled up in conversations about other stuff like when we were weaned or who we were babysat by or how old we were when we were allowed out to play alone. I don't get it.

I get upset when people demonize someone I love or say they abused me. Pretty sure that's normal.

Exactly, I mean geez is it that shocking to be offended when someone who doesn't know you calls your parents abusers?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->