Splinters

MishC

Has a little princess!!
Reaction score
My daughter is 21 months old and has about 8 splinters in her hand that need removing.

I managed to removed the biggest one on Sunday (when she got them) via a needle but she was hysterical crying because it was clearly hurting her. Her had is pretty red from the slpinters so i know i need to get the rest of them out. Does anyone have any ideas on how to to this with out using a needle?

The splinters are all under the skin you can not get to them with tweezers or sucking the hand. They are buried under her skin.

oh no, poor little girl, must be sore.
You can soaking the hand for it to go pruny, which would make it easier to get in there with a needle!
Also, a plaster on the site will help to draw the splinter out, the action of the absorbant strip helps to pull the splinter up and then you can get to it.
Otherwise I am afraid, it is just about letting her little body expell the damn things! Just keep an eye on it and check it is not infected, A little bit of redness is to be expected, but if iit gets too swollen etc you might need a dr's trip.
Her body should push them out in 5-10 days depending on how deep they are.
A Plaster will also help to protect the wound if it gets bumped! (don't generally believe in plasters, but sometimes they are useful!)

HTH
x

Well i spoke to my docots today and they've told me to take her to either the minor injurys clinic or A&E to get them removed. Looks like we'll be having a night out tonight, poor little girl.

awww good luck at A&E !! keep us informed and poor little one :hugs: xxxxxxxx

What a carry on that was. The doctor litrally dug 4 of the bigger splinters out with a needle and had to sop there because of how upset she was. She still has a load in her hand but they've left them because they said they didn't want to destress her anymore. she's been put on antibiotics for a week to prevent infection and hopefully her body should push them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->