SPA -Stick Pee-ers Anonymous - 3 Babies, 3 BFPs and 2TTCers catching up!

Cookie, big :hugs: hope your feeling ok today.

Clara, hope your Auntie is doing ok :hugs:

I'm got a cold and I'm finding it hard to sleep because my nose is running so much :cry:

Aww sorry your feeling so rotten hun. hope you get some sleep soon :hugs:

I'm ok today thanks. Been a little emotional and super moody towards DF :dohh:
But I think its cos af is coming. (o)(o)s so sore.

I just decided to munch half a tub of haribo.... not my best idea just before bed lol. So hopefully I will get some sleep and see if af is here in the.morning.

Xxxx

Wow Prepping - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so pleased for you :D What a lovely surprise :D :D

Sorry I've been MIA, my Granddad died suddenly this week and it's been manic. It's also been my birthday this week too. Been crazy. Not been able to do any opk's or any bding so I'm hoping I o'd soon after our 2-day bding session...fingers crossed!

Hi all

Thanks for all your good wishes re: my Auntie. I won't keep updating in detail, but basically it's like a rollercoaster. One day she seesm to show some improvement and the next it's all bad news again. I think it's just a waiting game really.

Prepping, I want to hear more! Hope you're ok and out of shock...;)

Greygirl, how are you?

Cookie did witchy stay away? Hope so, and hope you're feeling a bit happier

MissH how's the bladder? Mine's flat as a pancake, Beaness (as everyone seems to be calling her nowadays!) has mangled it to the size of a pea. Me and the loo are well acquainted and we have considered buying shares in a major looroll company...

Karine, how are you?

As for us, hallway is this > < close to being done. I have had a major 'get every little piece of dust out' in the bedroom. It's the bathroom's turn later today, then the kitchen: I neeeeed to get this place clean and free of decorating dust! Hmmm, nesting or just sick of DUST?!!! Oh and I 'think' I have had a Braxton Hicks but not sure if too early...Tum went all hard, not painful, then back to soft after about a minute. Very odd. Off to midwife appointment today so will ask her then. 24 weeks! Aaaagh!

Hope everyone is well and getting excited about the man in the red suit coming down the chimney! I am! Went to Oxford Street on Saturday (I know, crazy right?) But, despite the achy back and legs, I now have ALL my shopping done and wrapped, bar a couple of things that should arrive in the post in next couple of days. Phew. Plus had a lovely Christmassy day with OH, drinking hot choc (and a crafty little sip of his wine) and eating macarons! plus we bought ourselves a beautiful coffee maker for Christmas :)

Working from home today so can check into B n B a little! x

Oh Greygirl, I am so sorry to hear that. You must have posted while I was posting my postathon above. Love to you and your family xx :hugs:

Happy belated Birthday and I hope you caught your eggy x

Cookie, how you feeling today? Any sign of the witch? :hugs:

GreyGirl, sorry to hear about your Granddad :hugs: Hope you managed to enjoy your birthday. Fx for you.

Clara, my bladder is smaller than a pea! Since my BFP I have not had one night without getting up to go to the toilet. Normally twice a night :growlmad:
Wow Oxford Street a week before xmas! Your a brave lady! Is there still a big mothercare on Oxford Street? I am so excited for xmas :happydance: DS is also very excited!

Well I have a horrible cold and only managed to get 4 hours sleep :cry: Luckily OH managed to get the day off work to look after ds. I'm hoping they don't catch it :nope:

xxx

Yup MissH there is still a big Mothercare, and a Mamas and Papas (which I love and where I got my maternity jeans :) ) Do hope your cold gets better, it's miserable when you're preggers because you can't take anything. I had two colds, both lasting 2 weeks, the second one made me feel so sick, just when I'd got over morning sickness too! I'd recommend zinc and vit c though to help you fight it. Have you had the flu jab by the way?

Well, midwife told me Braxton Hicks can start at around 25 weeks. Mine could be partly down to dehydration, partly to do with increased activity (cleaning!) so I must drink more. Oh no, that means peeing even more! We discussed the birth too, I need to make the decision on where...it's between home and the birth centre but I am set on having a waterbirth. Think me and OH are going to have a chat and do some research.

Am getting very excited about Christmas. I don't want to work anymore! it's sooooo dull.

Cx

I've had loads of hot water, lemon and honey today. I have some vit c and zinc so I will take some tonight:flower: The flu jab was never mentioned to me by the doctor/midwife so I haven't had it. Have you had it?

I had an emergency c-section with ds so having an elective c-section this time. I think the birth centre is a good option but I'm not sure about a home birth. Maybe if I had a detached house with no neighbours nearby. . . but it would be great to be at home as soon as the baby is born. I've heard water births are great for pain relief so if your going drug free then it might be the best option!

When are you going on mat leave? I think I am going to take some holiday and leave the 2nd week of March then go on mat leave just before the baby is due. I'm looking forward to it but it will be a big change because I am most likely being made redundant while on mat leave so I won't be going back to work, scary!

Hey ladies :hugs:

Grey - I'm so sorry to heard about your grandad :hugs: I hope you still managed to enjoy your bday hun and fx you had some doggy dancing and found that eggy :hugs:

Clara - sorry to hear aunty is so up and down, sending positive vibes her way :hugs:
Sounds like you have a lovely Xmas planned so enjoy relaxing with DH and beaness ( I love that) and you have been a busy bee. Glad mw appt went well too xxx

Missh - hope your cold goes soon :hugs: must be hard not being able to take some pills to clear it up. I'd be lost with a cold without my nightnurse :D
Glad your all looking forward to Xmas. I bet its so magical with young children :D

Afm - no witch as yet. Feel it could show any min so not to sure what's going on. I'm not too bad today. things are really hard with me and DF atm so feeling a bit stressed but looking forward to Xmas with the family.

Sitting in my car about to drive home so will check in soon.
Love and hugs to all xxxx

I've had loads of hot water, lemon and honey today. I have some vit c and zinc so I will take some tonight:flower: The flu jab was never mentioned to me by the doctor/midwife so I haven't had it. Have you had it?

I had an emergency c-section with ds so having an elective c-section this time. I think the birth centre is a good option but I'm not sure about a home birth. Maybe if I had a detached house with no neighbours nearby. . . but it would be great to be at home as soon as the baby is born. I've heard water births are great for pain relief so if your going drug free then it might be the best option!

When are you going on mat leave? I think I am going to take some holiday and leave the 2nd week of March then go on mat leave just before the baby is due. I'm looking forward to it but it will be a big change because I am most likely being made redundant while on mat leave so I won't be going back to work, scary!

Oh bless you, hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Yep, I had the flu jab. I found out after that there is some controversy about it when pregnant (isn't there with everything?!) I have had flu once before when I was 19 and it was horrendous, in bed 4 days straight and couldn't stand up. So, after my 2 colds I thought I'd go for it, and with bird flu etc around recently! (Overcautious me....!)

Hmmm, we live in a 1st floor flat so maybe not then! I'm just terrified there won't be a birth pool free at my birthing centre. Although my midife said there are a lot at the centre so I stand a good chance. I do want to go as drug free as poss but I won't be a martyr! You get gas and air in the birth centre right?!

Well, work: I'm on a year contract that finishes end of February. Beanie is due first week of April. My boss said I can do an extra couple of weeks if I like. I think I'll see how uncomfortable I feel and how broke I am! I'd give up work now if I could afford to, those blimmin' tube trains...grrrrr! I kind of know what you mean about not working after, it is a little scary! Will keep my fingers crossed you don't get made redundant (unless you want to of course! ;) )

Have a good evening all xx

Hey ladies :hugs:

Grey - I'm so sorry to heard about your grandad :hugs: I hope you still managed to enjoy your bday hun and fx you had some doggy dancing and found that eggy :hugs:

Clara - sorry to hear aunty is so up and down, sending positive vibes her way :hugs:
Sounds like you have a lovely Xmas planned so enjoy relaxing with DH and beaness ( I love that) and you have been a busy bee. Glad mw appt went well too xxx

Missh - hope your cold goes soon :hugs: must be hard not being able to take some pills to clear it up. I'd be lost with a cold without my nightnurse :D
Glad your all looking forward to Xmas. I bet its so magical with young children :D

Afm - no witch as yet. Feel it could show any min so not to sure what's going on. I'm not too bad today. things are really hard with me and DF atm so feeling a bit stressed but looking forward to Xmas with the family.

Sitting in my car about to drive home so will check in soon.
Love and hugs to all xxxx

Big hugs Cookie :hugs: :hugs:

Hope witchy doesn't come and that things get better with DF soon, I am sure they will settle down.

Thanks for the positive vibes. I am sure it all helps :)

x

Thanks Clara. I don't think he's got his head around the mc. he needs to talk about it but won't talk to me. I'm currently trying to decide if I should tell his mum, she will know what to say to him cos atm I feel he's blaming me for what happened :(

I think I will test tomoro of af hasn't shown but pretty sure she will be here. Idk :/

I hope the vibes reach aunty xxxx

Thanks Clara. I don't think he's got his head around the mc. he needs to talk about it but won't talk to me. I'm currently trying to decide if I should tell his mum, she will know what to say to him cos atm I feel he's blaming me for what happened :(

I think I will test tomoro of af hasn't shown but pretty sure she will be here. Idk :/

I hope the vibes reach aunty xxxx

Honey I am sure he is not blaming you at all. I am positive he is intelligent enough to know that these things happen from time to time, terrible as it is, there is nothing anyone can do about it. Men deal with things a bit differently. Sometimes they have to go off and brood for a while, leaving us feeling a bit crap and abandoned because we think they should talk to us when they are really just processing their feelings. He will come and talk to you, I am sure of it. Just let him know you're there when he is ready. It's completely up to you obviously but if I were in your situation I wouldn't tell his mum without alking to him first.

Hang in there honey, give him time, poor souls aren't as strong as us sometimes and need a bit longer to come to terms with things xxx

Thanks clara. I have said to him about talking to his mum but he just says he will soon lol.

I know he hurts, I should stop being so selfish.

I've done it again. Brought the happy thread down.
3 SPA babies in the making :happydance: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks clara. I have said to him about talking to his mum but he just says he will soon lol.

I know he hurts, I should stop being so selfish.

I've done it again. Brought the happy thread down.
3 SPA babies in the making :happydance: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cookie, you are in no way selfish and you haven't brought the thread down. You're fab, we love you and you have a heart of gold. Hang in there sista, things will get better ;) :flower::hugs: xx

Id be lost without you girls :hugs:
Have so much love for you all xxxx

I wish Achelois was here :cry:

Massive :hugs: Cookie. I think you should concentrate on having a great xmas with loads of yummy treats. Next year is a new chapter and hopefully you can put this upsetting time behind you. I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better but there isn't. Keep talking to us because we're all here for you and your not bringing the thread down :hugs:

Clara, the walls between us and our neighbours are paper thin [we can here them turning on their bathroom light!] so there is no way I would want them hearing the sound effects of me giving birth :haha: I think you can have gas and air in the birthing pool but this is something you can find out before you make a decision. I had one puff of gas and air and felt so sick that I demanded an epidural :dohh: I know a few people who only had gas and air so I guess an open mind is the best advice.

I put in for voluntary redundancy before I got my BFP so I do want it but its not been confirmed yet. Even though I want it, its still scary thinking I have no job to go back too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->