Sperm Meets Egg Plan Chatter thread!

Hey all! Joining TTC again after a MMC and looking for a few more buddies. I read abit about this on some of the MC support threads and wondered if i could join?

Been TTC since Oct 08 and have now had 2 MC's but i am sure that its going to be 3rd time lucky for us. I have 3 dogs who are my lovely furbabies and kee me smiling at the bad times.

Hi Ladies

I haven’t had internet for a week (AHHHHHHH Worst thing) Now I am back, 100 Pages of posting and I am so behind just to catch up on a few things

Gingerwhinger, Cupcake Huge Congratulations xxxxxxxxxxx yay

Razcox – Nice to see you on Baby and Bump sorry to hear about the previous MC, I wish you all the luck and support and hope the next few months bring you amazing news. xx I have two doggies and I think they are my best friends as well as baby substitutes hehe
Stardust22 – Sorry the witch got you, all the best for next month, praying for everyone

Titi – I saw your message and I think we all go through the same when the witch comes, we just feel so depressed and fed up because we all want it so badly, plus you think about all the calculating your doing and efforts to do it all correct then end of month no result, I said to my hubby I feel like it’s a driving test and I constantly keep failing but investing so much hardwork lol

Ok So I am on CD 14 now and have been following the SMEP to a T – Except that I am going mad trying to figure out the annoying clearblue fertility kits with the lines, I tested today and got two strong lines so I think today is my day to start BD 3 days in a row but I am scared that yesterday and the day before I read the instructions wrong and I am missed my Ovulation as I didn’t get how to distinguish the lines, I haven’t had internet and couldn’t check and I had a close friends wedding cannot go back in time so I hope today is the DAY!!!!

OH is being mega supportive considering his tired from work,

Mamaxm – if you could kindly add me to the testing list for Monday 3rd May that would be Great

Much luck to EVERYONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE x

Hey Ness

I was totally like that the last time and didnt really seem at lease until after my 12 week scan. I even bought one of them things that you can stick the ultrasound gel onto and put onto your tummy and hear babys heartbeat and the one you strap to your tummy aswell and it has headphones and you can hear your baby kicking. I hope I havent put things into your head hehe....

Yeah its still on and off wondering if its the EPO?

Haha when I sneeze now I nearly wee myself! Remember to do your kegel exercises??!!

That will be fine as long as you are wearing gloves, how is mark taking it all? Bet you hes so chuffed

Im on cycle day 10 at the min started cycle day 9 sods law I OV day 14 this month instead of 15 lol....

Your bubs will do just fine love

thank you Shona at least I know I'm not the only crazy one over analysing everything ha ha! Yeah I don't think I will be able to relax until the 12 week scan - I've considered getting a doppler once I getto 7 weeks to try and start finding the heartbeat that would be so reassuring!

I think for Mark he's excited sort of but it's not really real for him yet until he sees a bump - he keeps forgetting and can get a little careless with me sometimes so I have to keep reminding him to go steady - he's a right lumax sometimes ha ha bless him. I told him today that he will need to move his playstation upstairs if he wants to play with it cos the baby will be wanting to watch cbeebies ha ha he crapped himself so thought ooops better not scare him just yet :haha:

Oooh so you're just coming up to ov how exciting!! could be epo giving you migraines have you googled the symptoms or anything! Keep me updated with your symptoms though through the 2ww!!

Samira hi hun hope the SMEP works for you!

Rachel (Razcox) i did SMEP this cycle too! FX for you honey!

Hey all! Joining TTC again after a MMC and looking for a few more buddies. I read abit about this on some of the MC support threads and wondered if i could join?

Been TTC since Oct 08 and have now had 2 MC's but i am sure that its going to be 3rd time lucky for us. I have 3 dogs who are my lovely furbabies and kee me smiling at the bad times.

I am cd one hun, after a mmc in jan!! we can be buddies :flower:

:hugs: to all the horrible witch has got.

sorry have to really try and catch up before i do a proper post. Just dont seem to find the time

GIRLS. GIRLS! have you guys heard about using PH strips to check your CM?!?!?! i am going to get some TOMORROW. TOMORROW!!! i just don't know if the urine tests can be used to test CM? or if that's how you use them?
off to figure it out. very excited about it though! maybe CM is too acidic!

hmmmmm......I am not sure how you would test your cm using these. Definitely Peeing on it won't work-I wonder if you just gather up some cm and try testing it that way? Let me know!!!

Our couples therapist had told us that they tried for YEARS to have a baby. They did a regular Semen analysis and found he was good-Finally part of the testing was the poistcoital analysis-they had sex and a little while later they test the sperm just in the vagina-it was ALL dead and this was b/c his wife's cm was too hostile. Their FS said to buy a box of baking soda and make a douche with it and the alkalinity would lower the acidic ph. He says all they had to do was spend .69 for that stupid box and they got pg straight away.

Of course-just on a whim I tried this one cycle and nothing.
Am seriously interested if we can test on our own tho!

GIRLS. GIRLS! have you guys heard about using PH strips to check your CM?!?!?! i am going to get some TOMORROW. TOMORROW!!! i just don't know if the urine tests can be used to test CM? or if that's how you use them?
off to figure it out. very excited about it though! maybe CM is too acidic!

hmmmmm......I am not sure how you would test your cm using these. Definitely Peeing on it won't work-I wonder if you just gather up some cm and try testing it that way? Let me know!!!

Our couples therapist had told us that they tried for YEARS to have a baby. They did a regular Semen analysis and found he was good-Finally part of the testing was the poistcoital analysis-they had sex and a little while later they test the sperm just in the vagina-it was ALL dead and this was b/c his wife's cm was too hostile. Their FS said to buy a box of baking soda and make a douche with it and the alkalinity would lower the acidic ph. He says all they had to do was spend .69 for that stupid box and they got pg straight away.

Of course-just on a whim I tried this one cycle and nothing.
Am seriously interested if we can test on our own tho!

:shock:

Ok, so how many of us are contemplating this now... :haha:

Found this on another site, basically someone asking the same question. They were using some PH test strips and getting results of "acidic"

Answer--
It’s possible that you are contaminating when you check and actually swabbing VAGINAL fluid and not just CERVICAL. It’s difficult to avoid this unless you are using a speculum to cleanly expose the cervix. Normal vaginal secretions are acidic.

So, don't panic if it comes back acidic if you try it... this might be an explanation for why...

According to ingender.com (and i trust them because seriously.. these girls are way WAY crazier than us), you reach up there and swirl your finger around your cervix, and then pull straight out. you use the CM on your fingertip and put it on the strip. :shrug: hell it's worth a try. i think it might ease my mind a bit. i'll probably go today or tomorrow and pick some up. 14.99 for a roll of i think 100 at the vitamin shoppe, not bad at all. wish hpts and opks came like that :haha:

ugh even if my CM is acidic i can't do a baking soda douche, you're not supposed to do it during fertile period as it washes fertile CM away and dries everything out. fabulous. oh well. still getting those strips.

According to ingender.com (and i trust them because seriously.. these girls are way WAY crazier than us), you reach up there and swirl your finger around your cervix, and then pull straight out. you use the CM on your fingertip and put it on the strip. :shrug: hell it's worth a try. i think it might ease my mind a bit. i'll probably go today or tomorrow and pick some up. 14.99 for a roll of i think 100 at the vitamin shoppe, not bad at all. wish hpts and opks came like that :haha:

I'm just happy to hear there's people out there crazier than us. :rofl: On a side note, am trying to get off of coffee, but am a total addict. :coffee: Have been really cutting down this month and using 1/2 decaf 1/2 regular...told DH yesterday that I read too much caffeine can hurt chances. Then this morning went to go make a pot of 1/2 decaf and 1/2 regular and he said I was BANNED from coffee! Still went ahead and made a little (trying to wean myself to avoid headaches), but his insistence that I quit actually made me feel a bit better. I started to think with all the times I demanded :sex: for SMEP this past month that I'm the only one who wants this badly.

Anyone else have views on coffee?

Mamaxm: thanks for all the helpful info!:kiss:

hey! phew caught up!!

so gutted the witch got a few of you, squirrel and soph i was really rooting for you guys

im 7dpo today, had a lot more creamy cm than normal, got up yesterday morning and had a gush of loads. gross huh!! i guess its coz of all the grapefruit juice maybe.

hope you guys are having a fun weekend.xx

Honeybee, I'm 7DPO today, too! What day are you testing? I'm trying to hold off until the 28th.

yey fx for us!!! mmmm I'll probably start soon to be honest i have no self control and a ton of internet cheapies. any symptoms? when's af actually due for you? im due a week tomorrow.

I am cd one hun, after a mmc in jan!! we can be buddies :flower:

I'd like that! Thanks :happydance:

Welcome Razcox, sorry to hear about your mcs, really hope it's 3rd time lucky for you :hugs:
MyTurnYet- my only view on coffee is that it's gross!! BUT, I have drinking decaffeinated tea and diet coke for years and I really don't tell the difference now- apart from the caffeine kick when I do have a caffeinated one!!

Eeek am doing my first opk later today!!
Mamaxm- hope to test on May6th- hubby's birthday!!!

AF is due on the 27th...I figured waiting one extra day to test will do me good. I'm a POAS addict, as well, but promised myself I'd wait this time.

Last month had all kinds of symptoms and convinced myself I was pg, but was not. This month I don't seem to really have any symptoms. A bit of heartburn, but that is not unusual for me. Also, tired and slightly moody/crying more than usual, but that can also be a side effect of decreasing the coffee. So I dunno. :shrug:

What about you? Any symptoms?

If people are worried about acidic CM why not try something like pre seed? I teneded to get EWCM before OV and then the day of OV it dried up a bit. The two times i have used preseed everytime we BDed in the kep couple of weeks i got a :bfp: Might be worth a go?

MyTurnYet - I havent had caffine for a while and i am going to try and stay off it now even though i can have t again. I found i have been sleeping better off it and having less head aches. With regards to TTC i'm not sure if it makes that much of a difference TBH.

I don't drink coffee, but I had a serious Dr. Pepper addiction. I quit drinking it but was still drinking caffiene free sodas. About two months ago I decided to stop drinking all soda, and.. I have to say, I really feel so much better. I don't know why, just healthier. If I do drink a little now, I get all gassy and gross feeling!

So, I know that's kinda going above and beyond getting rid of caffiene, but it's really made me feel better. Getting over that first 3 or 4 days of withdrawl is a royal biatch, though!!!!! I just went cold turkey on a Friday so that I'd feel the ickiest on the weekend.

While caffiene is supposed to be ok in small doses, I figure it's something I can control. And limiting the fake sugars can't hurt either, right? Good luck to ya!!!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->