Sperm sample results

Rumpskin

Free to try again!
Reaction score
I have also posted this in the LTTC Section.

In order for my OH and I to be referred for Recurrent Miscarriage, my OH needed to give a sperm sample.

We had the results in today and they are not good. Bearing in mind he has fathered three children (not mine!) and we have conceived three times (had two first trimester m/c and one chemical pregnancy), his spermies are alive, odd shapes but are not really moving!

I am totally and utterly perplexed as to how we can conceive so easily yet he has these results.

Also would the fact that he has a low sperm count have anything to do with my miscarriages?

The doctor we saw tonight was pretty crap and I gave up asking any questions as he didnt really answer them.

He is referring us which should hopefully be sometime in February.

Has anyone else had this experience of low sperm count and miscarriages?

Many thanks, Rumps x

Hey darling,

I really don't know - but based on his other kids and unless he has had some sort of trauma 'down there' I wouldn't imagine so? But I don't know. Really hope someone in LTTC can help, and hoping things are looking up for you really soon. :hugs:

Hey darling,

I really don't know - but based on his other kids and unless he has had some sort of trauma 'down there' I wouldn't imagine so? But I don't know. Really hope someone in LTTC can help, and hoping things are looking up for you really soon. :hugs:

Thanks lovely, I hope so too - hope you are okay xxx

Thanks darling, just wish I could be more helpful! We are getting stronger everyday thank you. Hoping with all my heart we will be blessed with a healthy bean very soon :)

I did have a google for you hun - not much reputible stuff but it does seem that low sperm count wouldn't be an issue, but damaged sperm would be. However, I am sure I have read that whilst odd shaped sperm can give a problem conceiving (due to the complex nature of breaking into the egg) they shouldn't cause a problem further on?

My oh had a SA and his came back low motility... but yet iv been preg 5 times first month.. i was told when they do a test they usually come back lower than normal because doing your thing in a plastic cup doesnt have the same environment as a nice warm soft lady area...

Thanks darling, just wish I could be more helpful! We are getting stronger everyday thank you. Hoping with all my heart we will be blessed with a healthy bean very soon :)

I did have a google for you hun - not much reputible stuff but it does seem that low sperm count wouldn't be an issue, but damaged sperm would be. However, I am sure I have read that whilst odd shaped sperm can give a problem conceiving (due to the complex nature of breaking into the egg) they shouldn't cause a problem further on?

I am so pleased that you both are getting there and also pray that you will have your bundle of joy :hugs:

Thank you for googling, I did have a quick look but I am a bit overwhelmed of the info out there. I have a docs appointment next week with my nice lady doc who will hopefully spend some time going through options xx

My oh had a SA and his came back low motility... but yet iv been preg 5 times first month.. i was told when they do a test they usually come back lower than normal because doing your thing in a plastic cup doesnt have the same environment as a nice warm soft lady area...

Thanks Tracie, this is also good to know. I am going to chat with the doc next week about whats next, I am a bit scared tbh xxx

Hope you are okay xxx

Thanks darling. :hugs:

That sounds best, so much conflicting information out there, can drive you mad! Hope your appointment goes well :hugs:

In order for my OH and I to be referred for Recurrent Miscarriage, my OH needed to give a sperm sample.

We had the results in today and they are not good. Bearing in mind he has fathered three children (not mine!) and we have conceived three times (had two first trimester m/c and one chemical pregnancy), his spermies are alive, odd shapes but are not really moving!

I am totally and utterly perplexed as to how we can conceive so easily yet he has these results.

Also would the fact that he has a low sperm count have anything to do with my miscarriages?

The doctor we saw tonight was pretty crap and I gave up asking any questions as he didnt really answer them.

Many thanks, Rumps x

Hi Rumps how are you.

When I had my first appointment at RMC we asked about sperm samples.

My hubby has father one live child and the 5 MC are with him. We got told it was almost impossible for his sperm to be the issue as we have had 6 pregnancies together but im not convinced.

We are at Fertility Clinic in Feb and im gonna ask if they will do one then or I might even pay for a private one.

THere was a lady on here who did have MC and low sperm problems just not sure where it was !

Many thanks, Rumps x

Hi Rumps how are you.

When I had my first appointment at RMC we asked about sperm samples.

My hubby has father one live child and the 5 MC are with him. We got told it was almost impossible for his sperm to be the issue as we have had 6 pregnancies together but im not convinced.

We are at Fertility Clinic in Feb and im gonna ask if they will do one then or I might even pay for a private one.

THere was a lady on here who did have MC and low sperm problems just not sure where it was !

Hi Fluffy

Thanks for the reply. Firstly I am so sorry to hear about your 5 mcs :hugs: Can i ask what happened at your first appointment?

I am a little bit shocked by the results and things are sinking in a bit.

Good luck with your appointment in Feb x

Fluffyblue...we had investigations for recurrent miscs, we had 6 before our first daughter. No problem concieving. Found it was a chromosone problem with some of his sperm that was likely cause of miscarriages.
Good luck with the future ladies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->