Soy Isoflavones??

C

COOKiExx

anyone trying soy isoflavones/thinking about it this cycle? im sure there have been plenty of threads about this but i actually decided to give it a try this cycle. took 115mg cd 3-6 (it's a weird # because of the mg in the brand i got) i only took them four days instead of the suggested 5 because of the side effects i was having. currently on cd10 and so far nothing unusual...

to everyone trying soy out there, sending lots of :dust: and big hopes for some sticky :bfp: 's !!!!

How are u getting on Cookie? I think im going to try it next cycle :) :dust:

I definitely feel different this cycle--

I had sore bbs and lots of cramps this past weekend (cd12-14) i didn't chart/temp/use opk or anything, but im thinking that may have been O. and i also had EWCM for the first time! (maybe partially because I took 2000mg evening primrose oil from when I took soy until this past weekend?)

Today I am cd19 and I've been very very crampy and getting random headaches throughout the day. Whenever I bend down and stand up again I feel a sort of stretching pain right in my lower abdomen/pelvis/hip area...idk what this means and I'm trying not to symptom spot (can't bear getting my hopes up again) so either this is just my body's reaction to the soy or it was just a really good idea!

I think you should give it a try! Do as much research as you can before hand (if you haven't already), I've heard good and bad things but I decided hey might as well try it as not much else seems to work :nope:

That sounds very promising Cookie! :) well af just landed so im going to start cd5. :) have to make a trip to holland and barrett to get some. F'xd for you. please make sure to keep me updated. the sore boobies are a good sign the estrogen is increasing i think :)
:dust:

I am going to start it tonight ladies! I am on CD5 today and I have PCOS. I have a few friends who have PCOS and they are now pregnant!
I also am going on metformin soon, hopefully all of this will help.

Best of luck honestlinzel :) We must be at similar stages in our cycles too lets keep each other updated :) any update cookie? :dust:

i'm trying soy next cycle :) Didn't ov this cycle I don't think, and normally my luteal phase is v short (10 days) so am hoping soy will sort that out for me

Vichy--best of luck to u! Will you do cd5-9 then? How many mg are you going to take?

Honestlinzel--best luck to you as well! How much soy are you taking? Great to hear you know of others having success. I don't have pcos but I have very irregular cycles (and the cause of that is still a mystery) and I don't think I ov on my own. So hoping soy fixed that.

Laurac1988--good luck to you (x3!) Lol:) definitely keep us updated with how it goes. What cd do you think you'll start? Not ovulating is a horrible feeling isn't it ;/ how can you figure out how long your luteal cycle is? I've heard of it but didn't know it could vary!

Oh and to update, today is cd20 and I've still been having lots of cramps. They were mostly this morning. When I woke up I had really weird abdominal pains too, like hunger pains, but I did eat last night so not sure. I also felt like I was going to throw up after I ate a lemon this morning (I'm strange and I eat lemons casually, lol) I was nauseus for all of 5min and then it passed so...who knows!!... Again trying not to symptom spot just take things naturally. If I did O when I think I did then I should be about 5-7 dpo. Will update as anything interesting happens!

luteal phase is the time between when you ovulate and when your period comes :)

Cookie: I am taking 120mg a day for 3 days, then the 4th day I am taking 180.

I will probably do the same thing my next cycle. This is the first time I am keeping track of my cycle and what days AF comes.

Hi Ladies, I am on cd 2 and am planning to start SOY tomorrow for the first time, I will be doing 120mg for cd 3-5 and 160 for 6-7 been TTC for 18 months now and hoping that this will help.

Good luck everyone fx crossed this is a lucky thread and everyone gets a BFP!!!!!

I meant 160 for the last day. :p

clearly I know how to count ;) haha

Question: I want to start the soy iso too. I finish my periods yesterday morning. When should I start? Am I too late to start it? How much do you take? And for how long?

yes it is to late this cycle.

You want to start on day 3 of your cycle and take 120MG from day 3-7.

Sometimes people take 160MG on the last day for an extra push of soy.

Here, this is from another forum:

WHEN should you take soy?
You take Soy Isoflavones, like Clomid, on either CD 1-5, 2-6, 3-7, 4-8 or 5-9.
If you take soy Isoflavones during the later time bracket, for example CD 5-9, you shall strengthen the egg that has already started growing producing a healthier egg. The earlier in your cycle you take It, the higher your chance of releasing multiple eggs but these eggs will not be as mature as the eggs grown from taking Soy later.�
A lot of women will choose the middle cycle (3 -7) allowing time for a strong and healthy egg to develop without erasing the chance of a second egg being developed and released.

1-5 = You produce more eggs, and ovulate sooner, with a stronger ovulation.

2-6 = You produce more eggs than usual, but not as many as taking it 1-5. Eggs may be more mature, and ovulation will be slightly more strong than 1-5.

3-7 = The best of both worlds, a few more eggs, and all eggs will be strong & mature, and ovulation will be a lot stronger than 1-5.

4-8 = No more eggs will be produced, but the ones already there, will be matured alot more than usual, and ovulation will be very strong. Ovulation may only be brought forward a teeny bit.

5-9 = You'll have one very mature strong egg, from the ones you already produced on your own. Ovulation will either happen when it usually does, or a few days later, but your egg will be of great quality.

What DOSAGE should you take?
The dose is really�up to you but you should always use the lowest amount that works for you.
With Clomid the starting dose is 50mg. Soy Isoflavones are said to be half the strength of Clomid, so it makes sense for the starting dose to be 100mg.
The trouble with 100mg of soy is that the capsules tend to come as 40mg. So you have a choice of starting at 80mg or 120mg.

I would recommend that if you know that you do ovulate without taking soy then you should start with 80mg.
And if you know that you don't usually ovulate you can start with 120mg.
Some women change the dose on different days. So they may start at 120mg for the first 3 days then give an extra boost for the last 2 days with 160mg.�

Use the lowest dose possible for yourself. It is said that it takes 3months to get the full benefits of what you are taking. NEVER EXCEED 200mg/day.

Thanks! Maybe I should go now. I'm CD5 today. Ok...I'm jumping in the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->