SPD/PGP Support thread

Thanks phexia thats reassuring. Really don't want to have a section.

I delivered normally with severe spd last time, was hoping for normal delivery again. Just the leaflet physio gave me, had me a bit worried.

Anyone had any acupunture & know at what stage of pg they will do it. Mw thinks they won't do it b4 20 weeks. Know of a mw who does acupunture, mw is trying to get hold of them, but not heard anything yet, so guessing they won't do anything b4 20 wks.

Just ordered my ball.

morning ladies...well my scan went well. my lil bean is measuring not really so little lol she weighs 5lb 11oz so on the bigger side of normal and the good news is she is head down :yipee:
I have got my follow up appt today with the consultant so it will be interesting to see what he says now. I will of course update you xx :hugs:

That's wonderful news seeing as my first was 9lb 4oz at 40 weeks, my second 7lb 3oz at 37 weeks! Plus fact had this one way to close to Olivia I'm having trouble getting up + walking already.

LOL what a joyous last pregnancy is gonna b.

i have a feeling this ones gonna be a 9lb'er too lol :shock:

well....finally....albeit a little late, I have been referred to Physio but I have been told that I should be able to have a normal birth? but might want to consider an epidural for the pain sooner than later as being a big baby it will be beyond the normal pain. so more for a little comfort if nothing else. I just have to remember to make sure they are aware I have SPD.
so....pretty good all round, but have got to have another growth scan in 3 weeks time with another follow up.

You know, I've had two vaginal births, both time had severe SPD and I don't remember any extra pain from the SPD. I mean sure, it was hard to move around and I ended up having them laying on my back, but I would have had the epidural for other reasons :rofl: I seriously did not notice any extra pelvic pain, just the pain from the contractions. So I wouldn't opt for the epidural just because of SPD! ;)

Thank Goodness for that, I want to avoid an epidural at all costs. I had one with my son and had awful consequences.

Hi Ladies

Hope you are all ok.. I'm sorry for intruding on your thread but I wanted to ask a couple of questions...I hope thats ok to see if you think I should consult the doctor or whether I'm just worrying for nothing?

A week or so ago, after being sat at my desk for ages, I stood up and had a severe shooting pain through my hip which was almost like a spasm and then had terrible difficulty walking. Since then I had pains in my lower back and bottom, as well as pain in my right hip (mainly) which sometimes spread to the top of my thigh..

On Sunday when I was in bed I could lile in any position because it was so uncomfortable on my hips and I was literally crying in pain...

The pain has been intermittant through out...

Do you think I'm worrying for nothing or should I have it checked out? If so, who do I go and see? My GP or a MW?

Many thanks for any advice you can give me

xxx

:hi: first timer, maybe get it checked out but be aware i have been trying to get mine " checked out " for months now and they have only just listened to me. but yes I would get in there sooner rather than later as they can sometimes take their time over organising things like Phsio etc.

thanks Phexia....I must admit this woman I saw today was a little DUH with her comments. almost like she didnt give two hoots :growlmad:

Hi - Ive been directed to this thread by a lady in Second Tri....

I had a midwife appointment today and mentioned that I have a very tender tummy, low down.. a bit like when you have a urine infection (although my urine isnt showing one)..I also have pain on the inside of my thighs and find it uncomfortable to lie down on my back, as it feel like my hips arent straight anymore... Midwife said it sounds much like the start of SPD??

I feel really down about this tonight... I have had a really stressful time waiting for my 20 week scan as I was given high risk for DS at 12 weeks... had a very reassuring scan and have spent the last week feeling great, looking forward to the rest of pregnancy.. then this...

I have an Obstetric consultant appointment on 3rd December for something else, so am confident I can find out for sure if my midwife is right.... but dont know what to do in the meantime? Can I prevent it getting much worse? I was made redundant just before I got pregnant and I earn a fairly decent living from walking dogs at the moment.. so will be absolutely buggered if I have to give it up!!

Sorry to be such a moaner - I just feel a bit overwhelmed at the prospect of it all x

God, I'm so glad to have found this thread as I'm pretty sure I have SPD. I started with pain in my groin at the right side at around 20 weeks & its steadily been getting worse-its now also in the middle & down my inner thighs. I am really struggling to get in & out of bed, the bath & the car & to turn over in bed. I am ok when I am sat down but if I sit for any length of time, I'm in agony when I get up. I do see a consultant obstetrician every 4 weeks as I live in Spain & have private insurance but he didnt seem to know what it was (maybe SPD isnt that well known over here) Anyway, its great to have found others to chat to who know what you are going through-hope you are all ok tonight.

:hi: newbies. it sounds as though its not well known at all, either that or drs avoid the SPD thing all together. EMX I cant advise really on things to help cause I think everyone is diff....for example they say to keep knees together when sitting, moving in and out of bed, well for me that actually makes my pain worse, tubi grips are supposed to help but again that make me worse. its almost like im the oposite. one thing i do agree with tho is the sitting down for too long....hurts like hell when u stand up. you just have to take your time.
i would say if the dogs are big dogs you might????? have to give that up if they constantly pull you. sorry. but defo get further advice and push for it too. dont let them fob u off.
cath it sounds like u have it too hun. :hugs: xxxx

talking of sitting down for too long.....i really must get up and do some stuff.
:( take it easy ladies :hugs:

Thanks sparklebaby - having spent a night being as miserable as sin, especially to OH - have decided to pull my finger out and get on with things... I only have the dogs until Christmas anyway, having decided that I probably wont be able to cope bump wise after that anyway! If I have to give up earlier then I will.. I slept in the spare bed last night (just because I find it more comfy anyway) and as its a single it tends to keep me propped on my side... and with the duvet under bump and between knees everything feels a bit more comfy today...

Its weird how the prospect of SPD has hit me for six - I think having my mobility compromised is probably the worst thing I can imagine as I am such an active person!

Anyway - in the next 3 weeks I have to see GP, Midwife and an Obstetric Consultant about other things, so am going to whinge at them all until I have a definite answer and get some help! Will let you know how it goes x

aw ur welcome darling. i dont know what ur like when u sleep but i toss and turn no end so i turfed hubby out into the spare bed so i can have the whole double to roll over to other side rather than try and hump my weight around in one spot. just take ur time with the dogs hun and remember you and the baby come first xxxx yes SPD aint nice but once u know what sets u oiff it becomes a little more manageable. every night now I sit on the sofa with my legs up as it takes weight off the pelvis. things like sitting down for lengths of time might feel ok while ur sitting but as soon as u stand...:shock: OMG
so u have to learn to stand up and walk around to stretch out.....talking of which i have done it again, been sitting here far too long. :cry: this is gonna hurt.....

We are getting a new King Size bed delivered tomorrow so hopefully that will help with it a bit as my old bed is crap with a capital C!! Yeah - I have started watching my posture and making sure I have legs out rather than tucked under to my side etc when sitting - fingers crossed it will help! Maybe I should consider rigging the dogs up to a cart and then I can ride along rather than walk!! That would be a sight!! x

hey ladys! toook me a while too find this thread i knew it was about just didnt know ware! anyway...
Im suffering with spd i have a pelvic support belt and crutches, im also about too see the dr too see if i can get any stronger painkillers, its horrific it really is! iv just been informed today by the MW i wont be able to give birth at the midwife led unit and i'll have to travel to our nearest hopsital which is 21 miles away!

Anyone know anything about beeing inducded due too spd because im starting too think this might be the route i'll have too go down due to charlie beeing a bit on the large side when i had him!

We are getting a new King Size bed delivered tomorrow so hopefully that will help with it a bit as my old bed is crap with a capital C!! Yeah - I have started watching my posture and making sure I have legs out rather than tucked under to my side etc when sitting - fingers crossed it will help! Maybe I should consider rigging the dogs up to a cart and then I can ride along rather than walk!! That would be a sight!! x

:haha: love the doggy idea hun.

yes i used to sit with my legs tucked under me. :dohh: not good. even if u do end uop getting into the position now which sometimes i do :nope: its not easy getting back out of it again :cry::dohh:

Hi Zara :hugs::kiss: when my dr said to me yesterday u know u can take paracetemol, i laughed at her and said they do nothing, neither does the tubi grip :growlmad: I think every dr/consultant different :shrug:
yeah I guess with SPD its almost like a case of being a higher risk?? :shrug: i guess just in case there are any complications. but 21 miles..... that sucks hun. hope u have some routes planned out for the big day. xxxx :hugs:

Hi ladies, Im so glad to have found this thread!
My midwife confirmed my SPD for me last week, and i have an appointment with the physio this coming monday, im hoping she wil be able to give me some sort of support band or something to ease the "weightyness" of it all.

I was thinking of trying Swimming but we dont have a pool nearby that doesnt have those stupid little awkward steps on rungs to get in and out of the pool with, unless its the kiddies pool and then that wont hide my fat thighs as its too shallow :rofl:

I find it difficult sitting, standing, walking, sleeping... pretty much everything at the moment! xx

I just saw my midwife and doc, and doc prescribed sleeping pills because I can't sleep anymore because of the SPD pain. And because I'm not sleeping, the pain gets worse! I'm supposed to take them for 2-3 nights in a row and see if I can break the cycle. I really hope they help, but I still HATE taking them. Doc said it was fine though and that they'd never give me anything that would harm the baby.

oh Phexia. :hugs: may I ask ...are u sleeping on your own? or is ur OH in the same bed as you?? I found I slept better once hubby was turfed out. Im sorry you have to resort to sleeping tablets tho. xxxx :hugs: I hope it gives you plenty of rest and relief?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->