• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sperm Meets Egg Plan Chatter thread!

Gingerwhinger and Ness - I dont really think it makes a big difference as long as its every second day. I think the way I would do it was if I ov cycle day 14 would do 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 16, 18 but if OV usually cycle day 15 I would do 9, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 19 which is what Im doing this month but think as long as every second day plus 3 days soon as first peak then miss one day then day after.

Like Ness said aswell as long as after OV its back to normal.

Ah bless your hubby gingerwhinger they dont like a plan but bet if mine stopped it too he would start asking questions, they care more than they let on hehe.....

Welcome Helly

Yeah AreIn83 my sis was the same didnt want to tell me and I was happy when she told me shes pregnant but my heart sank at the same time, shes already 13 weeks and my aunty is 6 months gone uhhh :nope:

I get my +opk on CD14 so CD13,14 and 15 will be ok though won't it?

Eeek worried now I've screwed it up lol I just read that the sperm you have leading up to ovulation is more effective than the sperm after so if I bd'd 14,15 and 16 was worried i wouldn't have any spermies there from just before ov

Oh well starting from CD8 doesnt necessarily work for everyone I suppose, I couldnt have :sex: on CD8 as me and OH had an argument lol so CD9 was the reasoning for the starting point on CD9

I get my +opk on CD14 so CD13,14 and 15 will be ok though won't it?

Eeek worried now I've screwed it up lol I just read that the sperm you have leading up to ovulation is more effective than the sperm after so if I bd'd 14,15 and 16 was worried i wouldn't have any spermies there from just before ov

Oh well starting from CD8 doesnt necessarily work for everyone I suppose, I couldnt have :sex: on CD8 as me and OH had an argument lol so CD9 was the reasoning for the starting point on CD9

Hey Ness yeah I think your plan of action is good and still coincides with SMEP. Dont worry your bedding day before, day of and day after (2 peak days) as long as its every other day and 2 peak days I cant see why it would matter when we start it? And sperm lives up to 3-5 days so as long as its regular I cant see a problem. Oh what site did you see that info about spermy from? Intrigued to see it. Yes I read about that and hope you and your OH are back on track now? Me and my DH have had that a fair few times in the passed to the point where in the heat of the moment he said he didnt want to try anymore. It can cause so much stress sometimes but I try and get through to him that it has to be planned as its not an accident we are planning for a baby :dohh: hehe..... and the rest of the time can be as spur of the moment as he wants it to be

yeah it just makes you not want to have sex when they're arses like that!

I can't remember what site I saw it on but it was a fertility site...will have to see if I can find it. Something to do with that it can take sperm a few days to reach the egg so if you have sex after the egg has been released there's a chance the sperm won't reach it in time before the egg dies.

well I'll just keep bd'ing every other day until my +opk anyway, like you said sure a day different won't make that much difference as long as I bd every other day then the day I get my +opk and the 2 days after that!

I'm pretty regular so get my +opk's on CD14 but I did have some spotting the day before AF this cycle so that could have brought me one day more than I thought so could actually be CD12 which would work out right, any how, doing my opk's and started getting faint lines so just waiting for the surge now :thumbup:

xxx

Okay so yesterday CM was watery but OPK said negative and CP was Med. Today CP is so high I have to push in order to feel it..... FF syas according to CP and CM I am most fertile, BD'd last two days but I am so afraid I am going to mess this up some how.......

have you had your +opk yet hun?

If not continue bd'ing every other day til you get that positive opk xx

yeah it just makes you not want to have sex when they're arses like that!

I can't remember what site I saw it on but it was a fertility site...will have to see if I can find it. Something to do with that it can take sperm a few days to reach the egg so if you have sex after the egg has been released there's a chance the sperm won't reach it in time before the egg dies.

well I'll just keep bd'ing every other day until my +opk anyway, like you said sure a day different won't make that much difference as long as I bd every other day then the day I get my +opk and the 2 days after that!

I'm pretty regular so get my +opk's on CD14 but I did have some spotting the day before AF this cycle so that could have brought me one day more than I thought so could actually be CD10 which would work out right, any how, doing my opk's and started getting faint lines so just waiting for the surge now :thumbup:

xxx

Yeah totally I just cant put that aside and have sex anyway lol.... just dont think they get all the emotions we have to go through, hormones going up and down constantly. Yep ive read too it takes a while for sperm to get there but it can still catch the egg travelling down plus even if you bed cycle day 12 then 14 the sperm from day 10 and 12 would still hopefully be alive but bedding cycle day 13 is giving you one extra shot and I dont think starting cycle day 8 makes a big difference as we are not even fertile then think its just to keep healthy sperm being reproduced all the time so what you are doing is great. When I conceived my boy I remember I did every second day and then first peak day but we missed the second one and I didnt have sex the day after that and I conceived I thought there was no chance this month. I mean the thing is how on earth do they know how long it takes the sperm to get there, oh I think I dont wanna know the answer to that :haha:

just keep bd'ing every other day then hun until you get the positive.

I test with opk's at 12pm, 3pm and 7pm to make sure I don't miss the surge. That way I'll know for sure (I bought a urine cup online so I could do them in the bathroom at work!)

the bd'ing every other day will be enough as your fertile period can be the few days leading up to ov and just after ov xx

Yeah totally I just cant put that aside and have sex anyway lol.... just dont think they get all the emotions we have to go through, hormones going up and down constantly. Yep ive read too it takes a while for sperm to get there but it can still catch the egg travelling down plus even if you bed cycle day 12 then 14 the sperm from day 10 and 12 would still hopefully be alive but bedding cycle day 13 is giving you one extra shot and I dont think starting cycle day 8 makes a big difference as we are not even fertile then think its just to keep healthy sperm being reproduced all the time so what you are doing is great. When I conceived my boy I remember I did every second day and then first peak day but we missed the second one and I didnt have sex the day after that and I conceived I thought there was no chance this month. I mean the thing is how on earth do they know how long it takes the sperm to get there, oh I think I dont wanna know the answer to that :haha:

Lol I think it's just probably different for everyone and by bd'ing every other day you're keeping the sperm fresh and not using too much CM or making yourself sore and dry lol.

well I'll continue what I'm doing then until I get my +opk! Say if I bd'd on CD13 and got my +opk then bd'd that day, would I only bd one extra day or both days? Cos that would mean 4 consecutive days...??

I mean not everyone ov's on CD14 so there has to be some adjustment right?? xx

Ok ladies i did another OPK and it appeared that the test line was really dark at first then it got weird I am going to attempt to post it we'll see if it works.... It is def darker than it was yesterday!

Attachments

• today.jpg
    today.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 27

Lol I think it's just probably different for everyone and by bd'ing every other day you're keeping the sperm fresh and not using too much CM or making yourself sore and dry lol.

well I'll continue what I'm doing then until I get my +opk! Say if I bd'd on CD13 and got my +opk then bd'd that day, would I only bd one extra day or both days? Cos that would mean 4 consecutive days...??

I mean not everyone ov's on CD14 so there has to be some adjustment right?? xx

Yeah exactly and I never OV on day 14 always day 15 for me and I cant see it doing any good bedding four days in a row. I dont really know how sucessful bedding two peak days and day after would be Im considering just bedding both peak days which will cover all basis, see how I feel but think the reason they say day after aswell is if egg is released on second peak day the egg is still viable for up to 24 hours afterwards but dont think that happens very often. With me anyway I get all the signs that my egg is released on the first peak day. Yeah I know what you mean about 4 consecutive days, its up to you if you wanted to bed day 13 and got your positive day 14 I think bedding day 14 & 15(two peak days) would be enough and that would be 3 days in a row (13, 14 & 15) like I said dont think the day after peak day matters that much but up to you :thumbup:

Ok ladies i did another OPK and it appeared that the test line was really dark at first then it got weird I am going to attempt to post it we'll see if it works.... It is def darker than it was yesterday!

ttcstill - Im really sorry I dont know much about the OPK's as I use the CBFM which tells me exactly what the status is without having to read it.

Well at least this thread is quite busy today! :)

CD6 and I am buying my opk's this weekend. I still have mine from this past cycle, I need to know how to post them. I get really dark positive lines for a good week at least. I figure I (normally) O CD18 because my lines are mega dark on CD18. I take them at 9am and 5pm-ish. I normally get great readings with my SMU.

If I O CD16 this cycle I will start BD every other day CD9 CD12 CD14 CD15 CD16 and then CD18.
If I O CD18 this cycle I will start BD every other day CD12 CD14 CD16 CD17 CD18 and CD20.

Sounds goofy but I will not know when I will O at all this month, so I figure I may start around CD9/CD10 with BD and opk's.

Hi hun

I wouldnt regard this as a positive - it should be darker than or the same colour as the test line :flower:

Did the dye streak? Is that what got weird? Like the test line got dark then the dye ran up the stick?

I have the best luck reading mine when they're almost dry.

I'm pretty sure that we missed our chance for a 2010 baby. I tried to stay with SME but my husband was injured playing basketball. We :sex: every third day, instead of every other. He's been in so much pain that I had to force it to get anything close to the schedule. We did CD8, CD11, CD 14. During that time, I should have been on three in a row. I'm pretty sure I ovulated early this month as well, on CD12/CD13.

I'm not out completely for my BFP but I wasn't able to follow the plan exactly. Next month, we will try this again and test on April 30th! In the meantime, I am in my 2ww.

I don't want to ruin the perfect statistics of the SME plan. Take me out for testing on the 3rd and add me to the 30th.

Ness- I put the softcups in without putting my legs up, i put it in immediately, almost as soon as he pulls out.

TTCStill- i don't think that line is dark enough yet, i'd give it a few more days.

well i ended up falling asleep and took my temperature, still high (not as high as i thought!) but still no crosshairs :( but i just know i've ovulated! i can feel all of the usual symptoms! i think my opks just didn't catch the surge. or maybe i'm being too positive. i've never skipped o before so i'm a little bit stressed.
okay so how about this question.. at the beginning of this cycle, i had spotting for two days.. and then AF came full force. did those two days count as days 1 and 2 of my cycle? i normally don't spot, so i've never had this problem before, but could i actually be on cd15 instead of 17? (i think that's what day i'm on..)

well i've gone ahead and added the spotting onto ff and god bless me i guess i'm on cd18. wow. anyways, i'm pretty sure i must have o'd cd13 or 14 since that's where i'm seeing the jump (check it out and see if you agree?) and i didn't use opks those days.. so that would make me 4dpo. or 5. i'm going to go with 4. i think this cycle is going to be a bust ladies :( this is the most confused i've been with my body since starting ttc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->