• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sperm Meets Egg Plan Chatter thread!

Can I join too please? second month on SMEP. Im going to carry on this next cycle if AF arrives and softcups and preseed but hope I dont need to!!!

Omg im going to jump in ladies im using the smep and supposed to ov today! But its thread is full of april b days b/c mine is the 5th and im due for a bfp (being positive) on the 31st and ill test that day! Im keeping my fingers crossed for the lucky april birthday thread lol

It will indeed be a very happy birthday to us. Here's more :dust: for luck.

Hi ladies. Im not very big with charting but since I get the normal 28 CD, I would assume that the 14th day is the ov day. I just get confused with the 1st day of AF. Pls help if anyone is familiar. Is it considered 1st day of AF when u start getting light brown spotting? Or is it the day when the red and heavy AF shows? This may have somewhat messed up my TTC journey and it has probably made me fail TTC each month. Any insights will be greatly appreciated. :dust:to all. :)

Hi hun

I have a 27 day cycle - I always assumed I had a 28 day cycle!

but if you come on on "CD28" that is actually CD1 - so you will have a 27 day cycle and your luteal phase would be 13 days.

I use opk's and I start using them on CD10 at three different times per day (but the same times every day when I do the opk's). So I do them at 12pm, 3pm and 7pm as the surge can be missed otherwise. The test line on an opk must be either as dark as or darker than the control line for it to be a positive. Once you have that positive you will usually ovulate in the next 12-36 hours.

I get my opk's from Access Diagnostics, Home Health UK or Wilkinsons :thumbup:

Hi hun

I have a 27 day cycle - I always assumed I had a 28 day cycle!

but if you come on on "CD28" that is actually CD1 - so you will have a 27 day cycle and your luteal phase would be 13 days.

I use opk's and I start using them on CD10 at three different times per day (but the same times every day when I do the opk's). So I do them at 12pm, 3pm and 7pm as the surge can be missed otherwise. The test line on an opk must be either as dark as or darker than the control line for it to be a positive. Once you have that positive you will usually ovulate in the next 12-36 hours.

I get my opk's from Access Diagnostics, Home Health UK or Wilkinsons :thumbup:

Hi Nessicle. Thanks for the advise. Will keep that in mind. Ill start using OPKs as well. Hope I wont get too addicted though as I tend to. :)

A normal LP is considered 12-16 days. You could O on CD 16 and have a 12 day LP or you could O on CD 12 and have a 16 day LP (or any variation thereof) if you have a 28 day cycle. The LP is not always half of the entire cycle length. If your LP is shorter than this 12-16 day norm, it could be the sign of a hormonal imbalance and could be the cause for infertility.

how are y'all doing? got into a huge fight with OH last night and ALMOST didn't bd, but then i thought i didn't want to ruin the plan! so i went ahead and made up with him and i've got my softcup in, taking it out in about an hour.
AND :happydance: I GOT MY PRESEED TODAY! not bd'ing tonight unfortunately, because smep says not to, but i am SO excited to use it! told OH i got a fun new toy for us to try, hahaha!
about 5 more days till O, can't wait to get into the 2ww. i hate waiting to o, it takes so much longer imo.

hi everyone, i think me and dh are going to try SMEP this cycle as we dtd every day leading up to o last month and it didnt work so this is worth a try, I'm not sure when I will be testing though because my cycles are slightly irregular so will have to update once I o. Good luck everyone x

We are :sex: tonight, tomorrow and Thurs. Took an OPK this morning but it was negative but my temperature dipped this morning and my CM is pretty watery (sorry tmi)... and I've been having very light like AF cramps this afternoon...anyone else have those right around OV??

How exciting! It was good of you to make up with him, I'm usually the one who is like ":hissy:F it, I don't want to make up"! And then I kick myself later.
I want my Pre-Seed!!!

We are :sex: tonight, tomorrow and Thurs. Took an OPK this morning but it was negative but my temperature dipped this morning and my CM is pretty watery (sorry tmi)... and I've been having very light like AF cramps this afternoon...anyone else have those right around OV??

yeah, i always know exactly when i'm o'ing because they start out light and then get bad, like AF cramps.

Where do you live in Illinois?! I just have the O pain then cramping up until AF shows on and off.

How exciting! It was good of you to make up with him, I'm usually the one who is like ":hissy:F it, I don't want to make up"! And then I kick myself later.
I want my Pre-Seed!!!

haha! i was screaming and washing dishes, it was a very loud fight, then i laid down for a few hours and decided that if this cycle ended up being a bust, i would blame it entirely on skipping that night, even if it's unrealistic. i'll make up with the jerk to save some of my sanity :haha:

HAHAHA! Sounds like my house! But I know what you mean, I blame not getting my BFP last month on the night we skipped because I was mad. :blush: Irrational thinking but I've decided my sanity went out the window with my fertility.

Where do you live in Illinois?! I just have the O pain then cramping up until AF shows on and off.

I'm in Chicago...where are you? Nice having a fellow Illini on here :) I've never noticed having cramping before so maybe thats a good sign?

I live in Macon, it's about 17 miles south of Decatur? I saw Illinois and I got excited! Seems like most of the girls are in the UK.
Cramping could be a great sign if it's something unusual for you. I try not to be a symptom spotter but most of the time, I can't help it.

I have a friend whose family lives in Decatur, so I know about where you are, Nice to meet you. :wave:

Yeah same here w/ symptom spotting.....TTC is taking over my life!!

QUESTION!!!

so i bd'd last night which was cd9. i did not bd on cd 8. should i skip tonight? or bd tonight to match up with the plan?!! i usually o on cd 15 so i thought bd'ing on cd9 would be okay but i'm not sure now! let me know before 8:00 tonight or i'll be going nuts trying to decide on my own!

I would say do every other night like the plan calls for so cd 9, cd 11, cd 13 until you get your pos OPK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->