Sperm Meets Egg Plan Chatter thread!

Im a bit confussed today NO smiley on clearblue yet normal internet cheapy says differently?

It looks a bit lighter to me hun. I used cheap ones and the line looked dark but was unsure and did the smileys and it didnt come up and then all of sudden 2 days later bang! smiley face and really dark line on the cheapo! keep testing. I did twice a day when I got close.

Hello I am trying to figure out where to get the smiley opks and what are they called? Thanks hun

Clearblue Ovulation Test - 7 Stick Pack - they are about £20 in boots, Superdrug and most chemists.

best to get the 7 pack rather than just one as you will need more!

Edited: just realised you are in the US, have you seen them in Walmart or CVS?

Clearblue Ovulation Test - 7 Stick Pack - they are about £20 in boots, Superdrug and most chemists.

Thank you so much. I have checked Walmart in my area and they don't have them but haven't checked CVS and they are down the street. :dohh: Also do I use the smiley when my ic's get darker?

I used the cheapos to see the line and then when I thought, thats the same colour now I used one clearblue but it was negative, I then did another cheapo 5 hours later and it was darker again and used another digital and BAM there it was smiley face! I personally used them as a back up as the line looked dark enough but I dont like interpreting a line. I like the smiley!! hope you find them. I tried to see where else in the US sells them?

I used the cheapos to see the line and then when I thought, thats the same colour now I used one clearblue but it was negative, I then did another cheapo 5 hours later and it was darker again and used another digital and BAM there it was smiley face! I personally used them as a back up as the line looked dark enough but I dont like interpreting a line. I like the smiley!! hope you find them. I tried to see where else in the US sells them?

I use the digitals this way too--just to confirm the positive cheapie OPK tests.

You can get them almost anywhere here in the US though I find that they tend to go off the shelves fast in my area (along with the FRERs!). You can look at Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid and even some grocery stores will have them.

:hugs: Firedancer :hugs: I have my fx crossed that you still get some good news

Honeybee - I really hope that it is IB...but trust me I know exactly how you feel

I have a question about fertility friend...when I went in to change that my period came early my calendar got all wierd. It's giving me like six days that say ovulation days and also five days that say AF is beginning...does anyone know why it got wacky?

awwwww i just checked my cp and im spotting! red. and a bit of brown. that fecking witch is clearly on her way. im 10dpo but checked back through my diary and i got spotting this early a few months back so she'll turn up sunday/monday for sure.
i could cry.
and also, every other cycle i have is 35-38 days (every other one is 31 days), and my next one will be a long cycle, so if this coming cycle is 38 days i wont be due until 3rd JUNE!!!! How far away does that sound. grrrrrrrrrrr.

hope everyone's feeling better than i am right now!!xx

Could be implantation bleeding.....it can happen 10dpo with some ppl.

Its not over til she shows. Gl. :dust: x

firedancer! :hugs: don't be embarassed to tell us anything! if this isn't your month, i hope you get it next month :)
oh if i was in the 2ww i'd swear i'm pregnant. i've had morning sickness every morning for the last week. i can barely down my supplements.
and my stupid temp went down today. oh well, in the past i've always o'd on cd 15 or 18. so either way i'll be bd'ing on o day. we'll see if it happens, if not i'm going NTNP until august.

Warrior Wisdom of the Day

Myth: Ovulation occurs on the day of the drop or the day of the rise in BBT.

This is one of the most common myths perpetuated by the medical community. In reality, the exact day of ovulation cannot be determined by the basal body temperature. Only about 10% of women even have a drop in basal temperature. And once the temperature has risen, it is virtually certain that the egg is already gone (assuming conception hadn’t occurred beforehand.) This is because an egg only lives 12-24 hours, and by the time the temperature has risen, the egg is no longer viable. Therefore, if a couple wants to achieve a pregnancy, the sign to focus on is not the basal temperature, but the cervical fluid.

cheapest place to get them if your not buying on ebay is sainsbury they are £18 sometimes £17

afternoon girls well took my clearblue and internet cheapy OPK's to college today lol did them in my break and a break through smiley on clear blue and line as dark as the control line on the cheapy OH wants me down again this weekend since I have no more classes this week now gonna go down tomorrow i'm pretty sure im ovulating today since my OPK was so dark yesterday too but either way I have hope that spermys are living from sunday and the hope that if eggy is still on its way that BD tomorrow night, friday and saturday will cover me only been 3 days apart from OH since my fertile window so feeling more positive now!

So I was explaining the SMEP to DH yesterday and he asked me this question and I didn't know the answer so I figured I'd ask the SMEP experts here :thumbup:

So what's the reasoning behind BDing for two days past ovulation, skipping a day and BDing the next day? DH wanted to know why we skip that day instead of BDing?

because after bd'ing for two days, the swimmers are low, so you wait a day to let them build up again and then go for one last time, depending on the opk you can o up to 72 hours after getting a positive.

So I was explaining the SMEP to DH yesterday and he asked me this question and I didn't know the answer so I figured I'd ask the SMEP experts here :thumbup:

So what's the reasoning behind BDing for two days past ovulation, skipping a day and BDing the next day? DH wanted to know why we skip that day instead of BDing?

Well I read that it was to cover it just incase you Ov later than you thought. Cos it can be 12, 24 or 36 hours in some cases. So yeah I think I read it was just to cover it. But I might be wrong. But hold on a sec if that were the case yeah why would we skip a day. Oh god. You've got a point there hmmmmm. Anybody else got something to add? x

because after bd'ing for two days, the swimmers are low, so you wait a day to let them build up again and then go for one last time, depending on the opk you can o up to 72 hours after getting a positive.

Oh so yeah the LH Surge can be detected maybe 72 hours before!!! wow. Of course yeah. So that would all be covered in the bbd for 2 days and then miss a day and then get at it one last day with a vengence hehe

Gooooodddddddddd I need a wee but I can't cos have to wait until 8pm to do it on my OPK STICK! I made a boo boo at 4pm after waiting 4 hours to wee. I forgot to put the stick in the applicator and cocked the whole thing up. Wasted a bladder full of good wee too! Had to put myself through not having a drink for 4 hours and suffering with a full bladder and then I go and mess up like that. Only another 1 hr and 55 mins until I can wee and I'm desperate already but I had to drink water with my Robittusin damn!

yeah it all depends on the opk you're using!
so confession time.. how many of us are smokers? i hate to say i am. but i'm quitting today! i have three more cigarettes and i'm DONE! it's such a hard thing to quit while ttc because every time the witch shows i just have to have one, but it hurts fertility and increases chances for miscarriage so i have to quit. OH is so happy, he hates that i smoke. plus cigarettes are so expensive now that i spend around $60 a week on them and i can't afford that, quitting smoking for a month would pay for a new cbfm!

I don't smoke no. But I used to drink wine with my evening meal and so did OH but we both gave that up too. Now lifes just rubbish:nope::nope:

Miss my glass of 2 or 3 of wine hehe

Missy- Yep, they alternate sides. I should be getting a lefty this month.

Wanting- No smileys and I just spent $200 on that damn OvaCue so I'm not going to buy any either!!! DH would throw a shit fit!

I checked my CP, nice and high and soft! YAY! I'm really hoping this month is it, everything is sort of falling into place. I even have my left sided O pains!

mamaxm.. it may help to leave some smokes in the packet. I freak out and want it more if I dont have access to it. Least you are then making the choice instead of being forced not too cause you dont have any xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->