• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sperm Meets Egg Plan Chatter thread!

AreIn83 - Jee soo isnt that the way it happens all the time!!?? My sis is pregnant 13 weeks and 3rd month trying its so hard, like you say happy for her but hurts like hell for me

Yeah Nessicle its got to work for us all at some point huh? I think with men they would gladly bed every day but it was getting frustrating and boring for me (if you know what I mean) and I dont want it to get like that. FX for you, lots of BFP xmas babies for us all!! Seems like a very high percentage for SMEP so FX for us all
Aw I know exactly how you feel its soul destroying, we are told all through school that oh my goodness have sex once and bam your pregnant as if that was true and when we are ready it becomes very difficult. My other sis has two kids and got pregnant first shot and my mum got pregnant with us first time and there is five of us. A mate of mine from work too got pregnant by accident and she already has 3, we hear of this all too often. I guess we just need to carry on and glad we all have each other to talk to or I would go insane. We will achieve our goal I just want it to be now

Im glad you managed to convince your OH and hope it happens soon cupcake, my first took me 12 months and thought it would never happen. I guess our time will come I just wish it was now. Good luck for you and everyone. I am on cycle day 9 getting excited about catching an eggy for a xmas baby

Oh hopefully2 good luck to you I really hope this is your month. I always say I wont SS but its so hard. keep us updated!

Hehe... gingerwhinger that made me laugh, yeah men totally dont want to know what is going on just better leaving them in the dark with regards to it, my hubby is the same.

Mamaxm - Yes its weird isnt it doesnt feel so pressured doing SMEP and something to all focus on! Thats very kind of you regarding the tests and yes a break is always good just to relax and not have to think about it for a while but Im sure you will get your BFP before then. :)

FX and welcome LuckyD!

:dust:

Welcome luckyd, I am just couple days ahead of you!! cant wait for the results of this plan.

Awesome! Will be great to have someone around the same time so we can go through it together. I am excited about this too - for some reason it feels good to have a 'plan'. I guess so much of TTC is out of our control, it feels kinda nice to have some sort of structure to follow! Anyway, good luck to you - I will be following your cycle with interest! :flower:

Thanks wantingagirl! And FX for you too! Can't wait til people start testing - hopefully :bfp: for everyone here xx

Welcome luckyd, I am just couple days ahead of you!! cant wait for the results of this plan.

Awesome! Will be great to have someone around the same time so we can go through it together. I am excited about this too - for some reason it feels good to have a 'plan'. I guess so much of it is out of our control, it feels kinda nice to have some sort of structure to follow! Anyway, good luck to you - I will be following your cycle with interest! :flower:

I will be watching you too LOL, We can all support each other and also share advice and I will be so happy to see the good news for everyone on here. there is DEFINATELY going to be some BFP in this thread! x

Morning ladies :flower: Now sorry if this is too personal a question but does anyone elses oh seem to feel like they have to bd non stop as soon as you stop your af, as if to 'make up for lost time'?? Because that seems to be my oh's theory :dohh:

I know the plan says to bd on cd 8 then every other day till pos opk etc but I assume it isn't cheating to be at it as and when untill cd 8?! I stopped my af yesterday and ummm traditionally it's like living with someone who's been without it for a decade for a few days and all the worse now that he is working from home :blush: I need to perfect my bd avoiding technique, ready for cd9 - Monday!! I like this plan though already, gives me something else to concentrate on other than baby baby baby baby the structure with this plan has settled my head a bit, believe it or not!

Morning ladies :flower: Now sorry if this is too personal a question but does anyone elses oh seem to feel like they have to bd non stop as soon as you stop your af, as if to 'make up for lost time'?? Because that seems to be my oh's theory :dohh:

I know the plan says to bd on cd 8 then every other day till pos opk etc but I assume it isn't cheating to be at it as and when untill cd 8?! I stopped my af yesterday and ummm traditionally it's like living with someone who's been without it for a decade for a few days and all the worse now that he is working from home :blush: I need to perfect my bd avoiding technique, ready for cd9 - Monday!! I like this plan though already, gives me something else to concentrate on other than baby baby baby baby the structure with this plan has settled my head a bit, believe it or not!

Ha ha, I know what you're talking about gingerwhinger!

I am sure it is fine as long as he doesn't 'run out of steam' by ovulation time..that is what happens to us sometimes, everything starts with a bang (literally!) then it gets harder to keep up the consistency as time goes by...that's why I like this plan, every two days takes the pressure off, then only three days in a row around ovulation. I think we got a bit worried in the past and thought the more we did it the better, but that just ended up being a bit tiring and stressful.

If you are both feeling it, go for it I say!:thumbup:

I think that is what happened to us last time too, to start with we went at it a bit mental then got a case of bd burn out and maybe missed a couple of crucial days - hence bfn!! I am also thinking of cutting alcohol out altogether.... we always have a beer or 2 with dinner and infront of the telly, it's just our normal, but I am wondering if it would be better to totally stop?

I keep thinking last time I got preggers not only was I on the pill but I was going through a pubs and parties sort of stage of life and my tiny bean (now my gorgeous son) must have been sozzled untill I found out - so I am not sure if the odd beer is something I should totally quit to help conceive (obv I would not drink if I got my bfp) or if by doing so I would just be adding more pressure on myself?? What do you girls think?

jwhitneys1 - https://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm something for us all to focus on

Gingerwhinger, Im really not sure im in the same situation last time I conceived had quite a few drinks and this time I havent conceived yet so thinking if drink is an issue?

Anyone else any advice?

Yeah Nessicle its got to work for us all at some point huh? I think with men they would gladly bed every day but it was getting frustrating and boring for me (if you know what I mean) and I dont want it to get like that. FX for you, lots of BFP xmas babies for us all!! Seems like a very high percentage for SMEP so FX for us all
Aw I know exactly how you feel its soul destroying, we are told all through school that oh my goodness have sex once and bam your pregnant as if that was true and when we are ready it becomes very difficult. My other sis has two kids and got pregnant first shot and my mum got pregnant with us first time and there is five of us. A mate of mine from work too got pregnant by accident and she already has 3, we hear of this all too often. I guess we just need to carry on and glad we all have each other to talk to or I would go insane. We will achieve our goal I just want it to be now

it does sound like a high percentage so I'm hoping it's 3rd time lucky!!

we defo got a bit of bd burn out but we kept going until CD17 and bd'd twice on CD15 but think that may hve been to our detriment!

The thing that gets me is - if there is an egg, and there is sperm.....why no baby??

we defo got a bit of bd burn out but we kept going until CD17 and bd'd twice on CD15 but think that may hve been to our detriment!

The thing that gets me is - if there is an egg, and there is sperm.....why no baby??[/QUOTE]

I agree Nessicle - egg + sperm = baby, right? so WTH is the problem :) I only need one good :spermy:

I saw this quote on another thread and wanted to share. I'm not super religous but I thought this was nice...

"Never think that God's delays are God's denials. Hold on; hold fast; hold out. Patience is genius."

The thing that gets me is - if there is an egg, and there is sperm.....why no baby??[/QUOTE]

Yeah thats something I am clueless about too Nessicle.
Ive read sometimes too the sperm just cant get through the egg then even if they do the egg has to divide properly and reach the lining of the uterus and then it still might not implant properly jee so its such a journey!! This looks weird https://www.medicinenet.com/conception_pictures_slideshow/article.htm

Think its only 20 odd percent a month sucess rate, sucks

funny isnt it - you would think that out of those millions of sperm that at least one could find an egg that's about 20 times bigger than the sperm lol. I think I have dud eggs :rofl:

I've started getting sticky CM so I'm on track for ovulation! Will probably get creamy over the weekend then watery hoping for some nice EWCM for CD13 at the latest!

Can you count me in on this too? I am on CD13 now and already BD'd on CD8 & CD11. I'm on a 28 day cycle so, testing date would be April 3rd. Good luck, girls!

Hi all - really can't wait to see how many BFP's we get from this thread!!!

Hi Ladies, I am going to try this plan whenever my period decides to come. I am on day 7 of provera, and my cycle is officially 30 days late. I am also taking this in conjunction with Femara. Is that ok? When I get a cycle I will include when Im testing. Im hoping for an April BFP but if not then IUI in May. Then it will be officially 14 months of trying to get this baby! :thumbup:

Hi, if you don't mind, could you please add me for March 25th. Have been ttc since August and this was my first month trying smep. I know its all in God's hands, but hoping this is my month!

Mamaxm, are you going to put any BFP next to the names on the top of this thread, obviously if everyone is happy with that?

heck yes i am! hopefully there will be alot of :bfp: and very few :witch:.

sorry i haven't been on much, been spending some time with my sister. supposed to o tomorrow (according to the past), so mad! left my thermometer at home and there weren't any at my sisters house, so haven't temped in two days, but i went out and bought one today so hopefully my body will stay on it's usual course and i didn't o early.
smep has been so lovely! i've been so relaxed! if relaxing is the way to a bfp, i WILL get one this month!

btw! we now have 18 girls, 40% of 18 is 7.2! so at least 7 of us should get our bfps! i'm hoping more since most of us are using preseed or concieve+ or softcups!
can you believe that? 7 of us! i'm so excited to see what happens!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->