Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

OMFG I blinkin well knew it!!! Like Nell I just yelled out with joy causing DH to come legging it into the room to see what all the fuss was about!
I'm sending lots and lots of sticky vibes your way (that sounds weird!). I'm also going to hit the health food store for omega 3 and vit D tomorrow!!!
It was a good day for me too - despite the AF onset - I called the hospital to check they'd received my paperwork - they had - and invited me in for my ultrasound on Monday! So I won't have to wait until June after all. Hopefully I'll then get to see someone - who knows - I might be on Clomid next cycle! Or, even better, this thread might be lucky and I'll be joining you in the naturally knocked-up club cantwaitforu! xxxxx

cantwaitforyou, try & relax..its gonna b ok ! little bean is here to stick :)
i'm with ya, sure many more r just around !

mrshy, luks like u scared DH ! LOL..sorry abt af dear ! gud luck with u/s on mon ! luks like april is good 4r us spotters ! touchwoo! that sounds like a funn vacation ! time to tan ! njoy ur vaction !

OMFG I blinkin well knew it!!! Like Nell I just yelled out with joy causing DH to come legging it into the room to see what all the fuss was about!
I'm sending lots and lots of sticky vibes your way (that sounds weird!). I'm also going to hit the health food store for omega 3 and vit D tomorrow!!!
It was a good day for me too - despite the AF onset - I called the hospital to check they'd received my paperwork - they had - and invited me in for my ultrasound on Monday! So I won't have to wait until June after all. Hopefully I'll then get to see someone - who knows - I might be on Clomid next cycle! Or, even better, this thread might be lucky and I'll be joining you in the naturally knocked-up club cantwaitforu! xxxxx

LOL, that's so funny! You ladies are really something special :flower:

Thank you MrsHY! Oh, I'm so happy for your progress - that makes all the difference! As soon as I knew someone could help and wanted to my hope was restored. Omega 3 and vit D3 are super important for pregnancy as well. It won't hurt anyone to take them.

BIG :hugs:

cantwaitforyou, try & relax..its gonna b ok ! little bean is here to stick :)
i'm with ya, sure many more r just around !

Thanks yum! I'm sure the nervousness will never actually end. I just can't wait for it to feel real. :)

Cantwaitforyou this is such good news!!! Wow wow wow!! :dance::wohoo: Especially after what the doc said the other day!! I read the posts in order and when I saw your post about no spotting, high temps I had a sneaking suspiscion you might get your :bfp:!

Re the temping stressing you ladies out, me too, after last cycle being so disappointing after all the symptoms I'm trying to chill out this month. I'm not setting my alarm any earlier (apart from when I'm around ovulation time) I'll take my temp whenever I get up (though 4 out of 5 working days this is the same time anyway) my thermometer is broken I think I need to get an exchange at Boots tomorrow so my chart is all over the place anyway :dohh:. I'm not gonna check my cervix position or examine my boobs every day in the luteal phase either :blush:. I've started taking a Horny Goat Weed complex this cycle which I'll take up to ovulation and have ordered some Conceive Plus as the Pre-seed's done nothing in 6 months. Good luck to all you ladies near testing, I'm still in the "other 2WW" so it'll be a while for me xx

Cantwaitforyou this is such good news!!! Wow wow wow!! :dance::wohoo: Especially after what the doc said the other day!! I read the posts in order and when I saw your post about no spotting, high temps I had a sneaking suspiscion you might get your :bfp:!

Re the temping stressing you ladies out, me too, after last cycle being so disappointing after all the symptoms I'm trying to chill out this month. I'm not setting my alarm any earlier (apart from when I'm around ovulation time) I'll take my temp whenever I get up (though 4 out of 5 working days this is the same time anyway) my thermometer is broken I think I need to get an exchange at Boots tomorrow so my chart is all over the place anyway :dohh:. I'm not gonna check my cervix position or examine my boobs every day in the luteal phase either :blush:. I've started taking a Horny Goat Weed complex this cycle which I'll take up to ovulation and have ordered some Conceive Plus as the Pre-seed's done nothing in 6 months. Good luck to all you ladies near testing, I'm still in the "other 2WW" so it'll be a while for me xx

Thanks MrsPTTC! It seems you all knew before me!

Temping became stressful for me and I stopped during AF and on the weekends. I only did it around ovulation and through my luteal phase. I needed the break, but I'm glad I kept up with it to show my doctor.

Thanks MrsPTTC! It seems you all knew before me!

Temping became stressful for me and I stopped during AF and on the weekends. I only did it around ovulation and through my luteal phase. I needed the break, but I'm glad I kept up with it to show my doctor.

Yeah I've been very sleepy because of the waking at stupid o clock on a weekend - even though I go back to sleep I'm not a very good sleeper anyway so it's just not good for me! And watching my temps through the LP was very stressful and you look for implantation dips etc.. I only really started temping to make sure I ovulated which I did both cycles, now onto cycle 3 temping so I'll keep it up around ovulation x

and have ordered some Conceive Plus as the Pre-seed's done nothing in 6 months
:haha: I've just done the opposite and am switching to pre-seed thsi month, gotta try everything eh?!

Re temping, are you sure you're affected by timing? I'm not luckily, I take my temp anywhere between 3am and 6am (I'm a poor sleeper) and it really makes no difference. I just make a note of the time I took it that day but my chart still has a really clear trend (always below 97.6 pre O and above 98 in my LP). I also log mine on the TCOYF software and that will adjust your temps (if you want it to, I don't) for you based on time, allowing normal lie ins at weekends etc.

MrsHy - that's great news about the ultrasound being so fast and no waiting. Fingers crossed that's just a formality for you to be given clomid - would taking it coincide with your holidays? I've heard some women have side effects, hot flushes, mood swings etc but others had no side effects at all....other than a BFP of course :happydance:

and have ordered some Conceive Plus as the Pre-seed's done nothing in 6 months
:haha: I've just done the opposite and am switching to pre-seed thsi month, gotta try everything eh?!

Re temping, are you sure you're affected by timing? I'm not luckily, I take my temp anywhere between 3am and 6am (I'm a poor sleeper) and it really makes no difference. I just make a note of the time I took it that day but my chart still has a really clear trend (always below 97.6 pre O and above 98 in my LP). I also log mine on the TCOYF software and that will adjust your temps (if you want it to, I don't) for you based on time, allowing normal lie ins at weekends etc.

MrsHy - that's great news about the ultrasound being so fast and no waiting. Fingers crossed that's just a formality for you to be given clomid - would taking it coincide with your holidays? I've heard some women have side effects, hot flushes, mood swings etc but others had no side effects at all....other than a BFP of course :happydance:

I think it does affect it a bit but not by much and as long as I can see clear pre and post ovulation temps I'm not that bothered, I think I need to chill out a bit :wacko:. How long did you use conceive plus for? x

Just noticed my ticker - TTC officially 7 months today! :sad1: 70-75% conceive within 6 months so I feel like I've crossed over onto the dark side ha ha :haha: x

Just noticed my ticker - TTC officially 7 months today! :sad1: 70-75% conceive within 6 months so I feel like I've crossed over onto the dark side ha ha :haha: x

mrspttc,

:hugs:

not the drk side:nope:
just a better side !:flower:
have a nice weekend everyone !

mrspttc,

:hugs:

not the drk side:nope:
just a better side !:flower:
have a nice weekend everyone !

Ha Yum, I would rather be in the lucky 75% of the population rather than the unlucky 25% :haha:. Hope you have a nice weekend too hun x

Hi girls :flower:

Just wanted to share what my doc said this morning when I went to see her about spotting before AF (sometimes up to five days before). she asked me how long we'd been TTC (3 months) and, firstly, said she 'wouldn't even think about jumping in and testing hormone levels until we've been TTC for 12 months or more'. Hmmmph.

But she did seem pretty certain that if it's spotting followed by AF, then they're not that concerned about it because it's counted as being 'part' of that AF, especially if it's darker/browner (older) blood. they're only really worried if it's constant spotting in the middle of a cycle, or on random days when it really shouldn't be there. not especially helpful, but did set my mind a bit at rest that she wasn't unduly worried...xx:kiss:

Hello ladies!
Did we all have good weekends?
Thanks for posting Morticia! Do you spot before every period?
Well, I had my scan and blood tests at hospital this morning! I saw a doctor for my scan - she was brilliant. She said I have a 'beautiful uterus' (!) and that my tubes and uterus lining all look OK. They can't tell for certain from a scan that there's nothing wrong with my tubes, but there was no liquid in them, which is apparently a good sign.
As suspected (and I knew this from my last scan 5 yrs ago), I have polycystic ovaries - but only 13-14 cysts on each ovary which apparently isn't bad (although it sounds horrendous!) which is why they feel I am ovulating each month, albeit rather late in my cycle.

I told the doc about how I ovulate late and get my period fairly soon after, inc spotting, and she proactively used the term 'luteal phase deficiency.' So it looks like they take it seriously which is good. NB she didn't seem overly concerned about the spotting - more that my overall LP length (inc spotting) is 9 days.

I now have a follow-up appt booked to see the consultant gynae 2 weeks tomorrow, to discuss treatment. The doc who did the scan told me there's a good chance I'll be offered Clomid, but due to my 'healthy ovaries' (albeit cysty ones!) they would be a little worried about over-stimulation and/or multiple pregnancy.

So, between now and 19th, I'm going to research my head off about Clomid so that I can ask the doc lots of questions and know what I'm talking about! The doc who did my scan said that I'll also be put on the list for IVF. That's a little scary so I'm not thinking too much about that yet - I'm hoping nature or Clomid will do the trick first!

xxx

Hi MrsHY,

Wow - that's great that you have found out something you can research and now work with positively to bring about a healthy pregnancy! It must sound upsetting but must also be great to have someone taking you seriously and working to sort it out for you. Keep us posted!! (and how lovely to have a 'beautiful uterus!':flower:)

As for my spotting...yes, since coming off bcp seven months ago I've had spotting every month - and in fact even while I was on bcp (for last 10 years) I was getting spotting in between cycles every month for a couple of days. so looks like I'm a 'spotter'. I can't remember what AF was like before bcp because it was so long ago...but don't think I spotted then.

This month however I haven't had any spotting yet - and am on CD32, waiting for AF on Wednesday...so I'm hoping something has shifted or, miracle of miracles, I might *even* get my BFP. ha - I'm not counting my chickens yet though! (It is horrible - every time I go to the loo I'm preparing myself for those dratted brown/red spots...it's such an emotional rollercoaster!)

Good luck to you and here's hoping your doc can answer every one of your Clomid questions! xx:kiss:

Hi guys! I'm taking Provera at the moment, to induce the period and give my estrogen-overloaded body some progesterone balance. Been feeling great lately, have plenty of energy to work out and I finally stopped mad irrational obsession over TTC. Gosh, I can get it now what pre-menopausal women feel when body pushes for ovulation but can't do it, it's horrid.

Oh, there's something I wanted to add too. I've never had this spotting issue before. Not before the pill, not while on the pill, not in the first months after the pill. It only started in November last year, I believe I was having anovulatory cycles every since. I don't know what went wrong, but I'm hoping I can kick my body back into normality with progesterone.

Hi everyone,

I've discovered something very interesting in regards to the spotting before AF that I thought I should mention. I had tried progesterone cream 3 DPO until AF, and it helped a LITTLE bit, but I was still spotting before (just not the full 7 days before). I didn't bother with the cream last month, or this month.

This month, however, I'm now 10 DPO, and not only is there NO sign of spotting, but the huge, bloated, painful boobs I'm used to getting a couple days after ovulating are no where in sight. I never put those two together, and it's probably been over a decade since I've had a cycle with no swollen breasts.

The thing I've done different this month, since about a day before I started my last period, is I cut out grains out of my diet! I decided to try the Primal Blueprint diet, so I've just stopped eating grains (bread, cereal, corn, etc.) and cut WAAAAY back on sugar (just a little honey in my coffee, or some fruit), and not only have I dropped 7 pounds in less than a month (I still have about 15 to go until my target weight), but I seem to have balanced my hormones as well!

I now have a theory that perhaps a lot of us may have a gluten sensitivity, or some sort of grain allergy or sensitivity that is causing our hormones to go out of whack just enough to cause some unwanted side effects, like luteal phase defects.

I recommend you girls try the primal blueprint diet for 30 days, from the first day of your next period and see if your cycle fixes itself. Come on ladies, I think we can figure this out, since western medicine seems to be failing us!

The Primal Blueprint diet is similar to the Paleo Diet, but it's not nearly as strict. Go to Marks Daily Apple website for more info. (I don't mean to be promoting this so strongly, but I feel SO DIFFERENT since I've started this diet, that I kind of believe that I've been poisoning myself with things that I'm allergic to my whole life, and I'm really curious to see if it affects others with their hormone levels like it's affected me.)

I would love to hear if anyone wants to try it, and to hear their results, so keep posting!

hello ladies, hope all my fellow spotters had a gr8 weekend !

morticia, welcome ! :thumbup: to no spotting ! hope it fixed itself & u soon get a :bfp: fx 4r ya dear !

mrshy, :flower: 4r the lovely uterus ! its a relief that ur doc is finally on board ! gud luck with everything & hope u get some ans soon !

baddream13, yayyy to no spotting & 7 pounds lost :happydance:! i dont think i can follow the blueprint diet b/c of my digestive issues but sure will luk it up ! thanks 4r sharing !

:dust:

The Primal Blueprint diet is similar to the Paleo Diet, but it's not nearly as strict. Go to Marks Daily Apple website for more info. (I don't mean to be promoting this so strongly, but I feel SO DIFFERENT since I've started this diet, that I kind of believe that I've been poisoning myself with things that I'm allergic to my whole life, and I'm really curious to see if it affects others with their hormone levels like it's affected me.)

It is really awesome that it helped you! Well, I for one can't see myself eating mostly eggs, meat and veggies even for a week. And I have a rule of not doing any diet if I know that one day I'll want to quit it and quit it hard. And this thing you're trying appears to be more of a lifestyle change, than just simple diet correction.

But good luck to you, I hope it really worked! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->