• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sooo Tired

NicoleLJ

Mom to 6 beautiful Kids
Reaction score
Just found out we are expecting. We are 5 weeks along. I just turned 35 in March and my DH is 41(will be 42 in the next couple of weeks). We had been trying and gave up last fall. But we didn't do anything to stop it either. We thought it wouldn't happen. We have had a few misscarriages already last year and I worried that my weight played a factor(235). Then this week on Tuesday night I was having sever contractions for 3 hours. DH timed them. They were 2 minutes apart and lasted 90 seconds. Talk about freaked out. My cycle was not due to start till the weekend. And these were strong too. We were able to get them stopped and then took a test and found out we are expecting. :happydance: We see the doctor on Monday morning. Until them I am taking it easy so as not to cause any more issues.

Either way we are very excited and praying that this one is strong and sticks. I do have morning sickness now and have been exhausted by the middle of the afternoon every day to the point of having to have a nap. My back has been sore too. Other then that we are doing ok. Thought I should introduce myself in here now.

Hi Hun and welcome .sorry to hear about your mc's,:hugs::hugs:And congrats on your bfp:happydance::happydance:am 44 have had 9 mc's and am 5 weeks pregnant ,am also a mother of four,:kiss:The first several weeks are always exhausting and u really need to rest up and take it easy ,hope u can stay on here and update us,the forum is full of lovely ,well informed sensitive ladies that u will grow to love like I have ,:hugs::hugs::hugs:Good luck Hun,xxxxxx

Thanks so much. I see the doctor tomorrow morning. We are excited to see what he says. For now though I am taking it easy so as to lessen the chance of a MC. No lifting anything heavy, no huge workouts with the dogs and sleeping when I am tired(this is the hardest one for me because I hate sleeping during the day).

CONGRATULATIONS :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Lovely to meet you- I am really tired too - it is my main symptom in fact!

Thanks so much. I see the doctor tomorrow morning. We are excited to see what he says. For now though I am taking it easy so as to lessen the chance of a MC. No lifting anything heavy, no huge workouts with the dogs and sleeping when I am tired(this is the hardest one for me because I hate sleeping during the day).

Well good luck for tomorrow Hun,can't wait to hear how it goes,take it easy,I am also doing nothing ,no pushing trolleys,no carrying,no hoovering,no walking up hills,no coffee,no cleaning floors ,also drinking loads of water and resting up wen I am tired,:hugs::hugs::hugs:

congratulations and welcome, fingers crossed for you xx

Hello! :hi:

I was tired right at the start but it's gone now. Hope it eases up soon but in the meantime, take whatever rest you need.

Thank you all so much for the welcome. For me the exhaustion hit like a ton of bricks. Esspecially since we were not expecting to get pregnant. Take the past two days for example. Friday was payday. I plan for it several days in advance because I do couponing(in todays economy any way that you can save money is a good thing). We hit 6 different stores when we go out shopping in one day. We went yesterday and after 3 stores I was totally beat. I couldn't go to the others. So we went and finished the shopping today and agian after only 3 stores I am beat agian. Just means for the next little while I have to plan things better and over a longer period of time. Congrats to you all as well that got your BFP

Congratulatons and welcome - I too am shattered - all I seem to do is sleep when I'm at home and want to sleep when I'm at work! I'm hoping it eases up soon!

I want to sleep at work too!

MS at work this AM really didn't help either- now I feel so bloated I have had to undo my trousers! I just want to go home and sleep

I want to sleep at work too!

MS at work this AM really didn't help either- now I feel so bloated I have had to undo my trousers! I just want to go home and sleep

I was sick before I came to work - apparently brushing my teeth can make me sick now! Oh and I'm wearing maternity trousers today - lovely - but they are sooooo comfy :) :hugs:

Saw the doctor. He confirmed the pregnancy test results. Also said I have a UTI though I am showing no symptoms. So they are sending what they have away to do a culture. He is not wanting to give me unnessasary meds. I should know the results by Thursday. I told him about the 3 hours of contractions on Tuesday and that other then normal pregnancy symptoms since then there have been no issues. He let me know that if I misscarrieged now there really won't be much they could do, which I already knew. But since there is no bleeding and no more contractions and the pregnancy symptoms are strong then he said to relax and not worry about it. He does want me to take it easy though. So other then that all is going really well. Hardly slept last night though so I am really tired today and very sick to my stomach.

Congratulations and fingers crossed for a lovely sticky little bean. x x

The tiredness is a killer isn't it - from week 5 to week 9 I even fell asleep at work a few times. I too had bad cramps for about a week from week 5 to 6 - I was so sure I was MC - my doc said it is normal to cramp in early pregnancy.

The good news is - by week 14 (I know it seems a while away but oh boy will it pass quickly) you suddenly lose the morning sickness and you get a load of energy from somewhere and feel fabulous. I am just over 27 weeks now and apart from heartburn and the odd hip pain I still feel fine and dandy.

Hope you're feeling better soon. x x

hang in there nicole! with my first, i had a lot of bleeding at 7 and 9 weeks but, all was fine (except for my nerves!) also feeling tired but not too bad. lower back pain is pretty ouchy (only when i lay down)! i have to say though, i am feeling riduciously pregnant for only 5 weeks! i feel about 9! i have a scan in 3weeks. feels a milliion miles away!! here's to us all keeping our feet up and getting someone else to hoover for a change!!

lol No one to do the hoovering for me here. So I did it myself today. I have a German Shepherd(white) and a 6 month old lab cross. Both shed a lot. So vaccuming every 2 days is a must. I am still very tired. This being my 4th I would think I would be used to it and all. Up almost every hour at night to potty. Can't wait till I get a break from that. Morning sickness sucks. Mornings are not too bad. When I wake up I have a fruit smoothie with my prenatal pill. So for about 2-3 hours I will be fine and then the queasiness hits. ugg. And it is up and down from there for the rest of the day till late evening when it disappears.

To take my mind off it I have been slowly clearing out the room we are using as the nursery. We have already got several things we need(had them in storage) and now have them set up. Like a basket of baby toys in the living room and also the baby swing. I know that the baby is 8 months away at least but in that time I have got to train the pup on how to behave around these things and around the baby when it is born. I train my dogs on not only how to behave but also be useful. For example they are trained to bring me the baby bag if I am in another room and need to change the baby. They also will alert to the baby crying which is very handy because monitors do not always work where as a dogs ears are always working. THings like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Morris98
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->