Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Hi everyone, I have a 28 day cycle and ovulate on Cd18 that giving me a 10 day LP and yes I also spot before my period. The doctor prescribed me 50mg of vitamin B6 and I also started taking 1000mg agnus castus. I then got my first ever BFP last cycle but sadly this ended in miscarriage at 5 weeks 3 days and I am absolutely convincing myself that its due to me having low progesterone. I am going to speak to my doctor about this next week.
With my periods I have symptoms of low progesterone: Bad PMS symptoms, short Lp, spotting before period and very heavy periods with clots.
My mum had 5 miscarriages along with 3 healthy babies only because she had progesterone injections throughout her pregnancys. It really seems that low progesterone is a huge problem in people even conceiving in the first place and also linked to miscarrying.

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage :hugs: So did the B6 & AC work or did you still spot but got a :bfp: anyway? I've read some women who's spotting wasnt a problem in getting pg but they seem quite rare! I'm just about to enter the 2WW again (pos OPK just waiting for temp rise to confirm) & I am really excited for this cycle, not cos I'm getting my hopes up for a :bfp:, more because I didn't have any spotting last cycle for the first time since taking the AC after ovulation & starting Maca and am dying to find out if I've beaten it for a second month!! :dust: x

Its a strange one, I still had spotting at 8 and 9DPO so I thought that it was still pre period spotting but instead I think it was implantation spotting/bleeding as it never came to much. So its hard to say whether the B6 has worked in regards to spotting but I still continue to take it anyway.
Good luck to you in your TWW x

The low progesterone issue is definitely something I'm considering. But, I don't really get PMS and while my periods are fairly heavy when they come on, there aren't any clots. REALLY SORRY to hear about your miscarriage Justkeeptryin. Wishing you all the best for the future xxx

Hi guys! Just thought I'd pop up to update on my situation. So what appears here if that I don't ovulate at all and what I thought was DPO spotting is just uterine living shedding because there's no progesterone AT ALL. So it starts by making the lining unstable, but while I'm still trying to ovulate estrogen is still pumping though, it's rebuilding itself. Then eventually it gives up and I get full time period. Fun, huh?

Soili I didn't know that could happen? That's mad. Did you have the other signs of ovulation e.g. EWCM, temp rise afterwards? How are you feeling about everything... do you have a plan? Sorry for all the questions! x

Oh, I get TON of EWCM. Especially this month, started as soon as AF was over and I'm still getting it. No clear shift on the chart. Other signs come and go. Last month I was getting what I thought was ovulation twinges. This month - nothing at all. I have CD21 progesterone test on Monday, but I already know what it'll say.

I might have PCOS, although it's not very obvious one.

My plan now is to go back on BCP for a few months. I really need a break. Hopefully it'll clear the ovaries from cysts and normalize everything. After that I might get a few months of normal ovulatory cycles. And if that fails, all sorts of fertility tests and Clomid it is. That's MY plan so far. I know my doctor is ready put me on Clomid, but I don't wanna go for HSG and SA yet, so I might try it my way first.

Oh, I get TON of EWCM. Especially this month, started as soon as AF was over and I'm still getting it. No clear shift on the chart. Other signs come and go. Last month I was getting what I thought was ovulation twinges. This month - nothing at all. I have CD21 progesterone test on Monday, but I already know what it'll say.

My plan now is to go back on BCP for a few months. I really need a break. Hopefully it'll clear the ovaries from cysts and normalize everything. After that I might get a few months of normal ovulatory cycles. And if that fails, all sorts of fertility tests and Clomid it is. That's MY plan so far. I know my doctor is ready put me on Clomid, but I don't wanna go for HSG and SA yet, so I might try it my way first.

Oh Soili I'm gutted for you :hugs:. I thought I hadn't seen you on b&b for a while. Is the pill supposed to do that? I thought if anything it made it worse?! I don't think I'd touch the pill again, once I've had a baby I think I'll be going for the coil. So if you're not ovulating at all I take it you weren't using OPK's? Or were you and they were giving you false lines? x

Oh wow Soili, keep us posted on your progesterone tests. At least you and your doctor know what's going on with your body. That's half the battle for so many women, and god bless those who have unexplained.

I'm finally seeing my doctor next week for my results and dh's sa results. my doctor also talked about doing an hsg. I'm not thrilled about it either, but there are some theories that say some women get pg after they do it because it unblocks your tubes and does something to your lining. at the same time, i agree with you - we put ourselves through so much. it's very stressful.

I stopped taking all my vits and pills (agnus castus and vitamin b), but am now only taking my pretnatal, omega 3 and vitamin d. I've been reading about vitamin d, and there was a study done at Yale that indicates just about every woman with ovulatory issues and pcos are vitamin d deficient. If you want to continue on the natural route, perhaps try it out? Vitamin D is good for you anyway!

Oh wow Soili, keep us posted on your progesterone tests. At least you and your doctor know what's going on with your body. That's half the battle for so many women, and god bless those who have unexplained.

I'm finally seeing my doctor next week for my results and dh's sa results. my doctor also talked about doing an hsg. I'm not thrilled about it either, but there are some theories that say some women get pg after they do it because it unblocks your tubes and does something to your lining. at the same time, i agree with you - we put ourselves through so much. it's very stressful.

I stopped taking all my vits and pills (agnus castus and vitamin b), but am now only taking my pretnatal, omega 3 and vitamin d. I've been reading about vitamin d, and there was a study done at Yale that indicates just about every woman with ovulatory issues and pcos are vitamin d deficient. If you want to continue on the natural route, perhaps try it out? Vitamin D is good for you anyway!

Hello again
Where are you in your cycle cantwaitforu? I'm cd14 and no signs of ovulation yet, although a bit of creamy cm which usually means the ewcm isn't too far behind, so am hopeful I might ovulate earlier this month. Like you, I have quit the agnus castus but on the advice of my acupuncturist I re-started my vit B complex (not the additional B6 though) and am taking an organic pre-natal and oil complex. Plus acupuncture once a week and Chinese herbal tea twice a day. I really hope I get PG soon or I'll bankrupt myself!

The HSG is interesting - I too have heard of ladies who have fallen pregnant after having the procedure. Keep us posted if you decide to go for it.

I have been referred to the assisted conception unit at hospital so am just waiting for my letter to come through... could take a few months...but am hoping for Clomid after that time if we're not PG by that time.

x

Well I'm gutted, after no spotting at all last cycle, I'm 6DPO and have started spotting :cry:. I've never spotted this early before, ususally from 9DPO and it looks different to usual months (usually it's tiny brown flecks whereas they seems brown discharge, tmi sorry) and I had cramping earlier today, so I am PRAYING that's it's implantation bleeding... If not I'll be gutted as I felt like I turned a corner last month. Ignore my ticker saying 29 day cycle as the :witch: came extra early last month but thought as the AC is shortening my cycle I better change my ticker. I only ovulated on CD20 this cycle so am hoping if the stupid :witch: does come she at least has the decency to give me a good luteal phase!! :winkwink: x

Sorry to ask a stupid question but what's a HSG? Thanks x

Hello again
Where are you in your cycle cantwaitforu? I'm cd14 and no signs of ovulation yet, although a bit of creamy cm which usually means the ewcm isn't too far behind, so am hopeful I might ovulate earlier this month. Like you, I have quit the agnus castus but on the advice of my acupuncturist I re-started my vit B complex (not the additional B6 though) and am taking an organic pre-natal and oil complex. Plus acupuncture once a week and Chinese herbal tea twice a day. I really hope I get PG soon or I'll bankrupt myself!

The HSG is interesting - I too have heard of ladies who have fallen pregnant after having the procedure. Keep us posted if you decide to go for it.

I have been referred to the assisted conception unit at hospital so am just waiting for my letter to come through... could take a few months...but am hoping for Clomid after that time if we're not PG by that time.

x

Hello MrsH!

I'm right behind you - i'm on cd13, and thought I ovulated yesterday - loads of watery cm with ewcm blobs and a spot or two plus cramping. I have ewcm today and even more cramping, so i'm guessing I should be ovulating today. I really hope so! Last cycle, I barely had any cm, no spotting during ov, but my temp rised.

my doctor cancelled my appointment last night so i rescheduled for march 28. ugh, this is the second cancellation this month!

Wow, that's great about all the other things you are doing. I'm curious about acupuncture! I've gone back to yoga and am trying to take everything one day at a time. This is cycle #9 for me, so I've lost that "Is this my month" mentality and am putting all my stock into plan b.

hope you ovulate soon :) and lets get neurotic together during our spotted two week/ten day wait!

Sorry to ask a stupid question but what's a HSG? Thanks x

I'll never give a better explanation than the one I found on this site:
https://www.advancedfertility.com/hsg.htm

What is a hysterosalpingogram?
A hysterosalpingogram, or HSG is an important test of female fertility potential. The HSG test is a radiology procedure usually done in the radiology department of a hospital or outpatient radiology facility.

•Radiographic contrast (dye) is injected into the uterine cavity through the vagina and cervix.

•The uterine cavity fills with dye and if the fallopian tubes are open, dye fills the tubes and spills into the abdominal cavity.

This determines if the fallopian tubes are open or blocked and whether a blockage is located at the junction of the tube and uterus (proximal) or whether it is at the other end of the fallopian tube (distal). These are the areas where the tube is most commonly blocked.

Pregnancy rates in several studies have been reported to be very slightly increased in the first months following a hysterosalpingogram. This could be to the flushing of the tubes opening a minor blockage or cleaning out some debris that was preventing the couple from conceiving.

Some studies suggest that using oil based contrast provides a slightly larger increase in pregnancy success rates than the use of water based contrast. However, the large majority of HSGs are done with water based contrast.

Hi guys! Just popping up to say that I picked up my CD21 progesterone test today and it mostly obviously says I didn't ovulate. The level is even lower than it was at CD3, so there's absolutely no doubt. And I started spotting two days ago again, CD25, just like last month. So you could say, that at least I know a little better what's it about now!

So since I have nothing to loose here... Another long anovulatory cycle and every day feels like I'm about to start the period, I decided to jump onto the soya wagon straight away. The worse case scenario - it won't have any effect at all. But I'm hoping that maybe it'll make me ovulate finally. Well, we'll see!

Hi guys! Just popping up to say that I picked up my CD21 progesterone test today and it mostly obviously says I didn't ovulate. The level is even lower than it was at CD3, so there's absolutely no doubt. And I started spotting two days ago again, CD25, just like last month. So you could say, that at least I know a little better what's it about now!

So since I have nothing to loose here... Another long anovulatory cycle and every day feels like I'm about to start the period, I decided to jump onto the soya wagon straight away. The worse case scenario - it won't have any effect at all. But I'm hoping that maybe it'll make me ovulate finally. Well, we'll see!

Yep, best of luck and let us know how you get on - if it works for you I'll be right behind you! :thumbup:

Hello again

x

Hello MrsH!

I'm right behind you - i'm on cd13, and thought I ovulated yesterday - loads of watery cm with ewcm blobs and a spot or two plus cramping. I have ewcm today and even more cramping, so i'm guessing I should be ovulating today. I really hope so! Last cycle, I barely had any cm, no spotting during ov, but my temp rised.

my doctor cancelled my appointment last night so i rescheduled for march 28. ugh, this is the second cancellation this month!

Wow, that's great about all the other things you are doing. I'm curious about acupuncture! I've gone back to yoga and am trying to take everything one day at a time. This is cycle #9 for me, so I've lost that "Is this my month" mentality and am putting all my stock into plan b.

hope you ovulate soon :) and lets get neurotic together during our spotted two week/ten day wait!

AGH the creamy CM has gone with no sign of EWCM, so cd16 today and no sign of O. Patience has never been my strong point, but I kind of hoped that with weekly acupuncture and these herbs I'd see a difference this cycle. But then again, last cycle I Oed much later so I need to KEEP BEING PATIENT BUT IT'S HARD!!
Have your temps risen yet? Sounds like good signs of O for you?
I'll be really interested to see (if I do O this cycle) whether it makes any difference to the spotting and/or luteal phase.
Would LOVE to sit out the 2 week wait with you!
Come on, let's both feel positive... what have we got to lose? :happydance:

MrsHY, will keep you posted!! My FF chart is in my signature, so even if I don't pop up here every day, you can stalk my long anovulatory cycle there ;)

Hi Soili!

oh wow. What days are you going to take the soy?

Hello again

x

Hello MrsH!

AGH the creamy CM has gone with no sign of EWCM, so cd16 today and no sign of O. Patience has never been my strong point, but I kind of hoped that with weekly acupuncture and these herbs I'd see a difference this cycle. But then again, last cycle I Oed much later so I need to KEEP BEING PATIENT BUT IT'S HARD!!
Have your temps risen yet? Sounds like good signs of O for you?
I'll be really interested to see (if I do O this cycle) whether it makes any difference to the spotting and/or luteal phase.
Would LOVE to sit out the 2 week wait with you!
Come on, let's both feel positive... what have we got to lose? :happydance:

I hope that your new strategy makes a difference. you never know, maybe even if you ovulate a little later your luteal phase will be extended.

I think I ovulated yesterday! My temp rose to a medium level-rise - i'm a slow riser, but all my cm went away today. DH and I bd'ed last night and the night before. So, we at least had pretty good timing this month.

DH had his physical this morning and also got his SA results. I cried with joy when he told me that the doctor said he has an excellent count, excellent motility and excellent morphology. I'm very thankful that our issues aren't male factor. Our doctor did tell him that i need to continue another month of bloodtests - my FSH levels were not so good, but my progesterone levels show that I did ovluate. He no longer wants to send me for an hsg, but thinks that clomid is definitely the way to go for me.

DH joked with him and said that we want four children so he better get a move on writing out the prescription!!

I didn't ever think I would need fertility drugs...and it does take the natural beautiful experience of conceiving with your partner (that we all dreamed of!). But, I am so thankful that this option is available, and within reach.

Let's share our tww with positivity! Every small thing that gets better, or every new thing we learn helps. Every month that we get a bfn takes us closer to one that will give us our bfp :thumbup:

Hi Soili!

oh wow. What days are you going to take the soy?

I took first on CD26 and plan to do the usual 5 day thing, unless I miraculously get a positive OPK before that. One's not supposed to do it like that (and I'd really like to stress that), but I don't really care at this point and I wanna see what comes out of it. So far the only thing I can be sure it did - it stopped my spotting. Of course, for me it's different from you, guys, because mine's from not ovulating at all, not in the LP. I'll keep you posted!

cantwaitforu, it's really awesome that SA results were great!! One less thing to worry about it! :happydance: And you must be relived that you're not going to need to do HSG! ;) I would like to find out if MY doctor thinks I really need it, or did she refer me just because I asked I want ALL the tests :D Well, I meant, all the BLOOD tests, but I think she understood ALL, as just everything!

Do you ave your results in hand? What's wrong with your FSH??

I really hope you're not going to need to worry about any of this by the end of March! ;) It appears everyone gets pregnant as soon as they schedule more doctor's appointments or some medical procedures, hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->