Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

MrsP, oh, I have those thoughts all the time. Recently with every new cycle I think that it'll give me more time to loose a bit more weight and have an easier time being pregnant. But I've decided to stop shielding myself from baby thoughts from now on. When we started, I didn't even fancy being pregnant for freaking 9 months. I just wanted a little baby in my arms as soon as possible, one that's a part of me and my DH. A few months passed by and I just wanted to get pregnant. A few more passed by and I felt I HAD to be pregnant. When when my cycles went wacko and I just wanted to be able to try with more of less predictable cycles. When I found out I stopped ovulating, and it all just came down to popping an egg. From a new born baby in my arms I downsized to an egg ;) And I was afraid to start thinking baby-terms again, because after all the information I've absorbed in this time and having dealt with PCOS diagnosis and still going through more tests, an actual baby appeared so far out of reach.

Trying to get back to thinking babies, not eggs again ;)

Our next FS app. is on May 2nd. It was supposed to be March 7th, but we moved it because DH had to redo SA and they didn't schedule it well, so the results wouldn't be ready on time. We only had one app. so far and haven't discussed anything, they just got all the information from us and sent me for another round of blood tests and SA. And I'd like to know the results, so wouldn't wanna skip that app. I think it'll still be a while till we're done with all the diagnostics though. I still resent going there though. And frankly very chicken to find out the SA results. But if those are good, then I would like to keep trying for a bit longer with no assistance.

It's so bloody frustrating isn't it. What I find funny is I just KNEW it was going to take a while. My mum had trouble conceiving though I was told it DOESN'T run in the family. I was googling IUI & IVF success rates the other night & got myself all upset that they were so low & thought we were destined never to have kids! :dohh: I hope the FS does further tests & finds something wrong thats easily treatable so I don't have to start more invasive procedures...GL with your appointment hun, I'm a bit scared for mine :( x

Soili - your post is SO very true. I remember when we first started trying and I was just constantly in a state of thinking I might be pregnant. I was so excited, and then once a few months went by, it was like someone popped my little bubble. I was so naive and then I quickly realized that it wouldn't be that easy for us. I still wish I had that naivete, but I am grateful I have the experience. So many people have NO CLUE and therefore are insensitive when dealing with others going through IF. Since 1 in 8 people will experience infertility, we're not alone.

MrsP - Don't get down about the IUI/IVF stats. I hope that your FS gets you on a good plan. I think injectibles will give you better odds than just the clomid.

I may be looking at all this from rose-colored glasses because...
tumblr_m261wtnvul1qd99p4o1_500.png Tested early and SURPRISE! I'll call for a beta tomorrow, so cautiously excited at this point. WE ARE SHOCKED.

Hi ladies hope everyone is well I have been missing in action for a while posting on another thread but just had a big catchup read

Big congrats nell on your lovely news I hope the time passes quickly for u and u have a beautiful baby in your arms in what feels like the blink of an eye xx

Was hoping there would be a flurry of bfp's and of course hoped I woul be able to post a bfp announcement but still trying my end too
Good news for me is that my luteal phase seems to be increasing probably due to agnus castus and b complex but spotting remains without fail

Had a 13 or 14 day lp just gone was starting to think it may have been my time as had usual spotting but it tailes off back to creamy cm for about 2/3 days so i was feeling hopeful and my imagination ran away with me dammit have always had an overactive imagination, but half an hour after I tested bfn af arrived, that always seems to happen I rarely test but the few times I have af arrives shortly after my body playing tricks with me!
Hit me pretty hard and was v tearful lowest I have felt in a while

In a bit of a state of limbo just started cycle 8 still too early for anything to be investigated yet all I have had is one day 21 test would love another one has been a few months since I last pestered my dr so been thinking lately I might go back and see him

Your last few posts really resonated with me I have been thinking similar thoughts lately
Once we decided to start going for it I was so ignorant and thought a few months and pow I would be pregnant and about 6 months gone by now!
Got way too ahead I myself and then when I started to notice the spotting I thought hang on I think we could be in for a wait here,had never thought I might would be a statistic of the worrying kind, now I never get past the ttc stage of research looking at prams etc still seems a long way off

Mrsp I know what you mean too we have just booked a holiday and when I thought I might of been pregnant I was thinking ooh I would have to take it pretty easy and not drink etc it would be more convenient if I wasn't even though I do want it more than anything more than a bloody holiday! Maybe it's normal to have such thoughts though it messes with your head it's so up and down this ttc business

Anyway sorry for the ramble good luck to those in the 2ww and those waiting to O hope it comes round soon
Xxx

Ooh daydream I only just saw your attachment eeeeeeeekkkkk!!!
Oh my goodness that is amazing!!!!! I chose a good day to revisit this thread!
Huuuuge congrats to u and ur partner xxxxxxxx

It's so bloody frustrating isn't it. What I find funny is I just KNEW it was going to take a while. My mum had trouble conceiving though I was told it DOESN'T run in the family. I was googling IUI & IVF success rates the other night & got myself all upset that they were so low & thought we were destined never to have kids! :dohh: I hope the FS does further tests & finds something wrong thats easily treatable so I don't have to start more invasive procedures...GL with your appointment hun, I'm a bit scared for mine :( x

I still hope there's nothing wrong with us, aside from my PCOS, which seems to be under control for the moment with Metformin. There doesn't seem to be that many easily treatable "wrongs" in fertility. Even getting someone to ovulate might take a lot of effort and that's just drugs. I sure hope there would be no "procedures" or surgeries involved. I might just choose not to do it at all.

I'm scared shitless (pardon my French) of the next app. I don't really care about my blood results, I already know I have PCOS. So it either confirms it or denies it, no bad news there. But terrified to find out about SA. Let there be at least some swimmers!

daydream, OMG!! One more BFP in our thread!! It must be some extra eggy Easter fertility these days! So happy for you!! :hugs:

I have read your TTC blog/journal when you joined the thread and it was as if I wrote it myself. The sense of urgency and desperation that appears after a few months of trying is undeniable. Everyone should just get pregnant after 3 months TOPS. That 25% success rate for each cycle and the randomness of it is such cruel nonsense.

But I really hope it's all behind for you now! So in the end it only took 2 IUI cycles? Did you feel anything different at all this time around?

Thanks Soili!

This was IUI#3. The first two were with 5mg Femara and were BFN.

This IUI, we did gonal f 150iu from CD3-CD8, scan on CD9 with trigger at 9pm that night and IUI 9am on CD11, so 36 hours apart. Had three follicles, two on my left side, 16mm and 20mm, and 1 on my right, 18mm. Felt ovulation cramping several hours after the IUI, so I think the timing was perfect. Other than that no real changes, no caffeine, no alcohol (but had done this with the other IUIs). We had started cooking at home more with whole organic foods. DH had started his fertility vitamins about 4 weeks before, so I don't know if that was enough time for that to affect the results (we didn't do morphology on this sample). Wasn't symptom spotting because most were the same progesterone type symptoms: vivid dreams, sore bbs. Yesterday had a monster headache and felt "off", but that could have just been placebo effect after seeing the faint line :haha:

Daydream you're pregnant!!!!! I just read your blog!! Omg congratulations how excited are you right now!?!? Pls keep us updated after you see your doctor!!! I hope you girls don't mind I've been following all of you to stay updated!! Nell Congrats to you as well!! 2 BFPs is awesome for this thread:) I know they'll be more soon!!

AFM, I'm in my second trimester now, can't believe it. Oddly enough, my Gyno seemed to pinpoint the cause of my spotting. I had been having a spotty pregnancy as well, no surprise there. Apparently my pregnancy had pushed out a polyp that ended up on my
cervix. So after all of those fertility docs never knowing for more then a year of TTC
, it turned out to be a polyp no one could find. So annoying. I'm still spotting a bit, but I've come to terms with it and the baby seems fine:)

Good luck to all of you spotters, I can't wait to see all of your BFPs coming down the pine soon:) xxxxxx

TTC - Yes! Can't believe it! We're pretty stoked, feeling a bit cautious though since it is so early. I'll feel better once I get my beta and see the levels rising.

Wow! Second trimester! It's flying by! I'm glad you found the reason for the spotting and know it's all okay and baby is nice and safe.

Daydream - Congratulations, that's a lovely looking test :) :) :)

Congratulations daydream! :happydance:. So happy for you! And great to hear of an IUI success! I will now give it at least 3 IUI cycles before moving onto IVF (if it all comes to that) x

Wow great to see some BFPs ladies.

Nell – I know we haven’t spoke much but just wanted to say a huge congraulations to you and your DH.

Daydream - so chuffed for you too. You guys must be thrilled.

Hope everyone else is good and that bit nearer to their BFPs.

AFM - cycle day 6 and tons and tons of EWCM. Have never had so much. Not really sure what is happening. Surely can't be ovulating yet.

daydream, :happydance::yipee: So excited for you! 3rd time's the charm, apparently :) Wishing you a healthy and happy 9 months, you deserve it!

Soili, I understand how you feel completely. I go back and forth all the time about all this medical intervention vs going the route of herbal supplements, acupressure/acupuncture, relaxation. Every time I'm read to throw in the towel and say screw you, modern medicine, I get a new glimmer of hope from some doctor and then put my faith back into modern science. At some point I think we just have to trust that there has been a lot of research and these people know what they are doing. This is the outlook I am taking. :hugs: to you!

AFM, I'm at 13DPO now and my spotting has been pretty non existant for the past 3 days. Just a teeny bit of beige CM. I will often get a break in my spotting before AF, but this time my spotting lasted longer than normal, and my break has come kinda late. I'm not sure what is going on. I think I will test tomorrow if AF doesn't arrive today. I've had no symptoms, and i've had a lot of false hope in the past, so I have no expectation of seeing a BFP.

Hope everyone had a happy holiday! :bunny:

Congratulations daydream! I'm so happy for you :happydance: It's great to see yet another BFP on this thread. Wish you happy and healthy 9 months :flower:

Thanks ladies, we are still a bit in disbelief. I think once we get some good betas and see it on u/s it might finally sink in

Good luck Chloe!

Daydream I've just had a peek at your journal, you're very creative!!

Hi :wave: to everyone else!

x

Dayyyyyydream!! Look at that! The perfect Easter egg! So happy for you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->