Sperm Meets Egg Plan Chatter thread!

Also being doing some research and working on a cycle avv lasting between 25-28days i should ovulate/be fertile between cycle days 10-15
so my question is with a span of poss 5days where ov could happen when do i do saliva tests?
really want a cbopk but funds are tight nearlly holiday time

noo they are not rubbish :D just a bit complicated i suppose itslike looking at the darkness of lines on opks u need to look for the 'ferning' shape in the cells which sometimes might be hard to dertimine. and easier / harder for different people.....

i think you test your saliva every day until you see the 'ferning' which means your going to ovulate... but you said check between cycle day 10-15 be careful i have a regular 28 day cycle and this is my first month using opks. i nearly stopped at cd15 / 16 as i thought they wernt working... in the end i did one on i think it was about cd17 or 18 and i ovulated!!!!!!!!

xx

still dont know if my cycles are settled yet as only 3rd sice coming off bcp
think i may be striving for a 28 day
had 25,26 and now 27 this month
not even sure if i am ovulating used opks first cycle and got some faint lines didnt bother this one though

Morning all how is everyone doing???

Missy - Cant wait for you to test the (.)(.) are a good sign as is the CM. I had LOTS of creamy off white/snotty CM where as i am normally a bit dry when AF is due. Sending lots of :dust: your way. xx

AFM - Temps have gone up a tiny bit but still below the cover line, CP is still high and open with EWCM so i dont think i have OVed yet which is a good job as DH is 'not in the mood'! Really they have one job to do in all this and they seem to struggle to do that . . . Anyone else DH go on strike right when you need them? Run out of OPKs so just having to go on temps now and see what happens.

:hug: to all xxx

Ale, if you have it right up against your cervix, that can cause cramping.

i dont know where my cervix is??!! lol so im not sure if im putting it in right or not:cry:

i got 23 very pos opks yesterday,,, how many days do i need to bd for, xxx

ale..... if you put your fingers up there you can feel your cervix it is usually not hard to reach and you will know when you feel it.....it will feel hard in comparision to everything else up there.

Ale-If you insert your fingers into your vagina and bear down just a bit, something hard should bump into them. That's your cervix. It will feel round with an indentation in the middle. Don't mess too much though, you can irritate your cervix or make it bleed.

oh gosh im nerveous to do that! i tried before and didnt feel anything! I just kept going in and going in and i was like forget it! i dont know what im looking for! AND i was scared to look for it since my nurse said it was facing downwards? dont know what that mean...

Ale - not really sure. Maybe if it's facing downwards it's facing more towards the wall. Do u feel anything when you try?

Keepsmiling I read your first post and was like whoa! 23! That's a bad poas addict! Lol.

Missy of course it can happen for you and it will. I know what you mean though. It feels sureall. X

do you mean do i feel anything when i have sex?

do you mean do i feel anything when i have sex?

Ale, you can't really feel the cervix when you have sex but I never really felt my cervix until I started all this TTC. I can tell you that all cervix feel like a mini donut. Yes!!! They are shaped like a mini donut and if you put 2 fingers inside and push a little back you will come to the end of your vagina and there you will feel your cervix. It actually has walls too, a bit like a mound in a field. I wish I could draw a diagram for you but all I can say is it feels like a donut and has a little hole in the middle. You will know when you get to it because you cannot go further. If you try to go further you will go behind is and you would be bearing BACK and UP which is where the seminal pool is (This is were the sperms sit and wait whilst climbing the walls of your cervix to get up the hole). I hope this helps.

If you just relax and push upwards and backwards you should definately find it. If you don't get your OH to do it and I bet he can feel this. GL! :thumbup:

Very clinical I know but I got my OH to check out my cervix once as I had a bump on it, turned out to be nothing in the end after a quick check up from my gyno. He said the cervix has a posterior and an anterior lip and it was just that my anterior lip sits more forwards that the posterior. Also I had twins so this can change the formation of your cervix and it heals in the shape of a puckered mouth afterwards.
xx:flower:

thanks for the reply missy! iM just a little wirded out about putting my fingers in there. everytime i do it feels nasty and i just feel weird! my OH has big fingers so it hurts when he does it!! lol im going to try againt today...:kiss:

thanks for the reply missy! iM just a little wirded out about putting my fingers in there. everytime i do it feels nasty and i just feel weird! my OH has big fingers so it hurts when he does it!! lol im going to try againt today...:kiss:

Awww don't feel it's awful, it's just you! Only your body. I think you should just relax about it and it really is a very natural thing. There is nothing bad or nasty about it. Have a wee glass of wine and then try it again. One of the best ways to do this is maybe in the bath also. :thumbup::flower:

i just felt it missy!!! i felt the little hole too :blush:.... ok its soft and im cd 7

i just felt it missy!!! i felt the little hole too :blush:.... ok its soft and im cd 7

Great!! hehe. I know that it is supposed to be low and hard (almost like the tip of your nose) when you are not at ovulation stage. As ovulation approaches the cervix starts to go higher but the hole opens ever so slightly until ovulation happens, this is when the cervix goes very soft (almost like touching your lips). Hope this helps x:thumbup:

If you are on cd7 I would think that it would actually be at the low and hard stage. Because you have never felt your cervix before I would say that you have no comparison really. It may feel soft to you but you haven't felt it when you ovulate. There can be a difference. Only slight but there is. I have felt this difference and it is there but very slight. It always feels soft because it is full of blood vessels and it is well lubricated with all your cm etc etc. But I bet when you actually ovulate it would feel even softer but you won't really notice this yet because you haven't felt it or compared it before lol. Ok, how long is your cycle approx usually? x

Great!! hehe. I know that it is supposed to be low and hard (almost like the tip of your nose) when you are not at ovulation stage. As ovulation approaches the cervix starts to go higher but the hole opens ever so slightly until ovulation happens, this is when the cervix goes very soft (almost like touching your lips). Hope this helps x:thumbup:

ok well, how do i know the position?? Like to hole was in the middle, it was soft, and when i pushed in the hole, it felt a little open? AF started may 6, medium flow, may 7 medium flow, may 8 light, may 9 spotting, BD that night and had EWCM that was stretchy?? After BD was spotting a little, no spotting during BD though.. Next day a tiny bit of blood, the next day was gone, and today nothing again, watery cm.. and its soft... I have been dry fore the past months and i finally had EWCM but ad cd5?? what could this mean? Last month i ovulated at cd 21-23?

If you are on cd7 I would think that it would actually be at the low and hard stage. Because you have never felt your cervix before I would say that you have no comparison really. It may feel soft to you but you haven't felt it when you ovulate. There can be a difference. Only slight but there is. I have felt this difference and it is there but very slight. It always feels soft because it is full of blood vessels and it is well lubricated with all your cm etc etc. But I bet when you actually ovulate it would feel even softer but you won't really notice this yet because you haven't felt it or compared it before lol. Ok, how long is your cycle approx usually? x

im not sure!! last month was 35 days, month before that was 40, month before that was crazy, had vaginal infection so i was bleeding all over the place so im not sure. Oct. , nov. and dec. where 28 days... so i can really tell you.. i just started charting last month

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->