Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Yay, green! Did they see a sac or is it too early for that even? Seems super early so it is not surprising they didn't see anything.

They couldn't see anything. I'm going for another scan today. If they still can't see anything, they want to report as possible ectopic. eek! But I don't feel any pain. How soon will ectopic show signs and symptoms?

I will keep you in may prayers green leaf, my friend is a ultra sound tech and she said 4 weeks is still too early to see. I wouldn't worry too much. So congratulations!

I will keep you in may prayers green leaf, my friend is a ultra sound tech and she said 4 weeks is still too early to see. I wouldn't worry too much. So congratulations!

Thanks Flower. :hugs:

I just came back from the scan. They couldn't find any sac and they are really worried and so am I. :( They could only see a thickening of the uterine wall. They wanted to screen for Progesterone and scheduled me for another scan on Tuesday. I wish I knew what's the normal range for progesterone for a normal pregnancy...

My beta-hCG results after 48 hours are:
551.3 mIU/mL
1308.2 mIU/mL
3147.3 mIU/mL

Doc said should be able to see sac when b-HCG exceeds 1500 mIU/mL. Mine is already way above. :(

Huge congrats greenleaf! :happydance: I'm sure it'll be too early to see anything, try not to worry too much :hugs: got everything crossed for you! x

Greanleaf, I hope your next scan goes better. When I went in at 5+2 they couldn't see a yolk sac or fetal pole. I hope it's just too early for you!!

I'm sure it's too early to see anything yet and everything will be just fine Greenleaf :hugs:

I'm having some dark brown stringy debris like discharge just like those I got before af but no cramps. Could that be a bad sign? :(

They usually say as long as no cramping not to worry hun but easier said than done I know :hugs: x

green- congrattts ! sorry u coudn't c anythin but i think its too early..my ob wudnt schedule a scan till 7 weeks as they said they cant c much..sorry abt spotting but as long as its not heavy or with cramps u shud b fine..dont worry if u have cramps too, i had some bad one's like the af one's but its just bcuz everythin is stretching..i dint hav any symptoms till 8 weeks so, try not to wry !
fx & prayers ur way !

hope everyone else is doin fine, ladies

afm, i forgot to mention (mentioned on other thread but for sum reason i thought i did here too ) , i got a new job which i started on mon..so far its gud ! if its too stresful, i'll quit...so, lets c !

Jodspods and greenleaf - congrats!

Greenleaf - i hope i can offer a little reassurance. My scan at 6w 4 days was 6 days behind, so equivalent of a sac at 5w5 days.....anyway the sac measured 3.2mm then, i have a calc i can check for you but i imagine at under 5 weeks they are looking for something that is just a mm or two. In comparison to your lining which thickens to 7mm - 16mm - so much easier to see.
Hcg is a guide for when to see things, but time is more accurate and most won't even attempt to look for a sac before 6 weeks.
I also had brown stringy spotting until 9 weeks and i know others did too.

Think positive thoughts, i truly hope this is all good for you :)

greenleaf - Your hcg results look great, and I don't think seeing a gestational sac at 1500 mlU/mL is a universally accepted idea: https://radiographics.rsna.org/content/28/6/1661.full

I think something similar happened to sbmack, but maybe I'm confusing with someone else? I thought she also had a really promising hcg test and an u/s that showed no sac and the nurse told her she was having a miscarriage. The nurse didn't explicitly link the two, but maybe was making the same connection between hcg level and u/s as your doctor is.

Also, according to the article above, hcg levels are usually but not always much lower in ectopic pregnancies, and your levels are definitely not low.

When I was told I was miscarrying, they saw a gestational sac, but not a yolk sac or fetal pole. I ended up having a subchorionic bleed, which is a sac of blood outside of the gestational sac. I was 5+2 then. They couldn't see it on the US until I went back in with more bleeding at 7+2. Fx for you Greenleaf. Seems like good numbers to me.

Got my Progesterone results. 42.6nmol/L. Doc said it's high. :) Did a scan and saw a sac of 12.8mm which puts me at 4w+4d instead of 5w+2d but it's still empty. Doc said might be still early and ask me to go back in a month. She is not worried about the spotting as long as I have no cramps or active bleeding. No medication given. Only folic acid.

I want to thank you all for your reassurance and encouragements! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: Love ya'll to pieces!! <3

Got my Progesterone results. 42.6nmol/L. Doc said it's high. :) Did a scan and saw a sac of 12.8mm which puts me at 4w+4d instead of 5w+2d but it's still empty. Doc said might be still early and ask me to go back in a month. She is not worried about the spotting as long as I have no cramps or active bleeding. No medication given. Only folic acid.

I want to thank you all for your reassurance and encouragements! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: Love ya'll to pieces!! <3

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Great news, Greanleaf!! Don't worry about them not seeing anything in the sac...it's too early.

Yay, greenleaf!!! I went in too early and they didn't see anything in my sac either. I think we saw a heartbeat around the 6 week mark. Congrats!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->