"Some Mid term ttc girls got preggo... waiting on the others"

oh and yes... i finished up my hospital bag today.. only need to add toiletaries now..

how you doing girls?
Chelsea - i am assuming baby girl must be keeping you all busy?

Yes, good busy! We had her 2 week appointment today and they like to see baby's weight back up to their birth weight by now. But she weighed in at 7 lbs. 0.5 oz!! Almost a pound more! And she grew 1 1/2 inches! :happydance: We are doing good! But they had to do more blood work at this appointment and I hate that! She cried & cried... like bawling. Makes me cry every time like a crazy woman!! So she's been a little bit fussy today, I think her poor little feet are sore from being pricked so much.

Anyways Nids, 1 more week til term!! Glad you have your hospital bag ready, cause it could be any day now. :winkwink:

awww poor little thing.. but great news about weight gain.. :happydance:

and yes i am all ready with hospital bag and getting car seat fitted today..
technically i have 4 weeks but everyone telling me its anyday now and it scares the sh*t out of me...

Try not to be scared. It's really not so bad. Plus, once they put your baby on you, you will seriously forget about all the pain.. Just remember that.

yeah i was reading some notes that hospital gave to me last night about pain relief plus with my dr. appointment coming in 2 days i think i will doscuss with her about my birth plan..
i am going for epidural.. i have made up my mind.. and i want her to know before hand that i am all up for it.

oh and yes did you had test for Group B strep done at your 36 weeks appointment?

Yes, I had that done at 36 wks... it was negative so I didn't need any antibiotics. From what I've heard its not big deal if you do have it though, they'll just give you medicine while your in labor. I think an epidural is a very good idea. :) I was able to enjoy the experience once I got mine.

Hey all sorry I Have been super busy... I wouldn't even know what to pack for my hospital bag, not going to worry about it till I am 37 weeks.

I would cry to bobo, I think a lot of parents do for stuff like that. Its normal.

I got some more maternity clothes for summer and spring which is great cause I Have been living in one pair of pants. Now I am all set for vacation and got a cute dress for the shower on saturday. 27 freaking weeks tomorrow! I am having a hard day today, having lots of back pain and starting to waddle from it. ALso had my first true FAT day, nearly ended up in tears at the shopping centre. Came hold and warned the DH not to call me fat at all tonight if he valued his life. Oh and also almost got rear ended today, lady behind me was smart and pulled to the side so she missed me but the chick behind her hit her.

oh i thought it can be bad for the baby.. its not a big deal so i wont lose my sleep over it :)
1 more day at work and then i ofiicially start my mat leave :happydance:

Woohoo for new clothes. I remember the fat days well, Kelly. In fact, I'm feeling them right now! I still have 8 -10 pounds to lose until my normal weight, but my stomach feels so weird & squishy now. Its depressing! My DH has to remind me I just gave birth. :dohh: Don't worry, there is more good pregnancy days then bad days. Is your back pain way down lower back pain??

oh i thought it can be bad for the baby.. its not a big deal so i wont lose my sleep over it :)
1 more day at work and then i ofiicially start my mat leave :happydance:

What the nurses told me at the hospital was that it doesn't even pass through the placenta cause it just goes into your spine. So they said it wouldn't negatively affect her. I think the negatives can be that you may not be able to feel when to push or sometimes it doesn't work well for some people.

Yeah its lumbar and tail bone back pain. Sucks! My hips are aching to.

The main reason why I am trying without epi now is cause the chances of needing an assisted birth are quite a bit higher, so vacuum or forceps etc. They can't garuntee how strong it will be either so you might not get a low dose it all depends on where it gets placed. I still have on my file though may want epi, I am not going to be unrealistic if it hurts like hell I'm gonna want one.

oh the fat days... not that i was skinny at any point of time my whole life but i was ok with my curvy body and these days i look like a giant whale and waddle like a penguin..:cry:

according to my BMI the ideal weight i shdould have gained with pregnancy is between 11-13kg and i have gained 11.8kg which i knw is OK still hate to see myself in mirror these days.

I always got that back pain when I was overdoing it. So maybe you need to have a lazy day and relax, Kelly!

Oh and that is true about assisted delivery, my Dr. had out the vacuum to help get her out if I didn't have her out within a few more contractions. That actually gave me more motivation though, cause I did not want him to use it and thankfully I was able to get her out on my own.

Chelsea - how long it took you to be able to walk after u gave birth?they say with epi u lose the sensation in legs?.

P.S. Allison- I hope your doing okay, I heard Kentucky is having crazy weather of floods right now. Hopefully not in your neck of the woods.

Chelsea - how long it took you to be able to walk after u gave birth?they say with epi u lose the sensation in legs?.

Yeah, my legs were all tingly but I was still able to move them like when I wanted to lay on a different side. It didn't really bother me. But I didn't try walking for a few hours, I didn't really think about it because I just held the baby for a few hours and then when they moved me up to the mother baby unit they wheel chaired me up. But I was able to get in the wheel chair just fine, I think the wheelchair was mainly because I just pushed a human through my vaajayjay and that was sore! Once I had the baby they turned off the epidural and it seems like it wore off pretty soon.

Nids you should post a bumpy pic! A full term one! thats a good weight gain! Very normal and healthy! I hope i am about there or lower when I am as far along as you! It's my goal to stay under 30 pounds so about 13.5 kgs. I am up about 12 pounds right now.

I didn't do much today bobo, but I did have a heavy book bag and I think thats what made it worse, like 20 pounds of books on my back!

P.S. Allison- I hope your doing okay, I heard Kentucky is having crazy weather of floods right now. Hopefully not in your neck of the woods.

Allison - what you doingg for your wedding anniversary?

My goal was not to gain more then 30 lbs as well, and I ended up gaining 28 lbs., so close! Kelly 12 lbs is really good for how far along you are. I doubt you'll gain more then 30 for sure.

And yes, agreed! Nids, bump picture time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->