Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Hello ladies, just thought I'd let you know I'm now at 12DPO and not a hint of spotting! :happydance: I did a test today and BFN, I'm bought some FRER's and gonna use one tomorrow but if it's negative I'm guessing I'm out this month, :witch: due on Wednesday. I've taken the AC post ovulation, and also Maca this month, looks like it's worked :thumbup: Will keep you updated :dust: x

MrsPTTC, I had a look at your chart and you might have same dreaded faulty Fahrenheit thermometer I do. I recognize the evil thing from chart patterns now. Rocky temps and same values although clearly 2 decimal point readings. I'm trying to warm everyone. Check out this thread - https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-...ease-read-faulty-bbt-thermometers-market.html

Soili my thermometer seems to have improved since I've been having :af:! Not the same old random temps, how odd! x

Soili my thermometer seems to have improved since I've been having :af:! Not the same old random temps, how odd! x

I'm afraid it will give you same ones later, once you ovulate. In the low 96F range is also gives same numbers, they're just different, I didn't write them down.

I'm afraid it will give you same ones later, once you ovulate. In the low 96F range is also gives same numbers, they're just different, I didn't write them down.

I bought a new one from Boots today, BUT it's in celcius not farenheight!! :dohh: So now I'm gonna have to convert my old chart to celcius so I can follow it properly! It at least keeps the last temp recorded when you switch it on and off, unlike the other one that just saved it once. I've tested it lol x

Converting to Celsius is easy! :) You just need to reset it in the options that it's Celcius, not Fahrenheit.
I'm gonna be using one decimal this month. I tried every pharmacy in the area, no one ever heard of BBT thermometer :D And I just don't trust anything sold on eBay anymore.

It's done, yes was really easy. There must be other websites you can order them from not just ebay, what about amazon? x

i'm using one from boots too and it's seems really good!

I'm in the UK too, I bought a BD thermometer from a US ebay seller (that's the thermometer recommended in taking charge of your fertility and is in farhenheit).
The thermometer was onlyb a couple of pounds but shipping pricey, I think it was just over £10 in total so cheaper than boots, battery is replaceable and I recevied it in 4 days!

Hi ladies!

I've been taking a bit of a break from BnB. It's just been really hard to deal with and I've tried forgetting about TTC while still TTCing. Very difficult to do, but have returned to yoga, kept busy with friends and have been going through a work-up with my new doctor.

I do have some interesting news to share with you. I can't remember a time when I didn't spot for at least a three - five days before AF. As of this cycle, I've stopped taking all my vitamins, except my pre-natal (which is all natural), and I've started taking Omega-3.

In addition to this, I began drinking organic lactose-free cows milk. Lactose-free because I'm intolerant, and organic because my new doctor suggested I start looking at the food I eat - especially dairy. In Canada, dairy farmers are not allowed to inject cows with hormones and antibiotics, but I'm still weary of drinking it. During my entire LP, I've eaten free-range meat, drank organic dairy and have been taking Omega-3.

I had a late ovulation - on CD17 - but this is usual for me. I only had two little tiny spots in my cm last Sunday at 5dpo. They were hardly even noticeable. I'm on cd26 of a 27 day cycle, and I haven't began my regular spotting yet. I can definitely feel af on her way - even as if she will be here any minute - but I haven't had any of that nasty brown tissue-clotty stuff as I've had for the last XX # of years.

I'm kinda annoyed that the spotting hasn't happened this cycle because I've been getting my bloodtested for FSH, estradiol, and progesterone. And go figure that the one cycle I've had in the last ten years when I don't spot, is the one that I'm being closely monitored to find out why this is happening to me.

Hi ladies!

I've been taking a bit of a break from BnB. It's just been really hard to deal with and I've tried forgetting about TTC while still TTCing. Very difficult to do, but have returned to yoga, kept busy with friends and have been going through a work-up with my new doctor.

I do have some interesting news to share with you. I can't remember a time when I didn't spot for at least a three - five days before AF. As of this cycle, I've stopped taking all my vitamins, except my pre-natal (which is all natural), and I've started taking Omega-3.

In addition to this, I began drinking organic lactose-free cows milk. Lactose-free because I'm intolerant, and organic because my new doctor suggested I start looking at the food I eat - especially dairy. In Canada, dairy farmers are not allowed to inject cows with hormones and antibiotics, but I'm still weary of drinking it. During my entire LP, I've eaten free-range meat, drank organic dairy and have been taking Omega-3.

I had a late ovulation - on CD17 - but this is usual for me. I only had two little tiny spots in my cm last Sunday at 5dpo. They were hardly even noticeable. I'm on cd26 of a 27 day cycle, and I haven't began my regular spotting yet. I can definitely feel af on her way - even as if she will be here any minute - but I haven't had any of that nasty brown tissue-clotty stuff as I've had for the last XX # of years.

I'm kinda annoyed that the spotting hasn't happened this cycle because I've been getting my bloodtested for FSH, estradiol, and progesterone. And go figure that the one cycle I've had in the last ten years when I don't spot, is the one that I'm being closely monitored to find out why this is happening to me.
Have you tested Cantwaitforu? Is there a chance the spotting could be implantation bleeding? x

If spotting doesn't start today and AF doesn't arrive tomorrow, then I will have to! I just don't feel any different - zero symptoms. My temp is still way above my coverline, but dropped slightly from yesterday.

I'm not letting myself think like that though! I'm completely paranoid and think that my body is playing tricks on me. Brought a full purse full of pads to the office with me today!

Happyshopper:

Depending on what my doctor says and what he wants to put me on in the upcoming months, I would like to try soy (if I don't get put on clomid).

How have you been finding your cycle on soy?

Hello, been a while since I popped onto here. Last cycle my spotting was 6 days before my period and I was SO fed up. My nurse said, when I went for my smear, that is was nothing at all to worry about. But I was worried and I don't think that it is something doctors should ignore.

But anyway, on CD 26, 12 dpo this cycle, the spotting started, which was a considerable improvement. Last month on the 6th day of spotting I went for acupuncture. My acupuncturist had asked me to check to see if I was pregnant before I came so that she would be able to treat me (I think the heat treatment she used isn't good if you've just conceived. Of course BFN (crying on the drive there of course).

That treatment session was amazing, when she put one needle in, it felt like such a relief and that night a couple of hours later I started bleeding properly. My periods have been so light in recent months that I've almost convinced myself I'm going through the menopause! And this month , 24 hours spotting then full on period with no cramps at all (unheard of for me). I've blahed on about this in more detail in my journal. I'm also being very healthy this year and I finally feel it might be paying off.

I think that, if I'm taking the Chinese Medicine take on things, spotting is a symptom that things are a bit out of balance. I also think I'm acutely aware of anything that comes out of my cervix and that in days gone by I might never have noticed spotting. I'm ashamed to say I even wear white knickers after ov, to tell if I've spotted! I could only say that here. I still have my reservations that vits can mess around with my system, but no proof there and I'm still taking them. Oh, and my acupuncturist gave me some herbal pills too for my period pain. And, yuk, said that no tampax would really help. So I'm doing this - reluctantly.

It isn't cheap and I know it wouldn't be for everyone but I swear, acupuncture has shifted things for me. Even if it is just the placebo effect of it, no matter, I feel so much better this month. I don't trust I won't spot next month but even having one month off feels like progress. I haven't had any treatment this month (broke) but I think the effects last.

It feels good to have this thread still running. I think with this many of us having this symptom, it helps to know it isn't rare and that other people know how stressful and upsetting it is. We DO know our bodies! Hopefully we can keep this thread going and get some answers and BFPs in here to reassure other people.

Do you think it is related to being on the pill for 10 years plus? It seems to be a theme?

Do you think it is related to being on the pill for 10 years plus? It seems to be a theme?

Yes I do, so many people have it either after long term BCP or for a few cycles post BF that I really think it must be hormonally linked.

Great news that acupuncture gave you such a reduction in spotting. Like you i'm a sceptic, but I'd be happy if it works even on placebo too. I've seen a few people report significant improvement from acupuncture - where do they place the needles? Was it eastern or western acupuncture? I think i'd be willinh to give western a try.

Can'twaitforU- brilliant news re your spotting too. You've got me thinking about the dairy, what the link the excess oestrogens/hormones? I'm in the UK and not sure what the deal here is with pumping the cows full of 'extras' but I drink a pint every day and sometimes have a glass in the afternoon so two pints of milk some days. Maybe I should try cutting it and see or going organic to be safe.

AFM. Well I too had a 'better' cycle the one that is monitored! Spotting started 4DPO, but I've had no discharge as such it's all brown and gunky on internal checks but not enough to make it onto TP or underwear. I do wonder if I was checking it too often and that stopped it making it's way out (sorry if TMI!)
Had my 7DPO prog draw and it was 52 (about 16 or 17 on the US scale), the normal is 30+. My temps have been great levelling off at 98.6 and I even POAS as my chart looked so darn good (BFN). But today (14DPO AF due) and my temp dropped right down to 97.8 so I think i'm out. Oddly my brown spotting has gone internally even today, which is a first.

Dr checked my cervix and just says she thinks it's old blood and I shouldn't worry now with such a good prog blood. I hate that old blood line....from where and when exactly?!

I do wonder if it is stress linked or BD linked though as so many report there's getting worse once TTC, although of course we all check and notice more then too.

I'm going to ditch temping this cycle and see what happens. My O's are regular and having such a pretty chart this cycle has made the TWW unbearable tbh. Hoping temping will stop me obsessing so much, but we'll see.

Hi Nell - not sure if eastern or western? She puts most of the needles in my stomach and legs. I rarely feel them at all, just the odd one now and then. I don't like needles so this was not something I felt very positive about, but actually it is oddly relaxing. As long as I don't look down! Seeing them makes me feel a bit funny. THe only time I didn't enjoy was when she put one in my wrists and I got an itchy face. I was scared to move my arm so just lay there with an unbearable face itch! Not sure why I didn't say anything. How very British.

Yes I do, so many people have it either after long term BCP or for a few cycles post BF that I really think it must be hormonally linked.

Great news that acupuncture gave you such a reduction in spotting. Like you i'm a sceptic, but I'd be happy if it works even on placebo too. I've seen a few people report significant improvement from acupuncture - where do they place the needles? Was it eastern or western acupuncture? I think i'd be willinh to give western a try.

Can'twaitforU- brilliant news re your spotting too. You've got me thinking about the dairy, what the link the excess oestrogens/hormones? I'm in the UK and not sure what the deal here is with pumping the cows full of 'extras' but I drink a pint every day and sometimes have a glass in the afternoon so two pints of milk some days. Maybe I should try cutting it and see or going organic to be safe.

AFM. Well I too had a 'better' cycle the one that is monitored! Spotting started 4DPO, but I've had no discharge as such it's all brown and gunky on internal checks but not enough to make it onto TP or underwear. I do wonder if I was checking it too often and that stopped it making it's way out (sorry if TMI!)
Had my 7DPO prog draw and it was 52 (about 16 or 17 on the US scale), the normal is 30+. My temps have been great levelling off at 98.6 and I even POAS as my chart looked so darn good (BFN). But today (14DPO AF due) and my temp dropped right down to 97.8 so I think i'm out. Oddly my brown spotting has gone internally even today, which is a first.

Dr checked my cervix and just says she thinks it's old blood and I shouldn't worry now with such a good prog blood. I hate that old blood line....from where and when exactly?!

I do wonder if it is stress linked or BD linked though as so many report there's getting worse once TTC, although of course we all check and notice more then too.

I'm going to ditch temping this cycle and see what happens. My O's are regular and having such a pretty chart this cycle has made the TWW unbearable tbh. Hoping temping will stop me obsessing so much, but we'll see.

It doesn't hurt try organic. It's double the price here. it's also recommended to drink full fat milk - it is known to have less estrogen.

I have never been able to go on birth control pills - they either made me gain a ton of weight or make me extremely emotional and depressed. The last time I tried was probably about 4 years ago and I tried them out for two months.

I was very stressed over Christmas - I started spotting 5dpo, had a 10 day lp, and a 25 day cycle. i've only had a few meltdowns this cycle, but have tried so hard to do things for the sake of enjoying them - including bding!

don't know how reliable this article is, but it's been published by Harvard:

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/2006/12.07/11-dairy.html

I did a bit of checking and the UK doesn't add hormones to milk as such, that article (thanks!) suggests skimmed milk is best as the oestrogen is in the fat of milk- i drink skimmed already. Even so I might cut it right down to half a pint a day and see what happens. I don't want to cut it completely as I want to try maca this cycle and I think i'll need the milk to hide the taste.

mooncake - I think that would be eastern. I don't know much about it tbh, but my simplistic summary is that eastern is all meridian flows, qi and the like with needles all over. western works on the basis that you inflict a little pain on the specific area that needs 'healing' to rejolt the body into acknowledging a pain response and thus it will attempt to heal the area. I was curious if it was wstern where they'd place the needles!

I did a bit of checking and the UK doesn't add hormones to milk as such, that article (thanks!) suggests skimmed milk is best as the oestrogen is in the fat of milk- i drink skimmed already. Even so I might cut it right down to half a pint a day and see what happens. I don't want to cut it completely as I want to try maca this cycle and I think i'll need the milk to hide the taste.

mooncake - I think that would be eastern. I don't know much about it tbh, but my simplistic summary is that eastern is all meridian flows, qi and the like with needles all over. western works on the basis that you inflict a little pain on the specific area that needs 'healing' to rejolt the body into acknowledging a pain response and thus it will attempt to heal the area. I was curious if it was wstern where they'd place the needles!

Nell: don't take maca at night! DH and I were a couple cycles ago and we both had bad insomnia - which is strange for me as I have no problems sleeping or staying asleep. I've heard many good things about it!

UPDATE - I'm halfway through my day with no spotting. AF is due tomorrow. This is a miracle!

Happyshopper:

Depending on what my doctor says and what he wants to put me on in the upcoming months, I would like to try soy (if I don't get put on clomid).

How have you been finding your cycle on soy?

I think soy improved my spotting last month as I got to 9DPO when I would usually see spotting at 6DPO. So i have started taking b100 vitamins to try to get to 11DPO without spotting and I will let you know how it goes (in about 2 weeks time). I hope the spotting stays away for you x

Mooncake .... thanks for sharing your experiences with acupuncture. If I dont get a BFP in the next few months I think that will be the next step. I have a feeling it would work for me. Also I think that BC has caused my spotting. Pumping our bodies with hormones cannot be very good for us xxx

Hello
Just to throw my hat into the ring... I'm not sure my spotting is due to the birth control pill. I came off the pill about six years ago, but to be honest, I can't remember when the spotting started! I know it doesn't happen every cycle - but I've been very concious of it since TTC and it's happened every cycle since I've been looking for it!
I'm 8dpo today and have been spotting since 5 dpo, but it isn't getting heavier and it's brownish. I read somewhere recently (wish I could remember where) that it's actually very common and that it just means that a layer of 'nutrients' is being shed from the uterus - which won't necessarily bother an implanting embryo who needs the lining rather than the nutrients on top. My biggest prob (as I see it) is my luteal phase - only 10 days - am working on that one!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->