Sperm Meets Egg Plan Chatter thread!

I am so bummed I really thought I had it...... but my temps have dropped the last few days....... what do u all think?

It's pretty early to tell actually. It could be an implantation dip if your temps go back up. But at only 10 DPO, it really would be hard to tell. That would only give you a 10 day LP if AF came tomorrow. A short LP can be a sign of hormonal imbalance and can be a cause of infertility.

ttcstill - Temps can be affected by so many things!!! It could be implantation (which could also explain the light spotting you had). PMA goes a loooong way...and FXd for you hon!

Squirrel - we can be test buddies until we BECOME (PMA!) bump buddies!

ttcstill - Temps can be affected by so many things!!! It could be implantation (which could also explain the light spotting you had). PMA goes a loooong way...and FXd for you hon!

I have not had any spotting.

I am so bummed I really thought I had it...... but my temps have dropped the last few days....... what do u all think?

It's pretty early to tell actually. It could be an implantation dip if your temps go back up. But at only 10 DPO, it really would be hard to tell. That would only give you a 10 day LP if AF came tomorrow. A short LP can be a sign of hormonal imbalance and can be a cause of infertility.

Since I have 5 children. i am almost certain I'm not having fertility issues........ and af is not due til Saturday

Were you on any birth control since your last child? I trust that you aren't having fertility issues but I'm just saying that at only 10 DPO, your temp most likely isn't dropping due to a your progesterone decreasing.

Ok, so you have a 28 day cycle? If your temps stay elevated Friday and Saturday that is a very good sign. The two lower temps for the last two days for you could be implantation.

Sorry, don't know why I got confused. You had faint lines. Anyhow, I wouldn't call it yet!

Did you chart with your other babies?

I just have to tell you ladies the funniest thing. I told DH that I'd read that being around babies is meant to help fertility. We had a little chuckle...

Staying with the in-laws over easter, we went out for a big family meal. He passed me his 14 month old niece for a cuddle. After a couple of minutes I saw him looking at me expectantly. I asked him what was wrong, and he said 'is it working yet?'

:laugh2:

Bless him, I think he thought my ovaries would be pinging or something. Love him so much. :hugs:

Anyone wonder what effect all this TTC'ing has on our other halves?
I LOVE this!! So cute. :awww: I do wonder the effect this has on our other halves...never heard the old wives tale about being around babies helping fertility...I hope that's true!

Sorry, don't know why I got confused. You had faint lines. Anyhow, I wouldn't call it yet!

No I just got pregnant if the wind blew just right :haha: so I am really hating all this..... but I am almost 34 and don't want to get pregnant after 34 I wouldn't care if my fiance had,children but h3 doesn't and he wanta one so bad

Ladies I need some advice, I am still pretty new to TTC and this is our 4th cycle trying. But it seems the past few months we have had some obstacles in the way (being sick and such). We really want to focus this month and try the SMEP plan. So we will begin BDing on cycle day 8 (right now on cycle day 2) and continue every other night. Then cycle day 10 I am going to test with an OPK. When I get a positive we will BD 3 nights in a row. (Now which OPK is better the ones with the lines or the smiley face?) Then after the 3rd day of BD take a break for a day then do it once more? I just want to make sure I have it right. My other question is, after we have sex should I skip going to the bathroom afterwards? One month I did that everytime and it didn't bother me. I know some women can be prone to UTI's if they do that. I don't seem to have a problem. I would appreciate any advice, sorry if any questions are stupid. I am still learning. :)

Whitbit22 -
Samira - the list is for you to write your name if you're trying the SMEP to calculate the success rate of the girls trying. Pretty cool I think! I'm using the monitor for the first time this month. I backed it up with the OPKs just in case, as I've read it could miss the peak the 1st couple of months. Last night I had my first +OPK, and this morning the monitor showed the little egg (peak fertility)...it was so exciting! So it's working for me.

So far, the SMEP is on to the letter! :D

:dust:

wow thats great that you can measure how accurate your ovulation is working Congratsssssssss as i know its hard to measure sometimes.

Thanks for the heads up, i didnt know that CBFM could miss in the first few months though so thanks for sharing that i will order a few boxes of OPK's too... just in case.

what a great idea for the list i just checked it and so many positives:happydance: gives me hope. I think my OH freaked out when i told him about the SMEP but I showed him the list of names and those it worked for so he changed his tune after that hehe

AreIn, sorry about AF. :hugs:

TTCstill, definitely could be implantation. Only 10dpo, so anything is possible.

Ladies I need some advice, I am still pretty new to TTC and this is our 4th cycle trying. But it seems the past few months we have had some obstacles in the way (being sick and such). We really want to focus this month and try the SMEP plan. So we will begin BDing on cycle day 8 (right now on cycle day 2) and continue every other night. Then cycle day 10 I am going to test with an OPK. When I get a positive we will BD 3 nights in a row. (Now which OPK is better the ones with the lines or the smiley face?) Then after the 3rd day of BD take a break for a day then do it once more? I just want to make sure I have it right. My other question is, after we have sex should I skip going to the bathroom afterwards? One month I did that everytime and it didn't bother me. I know some women can be prone to UTI's if they do that. I don't seem to have a problem. I would appreciate any advice, sorry if any questions are stupid. I am still learning. :)

Yep, you have it right!

This is my first month using OPKs, I just used cheap ones that show the lines and they worked ok - never got a really strong positive but got what I assume was my surge. People seem to really like the smiley face ones, but they are more expensive - up to you!

If you aren't prone to UTI's it should be fine to not go to the bathroom. I actually am prone to UTIs, but have been lying down with hips elevated for about half an hour after BDing, and it hasn't bothered me at all.

Good luck - hope you enjoy the SMEP - me and OH have found it really good to follow, and will definitely do it again next month if no BFP for us this time!

Sorry AreIn, I just read back on the posts

I really hope next month is successful for you.x wishing you all the best.

Also Thank you to everyone for helping me so much

I really like coming onto this site as it is very good to talk about it all openly I have had a lot of people telling me to stop thinking too much about TTC as apparantly this can prevent a baby by stressing and worrying.... But i was trying to explain to them how can I not think about it, when I want it so much its human nature. bt now openly discussing it all really helps.

I am going to sound like a freak here, but after 3 weeks being late and spotting and feling nausea i did think i was pregnant but then I started AF 2 days ago so heavy and bad, (i think the build up to my AF was causing my nausea)

Now I know i am not Preg (heavy AF) but I still feel sick everyday, does anyone ever feel the same and feel their mind is playing tricks on them

Sorry if I sound NUTS:blush:

any ideas what these strange dull pains i are i keep experiencing? not like af pains v strange they are:wacko:

where are they?

hi sorry i vanished last night was very tired, they were coming and going yesterday mostly like tugging feelin they were low down not got it this morning though ,kept feeling quite sharp at times too?:shrug: so sorry the witch is showing hun fx for this cycle :hugs:

No I just got pregnant if the wind blew just right :haha: so I am really hating all this..... but I am almost 34 and don't want to get pregnant after 34 I wouldn't care if my fiance had,children but h3 doesn't and he wanta one so bad

I am the same, had my 4 really easily and now struggling to have this one. I really didnt expct it to take this long....

sorry the witch got you arein....

ttcstill still got time to be a + fx'd for you

Well im off for day out in Eastbourne which should take my mind of this waiting for a bit. See you all later

Have a lovely day x

AREIN- SHE GOT ME TODAY TOO!!! not till 1 or 2 AM, but i was watching out for her..
i swear we're going to be bump buddies. pma. i'm not even bummed about the nasty ole witch because i have a plan of attack for this cycle and we WILL get our bfps this cycle.
so let's talk game plan, let's get excited. you're thinking black cohosh or vit. b? (if you're looking for a longer LP, vit b worked for me, but i didn't o any earlier :()
i've got 2100 mg maca, 1,000 mg vitex, and as much grapefruit juice i can stomach. plus i'm cutting out caffiene. and my aspirin regimen. drinking water, softcups and preseed. i have my eye on the prize here. and thank god i'm excited about adding my two new vit's or i'd be on the floor crying right now.
arein, in 28-31 days we will have our bfps. PERIOD. and we will be bump buddies.

started maca today and already love it, felt so much more energy. the pills stink though. going to get vitex on friday as you're not supposed to take it during AF anyways.
and i went ahead and bought my opks and 2 frer's (used one this morning, when there was just a bit of light spotting, bfn duh.) and the other one i am saving till the witch is late, PERIOD. i am never ever going to buy internet cheapies again. don't know if it was a dud or if i had a chem (i hate to say it, but i'm hoping it was a chem, so at least i know i have the ability to concieve, and my fertility would be higher this cycle) but i will never risk it again. ttcstill, i feel your pain. but you're not out yet.
arein, we're going to be TTC warriors this cycle, and we're going to beat that witch. let her have her fun now. she doesn't know what's coming for her. :gun:

oh and calimom- your baby is already in it's second square in your ticker :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->