Softcups

Hi Blessedmomma, this is our first month using these products.

You ARE blessed! I am very hopeful this month. Actually tracking with the OPKs..getting + on those so we are bding all the way from last night through Sat which is when I am suppose to ov.

Any tips or advice?

Thanks for the continued communication. I had my first son 21 yrs ago when I was 17. He is now in the Marines and my new DH has never had a child. We really want this together.

One would think it's like riding a bike and you never forget...NOT!

Of course it seems like it happened without any effort then and now I 'm jumping through hoops!

my best advice is just to track your cycles, temp, use ov kits, etc. you can know if ovulation actually occured by your temp rise. you wont produce progesterone if you dont ovulate, and progesterone is what makes your temp rise. also, you can find out if there is any other issues with your cycle by tracking it. i found out once that my luteal phase (time from ovulation to af) was too short. if its too short you wont be able to get pregnant or stay pregnant. i used a b-50 complex vitamin to lengthen it and progesterone cream from the internet called happy pms cream. you can use the b-50 or b-100 your entire cycle. it has either 50 or 100 mg of the b vitamins. b-6 is good for your body naturally making progesterone, b-12 will help you not miscarry, folic acid will help with development of baby. taking them all together will help each of them be absorbed better. the progesterone cream will help sustain a pregnancy. you use it from ovulation to af, or throughout the first tri if you get pregnant. i learned a lot of women have a hormonal imbalance after 30-35 yrs of age, so using the progesterone creams will help a lot. hope this is your month! :hugs:

mid- a lot of women like fertility friend's webiste for tracking cycles. i used it for a while and it was good. i found one that in my opinion is better because they offer all the stuff fertility friend does, but also offer some things for free that you would have to pay for on fertility friend. its called countdown to pregnancy...

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/

MrsPTTC I had my bloods done in Oct 09 before I had my tubal reversal surgery to make sure I was was ovulating and that all my hormones were in check before spending $on the surgery. My husband is in the Army and he deployed shortly after my surgery. We've only been able to try 5 times since March 2010 (which is when I had my surgery). I have a phobia of going to the doctor so I put it off as long as possible. If not pg after this cycle is over I guess I'll break down and go. Thank you for your reply.

For the ladies asking about can you have a cycle and not ovulate...yup sure can each and every month. Also it is a myth that you alternate sides each month. If you only have one it will be dominate and ovulate more often than not as well.

BABY DUST LADIES :)

No problem at all ladies. Happy to help.

Flutterby, excuse my ignorance but what is a tube reversal? It sounds like an undoing of 'tube tying' but I bet its something completely different lol. Bless you it must be so hard ttc with your DH being away. Shame you couldn't freeze his :spermy: & inseminate! x

Yes it is exactly that. It is when they rejoin the tubes after they've been cut. Or removal of the clips that were put in. I had one too back in May. My DH will be leaving for work for a few months, so if we don't catch the eggy this time it will be a while before we can try again. I wish we could freeze his sperm and keep it handy. After all, that is all I need. He can go about his business! LOl, I don't mean that, just a little mad at him right now!!

Little off the subject girls, but there seems to be a wealth of knowledge in this thread! I have been suffering really light periods since I've been charting... I wonder if this means the lining of my womb my be too thin for an egg to stick?? What would I need to take to get heavier periods, any1 know? I know I need to make a Drs appointment really... But finding time isn't always easy! I had bloods taken on the 4th of August after mentioning to the nurse that I was TTC, the results came back as normal but I've never had a discussion with my Dr. Anyone know of anything I can take to make my flow heavier, I'll be very grateful!
Still no ovulation confirmed either... Hope my softcups and standing on my head after :sex: hasn't been in vein! Lol

carly- i dont know what you could take, but the estrogen in the first half of the cycle is what builds up the lining. the progesterone keeps the lining in place for implantation after ovulation and to nourish baby if you do implant. i know some women use chlomid or soy to help estrogen along. but if you are ovulating, i dont know if i would use that. if you use progesterone for the second half of your cycle it will cause estrogen to rise higher in your next cycle, which could make your lining thicker. i guess im not much help. i would probably google it and see. what do you consider light for af too? it may be completely normal?

Well my last AF came in the afternoon. I put a light tampon in and it wasn't full on removal before bed. Put another in before bed and it was dry in the morning, and I then had 2 days of brown CM. The flo is more like a red CM. Its slimy rather than blood lookin, if that makes sense? Sits on top of the tissue when I wipe than absorbs. And no clots (sorry tmi!) Been like this since my af in august. Before that would would last 3 days. I can't find anything on google... Its full of ppl moanin they have heavy flows! It says about light periods being related to thyroid problems, but that wouldve picked up in hormone tests surely? And I am ovulating and I've got normal length cycle (26-28 days) and a luteal phase of 12-14days. Oh I dunno... Ttc is complicated! Thanks for tryin to help tho... Might give progesterone a go...

Hi Ladies! I am new to this but found this thread while researching the soft cups as a fertility aid. DH & I are using these along with the pressed. This is our 3rd month TTC. I had a positive on my OPK last night so we used the pre seed 10 min before we BD and put the soft cup in immediately after!

I am seeing/hearing lots of success stories about this combination so my fingers are crossed!

Has anyone else heard success stories?

I am so nervous. 38yrs old and only 1 ovary...ai ai ai.

Baby dust to all and I would love to find a TTC buddy..any takers?

We had the OPK+ on the same day... Softcups and preseed as well, 35 years old, TTC our first...14 months, all of them with OPK, my second try with softcups, and with no identifiable problem....doctors claim "it just didn't happen" yet... Hope both of us get a BFP this month!!!:flower:

Mrsm FXd for you! x

Midlifemama, good luck, I think its fab you're ttc at 38, my mum had my younger brother at 40! :thumbup: x

Mine too!

that does sound light. did they specifically check your thyroid when they checked hormones hun? and did anything happen in august that may have effected your hormones?... like miscarriage, start/stop birth control of any kind, any surgery, extremely stressful situations, etc?

I don't know if I'm putting them in right. Ystrdy I had a lot of leakage. TMI, I mean a big glob came trickling down my leg when I stood up. Today a little, not as much. Last cycle I had none at all. Cervix feels open. Just like with af. Don't think I'm ovulating yet. Could that be why? There wasn't much left over when I took it out about 6 hrs later.

I've got no idea because I wasn't actually told when I had the test, or when I called for the results.
Nothing I can think of would've caused any changes... I had my implant out a year ago, and my periods went for 3wks long with it, to 3 days long after it, to now, barely nothing! Guess I'll just have to book an appointment and have a proper chat! Thanks for ur help Blessed. :hugs:

Carly, I hope you get some answers. There's nothing worse than not knowing. I can't help you. I'm one of the moaners complaining about long, heavy periods!

carly- you will probably find out more at your appt than on here. im glad you are going in! hope its soon for you hun :hugs:

Hey everyone.

I'm not sure Carly. Sorry. Do you remember what your cycles were like before the implant. Maybe pop to your doctor and discuss is see what happens this cycle. Hopefully a BFP!

Still no +OPK for me. Getting very frustrated.

I'm going away tomorrow until Tuesday. Will try and pop on but if I don't make it I'll be thinking of you all.

Yes it is exactly that. It is when they rejoin the tubes after they've been cut. Or removal of the clips that were put in. I had one too back in May. My DH will be leaving for work for a few months, so if we don't catch the eggy this time it will be a while before we can try again. I wish we could freeze his sperm and keep it handy. After all, that is all I need. He can go about his business! LOl, I don't mean that, just a little mad at him right now!!

Ah so I guessed right! So how old were you when you had your tubes tied? Such a big step! But at least its reversible. Hope you catch your eggy hun! x

Well my last AF came in the afternoon. I put a light tampon in and it wasn't full on removal before bed. Put another in before bed and it was dry in the morning, and I then had 2 days of brown CM. The flo is more like a red CM. Its slimy rather than blood lookin, if that makes sense? Sits on top of the tissue when I wipe than absorbs. And no clots (sorry tmi!) Been like this since my af in august. Before that would would last 3 days. I can't find anything on google... Its full of ppl moanin they have heavy flows! It says about light periods being related to thyroid problems, but that:cry: wouldve picked up in hormone tests surely? And I am ovulating and I've got normal length cycle (26-28 days) and a luteal phase of 12-14days. Oh I dunno... Ttc is complicated! Thanks for tryin to help tho... Might give progesterone a go...

Carly this will sound a stupid question but you have taken a test haven't you?? Just I've heard people getting light AF's then getting a BFP & it turning out to be an implantation bleed. I Googled improve womb lining & there doesn't appear to be anything over the counter/supplements but someone said they'd got something from their doctor to help, so thats definitely a good next step for you x

I was almost 28. It was after my 3rd child. It was reversible but I only had one that was able to be repaired, so now I'm a one-tuber. I didn't plan my other pregnancies so all this is so new to me.

Well my last AF came in the afternoon. I put a light tampon in and it wasn't full on removal before bed. Put another in before bed and it was dry in the morning, and I then had 2 days of brown CM. The flo is more like a red CM. Its slimy rather than blood lookin, if that makes sense? Sits on top of the tissue when I wipe than absorbs. And no clots (sorry tmi!) Been like this since my af in august. Before that would would last 3 days. I can't find anything on google... Its full of ppl moanin they have heavy flows! It says about light periods being related to thyroid problems, but that:cry: wouldve picked up in hormone tests surely? And I am ovulating and I've got normal length cycle (26-28 days) and a luteal phase of 12-14days. Oh I dunno... Ttc is complicated! Thanks for tryin to help tho... Might give progesterone a go...

Carly this will sound a stupid question but you have taken a test haven't you?? Just I've heard people getting light AF's then getting a BFP & it turning out to be an implantation bleed. I Googled improve womb lining & there doesn't appear to be anything over the counter/supplements but someone said they'd got something from their doctor to help, so thats definitely a good next step for you x

Now that you say that, and I read the post again, that's exactly what it sounds like to me. When was that and how long is the cycle if you count back before the bleeding/spotting?

I was almost 28. It was after my 3rd child. It was reversible but I only had one that was able to be repaired, so now I'm a one-tuber. I didn't plan my other pregnancies so all this is so new to me.

Wow, that's great you've decided to ttc again, good luck hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"