"Some Mid term ttc girls got preggo... waiting on the others"

just a quick update.. she is still a SHE.. had a good scan.. shes measuring right and weighs around 5 pounds.. saw her practicing breathing and making bubbles..:cloud9:
will update with pic soon..

Great news nids! See no need to worry! Off to write my last exam now!

Glad she is still a she, Nids! Your getting sooo close!!

I figured I'd tell you guys a little about the birth... so if you gotta a couple minutes to read through it, go for it!

My Dr. checked me when we got there to decide if I could start pitocin or if they would have to do a cervix softner. Him checking me was one of the most painful parts of the day, which is ridiculous!! Seriously felt like someone was trying to shove their fist through my hoohaw & up my body! OUCH!! My cervix was still back, but I was about 1 1/2 cm dilated. So he decided we'd try pitocin & hope my cervix would open up with just that.

By 8:30am they had started the pitocin. I felt contractions pretty much right away, but they didn't really hurt. They were just like mild contractions. My DH and I watched tv and played around. Then they would turn it up a little and they started getting uncomfortable. Eventually to the point where I had to go lay down on the bed. The next few hours are kind of a painful blur. The contractions just started getting really intense & extremely painful. My hubby has some funny stories about the kind of things I was saying to him, he thought it was hilarious. At one point he was eating a peanut butter granola bar, and I was having a contraction & could smell it so I yelled at him, "Get that friggin thing away from me!!!" And gave him a dirty look. :haha:

Anyways, I labored without an epidural for 8 hours & it got to the point where I was starting to doubt I could make it. Then the anesthesiologist got out of surgery and I was able to get one around 4:30, I was around 6 cm dilated around there I believe. It was heaven!!! I didn't really even feel it go in. I use to be unsure about getting an epidural, but now I think people are crazy for not getting one!!! I have so much respect for women who did long labors naturally.

Anyways, once I had the epidural I was able to just relax and rest for the rest of the time. Around 8:40pm, my Dr. came in to check on me & asked how I was feeling. I told him I was getting a lot of pressure around my bum that would come & go. He said that was a good sign, checked me & said I was ready to push!! I was shocked. I thought I'd be at 7 or 8 cm. We let her naturally come down a little bit more, at 9:05 I started pushing & she was born at 9:25! Pushing was such a relief. It seriously feels like you need to take a massive dump! :haha: Sorry for being gross, but its true. They would have me do 3 big pushes with each contraction. It was great, with the epidural I could still tell when I needed to push & I was able to push just fine. Oh yeah, and I didn't tear or anything! Perfect!

Baby girl is so beautiful! When they put her on my belly, I just bawled & bawled. Now I don't remember what life was like without her. She is such a good baby, not too whiney... yet. ;) Plus it is so sweet to watch my husband with her, he is such a sweet Daddy. Yesterday was a bad recovery day, because my milk came in. My bbs were so engorged, it has been painful. I've had to pump to have relief. That has been worse then my healing vaajayjay!

Anyways, if you read that massive post KUDOS!!

P.s. thanks for doing the updates Allison, you did awesome! :) Plus you made me laugh really hard during labor because of one of your texts. :haha:

That's how I roll girl. I enjoyed reading your "massive" post. It was s fun story:happydance: I particularly liked you yelling at hubby and your need to take a dump :haha: I've heard that before. Apparently it isn't at all uncommon for people to actually crap while pushing. haha

I saw the pics you posted on Facebook. She is such a beauty. I wanna squeeze her :cloud9:

Awww thats a great story! Of course we'll all read it! You're scaring me a bit though as I am trying without epi starting kind of like you did so we'll see how it goes! I hope my delivery is a smooth as your was!

awwww thats a good birth story.. hubby wanted to ask me something while i was reading it and i just signalled him to go away :rofl:

after reading it i think whatever doubt i had for epidural has gone and i think i gonna go for it..
i saw the pic too n facebook and she is precious!!! Chelsea.. give her few extra cuddles from my side please..

i packed my hospital bag today.. its getting close and real for me.. especiaaly after seeing her in 4d earlier this week..:blush:

That's how I roll girl. I enjoyed reading your "massive" post. It was s fun story:happydance: I particularly liked you yelling at hubby and your need to take a dump :haha: I've heard that before. Apparently it isn't at all uncommon for people to actually crap while pushing. haha

I saw the pics you posted on Facebook. She is such a beauty. I wanna squeeze her :cloud9:

I was actually worried I would take a poo while pushing! It really feels like you might. :blush: That'd be embarrassing, but at that point you don't really care. I asked my DH if I did and he said no. Phew! :)

Awww thats a great story! Of course we'll all read it! You're scaring me a bit though as I am trying without epi starting kind of like you did so we'll see how it goes! I hope my delivery is a smooth as your was!

Oh my goodness! I'm sorry, I thought you were planning on a epidural, but then just caught up on your journal! Just be ready for it to get really intense, but keep in mind it will go away once the contraction goes down. And if you get a little pain reliever it'll help you relax & rest a little between contractions. Also, if your labor goes fast then maybe it won't be a big deal. If you labor is really long is when your gonna really want something to help the pain. And once they put the baby on your belly, you seriously forget all about the pain. I didn't even know I had delivered the placenta until like 10 minutes later when I asked if it was time to yet, and they said I already had! So you can do it!!

Also, keep in mind I was induced with pitocin which a lot of ppl say makes contractions much more painful, frequent, and intense. But of course I don't know if this is true from experience.

awwww thats a good birth story.. hubby wanted to ask me something while i was reading it and i just signalled him to go away :rofl:

after reading it i think whatever doubt i had for epidural has gone and i think i gonna go for it..
i saw the pic too n facebook and she is precious!!! Chelsea.. give her few extra cuddles from my side please..

i packed my hospital bag today.. its getting close and real for me.. especiaaly after seeing her in 4d earlier this week..:blush:

Yeah, you know the doubts about the epidural I was having before. But now I'm planning on getting one with my future babies! Why force yourself to suffer... it was so nice to be able to enjoy my labor & delivery from that point on. Of course I'm sure how much it is enjoyed varies individually. And also if you have a good anesthesiologist. Mine seriously felt like he only took like 5 minutes to get it all done.

I can't believe it's almost your turn!! I can't wait!!

Yea, how much fun is it that we get to do this all again so soon!!!:happydance:

Speaking of which.... How are we going to get updates from you Nids??

Yeah I changed my mind about the epi once I had a chat with my ob, we'll start off with other pain meds first. Also he doesn't use drugs for induction he said he'll break my water first and see how that goes. I'm not thinking about it much till I get closer to my date.

On a sad note, just found out my friend who is pg might be having a miscarriage, woke up to lots of blood etc so now she has to wait till tuesday for a scan. She just had a scan at 9 weeks and baby was fine, on the tuesday of her next scan she would be 10 weeks. I know the chances are lower for mc at 9 weeks especially since she saw the HB just a couple days ago so I hope her baby is fine but now I am all sad and worried for her.

i was thinking the same and DH gave me the solution.. he is giving me iphone on my 30th which is in 11 days and so i will be updating u guys as and when i go!!

at my scan on thursday.. the estimated weight of the baby was 2.28kg/ 5.02lb.. any ideas if its in normal range? the sonographer was a bitch and even tho i told her at the start that i needed to confirm the gender she didnt till end and switched off the machine and gave me tissue to wipe the gel .. i asked her about the gender and she told me "oh didnt i tell you? i said no u didnt and she said i think i did then DH said again no u didnt and then she made a strange face and put the gel back on..
i asked her if baby measuring alright she said "its not my job to say and your dr. will discuss it with you".. i knw its true but just a small reassurance would have been great..
not going back to that place ever again!!!:growlmad:

I had a tech from hell for my gender scan to. So I can relate totally! I wanted to smack that lady!

You would think a job like that would make you an overall happy kind of person.:shrug:

i was thinking the same and DH gave me the solution.. he is giving me iphone on my 30th which is in 11 days and so i will be updating u guys as and when i go!!

at my scan on thursday.. the estimated weight of the baby was 2.28kg/ 5.02lb.. any ideas if its in normal range? the sonographer was a bitch and even tho i told her at the start that i needed to confirm the gender she didnt till end and switched off the machine and gave me tissue to wipe the gel .. i asked her about the gender and she told me "oh didnt i tell you? i said no u didnt and she said i think i did then DH said again no u didnt and then she made a strange face and put the gel back on..
i asked her if baby measuring alright she said "its not my job to say and your dr. will discuss it with you".. i knw its true but just a small reassurance would have been great..
not going back to that place ever again!!!:growlmad:

I had a growth ultrasound at 34 wks 5 days & baby was almost 5 pounds. And my Dr. said that was within in the normal range just on the small side. So yours is definitely a normal sized baby. No worries! :) Stupid ultrasound tech! :growlmad:
But YAY for the iphone and being able to update us! If you get the epidural you'll definitely have no problems updating. Can't wait!! The countdown is on!!

An iphone is my gift after I graduate and have a job to pay for it with! Until then I continue to resist the call of a new phone. No pun intended.

hello girls.. how are we all?
quiet here..
oh well i have reached to a stage where i think i have had enough.. sorry to whine but i CONSTANTLY feel tired...
so i decided today that next wednesday which is my 30th birthday will be my last day at work.
i will just put my feet up and have a bit of me time... get a good hair cut get manicure and pedicure done and jsut take it easy ..
i was planning to finish up on 14th may but i dnt think 8/9 days will make a difference :blush:

HECK no girl! Live it up, relax. You deserve it.

PS- You're SO close now!!!!!

I wish I qualified for mat leave! Its going to suck to be me at 35+ weeks working in the hospital and at work and in class!!!!! I am sure you'll all hear about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->