"Some Mid term ttc girls got preggo... waiting on the others"

My plan is to walk into the hospital back first!!!!! :rofl: I'm a baby, admittedly. However I've never really understood why people choose to put themselves in pain when there isn't any real need to be. :shrug: I also watch a lot of "Baby Story" :haha: and i've noticed most people get one and get some rest so they have the energy to push (or in case of emergency C-section) but then right before they push they turn the drip way down so you can feel plenty to push, but still eases the pain.

Basically if I could I would get one at conception. haha
Oh... my mom had 4 children. 2 with, 2 without. She says now, knowing what she does.... she would get an epidural if she adopted. :haha:

ok girls i need some reassurances..so i went for my routine appointment with dr. and my usual dr. is on holidays and i was seen by another dr of the same firm..
after usual measurements and everything she asked me "so its a boy eh?"
i said NO its a girl.. she said ur dr. has written its a boy in ur case notes..:nope:

now i do remember telling my dr. aftter my 21 week scan is that sonographer has told us ita a girl and she replied "oh nice, i delievered a baby boy today".. may be she got confused and wrote boy there
idk.. im scared now.. all my shopping has been pink and i jst cant imagine me going for 34 wk scan in 2 weeks time and being told its a boy!!!

my sonographer did spent 3-4 mins before telling us couple of times that its a girl and we can go and shop for pink so chances are that dr. was confused and wrote wrong in her file notes.. shes only human eh?

Ok, am I a jerk if I find that kinda funny???

I wouldn't worry. Doc may have written boy, but what I would trust far more is that the ultra sonographer (who has done this a ton) checked and double checked, and found NO pecker!

Fear not. You're having a pretty little girl.

No Allison, ur not a jerk.. when i called DH to tell him he started laughing too.. it is funny i guess... and thanks for the reassurance.. i need it BAD!!

Hmm, I have lots of thinking to do about this epidural business. I just don't like the idea of feeling out of control and also don't want my baby all drugged up. But it does sound like many ppl are pro epidural. My husband is pretty freaked out about how they put it in your spine. That part doesn't really scare me, it's just the whole losing feeling part. I think if I have a fast labor like my sister I'll try without, but if it's going long and I need rest I'll get one. Hmm....

Nids- You had your gender scan pretty late right? Like at 20 weeks?? I'm guessing the Dr. wrote the wrong thing, Nids. Try not to worry! Do you get another scan soon?

Chelsea - i did asked dr. again today abt epidural and she was VERY pro- epidural... she al.so told me after measurements that looks like my baby is good sized and probably i will hv a slow labour and epidural is good when u have that.. i was reading a lot about its disadvantages on the baby but after talking to dr today i think i will go for it.. especially if its a slow long labour..

and yes im getting my 34 week scan in 2 weeks time.. i had my last one at 20w4d and what i hv read that its fairly accurate..

Yeah, 20 weeks should be accurate! At least you'll get to double check for sure at 34 weeks, just in case you need to prepare otherwise. But honestly I just think it was a mistake by the Dr.

And I'm thinking I'm leaning that way. Epidural if its taking a long time, and no epidural if it's going pretty fast. We'll see I suppose.

i guess thats the best idea.. to go with an open mind and take things as they come.. i think there is no point in making up my mind now for something and then getting disappointed if things not going as planned..

eeek only 15 days for u !!

"Life is like a box of chocolates....." I don't think I need to finish this one :winkwink:

My biggest fear is having such a fast labour they won't give me one! haha. I don't like not feeling either it freaks me out so will go with the low dose one to ease pain.

Nids, don't worry about what doc said! My doc had to ask me what the sonographer told me, they can't read those slides so I bet it was just that mix up you were talking about. You're having a girl!

Hey girls, had my 38 week appointment today. Dr. said she is lower down now and that I need to keep thinking evacuation thoughts! I am walking my ass off and bouncing on an exercise ball every night. I don't know if I ever mentioned to you guys that my OB Dr. was a jeopardy champion and he has a picture of him with Alex Trebek in one of the rooms. I snapped a shot of the photo with my cell phone and wanted to share! :) For some reason it cracks me up to say my baby is gonna be delivered by a Jeopardy champion. :haha: Maybe I'm just a dork. :winkwink:

Attachments

• drfrankjep.jpg
    drfrankjep.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 5
You're so funny. PS- I'm on pins and needles.... every time I get an unexpected text I think it might be you :rofl:

Hmmm, maybe I'll have to do some prank texting to mess with you. :-k..........;)

Don't be mean bobo! or tease us! or else wishin might not tell us when she tests so wait at least till after then!

We got iced in with snow today, woohoo! Ugh back at mignight and to the other job at 9 am, who thinks I can hide my bump tomorrow?

its quiet here again :)

CHelsea - wow single digits now... everyday i wake up and check BnB to see any updates on u.. ur indeed a walking time bomb now :haha:

33 weeks for me... wow another 4 weeks and i will be full term too... it all flew by for us but i agree last few weeks being dragging for me.. i m having horible tail bone pain and my muscles around groing getting tighter so i stretch them twice a day now..
oh well its all part of the game eh?

I've had tummy cramps or aching on and off wondering if it is from stretching or bowels or something else. Comes and goes though.

Ugh study time!

Hey girls, I've been busy trying to get everything ready! Here is my update:

I had another ultrasound to check her size, and the Dr. says she's fine just a small baby, so far she is 6 lbs 8 ounces. But apparently my fluids are starting to get low, they aren't low yet, but they are getting there. So they are going to start inducing me on Monday!! They said it will take a while, probably a couple days. I am kind of scared, but it'll be okay! My hubby bought me a new laptop so that we can have something to do at the hospital and we'll take lots of dvds to watch. I'm kind of freaking about the whole inducing thing as I've heard it's pretty painful, so now I'm thinking I'll get that epidural!! lol

Hey girls, I've been busy trying to get everything ready! Here is my update:

I had another ultrasound to check her size, and the Dr. says she's fine just a small baby, so far she is 6 lbs 8 ounces. But apparently my fluids are starting to get low, they aren't low yet, but they are getting there. So they are going to start inducing me on Monday!! They said it will take a while, probably a couple days. I am kind of scared, but it'll be okay! My hubby bought me a new laptop so that we can have something to do at the hospital and we'll take lots of dvds to watch. I'm kind of freaking about the whole inducing thing as I've heard it's pretty painful, so now I'm thinking I'll get that epidural!! lol

OMG chelsea - its happening for you.. im excited for u babe... i knw its scary but just think next week by this time u will be a mom..
awwww i cant wait to see pics and read all abt the birth.. :hugs:

OMG EXCITING!!!!! I heard inducing by breaking waters wasn't painful. I am so happy that you'll get to see and hold her soon!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->