Softcups

I bought a femmecup from amazon and some cheap ovulation test strips. I never had a positive according to the strips but used the femmecup regardless. This month i was literally waiting for AF to arrive as i thought i hadnt ovulated. I obviously did, as somehow the sperm met the egg!
Bit of advice whether it worked or not i dont know, i put preseed around the rim of the cup before inserting it after sex as DH doesnt like the feel of preseed inside me. 4 months of using preseed alone didnt work so i can only assume it was the femmecup. Fx to you all x

Carlie, congratulations on your BFP! That's VERY exciting. Are you going to tell your close friends/family or wait? I always think I'll tell my parent right away because they know how long I've struggled ttc and if I miscarry well, that's a part of ttc isn't it? But I don't know, dh wants us to wait if we ever do get preggers.

On the topic of softcups, there's also a product called diva cup. I bought it 8 years ago and haven't spent a dime on anything since. It's silicone and you simply boil it at the end of your AF. It works just as well as the soft cups, you don't even feel it except for when it needs emptying and you don't need to keep spending money on fem products. Usually found at places like whole foods/community natural foods and can be used to help conception just like softcups.

Carlie, congratulations on your BFP! That's VERY exciting. Are you going to tell your close friends/family or wait? I always think I'll tell my parent right away because they know how long I've struggled ttc and if I miscarry well, that's a part of ttc isn't it? But I don't know, dh wants us to wait if we ever do get preggers.

On the topic of softcups, there's also a product called diva cup. I bought it 8 years ago and haven't spent a dime on anything since. It's silicone and you simply boil it at the end of your AF. It works just as well as the soft cups, you don't even feel it except for when it needs emptying and you don't need to keep spending money on fem products. Usually found at places like whole foods/community natural foods and can be used to help conception just like softcups.

i bought one of these after a recomendation i think on this thread :happydance: once i got the hang of putting it in right its fantastic!!!! il never go back :thumbup: xxx

i bought one of these after a recomendation i think on this thread :happydance: once i got the hang of putting it in right its fantastic!!!! il never go back :thumbup: xxx

Chicky, where did you buy yours? I think I want to try them. do you use them for periods or conception?

Chicky, where did you buy yours? I think I want to try them. do you use them for periods or conception?

Hey Briss i got mine in boots. They were kind of hidden on the very bottom shelf where they have the tampons etc. they are brill I actually forget I'm on my period! Takes a few goes gettin it in right first cycle but that was because I kept trying to put it in too high (like with a tampon) it sits really low and has a bit hanging off which I've cut off it just got in the way lol. Tink uses one too :) (well..not that she'll need it for a while) oh and I use it for af only and use softcups for after dtd :winkwink: Xxx

Added to my shopping list for when I go back home. Seriously they don't sell anything worthwhile downunder.

Chicky you reckon a diaphragm would work instead of a softcup? They don't sell them over here.

exilius, you may try other menstrual cups such as the diva cup or the moon cup. I have an Aussie friend who uses the diva cup

You should look @ the diva cup website and see if you can purchase directly from the company. For all the hassle it'll save you alot of money over the years. They can be used for both af and conception.

I think the softcup sits higher & closer to the cervix tho, so for conception I'm going to try softcups this month.

I meant for conception. It sits closer to the cervix than a divacup, and I already have one, was just wondering if anyone thought it would surfice

I meant for conception. It sits closer to the cervix than a divacup, and I already have one, was just wondering if anyone thought it would surfice

I have read of people conceiving with the mooncup so I think the diva should suffice. Try propping while you have it in?

I think wires are crossed. I don't have a diva, or a mooncup, or a softcup. None of these products are readily available to me. I remembered when I got my diaphragm being told many women use it as a menstruation cup (just turn it upside down) so I was wondering if it was likely to work in the same way as these other products if inserted right after sex

I think wires are crossed. I don't have a diva, or a mooncup, or a softcup. None of these products are readily available to me. I remembered when I got my diaphragm being told many women use it as a menstruation cup (just turn it upside down) so I was wondering if it was likely to work in the same way as these other products if inserted right after sex

I don't see why not. Give it a whirl :thumbup:

I had a diaphragm many years ago and I think it's just wider slightly than the cups but I'd still give it a go.

Divacup: https://www.jardinediapers.com/images/website_insert.jpg[/URL]

compared to
Diaphragm: https://www.mhhe.com/socscience/sex/common/ibank/ibank/0117.jpg

compared to a
Softcup:https://img.search.com/thumb/b/b7/D...x-Disposable_menstrual_diaphragm_inserted.png

I agree the diaphram should work about the same. If you don't have them avab to you in stores you can always order them. They are very inexpensive.

Just wanted to pop in and say I used the cup this cycle so we shall see and to wish each of you much baby dust

I tried using it for the first time last night. Let's just say that I need some practice!

I used them the first time this cycle too. Getting it in was fine, getting out again the next morning, not so much fun! LOL I did have a panicy thought that I was going to have to go to A&E and get the thing taken out, but finally got it over my pubic bone and out Phew!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->