Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Yippppeeeee!!!!! Congratulations Chloe amazing news!!! All the best to u and ur family for the next nine months xxx

There's been bfp's galore this month on this thread and another one I look at hopefully the lucky streak will continue next month too :0)
I'm so sad I have looked at a yearly horoscope that's how much of a loser I am June and July mention children for gemini so if I don't get a bfp until than that is my next goal!

Blimey Chloe, congratulations! It's all happening on here!
How long were you trying in the end? Interesting that your spotting was 'usual' for you until you got your beautiful BFP. It's turning into a lucky thread I think! x

MrsHY, how are things with you, hun? Are you done with the pill? I'm betting on you to bring us the next bfp! :D

Hi Soili
God I hope so hon! I'm hoping that ALL of us spotting old-timers get our much longed-for BFP!
Yes, the pill is thankfully gone and I started injecting myself with 150 units of gonal f on Monday night. It's a low dose for IVF - as I'm at high risk of OHSS (a horrible condition where you can literally put on a stone in weight every night as you retain fluid) and I had a good antral follicle count. But now I'm thinking, what if it isn't high enough!! I should know more when I have my scan next Monday. From Friday night I add in an atagonist injection - fun! x

Yay, wheels are in motion! :happydance: I hope the dose is just right! I think you'd rather end up with fewer good eggs, than with a bunch that are so-so.

How do you find injections? Is it easy to do? Not too uncomfortable? I'm trying to come around to the idea that we might be needing to go that route sometime in the future too. And I usually prefer to go in knowing what to expect :)

Hi Soili
Thanks! Yes you're probably right - and in fact Nell said that her successful IVF was as a result of less stimulation so who knows!
Trust me - if you end up pursuing the IVF route then the injections are really easy. I was really nervous on Monday evening but when I did it I could barely feel the needle going in, just a TINY amount of stinging as I held the 'pen' in place (it needs to be left in for 10 seconds for the entire dose to come through). But asbolutely nothing to write home about.
What are the next steps for you - I guess a good few more natural cycles given the bulk of when you were trying you weren't ovulating? x

I actually have no idea what's next ;) When we had our first app., no treatments were discussed yet. Our next one is May 2nd and I only know that we're going to find out the result of SA and of my CD3 blood re-test. I'm assuming provided that SA is alright and CD3 is about the same as the first time, they'll send me for HSG next and THEN there might be drugs discussed. That's just my assumptions though. Since nothing was discussed and all my knowledge of fertility treatments is foreign, there could be surprises ;) I'm gonna have to start writing questions that I would like to ask...

In the meantime if I find out that there will be no help anytime soon, I might consider low dose Soy again. I tried it a few times last year when I wasn't ovulating and it didn't make it happen, although it seemed like it was trying to help. But I wonder if it'll work better with Met now. It does seem to work for some girls :)

MrsHY, that is so exciting! You are onto the injections now. How long until you get embryos implanted? It's always exciting trying something new because you know you aren't repeating the same old thing that didn't work, over and over again!

I think all in all I was trying for ~10 months. I went off BCP in May of 2011. 2 failed clomid cycles and a crazy long anovulatory cycles thrown in there.

Soili, how much Soy did you take? I have read you should take twice as much Soy as you would Clomid.

Chloe, if I remember right, I did 120-120-160-160-200mg. I tried it twice, once in the middle of the cycle that granted was wrong, but still worked for some girls. And another time like proper Clomid, CD5-9. It didn't work unfortunately. I still don't know what kickstarted my ovulation again. I was on the pill for 2 months in September/October, ovulated first month off it and then with Metformin added, continued to ovulate for the 4 next cycles. I really expected to get pregnant quick, once I would start ovulating again. Most girls do. But now starting to wonder if there's something else wrong, aside from PCOS.

hello ladies,
sorry i haven't posted in a while !

nell- i'm so very happy 4r u hun ! biggg congratsss ! :happydance::happydance: whenever i read ur posts i wondered how u went thru with all the iui,ivf & all that stuff..ur strength inspired me many a times ! have a h&h 9 months ! fx ! [-o< 4r ya !

chloe- congratts !:wohoo: so very happy 4r u ! i understand abt ur concerns but be positive ! fx crossed & prayers ur way 4r sticky,healthy bean !

daydream- :yipee::yipee: congrats hun ! so happy 4r all the bfp's on the thread ! have a h&h 9 months ! :happydance:

mrsp- hi sorry abt the af..v r cycle buddies ! thats gud news abt long lp & no spotting ! did u spot at all this cycle ? did u do anything diff apart 4rm clomid ? i never got to 11 dpo :( ..going thru the thread i saw ur o pain & i had the same on my right ov..i thought something burst,it was so bad..i had sprained my ankle at the time so tuk a med & was gone! gl this cycle !

mrsh- hiii ! howzz everything going ? ur process of self injecting scared the hell outta me but ur post gave me som relief..gl with ur scan ! fx 4r ya !

happyshopper- hi there ! sorry the hsg messed ur cycles hun :hugs: my mom conceived me the month after hsg ! gl with this one !

exp- sorry abt the af :hugs: fx & gl with this cycle ! any changes this cycle ?

:hi: to everyone else & welcome newbies !

afm, nothing new to report..no change with spotting xcept its gone worse..during lp,i start spotting next day after bd ..i had like 6 days of spotting lst cycle..

:dust::dust:

Hi yum! Welcome back we've missed you! Sorry your spotting has been crappy this month hun :hugs:

Nothing was done differently this cycle but I did stop taking vits a couple of months ago so it may be that. I did spot at 11/12 dpo, then it stopped & AF came all of a sudden with no spotting 14/15 dpo! First time I've had over a 12 day LP! Yeah my cyst was really bad on what I think was ovulation day, I must mention it to the FS when I go.

x

Hope you are all well?
Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I know my post won't exactly bring a huge bundle of hope as I've been doing IVF but I wanted to share my news with my fellow spotters as per my signature (for those that are new I spotted every single natural cycle from around 4-6dpo right through until AF)

I'm totally symptomless and the last couple of days i've even had my usual brown gunky spotting......yah that's right I got a rest from the spotting for a whole 1 week and now it's back.....but I do have hcg in my blood and for now it's rising, so I am apparently pregnant.

I had a really ropey start numbers wise, but i'm just trying to stay positive now for the next couple of weeks until my viability scan.

Congrats Nell! I secretly still stalk this thread and am so happy to read your news. Stay positive - the little bean WANTS to stick. Can't believe it has been a year since getting my bfp - it goes by in a flash! I will continue looking for updates.
:thumbup:

Hello ladies! Chloe, congrats!!! Such a huge bfp!!

Sorry for no update yesterday - I have been waiting to send good news but things are still a bit muddled. Yesterday, I got a very faint bfp in the morning :) By yesterday afternoon I was able to get some more tests and got another positives(different type) and two very, very pale lines on a different type that my DH swore he could barely see.

This morning, I took another two, the kind I got a faint positive on yesterday, and both were bfp! Still faint though.

I’ll wait till this weekend to take the digital as I only have one and they don’t sell them anywhere in the country. If it’s positive, I’ll go ahead and get blood work done.

The reason I am being so hesitant is because I have been getting loads of cramps around my ovaries like AF is coming - and last night was woken up again with a really nasty spasm. I haven’t been sleeping very well, and keep burping!

Since I am on duphaston, day 11 of 14, I wanted to talk to the doctor who prescribed them. He’s in Bangkok, and unfortunately, unavailable until April 17th. So I have been really trying to figure out whether I should keep taking it (it’s a progesterone supplement, but isn’t natural - it’s chemical). I really don’t want to, as the brand was discontinued in Canada, the UK and Australia (due to the market, not due to side effects), and I am just so worried about taking anything. But stopping it may cause more harm? Daugh. Now you can see why I wanted to write - I wanted to get my head a bit more straightened out.

Maybe you have advice -- if you have been taking progesterone or a cloned type for your spotting -- and you get pregnant, when can you go off it?

So funny isn’t it - I waited to see a positive for so long, and now all I am is worried?!?

expat!! Congrats!! I totally understand your worry though, I spent most of today so anxious that I couldn't eat.

Regarding the progesterone, I will take that until at least 10 weeks. I take prometrium 200mg, vaginally, once a day.

I hope those cramps are just the normal pregnancy cramps. My uterus has been very "active" all week. Not necessarily painful, just mild.

AFM - I got my second beta today.... 266 at 14dpo from 61 at 12dpo. That's a 22 hour doubling rate. My dr said this sounds like a multiples possibility. With three follicles, we've got a chance at triplets (or a rare chance at quads if any split, which I really hope not). However, I also know there are plenty of people with quick rising HCG that end up with just one. I just care that at our scan (May 3rd) we see at least 1 healthy baby.

Hello ladies! Chloe, congrats!!! Such a huge bfp!!

Sorry for no update yesterday - I have been waiting to send good news but things are still a bit muddled. Yesterday, I got a very faint bfp in the morning :) By yesterday afternoon I was able to get some more tests and got another positives(different type) and two very, very pale lines on a different type that my DH swore he could barely see.

This morning, I took another two, the kind I got a faint positive on yesterday, and both were bfp! Still faint though.

I’ll wait till this weekend to take the digital as I only have one and they don’t sell them anywhere in the country. If it’s positive, I’ll go ahead and get blood work done.

The reason I am being so hesitant is because I have been getting loads of cramps around my ovaries like AF is coming - and last night was woken up again with a really nasty spasm. I haven’t been sleeping very well, and keep burping!

Since I am on duphaston, day 11 of 14, I wanted to talk to the doctor who prescribed them. He’s in Bangkok, and unfortunately, unavailable until April 17th. So I have been really trying to figure out whether I should keep taking it (it’s a progesterone supplement, but isn’t natural - it’s chemical). I really don’t want to, as the brand was discontinued in Canada, the UK and Australia (due to the market, not due to side effects), and I am just so worried about taking anything. But stopping it may cause more harm? Daugh. Now you can see why I wanted to write - I wanted to get my head a bit more straightened out.

Maybe you have advice -- if you have been taking progesterone or a cloned type for your spotting -- and you get pregnant, when can you go off it?

expat- congrats ! :happydance: so happy 4r u ! sorry abt my earlier post regarding ur af..i saw ur ticker which said day2..so sorry hun ! hope u have a healthy & sticky bean:hugs:
generally speaking, when u get a bfp,u continue using prog till u see ur doc but i'm no expert... did u try callin the doc's office & talking to some other doc ? may b someone on the thread can guide u better !

Thanks ladies! Good grief, I don't know what I'd do without you. daydream, I think your HCG results are great -- can't wait for the scan!!

Yum, when I rang the clinic, the nurses wouldn't put another doctor on the phone. They passed my questions back and forth to another attending doctor, but I couldn't speak to him directly, which was incredibly frustrating. I MUST find a doc right away down in Cairns so that I can go and see someone to put my mind at ease. Funny to have to fly to another country to get health care! Eeeks! At least I should be able to get my blood done here!!

I will keep taking the duphaston until I speak with the doc on the 17th. The cramps are still there, dull and achy, but not sharp. Just scares me!

expatttc, first of all, HUGE congrats!! :D

Now about your duphaston question. If I were you, I'd continue taking it at least until you get to talk to your doctor. Being discontinued doesn't have to do with this particular product. It's still just a synthetic progesterone, like many others out there. And a lot of women are told to take it in early pregnancy if their progesterone levels are low. I think the biggest concern would be dropping it suddenly. The way I see it, at this particular moment your pregnancy hormones are only starting to tell corpus luteum to continue pumping progesterone. If by any chance spotting was in fact due to low progesterone, then it wouldn't be a good idea to stop now. Just think that a lot of women take the very same syntetic progesterone (just by different brand name) specifically to support early pregnancy.

And once again, congratulations!! :) Worrying is absolute normal, so don't worry about being worried ;)

It's 4 BFPs already in just a month, isn't it??? WHOA.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->