Sperm Meets Egg Plan Chatter thread!

i have a ? ladies. since DH and i don't see each other a lot do you think that poses a problem? i've always wondered. he doesn't get a lot of free time to... :blush: "relieve himself" because they live in six man bays..so do you think him having to save it up is bad?

Question about SMEP -- and hope it's not a dumb one!

Why start BD'ing on CD8? It seems so early... do you think it'd be ok if we start in earnest on CD10, if I regularly ovulate on CD 14/15??

I think part of it is so DH can...er,...*unload* regularly to stimulate production. I have read that you should not go more than a few days even after ov.

I agree. In theory Ive heard that your DH shouldn't go more than 4 days without releasing :spermy: although that doesnt necessarily mean :sex:

As I dont O until much later, around CD 18/19 at the moment last cycle we waited until CD12 before we started. We still had 12, 14, 16, 18, 19, 20, 22 so I think that was enough :spermy: waiting around inside incase I O'd early. We've just found it the SMEP too exhausting otherwise. I know that sounds pathetic, but it really does get too much. Think this will be our last month on SMEP then Im moving on to something less prescriptive!

i have a ? ladies. since DH and i don't see each other a lot do you think that poses a problem? i've always wondered. he doesn't get a lot of free time to... :blush: "relieve himself" because they live in six man bays..so do you think him having to save it up is bad?

Think our posts crossed... Ive read (and you know how dangerous reading too much on the internet is, so please take with a pinch of salt) that he should release his :spermy: every 4 days so that everything is fresh and new. They start getting old, tired and having mobility problems after then.

i guess i'm going to have to talk him into finding a corner or getting in the shower room before everyone, :haha: before i see him.

Brillbride I really hope so, yeah you, myself and New Mummy all have this cycle predictions for BFP Im really keeping my FX and hoping we can all be bump buddies soon I cant wait!!! Yeah its hard the last time we both started trying at the same time and she got pregnant first month and it took me 12 months!!! :hugs: hun

Liana hun, I dont think it will be a problem as long as when he comes home he unloads and you are then DTD at least every other day til ovulation although I dont think it will be an issue hehe....
The thing is hun even if he has been keeping it in for months when you DTD it will become fresh as you will be bedding when he is home. I think its only if you were :sex: once a week or something unless Im wrong hmm Im not sure xxx

Hun, I think if he can release a just couple of times before seeing you it should be fine, that will get the fresh ones multiplying and get rid of the old ones, and don't worry about the rest of the time. Just the lead up.

Question about SMEP -- and hope it's not a dumb one!

Why start BD'ing on CD8? It seems so early... do you think it'd be ok if we start in earnest on CD10, if I regularly ovulate on CD 14/15??

That should be fine, but as ttc said the sperm are waiting around for the egg. I usually o on day 15/15 but this month Oed on day 11! Wth?! Dh was away so we didn't get any bd in anyway, but next cycle we will be starting early just in case it happens again.

thanks a lot wanting, soph, waitng, and keepsmiling! :thumbup: i will talk to DH and see what we can figure out..hehe :)

Brillbride I really hope so, yeah you, myself and New Mummy all have this cycle predictions for BFP Im really keeping my FX and hoping we can all be bump buddies soon I cant wait!!! Yeah its hard the last time we both started trying at the same time and she got pregnant first month and it took me 12 months!!! :hugs: hun

Liana hun, I dont think it will be a problem as long as when he comes home he unloads and you are then DTD at least every other day til ovulation although I dont think it will be an issue hehe....
The thing is hun even if he has been keeping it in for months when you DTD it will become fresh as you will be bedding when he is home. I think its only if you were :sex: once a week or something unless Im wrong hmm Im not sure xxx

Yay to JUNE :bfp::happydance::dust:
lots of PMA for this month now girls was feeling low over weekend but started to cheer up now:happydance:MY FRIEND DREAMT I AM GOING TO HAVE A BABY BOY NEXT SPRING!! she didnt even know we were ttc lol she told me on friday took me while to work out that its the same as jenny's prediction
TEAM JUNE :bfp:

I have a question with a TMI warning at the beginnning!!

We've been trying to do the SMEP plan this month but it's driving me up the wall because we want sex more often than it allows. So my rationalisation when I talked to DH about it was that as long as it all goes in me, surely it doesn't matter if there's a bit less in each load? It's still the same amount in total, just spread out over more occasions. Any thoughts?

Hurry!!!! YAY!!!!!! BFP's in progress which means I have bump buddies on the way!!!!

I have a question with a TMI warning at the beginnning!!

We've been trying to do the SMEP plan this month but it's driving me up the wall because we want sex more often than it allows. So my rationalisation when I talked to DH about it was that as long as it all goes in me, surely it doesn't matter if there's a bit less in each load? It's still the same amount in total, just spread out over more occasions. Any thoughts?

Ellieb- as frustrating as it may seem you want to follow the plan to a T because it allows for the quality of sperm to build back up. Also if (TMI) you are accustomed to oral sex you need to refrain during your fertile period as saliva kills sperm. This plan will only work if you follow it as closely as possible and from what you are saying you are currently NTNP.

Thanks for your advice ttcstill.

We've been ttc since Jan 09 but had to stop for ages so I could have surgery a couple of times for endo. We're trying to take a fairly relaxed approach to it at the moment because I don't want the fun to go out of it - we had years of not being able to enjoy sex due to endo and it's important to me that we enjoy everything being in working order. Thanks for mentioning the oral sex thing - I had already heard about the saliva thing so we just refrain from that around the fertile period.

I'm on CD2, the :witch: got me yesterday morning.

We're really going to go for it this month with the SMEP, we mucked up last month coz DH was ill, but hopefully this month we'll be able to :sex: on all the right days.

I've just ordered my opks for the month, I've also ordered a ferning microscope thingy and some 10miu hpts,

I can't believe it's still a looooong 6 days until :sex: starts!

Ph just one question - how many times a day do you dip your opks, I've only been doing it once at about 2pm, should I do it again slightly later? I really don't want to miss the big days this month.

When I was still trying I started my opk's on cd 10 and just tested once on cd 10 & 11 then I started doing 2 times a day on cd 12 & 13 then 3 times a day there after!

Hi ladies how is everyone?
hey wanting what cycle day are you on now?
AFM witch packed up yesterday yay...hopefully for 9 months now fx'ed
got digi ovulation clearblue kit, ic's saliva microscope and bundles of PMA!!
Hi tammy hope your well has anyone heard from arein??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->