• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Soy Isoflavones??

I plan on taking soy my next cycle. Right now I'm just waiting for AF to show up. We took a little break this month because I was driving myself crazy with charting. I have some anovulatory cycles and don't want to go for Clomid right away like my doctor is recommending. I was planning to take it on CD3-7 and am either going to do 120mg every day, or 120mg 3-5 and 160mg 6 & 7.

Is it better to up the dose the last day or two? Or should I take the same dose every day?

I wouldn't know Kerr. I took 100mg CD5, then 150mg CD6-9. I didn't increase on last day because it's my first time taking it.
120mg - 160mg sounds good.
I'm seeing my doctor in two weeks, so hopefully she can help me in this month doesn't work out.

Some say that giving a little increase the last day or two is more like how the body naturally increases FSH throughout the cycle. I've always upped it the last two days, I guess just read up and see what you think! Good luck!

I'm just happy to be done taking it :cry:
I had bad headaches and cramps. Another reason I didn't want to increase to 200mg.
If it doesn't work this month I'll just do 150mg and 200mg then. I'm stupid, I bought the pill this month but forgot to check the exp. date, they are exp. this month :dohh:

Yes, some data shows that soy iso's do increase your chances of twins, much like clomid does :)

I would love twins. My mother-in-law is a twin and it skip generation. Plus, I got a reading two years ago and everything she told me happen which is weird. She was very good, she mention that she could see two pregnancies but three kids. I can't wait to see.

I would love twins too, :) My DH worries about our age (33 and 35) and us wanting two kids, so I figure both at once would be great! But hey, not that we wouldn't be elated with however it happens. Lots of the soy iso info that I found was actually from a website for people trying to conceive twins, so I heard a lot about how it can cause (just like clomid) stronger ov, better eggs, and possibly more than one follicle.

Not to add any crazy ideas, but that website talked a lot about people wanting twins and doing soy iso's from CD's 1-5 and then clomid days 5-9. I'd be super hesitant to try it, other info I've seen says they'd cancel each other out, but hey - another year of trying and I might be up for anything!! :)

I would be open to the idea of twins. Twins run in my family and my husband's. My husband is a twin, but the father's side doesn't increase your chances of twins. Only the mother's side does.

Good luck to everyone trying Soy Isoflavones this cycle, I shall be too after AF shows up (currently on CD21 so knowing how irregular I am, I could have up to another 2 weeks left)...

I'll have to make sure my fiance gets the grapefruit juice in, in time!

Planning on taking it on CD 4-9 at 80mg on CD4,5,6,7 and 120mg on CD8 and CD9. I'll also take evening primrose oil at 1,500mg with a large glass of the grapefruit juice from CD8 to CD14 to help with CM.

I am predicting if ovulation does occur, it will be between CD12 and CD21. I'll use my saliva microscope from CD12 to keep an eye on what's going on.

:dust:

What is grapefruit juice supposed to help with?

Fertile cervical mucus. Different for everyone I suppose but I got the best result using both evening primrose and grapefruit juice for this. I don't usually produce any fertile CM at all. I read it can have this effect so I tried it and it worked for me. I got a lot more with the juice and oil together than with just the oil.

I'd never heard of that before. Do you have any side effects with the evening primrose oil?

I'd never heard of that before. Do you have any side effects with the evening primrose oil?

This was a while ago, I can't remember where I read it, it was a similar TTC/ pregnancy forum site but I don't think it was this one. It was back when I was desperate enough to order non-presc clomid online, I know it's a stupid thing to do but I wanted to do a lot of research before I tried it and that was one of the tips I found.

No, no side effects at all for me. I did get some CM with just the EPO but I got about 3 times as much with the juice and I tried it more than once so I am fairly sure it helped. Since I was in hospital etc I've not done anything in the way of trying to induce ovulation as I have been ill (but I still chart) and have gone back to having no fertile CM at all. I could be wrong and it could be coincidence but it really did seem to help me.

I've been thinking of trying the evening primrose oil, but need to do some more reasearch on it. I'm still new to TTC and am trying to figure everything out.

I've been thinking of trying the evening primrose oil, but need to do some more reasearch on it. I'm still new to TTC and am trying to figure everything out.

Oic, well I wish you good luck with it :thumbup: there are loads of different things to try and tips and hints you find in various places like when I found that one.

I try to eat a lot of oranges and leafy greens like spinach as they help as well because they have d-Pinitol (which is about £60 for a tub of it in supplement form!) and I read that can help with insulin resistance in PCOS. I really must find that site again, it had a lot of little tips like that.

Yeah. I've started reading a lot about different supplements. I don't want to take too many different things because I have a hard enough time remembering to take a multivitamin every day!

Yeah. I've started reading a lot about different supplements. I don't want to take too many different things because I have a hard enough time remembering to take a multivitamin every day!

lol yep, me too - I have an alarm on my phone to remind me each day to take it haha

Hi everyone, good luck to everyone using soy iso. this is my first month using soy isp, i started yesterday cd3 for me. I am using the vitabiotics one from boots as each pill is 100g. I will be using 100g for cd3 cd4 and cd5 then 200g for cd6 and cd7. this is our 2nd cycle ttc to really excited and hoping it wprks.

Fxd for all :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->