• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Hi Girls!

Hope you are all coping well will the spotting - think we are all about the same place of the month. I'm on CD27 and this month the spotting has been lighter than ever (also started a few days later) so perhaps my acupuncture is starting to work...Today I have what I call 'proper spotting' where it's darker and looks more like blood (previous days have just been pale brown cm) so I know I'm out. Temps are still up though. Let me know how you guys get on over the next few days.

Baileylove: Yes I think I've noticed them more since TTC. My acupuncturist says that any PMT is not good as it means hormones are slightly out of whack (as in an ideal world we should smoothly change between our monthly phases without symptoms) so it shows hormones are not smoothly transitioning. Sounds airy fairy but makes some sense! My agnus casti should be arriving today in the post. Basically it's a herb which can help regulate hormones. Google info on it. I've read loads of good stuff about it regulating progesterone and oestrogen levels (which the imbalance of which I am sure is my problem) and stopping spotting. It doesn't have any side effects so is worth a try. I'm going to start them as soon as AF arrives so i'll let you know what happens.

DrCo - It's so hard every month knowing you are out. I'm funny: my lowest part is when I see the spotting for the first time (sometimes nearly 10 days before AF) - this is when I struggle as I've got so long to go til I get another chance per se! As soon as I get near AF I get much more positive thinking of next month, though I'm not sure how long that will go on for. It's tough but it will happen as hard as it may be. I was saying to someone the other day - if you told me in a year I would be pregnant I'd be fine now and I'd just relax as I know it would happen. But as we don't have that definite it's so hard to keep calm and 'just relax' isn't it. There is no end date. Oh well....must keep positive! Will get popping the agnus casti (vitex) and let you know how I go.

Awaiting my scan and HSG appointments too.... XXXXXXX

Sorry to hear the dreaded spotting has gotten us all again this month!

Jelly - It totally makes sense with hormones being out of whack. I conceived on the first try before my first loss and never had any of these symptoms I experience now. I am definitely curious how the Agnus Casti works for you. Hopefully you will not need to use it and you get a BFP this month! When did you start the acupuncture?

DrCo - How are you doing? I am with Jelly that the lowest point for me during the month is the day my spotting starts. I know right away I am out for the month which really gets me down. This is also when all new pregnancies of everyone around me seem to be announced as well. Once AF gets here I feel a little better cause it is like a fresh start I guess. I am not sure I can offer much as far as what I do to cope, but just keeping busy seems to help the most. Thank you for the info on Fertility Friend. I have it on my phone and all ready to use next month!

I forgot to tell you that I got an exam and scan last week and my new doctor said everything looked good and I ovulated from my left ovary. I go in for another scan on CD3 of my next cycle. I also need to have a couple cultures done and will be getting a sonohysterogram and hysteroscopy this month as well. I do not know much about either of those, but will let you know how I get on.

Right now I am on CD28 which is usually when I start AF. I ovulated a couple days later this month though, so I guess I will get AF a little later than normal. I took a HPT on Saturday CD25 (9dpo). I was not going to test, but with the weirdness of this cycle, I decided to give it a shot. I thought I got a BFP and was so excited. The line was super super faint, but both DH and I saw it so I am not crazy. Turns out I think it was an evaporation line or a bad test as I have gotten a couple of BFNs on the tests I have taken since then 10 dpo and 11 dpo. :cry: Also, my spotting has gotten worse each day as usual. If I am not going to get pregnant, then can the tests just not show any lines?

Take care ladies! Baby dust! :dust:

Hi ladies,

Life's been crazy lately with work and the dry spell. We've been under water rationing since January. Some areas are without water for 3 weeks! Lucky for us we still get them on and off.

Anyway, back to TTC. I'm having mixed feelings this month. Part of me wish I'll be successful but part of me wish for AF to come. I've bought tickets to fly to Bali in April with hubby and i'm really, really looking forward to it! But if we do get pregnant, I'll have to cancel the trip and the ticket and accommodation are not refundable. So I really don't know what to wish for for my next 2 cycles. :wacko: Spotting started yesterday. Dunno whether to be happy or sad. :sad2:

Hi ladies,

Life's been crazy lately with work and the dry spell. We've been under water rationing since January. Some areas are without water for 3 weeks! Lucky for us we still get them on and off.

Anyway, back to TTC. I'm having mixed feelings this month. Part of me wish I'll be successful but part of me wish for AF to come. I've bought tickets to fly to Bali in April with hubby and i'm really, really looking forward to it! But if we do get pregnant, I'll have to cancel the trip and the ticket and accommodation are not refundable. So I really don't know what to wish for for my next 2 cycles. :wacko: Spotting started yesterday. Dunno whether to be happy or sad. :sad2:

I'll do the wishing for you Greenleaf!!!! :hugs: Then it will be a surprise :flower:
Didn't hear about your dry spell...crazy

Ive not been on here for a while but welcome to the newbies. Its so nice to see the thread pick up again. It makes it so much easier knowing you are not alone.

Since I wrote my last post about being refused funding, me and my husband have decided that we are not waiting another year and we are going private. We feel that the NHS has let us down and has wasted too much of our time already. We've been trying religiously for over three years and we still have no baby. We have been told consistently all along that there is nothing wrong with us. Well clearly they were wrong. We now have to use up all our savings but it feels like the right thing to do. If I were a few years younger then I would wait but I am in my mid-thirties. We have booked in for an open evening at a different hospital to the one we have been for initial tests. I think it might help to get a different opinion as to what might be wrong. If I find out anything more about the spotting I will post on here.

To the people who are just embarking on this horrible journey, I have had virtually every test going and nothing was found. I have been taking Clomid for the best part of a year even though I know I ovulate and that hasn't worked. I have taken progesterone in the luteal phase and that helped reduce/ eliminate the spotting some months, but other months it hasn't and nearly a year after starting it I am still not pregnant. I have also tried high levels of vitamin B and Agnus Castus and they made things worse. We are hoping to start treatment in around 4/5 months time. Hopefully that should be enough time to prepare.

Someone mentioned they were having an HSG and that they were nervous about it. Just to say I had one and honestly I did not feel any pain at all. I took two ibuprofen and a paracetamol about an hour before so I think that must have helped. Try to avoid Googling about it. I did that and saw loads of scare stories of people bragging about how painful it is - in all likelihood the vast majority of women don't experience any pain but theres no need for them to then go online and post anything unless it was painful so please don't worry - and even if it does hurt, it was over before I knew it x

Good luck ladies x

Ive not been on here for a while but welcome to the newbies. Its so nice to see the thread pick up again. It makes it so much easier knowing you are not alone.

Since I wrote my last post about being refused funding, me and my husband have decided that we are not waiting another year and we are going private. We feel that the NHS has let us down and has wasted too much of our time already. We've been trying religiously for over three years and we still have no baby. We have been told consistently all along that there is nothing wrong with us. Well clearly they were wrong. We now have to use up all our savings but it feels like the right thing to do. If I were a few years younger then I would wait but I am in my mid-thirties. We have booked in for an open evening at a different hospital to the one we have been for initial tests. I think it might help to get a different opinion as to what might be wrong. If I find out anything more about the spotting I will post on here.

To the people who are just embarking on this horrible journey, I have had virtually every test going and nothing was found. I have been taking Clomid for the best part of a year even though I know I ovulate and that hasn't worked. I have taken progesterone in the luteal phase and that helped reduce/ eliminate the spotting some months, but other months it hasn't and nearly a year after starting it I am still not pregnant. I have also tried high levels of vitamin B and Agnus Castus and they made things worse. We are hoping to start treatment in around 4/5 months time. Hopefully that should be enough time to prepare.

Someone mentioned they were having an HSG and that they were nervous about it. Just to say I had one and honestly I did not feel any pain at all. I took two ibuprofen and a paracetamol about an hour before so I think that must have helped. Try to avoid Googling about it. I did that and saw loads of scare stories of people bragging about how painful it is - in all likelihood the vast majority of women don't experience any pain but theres no need for them to then go online and post anything unless it was painful so please don't worry - and even if it does hurt, it was over before I knew it x

Good luck ladies x

Glad tou're doing your own thing Bun.....even though it's so expensive. It just seems so ridiculous that you have to wait for so long :hugs:

Totally agree with the HSG experience. I felt next to nothing, and I didn't take anything! I did spot the next day though.

Good luck ladies x

Glad tou're doing your own thing Bun.....even though it's so expensive. It just seems so ridiculous that you have to wait for so long :hugs:

Totally agree with the HSG experience. I felt next to nothing, and I didn't take anything! I did spot the next day though.

How are you Gobs? Not long to go now.

Did you do anything different the month you got your BFP?

Wishing you all the best x

Good luck ladies x

Hi Buninmyoven,
Thank you for the warm welcome. I am with you on going private. My husband and I have just started going to a top rated doctor not covered by insurance after the disappointing experience we had with our previous doctors that were covered by insurance. It has been quite expensive, but feel it's worth every penny if it can bring us our little blessing. Right now we are doing additional testing, but will hopefully have a solid plan in the next couple of weeks. Sending some baby dust your way! :)

Well, I'm out this month. BBT plunged this morning and spotting gotten heavier. :cry:

Booo we are all out this month! On to the next!

Thanks for all your posts girls I love reading them it makes me feel less isolated on this spotting malarkey!!

Agnus Castus made my AF a bit heavier and more 'normal' looking and it actually went on for 2 days...good so far but like one of you said - hoping it doesn't make things worse with the dreaded spotting!!

XXXX

I'm out :(
New dosage of progesterone kept spotting away, but no luck this month

What did I do different....nothing really. I went back to Spain as They thought I might have to have another op on my cervix. This made me very upset and nervous. When I was finally told, after a lot of tests, that no need for operation, I went back to Hong Kong, sure that I had already O whilst in Spain, and very very relieved that I didn't have to go through with op. What can I say....the next morning DH and I, instead of DTD, we made love. I guess it makes a difference. I was so relaxed and happy.
Sorry that I can't be of help.
Oh! And doing fine!!!! Thanks for asking.

AF just left the building -- on CD5. I wonder what this month will bring! Will start testing for the surge in about 5 days. Sending out some baby dust to everyone!

Thanks for posting your experience Gobolino! It is helpful to hear successful stories especially with the spotting.

I stopped my new obimin last month and the spotting came back heavier compared to when I was taking them. Something inside must be helping. Anyway, AF came yesterday :( so I'm gonna go make arrangement to extract my wisdom tooth. :sad1:

I stopped my new obimin last month and the spotting came back heavier compared to when I was taking them. Something inside must be helping. Anyway, AF came yesterday :( so I'm gonna go make arrangement to extract my wisdom tooth. :sad1:
So sorry to hear Greenleaf....maybe something exiting will happen in Bali!

So sorry to hear Greenleaf....maybe something exiting will happen in Bali!

Unfortunately, not the right timing :(

Hi girls
just popping In. I got my bfp in November 2012 and now have a baby boy who is 7 months old. I always wanted answers as to why I was spotting (which is how I ended up here!) so just thought I'd come back to post what happened in case it helps someone just starting out with the spotting.
basically I came off the pill and had a short luteal phase and v heavy spotting from 1dpo which got heavier and redder towards af. I started b vitamins on cycle two and got pregnant on cycle four. I think from what I remember I had spotting from 2dpo that month which was heavy and red. Then it stoppes, I tested, and I was pregnant!
I would say the actual spotting was on the bad end of the scale but luckily it didn't stop me getting pregnant. I then had spotting at 5 and 8 weeks pregnant, but not much after that.
None of my scans showed any fibroids
now my af has returned and I no longer have the spotting, but I do have a short luteal phase (9 days).
Not sure what this means but guessing it was just a slight hormone imbalance with horrible symptoms? I feel very lucky that it didn't affect my fertility.
I still recognise lots of faces on the thread. Many congratulations to those who got their bfps and lots of vibes and baby dust to those still trying or undergoing treatment. You are my heroes!
Xxx

Hi Ladies,
Just wanted to give a quick update. I just got a hysteroscopy done and it appears that I have some polyps in my uterus that need to be removed by a d&c. The doctor said these could be causing the spotting each month, but definitely need to be removed in order to have successful implantation. I was very frustrated leaving there as I feel I wasted my time with my other doctors leading up to this. They didn't even offer this test! Now that I have been thinking about it though, I am relieved and feel like progress is being made. My bloodwork also showed low vitamin d so I need to take supplements of that. I was also put on another supplement, but do not remember what it was and do not have my sheet in front of me. I will look into it and update you all later.

Thanks for you post YomsYoms! :) Love hearing those success stories!

Sorry AF got you Greenleaf! :( I am keeping my fingers crossed for you this month!

Take care all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->