Softcups

Baby lou - Did you ever worry though that when you push it in that some of the semen may be seperated or you might not get all of it in the softcup or that the semen that is not covered by the softcup will try to swim up and then be unable to get past the softcup. I worry this. Am I being silly lol?

Loulou - Ok I know you said you have a tipped uterus....so give me some tips on getting this thing in again? I am worried I wont get it in properly..do you think I should try to get one in now before we bd?

Missymoomoo- yes I always worried about that. After BDing I lay with my hips elevated for 10 mins first to get all the sperm into my cervix- then without moving I inserted the softcup 10 mins later xx

ttcbaby- it didn't cause any problems getting it in at all. I sometimes felt mild cramps while wearing one (which i have only heard people with a tilted uterus say) but nothing to worry about xxx

Ok next time we :sex: I am going to do same as you then 10 mins with hips elevated and then push the Softcup in. I worry also that the cushions are not propping me up enough. I keep on shuving cushions under my bum to get me up lol. Then the cushions kinda flop so I try to push more under. How elevated do you need to be? lol
Oh and did you get your BFP using softcups and if so how many cycles did you use them for and did you use them with preseed also? Sorry about questions. lol

ok thanks loulou, DH just got home so I am giving him a minute before I jump him....LOL

Ha ha- go TTC!!! Poor OH won't know what's hit him. Xx

missmoomoo- I think your hips only have to be slightly tilted- I used to put two pillows under my bum and just lie there. Yes I was using softcups when I got my bfp. It was my 4th clomid cycle- 3rd using a softcup! Before the bfp month I had been using Conceive Plus instead- I swapped to Preseed and got my bfp. I also drank pink grapefruit juice in the morning and decaff green tea in the afternoons and took robuttsin cough medicine (all these things are supposed to make it a good enviroment in there! The only extra thing I did the last month was swap my normal fishoils for 'Mumomega' supplements from Boots- I'd read about it on another forum apparently being better for TTC. I was taking pure Royal Jelly, Pregnacare and extra Folic acid xx

Oh babylou you must be on cloud nine! You must have been crying when you got your bfp with happyness. I cant imagine that moment. lol x Thanks for all your replies. This is really helping me. xx

To be honest i just didn't believe it! I thought it was a mistake! Never seen a line before in nearly 6 years of TTC! I still don't believe it'll happen now! I don't believe nothing will go wrong!

Good luck for this cycle xxx

Missy I was the same sometimes not much spemies and other times more. But I think the thing we need to remember is what is left over semen and not really sperm so sure most of them got up :happydance:

Babylou - awww ty I have been predicted June or July so fx xxx
Wanting - I know isn't it weird hmmmm. Why do we worry about absolutely everything...I know I do lol

Babylou - I am getting the Pink Grapefruit and the Decaf Green Tea in my diet also now hehe

Babylou - awww ty I have been predicted June or July so fx xxx
Wanting - I know isn't it weird hmmmm. Why do we worry about absolutely everything...I know I do lol

Yeah I know me too. I can be totally erratic sometimes and hubby has to tell me to wind my neck in :rofl:

ok ladies - well I used the softcup last night and I to be honest it kept slipping out of place. I did have some leakage but not much...then I took it out about 4 hours later and nothing was in there. I kept thinking I put it in and it pushed the spermies away from my cervix, I am so disappointed. I am not sure any got into my cervix. Anyone have any tips on this?

we dtd I put my legs up and slid the soft cup in and laid there for about 15 mintues. When I got up to clean up I had some leakage. Well we had to go to his cousins last night for her birthday and I could feel leakage and the damn softcup kept sliding out. I really dont think I did it right. UGH, I just hope I havent Oved yet so I can try again tonight. Is it possible to push the sperm out of the way of the cervix with the softcup?

Missy - I didnt have anything in my cup but I did have leakage so I dont know what happened.

oh and remember I have a tilted uterus so I dont know if that makes a difference.

Ttc- did you push it up far enough? It hooks over the cervix and shouldn't move about at all! You have to really push it up there!

ttcbaby - Did you push it in and downwards kinda? You have to push it in but downwards and then it kinda moulds inself around the cervix because it cannot go anywhere else but what you do need to make sure of is that the pink plastic ring is undernearth your pubic bone and this is how it stays in place. If it is not underneath your pubic bone it will slip out. So push it in, and downwards and then tilt in kinda upwards once it has gone to a point it can no longer go because pushing it upwards makes it go just behind your pubic bone and stay in place.

I know mine was close to my cervix because I experimented before I started to bd. I wanted to be prepared so I pushed one up and then just to make sure I had it in right I pushed 2 fingers up and to my amazement I could feel the whole of the cup totally surrounding my cervix. And it was a very tight fit at that! They are a very clever design once inserted correctly x

I hope you get it right tonight. x

I am so intimidated by these things - I haven't even gotten mine yet (waiting for them to come) but just reading all of this and seeing how a lot of people are confused with how to insert them - I'm afraid!! I try to check my cervical position and I am not even sure I"m even anywhere near my cervix...when I insert the soft cup, if I'm laying down flat on my backwhen I put it in so I put it in facing upwards or downwards?

With the open part facing upwards Liz. - you squeeze the rim and push it down and back as far as you can- then let it go! A couple of practices and you'll be fine xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->