• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sperm Meets Egg Plan Chatter thread!

Wow this thread has really took off :) Im glad there are alot of girls here i can talk to who are in the same situation as me :)
Im a couple of days past ov and am not symptom spotting this month :haha: say it every month but this month has been more relaxed esp with the SMEP ill be suprised if i get my bfp esp with so little :sex: compared to other months :dust: to all x

Wow this thread has really took off :) Im glad there are alot of girls here i can talk to who are in the same situation as me :)
Im a couple of days past ov and am not symptom spotting this month :haha: say it every month but this month has been more relaxed esp with the SMEP ill be suprised if i get my bfp esp with so little :sex: compared to other months :dust: to all x

that's the beauty of it! really, before smep i bd every single day if not twice a day almost all of the cycle, but there is only a 24 hour period when you can get pregnant! personally, it's taken alot of stress out of me and oh. i can say indefinetely that i will be staying on this plan, even if it doesn't work this cycle. usually right before o i am completely stressed out trying to get as much bding in as possible, but it's so much easier this way. love itttt :)

Hi,

Can you add me in too please testing date 8th April. Second month trying SMEP

Forgot to say....can you pop me down for the 3rd April please?

that's the beauty of it! really, before smep i bd every single day if not twice a day almost all of the cycle, but there is only a 24 hour period when you can get pregnant! personally, it's taken alot of stress out of me and oh. i can say indefinetely that i will be staying on this plan, even if it doesn't work this cycle. usually right before o i am completely stressed out trying to get as much bding in as possible, but it's so much easier this way. love itttt :)

yeah i agree the pressure has gone this month usually we bd everyday sometimes everyother and its just added pressure we dont need :)
and same here even if i dont get my bfp i will definatly try it again next month :happydance:

Defo agree with there being less pressure!!

Me and OH bd'd on Tuesday night this week, will bd tonight and Sunday and then Tuesday which will be CD11. Then will bd CD13, 14 and 15 just once each day then CD17 for that extra shot!

Hoping the small amount of sex leading up to ov then bd'ing CD11 and CD13 will ensure there's a nice fresh healthy supply of sperm! I feel like this is not going to be enough though - do you think CD11, 13, 14 and 15 will be ok?

Defo agree with there being less pressure!!

Me and OH bd'd on Tuesday night this week, will bd tonight and Sunday and then Tuesday which will be CD11. Then will bd CD13, 14 and 15 just once each day then CD17 for that extra shot!

Hoping the small amount of sex leading up to ov then bd'ing CD11 and CD13 will ensure there's a nice fresh healthy supply of sperm! I feel like this is not going to be enough though - do you think CD11, 13, 14 and 15 will be ok?

I did the SMEP last year (I got pregnant first month) sadly I had a mmc in January but I am feeling positive about trying again this cycle!!
x

Thank you Stardust for the reassurance! So sorry to hear of your loss though :hugs: xx

I hope you get a sticky bean this cycle!

Thank you Stardust for the reassurance! So sorry to hear of your loss though :hugs: xx

I hope you get a sticky bean this cycle!

Thanks Nessicle, me too!! its been 8 weeks since my loss and I feel so ready now. 2 normal AF's and excited for all of us! so many SMEP and April testers!

Even if i don't get mine this quick, I will be so happy for everyone who gets the :bfp:

Aww bless you! Glad you have had two normal AF's - you will probably be quite fertile now as you've gotten pregnant recently so FX for you that you get your bfp this cycle!

I'm on my 3rd cycle ttc and while I know it's not long in terms of trying, I still don't feel too positive that I will get my bfp this cycle!

I was temping last cycle and it was just too focussed and sometimes I think that can work against us! We also bd'd every single day up to CD17 last cycle and bd'd twice on CD15 so think that may have worked against us!

I'm using opk's starting from CD10 on Monday and softcups for CD11, 13, 14 and 15 after I've laid with legs in the air for 30 mins! Using conceive+ for lube too!

gosh I'm sooo hoping it's my turn this month!

Aww bless you! Glad you have had two normal AF's - you will probably be quite fertile now as you've gotten pregnant recently so FX for you that you get your bfp this cycle!

I'm on my 3rd cycle ttc and while I know it's not long in terms of trying, I still don't feel too positive that I will get my bfp this cycle!

I was temping last cycle and it was just too focussed and sometimes I think that can work against us! We also bd'd every single day up to CD17 last cycle and bd'd twice on CD15 so think that may have worked against us!

I'm using opk's starting from CD10 on Monday and softcups for CD11, 13, 14 and 15 after I've laid with legs in the air for 30 mins! Using conceive+ for lube too!

gosh I'm sooo hoping it's my turn this month!

I seem to ovulate quite late (around 18/19) and if I hadnt used opk I would never have really known. I dont temp or use anything else. Just the laying with the legs in the air LOL. TMI!!! but it worked and I think everyone is different! I am just doing the SMEP again with the OPK. Worked before so being positive.

This plan will make you more relaxed and remember, it really does only take ONE sperm!!! that is what I tell myself now. x

I will be keeping my eye out for you now, I will be seeing your BFP soon :happydance:

+ OPK for me today so as we had a night off BDing last night I think we are going to go for it tonight, Friday and Saturday, Sunday off then one last time on Monday. Does that sound right?

Thank you Stardust!! Hoping by laying with legs in the air for 30 mins or so after sex (how long did you lay like that??) then popping in a softcup to stop any leakage it will help!

Yeah you're right one spermy is all it takes!

Thank you for the PMA :hugs: xx

Heeey all I'm doing this this month, hope it works. I'll be due AF on april 2nd.

We've bd on sunday, tuesday, tonight (hehe), I ov on saturday so gonna bd sat sun and mon?

Legs in the air for about 30-45 mins. Always with plenty of entertainment (magazine, remote control, snacks LOL) we both laugh about it and I even had my laptop but nearly dropped it on my head. I have realised I am very flexible though.

Hey girls,

I'm going to join you on this plan this month. Month 2 ttc for me, armed and dangerous with new CBFM, conceive +, both taking pregancare conceive for him and her and also temping. Am thinking now about the softcups altho am not sure about that...

Last month BD on 14,15,16,17 of a 28 day cycle and BFN. Ovulation pains from day 15 and friend of mine suggested OV test kit so ran out and bought one on day 16 and got a + straight away... so either i missed the window (the surge can be in your system up to 48 hours) which could have been anywhere from day 13 or I didn't BD late enough.

What do you think girls... I guess we'll never know... Am hoping with full cycle monitoring through the CBFM and the SMEP we can crack it this month.

Good luck to all on the thread and here's hoping for our April BFPs!

Please add me to the testing date of 11th April.

Baby dust to all x x x x x

welcome cupcake!

I think you would only see the surge on an opk once or twice on the same day but after that the surge has gone and the egg will be being released/have been released - after the surge (for me CD14) the egg is released between 12-36 hours, a +opk is only when the test line is as dark as or darker than the control line. A line in general wouldnt indicate a +opk.

You sound like you bd'd on all the right days though hun!

Me and OH bd'd every single day to CD17 and I still got a bfn so hence me giving this plan a try! I'll try anything lol cycle 3 for me hoping it won't take me longer than this cycle but suppose I can't control it hey?!

Good luck! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"