Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Yay! Congrats green leaf, I knew it would all be ok.

So this month I haven't ovulated yet which sucks because my luteal phase is going to be even later. I use ovulation sticks. Last month I only got an LH reading in the evening and then in the morning - 12 hours only. I have been testing twice a day, could I have maybe missed it? No symptoms. :nope:

Doesn't sound like it if you've tested twice a day lol. Maybe you're just having a long cycle, frustrating as it is! Have you been bd'ing regularly? x

Could be a long cycle......how frustrating. :wacko:

My smiley came up on 5th, CD11. Bd'd twice in the evening :blush:
We also dtd on the 4th and 6th.
The thing is.....I tested again the next morning, out of curiosity, and it came out neg. They say that when smiley comes, it's 12-36hrs after that u ovulate. So I only get one smiley? Is this right? I woke that morning early with cramps...and thought, hmmmm could be O. But the day before tested neg. So do I have to test morning AND evening?? I'm I doing it all wrong, and that's why we don't catch the eggie?? And if I felt the cramps in the morning, was it too late to bd in the evening??? Dam.....hubby had a night shift and was dead beat when he came home in the morning...
:shrug: Confused.............

Hi ladies,

Hope you don't mind me posting. Prior to TTC, I spotted 2-3 days before AF. This cycle, I've spotted for 5 days (today will be day 6 if AF doesn't show). I typically have a 12 day LP. I've had 2 miscarriages, and 1 live children but I'm worried now that I'm older (my youngest is 5) that I'm going to start having some fertility issues. :(

Hi ladies,

Hope you don't mind me posting. Prior to TTC, I spotted 2-3 days before AF. This cycle, I've spotted for 5 days (today will be day 6 if AF doesn't show). I typically have a 12 day LP. I've had 2 miscarriages, and 1 live children but I'm worried now that I'm older (my youngest is 5) that I'm going to start having some fertility issues. :(

Welcome! How long have you been trying? Sorry about miscarriages....was that now or before #1? Many ladies have got preggie here and spotted....The thing is none of us really know why we spot, each of us are different. In my case they seem to think it's because after conization, my cervix has closed, so blood comes out a lot slower. Then again, I have a polyp...so who knows?
Have you been to see DR?

Upssssss sorry just read you're signature!!!! Love the tin foil bit! LOL

Welcome momof2!

I don't know much about opks but they always say the day before or 2 days before is often better than the day of I anyway so I don't think it matters too much as long as you bd around that time.

I'm feeling fantastic this month. Lost 9lbs, eating well and going to the gym regularly. Had lots of social events on which have been fab and the sun has been shining which always makes me feel better. I just feel happy at the moment for the first time in ages! I'm really trying to forget about ttc and just bd regularly. I don't want to know what cd I'm on!

Welcome momof2!

I don't know much about opks but they always say the day before or 2 days before is often better than the day of I anyway so I don't think it matters too much as long as you bd around that time.

I'm feeling fantastic this month. Lost 9lbs, eating well and going to the gym regularly. Had lots of social events on which have been fab and the sun has been shining which always makes me feel better. I just feel happy at the moment for the first time in ages! I'm really trying to forget about ttc and just bd regularly. I don't want to know what cd I'm on!

Yay for you cupcake!!!!!!!! I've been busy too and it helps a lot to keep your mind off ttc!!!!!

Has anyone had any luck with acupuncture and shortening the spotting phase before AF? I usually spot a week before AF.

Thats the best way to be Cupcake! :thumbup:

Gobolino I used cb digi OPKs & I'm sure I once got 2 smiles in a row :shrug:

Welcome momof2 :flow:

x

Welcome, Momof2!

Cupcake, great job on the weight loss! 9lbs in a month. That's impressive!

Flower, I love acupuncture! I started it a couple months before I got my BFP. I had short LP's. I think acu helped to lengthen them. It did help with spotting too. I went to one that specializes in fertility issues. I still go every three weeks. I went every week the first month and biweekly after that. it is pricy because my insurance didn't cover it, but I thought it was worth it.

Ladies I've started spotting this morning at 6+3. Called hospital who advised to do a repeat test which was very positive but that doesn't reassure me. I've had my scan brought forward from Thursday to Tuesday but I'm scared to be too hopeful. Was told there's nothing we can do anyway so have to just see how things go. I told my folks and inlaws last week as we decided to let them know before the scan and now we have to tell them about this.

Hope everyone's well. Sorry just to dump my rant in here!

Thank you for the acu info sbmack.

Jodspod don't be too worried people spot off and on throughout the first trimester. What kind of spotting is it ? Brownish? And how much?

Ladies I've started spotting this morning at 6+3. Called hospital who advised to do a repeat test which was very positive but that doesn't reassure me. I've had my scan brought forward from Thursday to Tuesday but I'm scared to be too hopeful. Was told there's nothing we can do anyway so have to just see how things go. I told my folks and inlaws last week as we decided to let them know before the scan and now we have to tell them about this.

Hope everyone's well. Sorry just to dump my rant in here!

Jods!!! It will be fine!!! Hugs!!!

Thanks ladies! Trying not to worry! It's golden-dark brown so not too worrying according to everything I've read but worrying enough! Not been too much this afternoon so hoping its a one off!

I finally got a positive on my opk, which means I'm going to have a 33-35 day cycle :growlmad: maybe just maybe I won't spot this month.....lol

Sorry about the spotting jodspods. Fingers crossed its just one of those things and doesn't get any worse. Good luck for the scan!

:hugs: jods I'm sure everything will be fine, main thing is you've no cramps x

Jods, try not to worry too much. Lots of women spot when pregnant. At least there's no blood! The lack of cramping is really positive! I had bleeding at 5+2 and 7+3 and everything was fine. Hugs.

Yay for the positive OPK, Flower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->