Sperm Meets Egg Plan (SMEP) TTC#1 group Aug/Sept/Oct 2013

Hey BFP :) What dpo is it ? Fingers, toes everything crossed for u :)
Be positive. Many women experience PMS symptom before their BFP. So I think its normal. So are u testing on Saturday or Sunday ? Looking forward for your post.

I'm not 100% sure (I was trying to track using CM and it was not as cut and dry and I expected - no pun intended). I think I am 10 or 11 DPO. As long as AF doesn't come Saturday or Sunday I think I'm in the clear for now (I'm always pretty on the clock with her), so I'll test again Sunday :)

So I took a test this morning (because I'm impatient), and got a positive. I'm due to have my AF on Saturday and I feel kind of like I'm going to get it still, so I'm very very cautiously optimistic on the positive (i know a lot of loss happens before your missed period). If AF stays away through the weekend, I'll allow myself to be excited! I'll let you guys know... Since *something* must've worked, I'll definitely share what we did - sex every other day from basically the day i got off of my period, and then every night for 3 nights around the time I guessed I was ovulating. After that we went back to every other night for a few times and then stopped. If you guys don't mind, keep your fingers crossed for me this weekend - I'm very nervous since i feel like I'm PMSing! Thanks :)

Congrats on your BFP!! Fx'ed that it sticks! :happydance:

I recently talked about not bing able to DTD because of my husband's anxiety. We were able to get one in before ovulation & several a few days ahead but I think those were too far ahead.

So last night I had a horrible dream he cheated on me & a found out because I had an STD. I don't feel deep down he would ever do this to me. But I have often wondered what made him turn around so fast on the baby idea & be so ALL ON BOARD. A little background, we tried for a while then gave up. After a few years (never using BC but also not trying) I turned 30 & just knew I needed to have children. He was okay with how things were. SO we would talk about it & he would still say no. Well one day I bring it up & he just says yes out of nowhere & he is over the moon involved & excited of the plan. I don't know where it came from. He just says he realized it was something he wants. I think a big part is for me but I can tell there is a genuion excitement. SO I had my dr appt Mon & was upset at the thought of fertility testing. Then husband is ovethinking & so we were not sucessful at BD. So I had a TINY thought maybe he did cheat & his excitement was him making up for it. Believe me when I say tiny I mean microscopic. I think it is just my own insecurities. It would kill him if I asked. But anyways in the dream I got the STD, confronted him, he admitted & said he was leaving me & I broke down & begged him not to. I was screaming & everything. I am normally a strong woman & often believed I could never get over infidelity. The whole thing made me wake up in a horrible mood. I think it is the fact that we couldn't yesterday on my first peak day. Maybe I feel he is cheated me out of this cycle. On the other hand, we decided to try 6 months then test. So after the appt & finding out it wasn't that expensive I thought maybe we should just do it. So maybe I was feeling I was cheating myself by not testing. I don't know.

Either way I am in a weird mood today & got another peak on the CB but I just am not feeling it AT ALL.

Thoughts are appreciated & thanks for the vent. It feels good. And yes I know I should just talk with him about my feelings & the dream. He is on 3rd shift, so we literally have about 30 min together before he goes in until he gets his days off. Not the type of thing I want to do on the phone or in that short window.

So I took a test this morning (because I'm impatient), and got a positive. I'm due to have my AF on Saturday and I feel kind of like I'm going to get it still, so I'm very very cautiously optimistic on the positive (i know a lot of loss happens before your missed period). If AF stays away through the weekend, I'll allow myself to be excited! I'll let you guys know... Since *something* must've worked, I'll definitely share what we did - sex every other day from basically the day i got off of my period, and then every night for 3 nights around the time I guessed I was ovulating. After that we went back to every other night for a few times and then stopped. If you guys don't mind, keep your fingers crossed for me this weekend - I'm very nervous since i feel like I'm PMSing! Thanks :)

Congratulations!!!! :happydance: Thats great news! Lots of sticky baby dust to you! Its so nice to hear SMEP success stories. Giving alot of hope for us doing it x. Keep us posted! :hugs:

Just got the news that my grandmother passed away last night. :cry: I've been crying on and off all morning - hopefully this won't delay my ovulation which is due on Sunday.

So sorry about your Grand ma. I hope you are feeling better now. Dont worry too much about ovulation just relax (i know its easier said than done) but try not to stress yourself more about thinking delayed ovulation. Hopefuly it'll happen on time fx for you :hugs:

I recently talked about not bing able to DTD because of my husband's anxiety. We were able to get one in before ovulation & several a few days ahead but I think those were too far ahead.

So last night I had a horrible dream he cheated on me & a found out because I had an STD. I don't feel deep down he would ever do this to me. But I have often wondered what made him turn around so fast on the baby idea & be so ALL ON BOARD. A little background, we tried for a while then gave up. After a few years (never using BC but also not trying) I turned 30 & just knew I needed to have children. He was okay with how things were. SO we would talk about it & he would still say no. Well one day I bring it up & he just says yes out of nowhere & he is over the moon involved & excited of the plan. I don't know where it came from. He just says he realized it was something he wants. I think a big part is for me but I can tell there is a genuion excitement. SO I had my dr appt Mon & was upset at the thought of fertility testing. Then husband is ovethinking & so we were not sucessful at BD. So I had a TINY thought maybe he did cheat & his excitement was him making up for it. Believe me when I say tiny I mean microscopic. I think it is just my own insecurities. It would kill him if I asked. But anyways in the dream I got the STD, confronted him, he admitted & said he was leaving me & I broke down & begged him not to. I was screaming & everything. I am normally a strong woman & often believed I could never get over infidelity. The whole thing made me wake up in a horrible mood. I think it is the fact that we couldn't yesterday on my first peak day. Maybe I feel he is cheated me out of this cycle. On the other hand, we decided to try 6 months then test. So after the appt & finding out it wasn't that expensive I thought maybe we should just do it. So maybe I was feeling I was cheating myself by not testing. I don't know.

Either way I am in a weird mood today & got another peak on the CB but I just am not feeling it AT ALL.

Thoughts are appreciated & thanks for the vent. It feels good. And yes I know I should just talk with him about my feelings & the dream. He is on 3rd shift, so we literally have about 30 min together before he goes in until he gets his days off. Not the type of thing I want to do on the phone or in that short window.

I hope its just a dream and nothing like that in real. TTC can get to you! emotionally and physically. Just like women start thinking that they initiate sex and their husbands dont. Its cuz we want it so bad we would do anything to make sure we have a good chance every month. Alot of ladies tell their husbands they are ovulating and this is what has to be done. Rarely a man participates on his own (even if he wants a baby very bad). Its the women who has to go through all the pain of testing, temping, googling. This journey is 100 times harder for us than the men. Im happy hes on board with you on having a baby and i hope its not cause he is guilty but cause now he wants to be a dad.

If this dream is really bothering you, you should just talk to him about the dream not about the doubts you have. If hes guilty which is a big IF and i hope hes not he might open up after hearing it. And yes you need the right time to talk to him about it when you are not in a rush. Its better to clear your doubts than being in a miserable mood. GL :hugs: but better to just talk about the dream and tell him you got scared cuz the thought of him cheating on you is so hurtful and you just wanted to discuss to feel better.

Thanks. I brought it up today very casual. He said wow, I was pretty awful in that dream. And that was about it. He just found it to be a crazy dream. This weekend when we have more time I want to talk more things out.

On a different note, has anyone gone through the hsg scan? My dr is recommending it. I was putting it off mainly because I feel like getting a neg every month is easier than finding out it can never happen. But since I have never had any issues with my cycle or anything else, I think I am more scared they find nothing wrong. Then I have to wonder why it hasn't happened. My husband was tested years ago, but will have to do it again. I also found out the test is not that expensive & is also covered on my insurance (after a co-pay). So I am considering just getting it over with. She also said if there is a block the scan sometimes clears it.

Anyone have experience with this?

Congratulations! And sorry about that dream, they say pregnancy dreams are vivid.

Hi everyone! Can you please add me to the list...DH and I decided to start SMEP, or at least stick as close to it as possible. I am currently on CD16 of a 38 day cycle. Getting pretty strong opk's but not quite yet a positive. Hopefully we will get one in the next few days though. We have been bd'ing every other day for the past week and as soon as I get a positive opk, we will start bd'ing everyday for probably 3 days, then back to every other day. This is our second cycle of TTC #1.

CD11 now on a 26-day cycle. Still almost no CM and BFN's on the OPK's. Waiting patiently..

I hope its just a dream and nothing like that in real. TTC can get to you! emotionally and physically. Just like women start thinking that they initiate sex and their husbands dont. Its cuz we want it so bad we would do anything to make sure we have a good chance every month. Alot of ladies tell their husbands they are ovulating and this is what has to be done. Rarely a man participates on his own (even if he wants a baby very bad). Its the women who has to go through all the pain of testing, temping, googling. This journey is 100 times harder for us than the men. Im happy hes on board with you on having a baby and i hope its not cause he is guilty but cause now he wants to be a dad.

If this dream is really bothering you, you should just talk to him about the dream not about the doubts you have. If hes guilty which is a big IF and i hope hes not he might open up after hearing it. And yes you need the right time to talk to him about it when you are not in a rush. Its better to clear your doubts than being in a miserable mood. GL :hugs: but better to just talk about the dream and tell him you got scared cuz the thought of him cheating on you is so hurtful and you just wanted to discuss to feel better.

I'm totally late with this, but i agree with MrsWKJ - and remember that dreams are rarely literal. When you dream about things they tend to be more of a symbol or metaphor for something else (like your teeth falling out means money troubles if I remember correctly?). I've had cheating dreams before though, and they suck. Sounds like you're doing the right thing by talking with him - especially if there's more on your mind than just that. :hugs:

Hi everyone! Can you please add me to the list...DH and I decided to start SMEP, or at least stick as close to it as possible. I am currently on CD16 of a 38 day cycle. Getting pretty strong opk's but not quite yet a positive. Hopefully we will get one in the next few days though. We have been bd'ing every other day for the past week and as soon as I get a positive opk, we will start bd'ing everyday for probably 3 days, then back to every other day. This is our second cycle of TTC #1.

Welcome Michelle, Goodluck for this cycle. Adding you to the list x

I made a calendar for DH and I to follow. DH already saw it and counted the BD times and he was like Yea!!!! lol

Still waiting for AF.... CD 44... URGHHHhhhhhH. I am so fed up of this sh*t. I havent had sex in over a week, my hormones are all over the place, im bloated, bitchy, aggressive.... the list goes on. Hopefully period shows up so I can FINALLY feel better...

I'm at CD 12 in a cycle of unknown length (last was 24 after several 14-16). I ordered internet OPKs (amazon)- and have only had the control line the last few days (so definitely no positive, but usually have some sort of 2nd line with varying degrees of darkness! not sure how reliable they are). Last cycle, temps showed that I O'd CD 9, the cycle before CD 12... so who knows- my temps have been all over this cycle. (Rather than every other day we kind of started just going with every day... 'cause it was fun and, well, won't hurt the cause!) ;)

I'm going a bit crazy with numerous friends announcing pregnancies, a baby shower to go to for a family member tomorrow, and another baby shower in 2 months. While I am very happy for them, after 8 months TTC, I had a brief whyyyy can't I get pregnant moment with my husband yesterday. He just responded "because you had depo and it could take us a while"- wish I could stay that level headed :p (I do like to hear positives from people though- it gives me hope!)

It will happen SCgirl! My fingers are crossed for you. And all you need to think about is that when it finally does happen, all of this time you spent trying will go out the window and you won't care anymore. It will all be worth it. The ends justify the means :)

4 DPO here. Followed the SMEP program. Hoping for a sticky bean! Knowing myself I'll probably start testing at 7 dpo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->