Sperm Meets Egg Plan Chatter thread!

Hi all!!

another BD session for me tonight

CM is milky watery so just waiting to see if I get any EWCM as I don't usually get it. Having lots of ov pains today so my eggy will be popping in the next two days! woo!!

Going swimming tonight with OH before dinner and will bd later on but I don't know if that's a bad idea in case it washes away my CM??

Wantingagirl - for regular cycles you can take up to 6 tablets a day (3000mg) but for ttc I think its recommended to take 1000mg i.e. two tablets with breakfast!

xx

cool thanks Ness - I dont think it would affect as spermies already secure to catch that egg I think it would only make a diff if you went swimming straight after the deed

thanks hunny! Just worried it will dry up my CM ready for :sex: tonight xx

Morning girls :flower:

I don't spose swimming will make a difference Ness because the pool water doesn't get up there and swirl about I spose?? Atleast I hope not with all that chlorine!

Well bd today is done and so (assuming I'll get my pos opk as normal on cd14) it's one more day off tomorrow then 3 days bd in a row sat, sun and mon! Easy Peasy!!

Right, now ladies, here's a weird question... I often worry about whether I have got enough of or the right sort of CM (who doesn't!) and if I do not get my bfp this month I was thinking of using preseed next cycle. My worry is (and sorry for tmi) that the lead up to sex and sex itself I manage to produce alot of errr natural lubricant iykwim - if I go and add preseed too it I am worried oh will slide off the bloody bed there will be so much fluid squishing about! So not only is that a worry but here's my weird question - does the wetness we produce ourselves when we get all umm excited count as CM??

There, I've said it. Have been thinking of asking this for a few days lol.

Lol well given that its a hole and I'll be in the water I'm sure there'll be plenty of chlorine swilling around up there lol :haha: that's why I'm worried it'll wash my vital CM away!

Lots of women get pregnant without getting 'excited' - a horrible example but rape victims can become pregnant. Some women are unable to get turned on much also so I would say yes it would be enough though ideally you do want more :thumbup: I use conceive+ as a lubricant and there's never an obscene amount of fluid lol

xx

Just had my 21day blood results and it was progesterone 35.0 nmol any one know anything about them ?

Lol well given that its a hole and I'll be in the water I'm sure there'll be plenty of chlorine swilling around up there lol :haha: that's why I'm worried it'll wash my vital CM away!

Lots of women get pregnant without getting 'excited' - a horrible example but rape victims can become pregnant. Some women are unable to get turned on much also so I would say yes it would be enough though ideally you do want more :thumbup: I use conceive+ as a lubricant and there's never an obscene amount of fluid lol

xx

Hi vanessa, I am a gym junkie, swim, run, the lot! I continued to do this all the days while ttc and on all my fertile days. Even went to my normal spin class the night the baby was conceived (according to my scan) as u know I had a mmc at 13 weeks but this was just very bad luck for me. I really think just try and live life as normal as you can. It will happen when its right. (I know this sounds so easy and I should listen to my own blimmin advice!!!) I just know how much we all want to get pregnant and we will. lots of baby dust hun!!!

p.s. the thread is going well. I am day 9 now so my hard work has begun!
xxxx

Ness - I was so wondering the same thing. I had sex the day before I ovulated and went swimming all three days. I was so scared that the chlorine would kill off the sperm.

The only way for the chlorine to kill off your sperm is by actually having sex in the water. THe chemicals can kill the sperm- and dilute it, however there's still a chance the sperm would get past your cervix beforehand- so its not used as a "birth control method" =)

Having sex and then swimming wouldn't affect the lil' swimmers because they would have already made it past your cervix and if you went swimming hours after sex- chances are they have already made it to your fallopian tubes. (The water certaintly won't make it there!) Swim away- but when you are TTC, refrain from having sex IN the water. Go swimming a few hours later and enjoy!
3 years ago

Found the above online, I dont think it would affect it but always wondered too.

Good point too Ness for Gingerwhinger. Im not sure if getting 'excited' counts as fertile CM and I dont even necessarily think you have to see the CM to have it there, sometimes you just cant find it. I am using preseed next month but you just need to guage it from how you feel my hubby nearly fell out of me the last time I used it while ttc! haha so this time will be using less.

Takingforever - Did they say if that was normal?

Just had my 21day blood results and it was progesterone 35.0 nmol any one know anything about them ?

Levels of over 30 nmol/l indicate ovulation. Progesterone levels below this indicate the need for other hormone assays. It is difficult to know from pregnancy states just what happens to this level, as production then appears from other sites like the developing ovum, placental tissues, etc. Sometimes, various ‘progesterones’ can be added in early pregnancy – as an effort to sustain the pregnancy, but their use is somewhat vague.

Read more: Levels of progesterone in ovulation: iVillage

Above info so think from what you said you are ovulating?

Anything above 30 is great! Congratulations! You O'd!!!

Oops, I didn't see that wanting had answered you but still, congratulations!

Welllllll was going to start last night on cd7 but DH came home from ju jitzu a bit sore so I let him off. I guess we will start tomorrow on CD8 as per the plan. He did ask about my 'window', bless him. This was after last month he had a little meltdown about feeling like a sperm factory so I backed right off. I guess the reverse psychology worked!

He even tried to make a little joke and said 'if it's not the window, it's not going indow' LOL
I had to tell him that we need to practice for the window to keep it fresh

:rofl: I remembered you mentioning that last cycle! Poor DH, lmao! I bought my DH zinc vits the other day along with his regular protein shake mix and he looks at them and says 'why do I need this?' I said, 'it's not for you it's for your sperm!!!!' :rofl: He just laughed and said, 'Oh Geez!!!'

I upped the anty this time around. Second cycle using softcups, first cycle of SMEP, first cycle of him taking zinc tablets, he takes mens multi vits, I take a womens prenatal (does wonders for my nails), I drink plenty of water after my OJ in the morning instead of decaf coffee. I exercise moderately and eat plenty of veggies and fruit. I also use opks, keep my hips elevated until I fall asleep. I was concidering getting conceive plus to put in the soft cup before inserting to make sure they have a friendly swimming enviroment, but I am unsure because I do make sufficent amounts of CM. :shrug: I don't know what else I can try without actually going in to see the RE. I figure I will make my RE appt (got referred 2 cycles prior) in June to 'try' and plan for a spring baby, but we will see....Does anyone have any info/ideas to up the sperm count and motility....he aldready takes vits and I heard of something called CO10Q....not sure if that is right, but something like that.....

Oh well ladies, off to gentle yoga shortly and then some weights and light cardio....

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

HONEYBEE! :cry:

I was hoping for a honeymoon baby for you too! Like you said, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, put a fake smile on your face and prepare for this cycle!

:flow:

DD told me today in the car that she thinks her baby is in my tummy. Oh how I hope she's right!

i hope she is too! i was so upset yesterday, i got a fortune cookie and though oh, i hope this will apply to me getting pregnant, opened it up and there was nothing in it! horrible, i almost cried. no fortune! but then i got to thinking.. maybe it's good luck to get a fortune cookie with no fortune?! like it's good luck when a bird poops on you? i hope that's the case.

It was too funny. She told me later on that her girl baby would come out first and then her boy baby would come out next. That then started a conversation on how she came out of my tummy. I had an emergency c-section with her so it was a pretty easy conversation, she's only going to be 4 in April-didn't want to scare her too badly.

It's funny what you read into when TTC, everything is related to having that baby.

Welllllll was going to start last night on cd7 but DH came home from ju jitzu a bit sore so I let him off. I guess we will start tomorrow on CD8 as per the plan. He did ask about my 'window', bless him. This was after last month he had a little meltdown about feeling like a sperm factory so I backed right off. I guess the reverse psychology worked!

He even tried to make a little joke and said 'if it's not the window, it's not going indow' LOL
I had to tell him that we need to practice for the window to keep it fresh

:rofl: I remembered you mentioning that last cycle! Poor DH, lmao! I bought my DH zinc vits the other day along with his regular protein shake mix and he looks at them and says 'why do I need this?' I said, 'it's not for you it's for your sperm!!!!' :rofl: He just laughed and said, 'Oh Geez!!!'

I upped the anty this time around. Second cycle using softcups, first cycle of SMEP, first cycle of him taking zinc tablets, he takes mens multi vits, I take a womens prenatal (does wonders for my nails), I drink plenty of water after my OJ in the morning instead of decaf coffee. I exercise moderately and eat plenty of veggies and fruit. I also use opks, keep my hips elevated until I fall asleep. I was concidering getting conceive plus to put in the soft cup before inserting to make sure they have a friendly swimming enviroment, but I am unsure because I do make sufficent amounts of CM. :shrug: I don't know what else I can try without actually going in to see the RE. I figure I will make my RE appt (got referred 2 cycles prior) in June to 'try' and plan for a spring baby, but we will see....Does anyone have any info/ideas to up the sperm count and motility....he aldready takes vits and I heard of something called CO10Q....not sure if that is right, but something like that.....

Oh well ladies, off to gentle yoga shortly and then some weights and light cardio....

DH is taking Zinc this cycle too. Zinc is also helpful for female fertility. I was taking it last cycle but it upset my stomach to the point of dry heaving so I quit taking it. Doesn't bother DH though. Co Enzyme Q10 is good for "hardiness" of the sperm. The suggested dose is 200mg daily. Also, 1000mg of Vitamin C daily has been proven to have significant effects on fertility for men and women.

DD told me today in the car that she thinks her baby is in my tummy. Oh how I hope she's right!

i hope she is too! i was so upset yesterday, i got a fortune cookie and though oh, i hope this will apply to me getting pregnant, opened it up and there was nothing in it! horrible, i almost cried. no fortune! but then i got to thinking.. maybe it's good luck to get a fortune cookie with no fortune?! like it's good luck when a bird poops on you? i hope that's the case.

It was too funny. She told me later on that her girl baby would come out first and then her boy baby would come out next. That then started a conversation on how she came out of my tummy. I had an emergency c-section with her so it was a pretty easy conversation, she's only going to be 4 in April-didn't want to scare her too badly.

It's funny what you read into when TTC, everything is related to having that baby.

aww how sweet and hope she is right that you get a baby!

Good Luck to everyone else FX

xx

Hi vanessa, I am a gym junkie, swim, run, the lot! I continued to do this all the days while ttc and on all my fertile days. Even went to my normal spin class the night the baby was conceived (according to my scan) as u know I had a mmc at 13 weeks but this was just very bad luck for me. I really think just try and live life as normal as you can. It will happen when its right. (I know this sounds so easy and I should listen to my own blimmin advice!!!) I just know how much we all want to get pregnant and we will. lots of baby dust hun!!!

p.s. the thread is going well. I am day 9 now so my hard work has begun!
xxxx

thank you hun!!

yes I remember reading about your mc it was very sad sweetie :hugs:

Thank you for the babydust :flower: we use conceive+ too -

I might actually ask OH if we can go swimming on Sunday so my fertilie period is over with, I know it's silly I just feel scared to get rid of my CM lol a friend on another thread suggested popping in a softcup before we go swimming to stop any water getting up near my cervix, that way I could maintain as much of my CM as possible....

xx

Ness - I was so wondering the same thing. I had sex the day before I ovulated and went swimming all three days. I was so scared that the chlorine would kill off the sperm.

The only way for the chlorine to kill off your sperm is by actually having sex in the water. THe chemicals can kill the sperm- and dilute it, however there's still a chance the sperm would get past your cervix beforehand- so its not used as a "birth control method" =)

Having sex and then swimming wouldn't affect the lil' swimmers because they would have already made it past your cervix and if you went swimming hours after sex- chances are they have already made it to your fallopian tubes. (The water certaintly won't make it there!) Swim away- but when you are TTC, refrain from having sex IN the water. Go swimming a few hours later and enjoy!
3 years ago

Found the above online, I dont think it would affect it but always wondered too.

Good point too Ness for Gingerwhinger. Im not sure if getting 'excited' counts as fertile CM and I dont even necessarily think you have to see the CM to have it there, sometimes you just cant find it. I am using preseed next month but you just need to guage it from how you feel my hubby nearly fell out of me the last time I used it while ttc! haha so this time will be using less.

thanks sweetie yeah we defo won't be having sex in the pool - it's a public swimming pool so we'd get arrested :rofl:

we would be having sex later tonight rather than before sex x

3 years ago

thanks sweetie yeah we defo won't be having sex in the pool - it's a public swimming pool so we'd get arrested :rofl:

we would be having sex later tonight rather than before sex x

hehe.... no I didnt mean that was just showing you a post that only way could harm was having sex in the pool so you were fine. Yeah figured you were bedding tonite so swimming then bedding but I would be the same as you I would ask him to change the day just incase lol..... but softcups is a good idea never thought of that. How on earth did these people get pregnant by mistake is beyond me!!

ha ha yeah I was just pulling your leg :haha:

Yeah I spoke to OH just now and asked if he minded that we wait until I've finished ovulating before we go swimming. He said that this ovulation business was a bit of a pain lol - i felt guilty but said that it was important to have good CM (men don't understand stuff like that do they lol?!) and that we would defo go on Sunday

x

ha ha yeah I was just pulling your leg :haha:

Yeah I spoke to OH just now and asked if he minded that we wait until I've finished ovulating before we go swimming. He said that this ovulation business was a bit of a pain lol - i felt guilty but said that it was important to have good CM (men don't understand stuff like that do they lol?!) and that we would defo go on Sunday

x

hehe.... I got that impression thankfully this time. Im getting to know your sense of humour now. Nah my man is exactly the same and would prefer not to talk about it at all costs. They just think yay sex gets you pregnant and you dont need to do anything else. If i explained to my DH about fertile mucus he would say what the hell is that :haha: At the end of the day its only a couple of days at of a whole month, well thats the way I try and explain it to him anyway. Just a question, does your OH drink or did he stop that? I mentioned that to my DH and he looked like he been told some really bad news lol.... Needless to say he moderately drinks but has cut down a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->