Softcups

Hey Icefire! Thanks for the words of support! It is nice to hear it is normal! :)
Colds suck! I havent even hit the worst of it yet :(
Ness- Drunk OH! LMAO- I hope you manage to tease him when he gets in!Emotional is a good sign babe. Dont give up hope on AF yet- I thought I had not done enough either remember?
Me- already in bed and could crash any minute- saddo on sat night!

thats very true Min! I'm not even 1dpo though yet so can't be ss'ing :haha:

He's in - sorry for delay in replying, he is absolutely shit faced - just had to feed him and put him to bed and he's pissed on the floor in the toilet.....OMG what a plank

Oh dear! I hope you remind him of all of it tomorrow!! He needs to make it up to you :)
Have a good evening- I am going to make a hot toddy- without the booze- and hit bed xx

I've got photo evidence to blackmail him with tomorrow :rofl:

ok honey have a nice evening - gonna go up to bed soon myself! xx

thats very true Min! I'm not even 1dpo though yet so can't be ss'ing :haha:

He's in - sorry for delay in replying, he is absolutely shit faced - just had to feed him and put him to bed and he's pissed on the floor in the toilet.....OMG what a plank

This may be my situation in a few hours! :haha:
Although I'll probably have to go pick up up from town!

On a softcup note. . .
I used my first one on our little SMEP today :happydance:
OH thinks I'm a nut case :)

Although I am only CD8 so probably a waste
but I was too excited I had too :haha:

:dust:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ha ha my OH thinks I'm a nutcase too - he took pleasure in describing the sound they make when I take them out, the smell and me putting them in to his friend Sam who knows we're ttc I was mortified ha ha xx

I had used these before for the intended purpose, so it was a no-brainer to try them for ttc. We used them last month around ovulation. Once DH placed it into the cup directly and then I placed it in. Second time inserted post BD. I agree about the wet spot!! It's great that way, you can just fall asleep....

Unfortunately, no BFP. This is the second month, but we didn't use it before I never got the positive from OPK. Next cycle we are going IUI. But for like $5 for a box of 14 , it can't hurt and is one of the cheapest things you can do! You can buy these at walgreens in the feminine protection isle, usually top shelf.

Good lucks ladies!

Hello ladies!!!

Aww Ness don't get too down yet sweetie....only 1 dpo! I know its hard but try to concentrate on something else...ANYTHING else. That is my new strategy for this month. Sounds to me like you did just the right amount of BDing this month, and that combined with the strong OPK gives you a great chance! Oh, and I couldn't help but laugh at your drunk OH....think I would have to make him clean up the pee in the bathroom the next morning. It would give him something to do in between bouts of vomiting :haha: Hope you took lots of blackmail pictures....

HopeSprings, thanks for the info! I also bought mine at Walgreens. Good luck on your IUI and keep us posted!

Min and Helly, I hope you are both feeling better today! Being sick is just the worst :nope:

AFM, CD 11 now. I have poas the last two evenings and both OPKs were negative of course. I don't expect to ovulate for another couple of days, but I wanted to be sure since AF was early last month :growlmad: We finally were able to BD this morning (haven't in about 2.5 weeks because we have both been quite ill and our work schedules have been crazy). Because of that, I feel that this probably won't be our month. However, I am pursuing some of my other interests to try to keep my mind of TTC. My poor mind and heart really need a mental break. So far its working--I am feeling well.

Overall this thread has been very quiet lately--I miss you ladies we haven't seen in awhile (Eve, Sabrina, etc...) and I hope you are all well!

:hugs: and :dust: to you all!

ha ha ha Allie he felt awful this morning lol!! He did have me in stitches last night - you gotta laugh and I have to be grateful he doesnt go out binge drinking often lol!

Thank you hun I know I'm daft to be feeling out already but just a defence thing I think to avoid disappointment, only 10 days from tomorrow and I will know anyway!

Good luck with getting +opk and bd'ing - you're trying the SMEP next cycle if you dont catch the eggy this cycle aren't you?

I agree this thread has gone so quiet!!

hay ladies well i used my softcups for the first time this month and i struggled to get them out, my oh had to do it for me.. has any one else had this problem?

ha ha my OH thinks I'm a nutcase too - he took pleasure in describing the sound they make when I take them out, the smell and me putting them in to his friend Sam who knows we're ttc I was mortified ha ha xx

:shock:

The little monkey!!
I'd be mortified :haha:

hay ladies well i used my softcups for the first time this month and i struggled to get them out, my oh had to do it for me.. has any one else had this problem?

ME!!!!!!!! I actually just popped into this thread to find stories/tips on how people get them out! I tried Softcups for the first time today. Had no problem getting it in, but I could NOT get the darned thing out. OH even struggled to help get it out. I think he's not too interested in having to do that again. :rofl:

i sit on the toilet put my finger in to hook it out then sort of push and it pops over pubic bone Sorry if tmi

Yeah I did kind of. . . . :haha:

I did manage to get them out myself but the first time took me a good hour and 8 tries :shock:

And the second time I manged it second try

Have you tried pushing down like your going for a poop?
It helps O:)

xx

EDIT: I was sat on the toilet whenb I tried to get it out o:)

i sit on the toilet put my finger in to hook it out then sort of push and it pops over pubic bone Sorry if tmi

Very little is TMI around here!!! :haha:

I'll have to give this a try next time (though I'll make sure OH is around somewhere just in case!!)

And thanks Maaybe10, makes me feel better! I struggled for a bit (but was laying down in bed, the same was as I got it in), but gave up probably too quickly. I guess on CD10, I'll give it another try!

If you have put the softcup in correctly you will find it behind your pubic bone.

1. Take a deep breath (tensing is not fun)
2. Find the plastic bit with your finger
3. Make your finger into a hook and pull it out slowly and steadily

Good luck! Its pretty easy once you are used to it. I used them during my last AF before my :BFP: and it helped me get good practice with them during a less stressful time.

Hey Ladies,
this thread is toooo quiet!
Icefire- thanks- I hope you get your positive OPK soon and dont worry bout not :sex: alot before hand. DH and I didnt much the month I got my :bfp: it only takes one :)

Ness- I hope Mark was nice to you all day :)

I've been in bed all day and am bored :(
Though I may have had some MS- Had some weetabix for dinner (cant taste anything) and I felt nausea after- but that could be my man flu LOL

Modo your due today!! :)

No wait . . .
does EDD mean estimated due date? :wacko:

xx

Good evening ladies!

To the ladies having trouble getting the softcups out: I struggled a bit the first time I used them, so I sat on the toilet, emptied my bladder (even though I didn't really feel like I needed to pee), hooked my finger around the lip of the softcup, and it slid right out. Again, a thousand apologies for the TMI, but I've been doing this since then and haven't had a lick of trouble since. Good luck to you all! :thumbup:

Ness--yes they are quite funny when they get drunk. My DH doesn't get drunk too often either and when he does, he usually does it at home. I know when to stop so I don't feel bad later, but he doesn't always exercise the same restraint:haha: So I just laugh at him and move on. He's only done it a couple of times and doesn't like being the butt of my jokes, so he hasn't done it since.

Min I am sorry you still feel so poorly! MS mixed with the nasty sinus bug is really awful! Hope it clears for you soon! Getting a scan or something this week right?

Sure hope this thread picks up this week...I sure do miss all our softcups ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->