sore fanny

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by magicbubble, Jun 3, 2011.

1. magicbubble

magicbubble Well-Known Member

not my bits exactly but more my front fanny - like the bit where you would shave, just below the bikini line. it really stings but its not red or anything. i dont know if its from my clothes rubbing or what but ooo it dont half smart! ouch!

does anyone else have this?

2. CandyApple19

CandyApple19 Pregnant with #3, PAL.

have you shaved? if ot it could just be the hair pulling on your clothes, i find myself MORE uncomfortable if i let it grow than to just get rid of it, it really aches and stings when i have hair there, the 'razor rash' i get is nothing compared, its like my armpits, if they get hairy they ache like mad!? so i go mental and shave everywhere LOL.x

3. sailing_girl

sailing_girl Wife and mummy!

I've had the same problem....it originated (I think) from my hair being too long and then when I shaved, I got an awful bout of razor burn! Not fun!!! I think it's also from the heat and carrying more weight (obviously legs are going to get bigger too) so things are maybe rubbing together more than usual. Anyway, I've found that putting some vaseline on it really helps....it seems to lubricate the area and prevent any other rubbing. Not fun!

4. DarlingMe

DarlingMe Well-Known Member

I felt like I had this too! Mine was a little lower, in between things, but still in the hairline. I asked my OB a couple appointments ago, he said it looked really irratated and was surprised I didnt call sooner! I tried the vaseline (helped a little) and the vagasil anti itch cream (helped a little) but neither made it go away. OB gave me a steroid cream that has a little bit of an antifungal (regular steroid creams in that area can cause a yeast infection). He said it is just a dermatitis/skin irriation due to increased blood flow and skin sensitivity. The prescription cream has made it go away, but if I stop using it for a couple days it comes back.

Like sailing girl said try some otc creams. if not ask your midwife at your next appt! I have heard they recommend no dye cotton underwear during pregnancy but I havent tried it! I like my colored underwear!

5. magicbubble

magicbubble Well-Known Member

thanks girls. i will try these. it burns horribley some days. not nice

6. baby030611

baby030611 Rylan Jack 07.06.11

I have this! For like 4 weeks now and used sudacrem which helped the itching and steroid cream which I had and it weren't getting better so went to docs and isn't getting better because I've left it too long and is now infected :(

So I'm due in a week .. Being induced a week on mon and on antibiotics and not allowed to shave until it's gone... Am gonna look gorgeous in labour!! Haha

7. kaz29

kaz29 Well-Known Member

sorry lol @ the word Fanny (i am such a child), i just think its such a funny word. When i was little i used to call it my Mary ??? or front bum.

U may have thrush hun if its burns and stings, dont know if u can put cream on it if u pregnant. Ask your doc or chemist, hope u feel better soon