Some sleep advice please

kalou1972

Mummy to Miller & TTC #2
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Sorry ive not done much posting lately.....guess i must have a perfect behaving DS !! ( ha ha ha .....AS IF !!!)

So ...just need some advice with Millers sleep patterns.

Hes now nearly 15month....hes dropped down to only one nap a day ( Its been like this for about a month now ). He usually sleeps from around 1030 -1230 ....but more often than not this time coincides with a car journey ( my own fault......he drops a sleep straight away when tired in the car..... if we dont he either wouldnt fall asleep but just be EXTREMELY mardy......or perhaps eventually sleep after a cuddle but only last 30mins or so.

So my first question is .....how do I encourage sleep without the car

Second question....should his sleep not be until later in the day rather than morning??

OOh...final question....all of a sudden ...whereas when he was tired usually around 8pm i could take him to bed with a bottle and hed fall straight to sleep......he is now.....having a bit of his bottle.....ushing my hand away ....sits up and starts chatting to me !!....we then bring him back down stairs and he proceeds to play for about another hour and then falls asleep down here !!!.......Ive heard this could be linked to him now walking???....as in he wants to push his independance???

Any advice would be great!!

OOOoops.....looks like ive made up for lack of posts !!! xxxxxxxxxxx

My DD was the same way. Just give him a day or two of "showing" you when he is tired and adjust your schedule to it (if possible). Once you are both on a routine, stay consistent. It's normal for kids to change their routine without warning. Good Luck!

My DD was the same way. Just give him a day or two of "showing" you when he is tired and adjust your schedule to it (if possible). Once you are both on a routine, stay consistent. It's normal for kids to change their routine without warning. Good Luck!

Thanks for the reply chic......what do you think i should do re his sleeping in the car habit??...he struggles to falk asleep during the day without it !!??

You know, I think there are just gonna be times when we have to "flex our muscles." When my DD was about 18 months or so, we started a power struggle. With her being my very first, I panicked because I didnt know how to be in charge. I also remember feeling very rushed (does that make sense?). Like I only had a day to teach her everything I could as her mom. I had to relax.

My advise would be RELAX, and give him a day or two (without sleeping in the car) to wear himself out. If you mentally prepare for a power struggle, you will find it won't be so bad. Hell, there might not even be a fight. This could all be him changing on you, it's gonna happen. Give him the opportunity to fight going to sleep any other way... I guarantee he will get tired and sleep at some point. I promise you will not have to drive him around as a teenager so he will go to sleep. LOL

This too shall pass. Just sit back and relax, allow him to have a rough couple days while you observe any new patterns you can find. Then change your schedule.

Can i bump this please ladies?? would like some other views??xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->