Soy Cycle Buddies 2019 <3 1BFP on second soy cycle 2 BFPs Non-soy cycle

Ah yay a Sagittarian!!! I’m on 23 November we’re just a week apart :)

We don’t really celebrate St Patrick’s day in SA but It would be great nonetheless! :D

So tonight will be second day of soy cd3. Can’t believe how quick the days are going soon it will be time to dtd. Will be starting cd8 next Tuesday and following smep. Going to also use my soft cup to keep everything in and it will help when dtd becomes too much.

How are your ov tests going? What cd are you at technical now? I know your doc said he will place you at cd3 next Monday. It’s so confusing as I’ve also read stories about clomid and missing AF / light AF. I just have a really good feeling this month! And dh and I chatted this morning and he is so onboard with ttc unlike last time, makes me feel like I’m not alone in this madness anymore lol.

Wow! CD3 already for you?! That's so awesome! Having the hubbies on board with the plan seems to make it so much easier and less stressful too! What day do you normally O? I am so excited for you and yes it totally seems like yours is going quickly! My current cycle is a total flop, CM is so strange right now, sometimes during the day it is stringy and egg white like while other parts of the day it is just clear and sticky. Ugh! Also, my OKP read last night was fainter than the two previous days. Makes me think it is just not happening on my own. But yes, Monday is the start of my CD3, so Saturday will be CD1. I am so anxious to get started! I also am confused with the whole starting off a period, but I have read several success stories so I know it can work! Just need to make my ovaries work!

Aaah! Time is flying yay! Hopefully it flies just as quick in the tww lol!

I normally ovulate around cd14 soy made me ovulate cd12 this last cycle do interesting to see when I will ovulate this cycle. I only have 3 OPKs left so will have to cut it slim and start testing in cd10-cd12 :doh:

Going to try dtd every day from cd10 and then twice a day once I (hopefully) catch my surge.

Can’t beleive it’s just two more days til you start clomid! Eek!! That will make you just 5 days behind me. I’m so excited to see when you will ovulate! Today will be day 3 of soy so just this weekend to go and I will be waiting to dtd lol. I’ve heard both soy and clomid can dry up cm. I’m taking the omega 3 and going to start grape fruit juice from cd8.

Where are you in the world btw?

Yay! I am so jealous that you are already so far ahead! So excited for you!! Do you and your SO get tired of all the Bd'ing? LOL We were exhausted this last time! I told him I would be some new lingerie this time to make it more fun! Haha. And also, you're a mother already, can we agree on how difficult it is to find the time to BD?! I have kids knocking on the door half the time! :lol: I'm curious when you will ovulate this time too. Wonder if it will be a little later than before since you started a couple days late. Are you feeling any symptoms from the soy? I dont rememberthe clomid drying me up but I vaguely remember taking musinex to help during ovulation and I am pretty sure the hubby and I used preseed once or twice too. It's so hard remembering what we've done these past 7 months, let alone 6 1/2 years ago lol. Does the omega 3 and grapefruit juice help with that too?!

I purchased an OPK kit off amazon last week that has 50 opk tests and 20 pregnancy tests for $7.00! Can you order from Amazon in South Africa? If so, you should order them!! :)

I am from the US :) I live in Illinois.

I am so excited that our cycles will be close together again! I am praying so much that this is our month! <3

I have everything crossed for us that this will be our month! November babies all the way!! :hugs:

You are spot on with bd being difficult with kids around Gosh... it’s hard enough getting it in everyday let alone every other day! Lol. That’s why I get dh to do the deed into a soft cup and I insert it in the days we really can’t manage so at least we still get the spermies where they need to be haha

I’m also curious as to when I will ovulate. On my very first cycle of soy I also ovulated cd12 which was unsuccessful and my second round I ovulated on cd14. I usually get my surge on cd12 funny enough so I may very well ovulate later this cycle! I feel the slightly later I ovulate the stronger the ovulation.. but who knows!

The omega3 and grapefruit juice really helped the last time with the ewcm as I felt the soy dries me up a bit. But also im using a different brand to when I conceived my ds. So hoping this brand isn’t the problem- no side effects as yet and I took it a bit earlier tonight. If this month is unsuccessful I may try one more round of soy next month with the brand I used to conceive ds.

I’m not sure if amazon delivers to SA but I’m definitely going to check it out! That roughly is 50 tests for R95 which is really cheap! Just wonder about delivery. If this cycle is a bust definitely gonna try ordering them for Next month.

Time just seems to be flying. I can’t beleive it’s only two days still until you’re on your clomid. I hope it makes you ovulate soon! And with a 200mg dose anything is possible! I miscalculated my soy tablets so I’m going to end up taking 200,180,180,180,180. Lol. That’s translates to roughly in clomid comparison to 100,90,90,90,90. Here’s hoping!

I have never used a soft cup!! Believe it or not! I am really interested in it though but I am afraid of it getting stuck lol! Are they pretty easy to use? Also, I was trying to research a bit with their success and it seems like they are very popular for TTC now! So the sperm actually can survive in them? I love the idea of it all! And now that you said you have your DH dtd into the cup, I bet that would definitely save some time if we are busy with the kiddos!

So you are doing 100, and 90 each of the following days, what dosage did you use your first successful time?

I think I might try the omega 3 and grapejuice too. I am not a fan of grapejuice but, it's a only a short amount of time to drink it. Which days do you take the two? I think you may have mentioned before but I cant remember! :)

I'm so excited! I picked up my meds this morning, so it's getting real! This past week felt like such a quiet one of doing nothing. I'm not used to that anymore. I've literally gone from one cycle to the next. I can't believe how hormonal I have been lately too! I think the last HCG trigger shot I got really messed with my hormones. I have been so moody and emotional the last two weeks!

So hubs and I decided we are going to request off work the day of my ultrasound. If we are able to trigger then we will be able to spend the day at home together with no interruptions. Our first successful round of clomid 6 years ago we dtd just four hours after receiving the trigger shot, and I am almost 100% positive that's when we conceived baby #1. We dtd once each day after that for three days, but it makes me think we just missed our O window this last time and times it too late. We didn't DTD until 12-14 hours after I received the shot. So going to try it closer to the shot this time around and if it doesn't work we will make a new plan for the next round.

BUT I am still super hopeful that this round is it for both of us!! <3 I feel it!! And yes to November babies!! <3

I have never used a soft cup!! Believe it or not! I am really interested in it though but I am afraid of it getting stuck lol! Are they pretty easy to use? Also, I was trying to research a bit with their success and it seems like they are very popular for TTC now! So the sperm actually can survive in them? I love the idea of it all! And now that you said you have your DH dtd into the cup, I bet that would definitely save some time if we are busy with the kiddos!

So you are doing 100, and 90 each of the following days, what dosage did you use your first successful time?

I think I might try the omega 3 and grapejuice too. I am not a fan of grapejuice but, it's a only a short amount of time to drink it. Which days do you take the two? I think you may have mentioned before but I cant remember! :)

I'm so excited! I picked up my meds this morning, so it's getting real! This past week felt like such a quiet one of doing nothing. I'm not used to that anymore. I've literally gone from one cycle to the next. I can't believe how hormonal I have been lately too! I think the last HCG trigger shot I got really messed with my hormones. I have been so moody and emotional the last two weeks!

So hubs and I decided we are going to request off work the day of my ultrasound. If we are able to trigger then we will be able to spend the day at home together with no interruptions. Our first successful round of clomid 6 years ago we dtd just four hours after receiving the trigger shot, and I am almost 100% positive that's when we conceived baby #1. We dtd once each day after that for three days, but it makes me think we just missed our O window this last time and times it too late. We didn't DTD until 12-14 hours after I received the shot. So going to try it closer to the shot this time around and if it doesn't work we will make a new plan for the next round.

BUT I am still super hopeful that this round is it for both of us!! <3 I feel it!! And yes to November babies!! <3

Haha I was also afraid of it getting stuck at first, but once you get the hang of it it’s quite simple to use and effective! I had to order mine today so hopefully it will be here by Tuesday/Wednesday. A lot of ppl have had success with soft cups, and coupled with all the other possible successful stuff this cycle it’s definitely a winning combo :D the spermies are completely safe in the cup too! And it definitely saves a heck load of time if you’re too tired or sore to bd.

Yep today was cd6 so my last day of soy yay! Have done 200,180,180,180,180 so that is supposedly the equivalent of 100,90,90,90,90 of clomid. My bfp cycle I used 160,160,200,200,200 which is what I used last cycle. I’m all out of soy now. I also used a different brand to my bfp cycle so if it doesn’t work this cycle I’m going to maybe try one more on the old brand I used.

Oooh I hate grapefruit juice too lol. But I will start with a glass a day from cd8 together with my onega3 that I’m taking everyday.

I can’t beleive it’s almost Monday and you’re on to clomid eek!! The excitement is real! I am also so hormonal I think it’s all this ttc business it really gets the hormones going! I think that’s a great idea taking a day off work to catch that egg woo hoo! Timing is everything. Once I get a positive ovulation test I am going to try to get in bd at least twice a day until a day after ovulation. The more sperm the better right? I also did the same on the cycle I conceived so gonna do that again.

Still feeling so positive this cycle! November babies all the way :flower:

The soft cup definitely sounds so much easier to hold the spermies in, definitely sounds better than propping ourselves with our bottom half in the air. LOL!! Are there tutorials on how to use them? I fear I will get it stuck the first time haha.

With your soy, do you have to have it prescribed by your OB or are you able to order it yourself? I'm crossing my fingers for you that you won't have to order anymore and that this will be it for you! :)

I am going to grab some grapefruit juice and omega 3 tomorrow and start taking. Can't hurt anything! Ive also been under the weather this weekend and thought i might just go ahead and add musinex to the mix. I'm so ready to start taking it tomorrow! Hopefully no major side effects will be included since I am starting it at such a high dosage. I totally get the hormonal thing and I feel like these meds really bring them out! Just got to keep telling ourselves that they're a good thing lol

I cant believe you are already finished with your soy! Now is the waiting game for the big O and then soon enough you'll be back in the two week wait! Woohoo!!\\:D/

The soft cup definitely sounds so much easier to hold the spermies in, definitely sounds better than propping ourselves with our bottom half in the air. LOL!! Are there tutorials on how to use them? I fear I will get it stuck the first time haha.

With your soy, do you have to have it prescribed by your OB or are you able to order it yourself? I'm crossing my fingers for you that you won't have to order anymore and that this will be it for you! :)

I am going to grab some grapefruit juice and omega 3 tomorrow and start taking. Can't hurt anything! Ive also been under the weather this weekend and thought i might just go ahead and add musinex to the mix. I'm so ready to start taking it tomorrow! Hopefully no major side effects will be included since I am starting it at such a high dosage. I totally get the hormonal thing and I feel like these meds really bring them out! Just got to keep telling ourselves that they're a good thing lol

I cant believe you are already finished with your soy! Now is the waiting game for the big O and then soon enough you'll be back in the two week wait! Woohoo!!\\:D/

There are instructions on how to insert it, but it’s tricky because you have to squish the cup together first to sort of make a figure 8, and then insert it similarly to a tampon. I actually haven’t used the thing in years! lol I hope I can do it again. Once it’s in correctly it’s really comfortable you don’t notice it’s there, and when you need to remove it you’ve got to just hook a finger in it and pull it out. It’s easy enough to remove its trickier inserting it in correctly!

No the soy isn’t prescribed, it’s a regular supplement you can get at your health store or I think even supermarkets in the USA. It’s like how you would take omega 3 except the dosage instructions and the wAy it’s taken is similar to clomid.

I’m going out to get my grapefruit juice this afternoon it’s the freshly squeezed 100% type, I can’t stand the stuff it’s horrible lol. But will have to chug it down for the sake of ewcm!

Will u be taking your clomid at bedtime? I find I don’t have as many side effects when I take it in the evening, but the soy has brought on bouts of nausea and headaches during the day for me still. It doesn’t last very long though.

Lol I still only have 3 ovulation sticks left so I will only start testing once a day from cd10 as I usually get a positive by cd12. If not I’ll just have to wing it and rely on cp and temps.

Hey girl! I started our treatment this morning :) I am taking everything in the morning because I am also on dexamethasone during this cycle which is a steroid and it likes to keep me awake at night. So I take it first thing in the morning. It is supposed to block any chemicals messing with my hormones to help me ovulate. OB says the clomid and it together will help stimulate ovulate. The Clomid comes in 50mg pills so I had to take four of them this morning, was super weird! Felt like an old lady taking her medication this am lol. I am still feeling under the weather which kind of took away the excitement of starting my treatment today. Going to get grapefruit juice and musinex over lunch today. Hoping the musinex helps with both getting rid of this cold and producing ewcm, and I am going to look for soft cups and try one out before I O. lol I can't wait to see my hubby's first reaction when I show it to him and what it does! :lol:

Did you check out Amazon to see if they deliver to you?! I thought they were world wide. I still swear by the natural charting with checking the cp and cm!! It is the only thing that I have found to be very helpful. Since I don't O on my own, the temping never really worked, but everyone swears by it too. How are you feeling so far? I do not remember the side effects of the clomid, but I hope to feel something from it to know it's working. :)

So you are now on CD10, correct? We are 5 days apart in our cycles? you should be ovulating so soon!

Ah... I hate taking pills! My soy comes in 20mg per tablet so I had to chuck 9-10 pills a day plus all my other supps bleh. It’s great that you’ve already started and it’s already day 2 of clomid for you \\:D/ so you’re only 4 days behind as I am on cd8 today! We’re so close! I hope we don’t ovulate to far apart, so we can be tww buddies too lol.

That’s such a good idea to try out the soft cup before ov! That way you can figure it out before trying to use it, takes the hassle out the whole thing, awesome! :dance: Haha please share your hubbys reaction!!

Amazon does deliver here but it takes about two weeks so it will be too late by then.

The only side effects I’ve experienced have been nausea and headaches for a couple of hours a day but otherwise fine. A lot of ladies swear by cp and cm, I use that as supplementary info for ovulation as temping is the one sure thing that works for me :haha: I also feel myself ovulate when I’m on soy and together with OPKs and the rest of it I’m very sure of when I ovulate. I also have a 12 day luteal phase which is bang on (except when I’m messing around with things like soy lol as it added an extra day for me) so my cycles are very regular and predictable.

Cd8 today so will start smep from tonight! Started my grapefruit juice last night. Will have two glasses a day from now until ov together with my omega 3 so hopefully I get more ewcm. Noticed only a very tiny bit yesterday. May have to drink the whole bottle of grapefruit juice otherwise! Lol

This is such an exciting cycle! I won’t even be bummed if I don’t catch the egg this cycle lol. It would still be great though, I still want my November baba!!!

9-10 pills, oh my goodness!! :shock: Wow! I thought 5 pills a day was a lot lol

We are super close together this time! I go in for my ultrasound on the 26th, so next Tuesday. If I have any mature follicles, they will give me an HCG trigger shot to make me ovulate. I will ovulate within 12-48 hours afterward, so that will put me ovulating around day 11-13. Are you thinking this weekend will be your big O?!

That sucks that Amazon takes 2 weeks to deliver! ugh!

Great to hear you're not having too bad of side effects from the soy. I haven't had any yet, but the dexamethasone kept me up all night last night, only slept for about 2-3 hours. I didn't get to stop at the grocery store yesterday, so I am hoping to go today and if they have mucinex, I am going to look for the evening/pm kind so maybe it will help me sleep. I have been taking benadryl before bed while on the dexamethasone, but it's an allergy medicine, so I am afraid it could dry up my cm.

I am seriously so jealous that you have a regulated cycle like you do! That is so awesome! Definitely makes the whole O process easier for you!!

So you started drinking your grapefruit juice? LOL!! Do you have to hold your nose to chug it? Getting mine today! I will probably start drinking it this weekend. :lol:
I can't believe you are on CD 8!

What day will you test this cycle? I think because I tested too early and got three faint positives, I am going to wait until after I should start my cycle. I was way too obsessive with pregnancy tests last cycle!

Hope you have a great day doll! We are moving right along! \\:D/

I am def thinking it may be around Saturday-Tuesday that I may ovulate! This cycle seems a bit weird especially with how it started. Also had a slight bit of spotting after bd last night. Ewcm still hasn’t made its appearance properly either. Going to continue with the grapefruit and omega 3 and add some green tea to the mix, it can’t hurt! So we may very well Ovulate close together this cycle too!! That’s so awesome :hugs:

It’s nice having a normal cycle but makes it harder to understand why it takes so long to ttc sometimes. It took us almost a year and a half with our first and I only conceived after my second round of soy. I temped the majority of those months so I am pretty sure I ovulated and still he regular cycles. How long did it take to conceive your babas? They are sooo adorable :twinboys: love the idea of two boys and that special bond of brotherhood!

The grapefruit juice isn’t half bad lol I wouldn’t drink it out if choice though!

Gosh I might test on 8dpo because I have no self control :dohh: but only if I get some sensitive 10/15 miu tests or I may wait until 9/10. Lol but who am I kidding!!

Hope you’re feeling better hun and the meds are working :flower:

So exciting we should ovulate around the same time!! I bet the ewcm is right around the corner for you, bet it will start today or tomorrow! The spotting could honestly just be from bd'ing.

I bet it can be frustrating knowing your cycles are working but the O isn't doing the job :/

I am on my 3rd day of Clomid. Yesterday afternoon I swear I could feel it working in my ovaries and uterus, it was weird! Slight cramping from it, but other than that I feel pretty good with it, beside this cold I just cant get rid of! Ugh! Yesterday was feeling pretty good like it was going away and then this morning it was like Monday all over again. ](*,)

Slept better last night. Usually crash on the 2nd night of the dex because I am so exhausted from not sleeping the night before.

And I totally think you should start testing early! Why not! I cannot because of the HCG, otherwise I probably would! lol
I felt like I was buying tests off the shelves left and right last cycle. I plan to buy 1 3 pack this time, and when they're gone, they're gone, but I also have 18/19 internet cheapies too so we will see! I just don't want to get my hopes up like I did earlier this month!

I am going to start the grapefruit juice and musinex on Friday so I will salute a cheers to you on my first drink! HAHA!

Have a great rest of your day hun!! :)

Hey hun :hi:

You were right yesterday was cd10 and I noticed tiny amounts of ewcm throughout the day, neg opk but ov is def getting closer! Today will be your last day of clomid right? Can you even beleive it?! Hope you’ve been managing to get some sleep!

You are so right about testing, I hate getting obsessive over ‘faint lines’ and squinters, but I guess it’s all part of the fun ttc right? Having something to obsess over and make the tww go a little quicker. I’ve ordered 30 internet cheapies that have a 15mui sensitivity and it only cost about R5 each which is about 30c in the USA. So it will stop me from buying expensive tests and I will only buy one if I need to confirm a promising line on the IC.

How is the grapefruit juice and musinex going? I’ve added rooibos and buchu tea to the mix today and started noticing a change in cm. Got to dtd last night to so still on schedule with smep!

Hope you’ve recovered from your cold now! :flower:

Hey girl!

So this week has been awful. Pretty sure my cold has turned into a sinus infection, but on top of that, my husband and two boys had the stomach flu over the last two days, so I had to make myself feel better enough to take care of all of them. The youngest is home again with hubby, so now I am just praying that I don't catch it on top of whatever else I have going on! Ugh! I took my last clomid dose this morning before work, it has not given me any negative side effects at all, so that is a blessing. I definitely feel like it is working. I just noticed this morning more ewcm, so that's super good! And I had a feeling yours would come on soon too! I can't believe you are already on CD10! How fast is this round going?! Started taking the mucinex yesterday since I wasn't feeling great, surprisingly, I think it helped with some of the mucus buildup I have from this cold, so I took it again today, and am hoping it continues to help with the ewcm! Haven't drank any grapefruit juice yet, lol! I was planning to start it today but I still need to pick it up from the grocery store! Nothing like procrastinating here, right? :lol:

What are rooibos?! Never heard of them! So happy your cycle is going well! Staying very optimistic for both of us!! <3

Oh my gosh... super mum to the rescue. Total mom life hey! Hope everyone is feeling much better. From yesterday I’ve had a horrible sore throat and that heavy feeling in my eyes. Thought I was coming down with a cold but nothing Ahmad progressed and it’s still the same today. On the plus side From yesterday I started feeling some twinges in my uterus and ovaries so def gearing up to ovulate! Cd12 today and got a lot of ewcm this morning and cervix is high and softish. So happy about the ewcm as it was so scarce last month. My libido also seems up today so it will make it easier to dtd later hehe.

Can’t beleive you’re done with your clomid!!! Hope those follicles are nice and big on Tuesday and you get your hcg shot!!! I def think I’m not going to ovulate today. Haven’t taken an opk yet as it was very negative yesterday so holding off until this evening to test. It’s my last one so I’ve even got to time the opk! Lol. Hoping if I get my positive I can bd tonight, tomorrow morning and evening and again the next morning. If I do t get a positive I’m gonna bd tonight then tomorrow night, the next morning and evening and one more day after just for good measure! I think I would of smep’d the heck out of this cycle by then lol. Dh doesn’t have any fertility issues so I figured why not, the more that cone to the party the better! My chart is actually looking a lot like my bfp chart from 2015.

I am actually sipping my rooibos as I type this lol. It translates to Red Bush, and it’s a tea we harvest here in SA. It’s sweet and delicious, caffeine free and it’s doing wonders for my cm. It’s also very high in antioxidants! Still taking my grapefruit juice have consumed almost 2litres so far! Not sure what’s the imperial conversion of that in gallons or ounces!

Also still taking my onega3 which is also helping I think.

Hope your weekend is going well love, can’t wait to hear how your appointment goes on Tuesday it’s so exciting!!!! :flower:

Just did my last opk this afternoon and it’s positive! Exactly on time cd12! So I should ovulate within the next 24 hours?? I think I am gonna bd tonight and then again tomorrow morning and evening and then once more the next morning lol.

AE1ABA10-4D11-4825-809C-23663450220C.jpeg

Yay!! That's such a great thing to see this morning! Lucky girl! I bet you had a fun weekend!

So sorry I wasn't around all weekend on here, spent the last couple days trying to rest up before the work week. I started drinking my grapefruit juice yesterday and lol it is so gross! I had to chug it! Hubby was sitting there watching me like I was crazy and I told him it's all for the cm!! LOL Grapefruit juice reminds me of juice with hairspray in it! :lol::lol: Going to drink another glass tonight before dinner. My cm is definitely more on the dryer end right now which is making me nervous, but as long as tomorrow's ultrasound looks good, the trigger shot should most definitely help with it. Took my first OPK this round yesterday afternoon and it's darker than last cycle, so I feel like we are close even without the trigger. I've been having some cramping today and it made me so nervous after how short a cycle I had this last time, hopefully it's just my ovaries and uterus working toward ovulation! So you are finally in the two week wait! YAY!! I have my fingers crossed for you that this is your month!! I'm so nervous for tomorrow, but also excited and praying that this is the month! Hopefully we have a good couple mature follicles that will allow us to trigger!

Hope you're day is going well! Still can't believe how fast this cycle is going for us!

Ah hun good luck at your appointment today, thinking of you and praying all goes well :flower:

The grapefruit juice definitely helps! And it’s awesome that your OPKs are getting darker yay!!

Let me know how it goes x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->