Sperm Meets Egg Plan (SMEP) TTC#1 group Aug/Sept/Oct 2013

Looks like I might not have O'd until CD 38 (odd). Looks like yet another waiting period.... Thankfully we were on a weekend away together ;)

Not sure, I don't have any tests. I usually have a 12 day lp but from what I know, that can be extended on clomid. Ive never had a temp this low on 10dpo so maybe its a sign?

I've got so much mucus today, I can't believe it! And a +OPK :)

Attachments

• today.jpg
    today.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 5
I'm not an early tester because I don't handle BFN's well but curiosity got the better of me and I peed on an OPK today since OPK's can also pick up HSG and it was almost completely white (had a very faint line).

Now I'm still feeling out even without peeing on an OPK. Silly me!!!

Spotting today, clomid managed to extend my lp to 14 days, I suppose thats one positive about this cycle. On to cycle number 8!

Going in for a HSG next Monday. A little nervous but excited at the same time as I heard that sometimes you are more fertile immediately after a HSG because it might clear out minor blockages. However they insisted on scheduling it for CD10 - does that mean any BD before then is pretty much useless 'cause it'll all just be "flushed away" during the HSG?

Going in for a HSG next Monday. A little nervous but excited at the same time as I heard that sometimes you are more fertile immediately after a HSG because it might clear out minor blockages. However they insisted on scheduling it for CD10 - does that mean any BD before then is pretty much useless 'cause it'll all just be "flushed away" during the HSG?

Hmmm...maybe so. They have to schedule it late enough to pass your period and early enough to not interfere with pregnancy/ovulation. Hopefully it won't be bad. I could have had sex same day if I wanted.

Thanks Beaglemom.

Apparently my excitement was unfounded. Supposedly only oil-based contrast has been proven to increase fertility. Since I'm allergic to iodine and has to request an iodine-free contrast, it will not be oil-based :(

"...pregnancy rates after the use of oil contrast have been reported to be significantly higher than rates after water-based contrast,13 and decreased time to conception has also been reported.6 This is particularly so in cases of unexplained infertility. It was presumed that this effect is the result of dislodging intraluminal debris or disrupting minor degrees of perifimbrial adhesion."
https://www.glowm.com/section_view/heading/Tests of Tubal Patency/item/322

Thanks Beaglemom.

Apparently my excitement was unfounded. Supposedly only oil-based contrast has been proven to increase fertility. Since I'm allergic to iodine and has to request an iodine-free contrast, it will not be oil-based :(

"...pregnancy rates after the use of oil contrast have been reported to be significantly higher than rates after water-based contrast,13 and decreased time to conception has also been reported.6 This is particularly so in cases of unexplained infertility. It was presumed that this effect is the result of dislodging intraluminal debris or disrupting minor degrees of perifimbrial adhesion."
https://www.glowm.com/section_view/heading/Tests of Tubal Patency/item/322

I would think it wouldn't matter...either way the dye has to push it's way through. Doesn't hurt to be hopeful. Mine did not help us. Except they seemed very shocked at how fast the dye moved trough me. Which I hope means everything on my end is good & we are only dealing with a low sperm count.

Good luck with the HSG. I wouldn't change your BDing schedule because of it. Just keep on like normal.

Thanks! I read some more experiences from people last night and someone said it was the most excruciating pain ever - worse than her two vaginal child births and kidney transplant! Now I'm scared!

Mine really was not bad at all. I had very little cramping. Everybody is different. Before mine I read all the same stories - as well as people who said the same thing I am saying - went in expecting the worst and then nothing! Hoping you are like me!!

Thanks! I read some more experiences from people last night and someone said it was the most excruciating pain ever - worse than her two vaginal child births and kidney transplant! Now I'm scared!

STOP READING THOSE STORIES!!!

:)

It can be bad. The tech with me asked me if I had kids & when I said no she said well then take your period pain times 100. She explained it was horrible. Not exactly what I want to hear right before. BUT...mine was not bad. My husband was with me. I have pretty bad cramps day 1 & 2 of my period. Not bad enough to not be able to function. But if I am off work, I sit home in my PJs. Usually I take some IBprofen & move on. So the HSG was pretty much like my bad cramps but kind of continuous while they were putting the catheter or whatever in. Then when they were done & pulled it out, it was all over. They told me to take about 800 mg of IBprofen an hour before then after as needed. But I had no pain after. However, I literally had no blocks. So if you have some blocks & the dye moves it, I can imagine maybe a little more discomfort. All in all, I have no horrible things to say about the experience. Just stop reading all the google stuff so when you go in you can have a more clear calm mind. It can only be worse if you are sick with worry.

LOL! I had the day off yesterday and had too much time on my hands so I started googling! I was thinking if I went in prepared for the worst it could only get better! :)

CD 48- I believe 10dpo. FRERs were on sale at Target, so I bought two packs (and couldn't wait- tested this afternoon after work). Look at it at the 5 min mark not expecting anything (had a negative with fmu yesterday), and...

Attachments

• fr.jpg
    fr.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 16
ok- so it doesn't show up so much on the computer screen as it does in person (or did on my cell phone)- but there was definitely a (light) pink line there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->