Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Yum/almost/yoms - I'm also on the petite side - 5'2" and on the low side of normal bmi... Iinteresting possible connection between weight and luteal phase defects

Yoms, sorry about the :witch:

Interesting discussion here about the weight/luteal phase relation. I'm also pretty skinny, 5'5 and was a bit over 100lb before my bfp. I was quite worried about my weight, but appetite has doubled so fortunately I've been able to gain 16 pounds so far. Almost, I wouldn't worry about gaining too much, it's all for the baby!

Gobolino, greenleaf, sorry about the witch :hugs: Baby dust to you, hope next month is the one for you. I had my progesterone tested on both CD3 and CD21.

Saphire, don't count yourself out. I spotted for at least a week before AF, the strongest spotting was during the month I got my bfp. OPKs personally helped me feel more certain about what I was doing. We'd bd every day around the time it was positive to increase our chances.

Yoms, before you know it, you'll be talking about your own pregnancy experiences. Sorry about AF :hugs: Baby dust to you!

Daydream, love Harrison's pictures, especially the one where he's smiling :) It'll be nice to have your mom there once lo is born. My mother-in-law will be staying with us too for a bit once the baby is born. I feel blessed, she's an awesome woman AND a NICU nurse with a 30 year professional experience, so I'm not freaking out as much about not knowing what to do once the baby is born.

dreaming, it took me a long time to post tickers too, I was so afraid to jinx it. Take your time. Regarding the gender, I've been thinking it's a girl since the beginning, probably because it's a tough little cookie that held on despite all the bleeding and clot passing. However, everyone around me has decided it's a boy, so now even I refer to the baby as 'he'. We'll see what the baby thinks about it all this Friday.

MrsP, expat, how have you been?

Darn, I just passed my CD3. Well, next cycle then... but then again, maybe next cycle won't come for another 9 months LOL!

I DO believe in miracles! Just have to keep [-o<

Agghhhh, not sure today. Think it was the witches evil cousin Abnormal Bleeding... back to brown spotting today and temp back up! Think maybe you're right yum and it was brought on by the exam! :shrug:

Wow, that's five of us on the petite size. Unusual in a normal random mix of people to have lots of slim people, definitely not usually the case for me. Maybe it really is true... Pass me the chocolate!! haha

Fx for you this cycle GL.

Hi ladies, at 5'4 and 125 lbs (pre pregnant) I was normal BMI. My spotting however started after two factors - me going off the pill, and losing 5lbs (which I attributed to stopping the pill).

Katie all's fine on the pregnancy front :)

Hi,
I've been salking this thread for a while. It's great that so many of you are pregnant now
I came off bcp a year ago and have been ttc for 9 months.
A few months after coming of bcp I started spotting 2-7 days before af. My cycles are about 32 days long. I'm worried this has something to do with why we haven't been able to conceive.
I started spotting today again and I always feel like the spotting means I'm out. Did many of you spot the month you got bfp's?
Feeling a bit scared and lonley as we haven't told anyone we are trying and it seems so easy for people around me who are pregnant! I just want it to be my turn!!!
x

Cupcake, my cycle was normally around 30 days but could go up to 32. I spotted just once before the bfp, but it happened much earlier than usual, so I think it was actually implantation bleeding.
Welcome to the thread! It's so supportive, and we've been really lucky with having bfps coming in waves -- I'm more a stalker than active writer these days but there are some lovely ladies on here that will keep you company :)

Welcome, cupcake! Sorry about your spotting. I too felt scared and lonely until I met all the wonderful ladies on this thread. Everyone is very supportive and as you can tell a lot of us got our bfps despite spotting every month. My spotting started after coming off bcp (which also seems to be a pattern here) and would last for over a week before AF arrived. It was the strongest the month I got my bfp, it started almost immediately after we conceived and lasted well over two weeks. Don't count yourself out just yet! Good luck to you! :dust:

Thanks for the welcomes. I suffer from aniexty too and tend to get a bit obsessive about things! Lol! Hate this bit of the month, constantly wondering what is going to happen next time you go to the bathroom.

I was on the pill for about 10 years (I'm 25) and I am worried being on it so long is what has messed things up a bit! The worst months of spotting have been a week but recently it has been 2 or 3 days which isn't quite so bad!

Welcome cupcake! I'm new too. It's nice to have somewhere to talk about your spotting issues and not have to precede it "TMI". There's a wealth of information in the thread and I've found it helpful and reassuring so far.
I feel scared and lonely too sometimes but we'll all get there in the end, it might just take a little time x

Cupcake, I was also on the pill for almost 10 years - two different types over that time (one after the other) - so there's lots of hope :)

I was on two different types of pill too. I know it will probably happen eventually but I just have days where it doesn't feel like that! How long did it take you all to conceive?

Hi everyone,

Welcome cupcake, you'll enjoy the thread :thumbup: no I didn't spot my BFP month.

I'm great thanks Katie, baby P kicking a lot now, though its not hard! Scan next wed! GL with your scan tomorrow! I'm thinking girl...

Re the weight, I'm 5ft 4 & pre BFP was about 8stone 4 which converts to 116lbs. Normal BMI but on the lower side IYKWIM? Interesting...

Daydream your pics of Harrison are fab, love them!

Hi to everyone :hi:

x

Thanks ladies, and having other people call him Harrison just makes me all gushy :) I can't wait for him to get here!!

It took us about 9 months of trying, spread over 11 months (since we were apart for some of the times I was ovulating).

Welcome cupcake! I'm also new here and the fantastic ladies here made me feel right at home :D I've never been on bcp but I still spot 5-7 days before AF. I was also worried that the spotting would make me unable to conceive but after visiting this thread, it gave me some hope although there are other factors I need to worry about :p

I'm still trying. Going into cycle #4 this month. Baby dust to all who are trying!

To all the sexy, slim ladies out there, I'm green with envy. LOL!! How did you gals maintain your figures?? I starting putting on ever since I got married. Not sure why since I have not been eating any differently. I desperately need to lose some weight. Any pointers?

A few months after coming of bcp I started spotting 2-7 days before af. My cycles are about 32 days long. I'm worried this has something to do with why we haven't been able to conceive.
Feeling a bit scared and lonley as we haven't told anyone we are trying and it seems so easy for people around me who are pregnant! I just want it to be my turn!!!
x

:hugs:
Cupcake, you almost could be describing me in this post! We have a lot in common. I'm glad to hear your spotting has been shorter lately. My anxiety flares up during the 2ww and I get really impatient with the spotting.

All of the bfp stories despite spotting are encouraging. Thanks for sharing, ladies!

Thanks do much for all the welcomes. I never normally do forums but have been reading this one for a while and thought it might be good to talk to people!
Spotting is a bit worse this morning, feel like af will be here very soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->