Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

i found out those were the evaps everyone talks about so not positives at all.

I'm curious.. How long has everyone's spotting been going on and how long have you been ttc??

For me, I would say spotting started 3 years ago when I was on bcp. And I have been NTNP and TTC for 2 years : (

Ah sweetpea the one you posted on the other thread looked like a BFP, sorry hun.

Amber, welcome, TTC 10 months, didn't do any NTNP. Didn't take much notice of spotting before ttc, I think I used to get it 1-2 days before, now its about 3 but has been worse. The spotting is different now, to before ttc though x

Ah sweetpea the one you posted on the other thread looked like a BFP, sorry hun.

Amber, welcome, TTC 10 months, didn't do any NTNP. Didn't take much notice of spotting before ttc, I think I used to get it 1-2 days before, now its about 3 but has been worse. The spotting is different now, to before ttc though x

thanks :) My spotting is around 10 days long : ( its has just gotten worse over time, blaahh

Amber my spotting started two cycles ago, and for no apparent reason. Iv been ttc'ing for seven cycles now post mc. Cd4 today, second cycle taking soy and vitB complex.

hello ladies,
welcome sweetpea & amber..hope u'l find some ans soon ! i strtd spotting since i stopped bcp 4 yrs ago ( oh my ! never actually realised its been 4 yrs..huh )

i'm going on vacation today & don't have net acc..
gud luck & baby dust to all ! tc !

Hi Ladies,
Just wanted to chime in about my status. I called my gyn to ask about the 8.6 progesterone on day 23--she said it was a fine number and told me not to up the dosage I'm taking of 100 mg daily. So that's where I am--my spotting has stopped and I've made an RE apt for november to move forward at that time. I wish I could get in sooner but my husband has been really harsh about not seeing an RE until we have tried naturally for 11 months.. hogwash, I know, but he will not budge and I no longer have the energy to keep fighting him. :nope:

I was feeling good but now I'm starting to feel discouraged again--I just really feel like I need to get a lap done to see how much scar tissue I have. My numbers have all been good--but that HSG revealed my left side was blocked and my AMH (thought I think had errors) was low. One word of advice to the ladies about the HSG--my ovulation has been screwy ever since. Just a word of caution. When I asked my gyn she said it can cause inflammation that may throw things off for a bit. :growlmad:

I felt like I ovulated from my right side this past cycle--my good side--but I ovulated really early--day 11 and I usually don't until day 14 or 12 at the earliest. We did fly to Aruba for a wonderful vacation (a 4 hr flight for us) so maybe that made it go out of whack? I'm just starting to feel down again--what do you ladies do to pick up your spirits?

Hi ladies,

Just popping in. I'm still on holiday and while it's nice to have a break, TTC is still on my mind. I started spotting a couple of days ago so af is on her way. I was secretly hoping it would go away due to the pregnancy/misscarriage. Not so I'm afraid. Looks like we're all still moving along in our journey. Hopefully a few bfp are around the corner :)

Curiouscat - I have to admit I'm feeling a bit down about the whole process as well. I feel like I'm stuck at the moment and the doctors don't seem to have any good answers. Sorry I'm not much help to cheer you up. If you find something let me know ;)

Have a good vacation Yum!!

Curiouscat - oh no I hope the HSG doesn't screw with my ovulation! I already ovulate late into the cycle, but it's fine by me if it wants to come earlier (just please not later!!) I should be getting my HSG done the beginning August but that's only if they can fit me in. Going for my CD 27 (CD21 for everyone with a "normal" cycle) blood test on Monday. I'm looking forward to it not that I'll get any answers until all my tests have been done though. Shame you can't convince your DH around but sometimes you just have to go with the flow to avoid the arguing.... I'm not too down about my spotting as it's not as much as others, the consultant I saw a few weeks ago didn't seem bothered at all and I've heard that a few FS say it won't stop you conceiving... Sending :hugs: your way as you're feeling down. Some good news from a friend I have on B&B, she's not on this thread but has recently got a BFP despite extra long cycles and spotting from 6DPO every cycle, she still spotted the month she got her BFP and is still spotting now. Obviously she's worried about this, but just goes to show the little bean can stick despite the spotting!

Good luck everyone :dust: xx

Hi all, well my spotting has excelled itself this month breaking my personal 'best' and arriving a day early, 3dpo :growlmad:

Perhaps I should start a new thread, not 'spotting a week before AF' but 'spotting a whopping 10 days before' :haha:

DH and I had a sex marathon, a sexathon?, this cycle as my O was delayed.....what a waste of energy that was huh :coffee:

Hoping we get a BFP or two on this thread soon as motivation and hope for us all :flower:

Hey Nell :hugs: sorry your spotting is early. Could it be as you've ovulated late? Maybe your spotting is starting when it would normally? This has happened before with me. Well if you've had a sexathon maybe it'll be your month, despite the spotting! :thumbup: I agree we need some BFP's its been a while! X

Hi Nell and Mrs PTTC
Sorry to hear about the spotting Nell - but I have read some success stories on here recently about spotting 'drying up' (sorry!) so maybe that'll happen for you? You can but hope :)
As for me - had a confusing thing happen this morning which I actually created a thread about. Smiley face on my clearblue digi OPK on cd12! Total absence of EWCM and the earliness of it (my PB since TTC has been cd17 for my smiley) makes me think it's a false pos. But I've never had a false pos before on the digis or cheapies.
Am going to BD tonight and tomorrow just in case - and OPK tomorrow as well. Am also having an ulltrasound on cd14 (which I'd booked as I thought it'd be 2-3 days before O) because my new GP wanted to see what 100mg of Clomid is doing. So hopefully I'll get some answers.
xx

Hi Mrshy, is it not the clomid that's made you ov so early? I've heard it does that? How long before pos opk do you normally get ewcm for? It may be you've caught your surge early but you won't ovulate until wed & get ewcm tomorrow & wed? :shrug: Get on the BD'ing anyway lol :thumbup:

AFM Oh crap! 6dpo & tinged cm! Think its the dreaded spotting early, not sure if its cos i upped my Maca dose to 3 capsules instead of 2 as I thought maybe I hadn't been taking enough. First mid LP spotting I've had since I took the AC all through the cycle...:growlmad: Don't know whether to stop the Maca now or not or go back to 2 capsules?!! x

MrsHy - I reckon it's a real positive, it'll be the clomid. Clomid is known for drying up CM too and you've been on it a few months - just use some pre-seed or something and get going! :haha:
A cd12 opk would line you up well for that 'perfect' cd 14 O day.

MrsPTTc- Urgh for the spotting arriving, mine didn't even bother with the gradual tinged cm arrival this cycle - straight for the brown ugly stuff for me.
I don't know about the maca, i took a tablespoon a day for a few cycles and it seemed to make no difference, though i learnt to enjoy it and missed it after stopping. Do you take a break from it each cycle? I read that it's best to give your body a few days 'off' so I used to stop during AF.

As for the sexathon, well we've been giving it our all since being told I don't have many eggies, DH agrees we just have to give it our best shot, being BDing on a bloomin' schedule, alternate days from AF and then every day from a +OPK until the temp rise....which works out as 4 days in a row often. Honestly, I love my DH but i'm not 18 anymore, I don't have that level of BD oomph anymore and am glad for my LP rest:haha: We have agreed that as we might be in this for the long-haul to ease off and just BD alternate nights and forget the daily bit, unless we want to of course! I'm also stopping temping, I haven't done it much lately anyway - I'm just temping around O to confirm (my post O temps are alwayscin the 98's and pre O always in the 97's so it's easy to spot without a whole week or two to look at)

Curious - How do I pick myself up? I don't know, I find my emotional cycle mirrors my menstrual cycle tbh. I'm full of (false?) hope until my spotting arrives, that can be my down time, but then by AF I'm ready for the witch and ready to embrace a new cycle with a 'just maybe it's my time' atitude again.
I give myself little treats too, weekends away, a massage etc and I tell myself if this isn't meant to be then it's not the worst thing....at least I am healthy.

Hi Nell, thanks, well I forget to take my Maca every now and then so I have plenty breaks lol. Think ill stop it, at least for this week. Been taking it about 5 months now with no difference. I read its best to take the equivalent of 4 capsules a day so thought I'd up my dosage, you can't overdose with it being a food apparently. The only times I've spotted before 9/10 dpo is ehen I took the AC past ovulation (I'm off it completely now) so I'm gutted with this spotting though its barely there... An old school friend on fb just announced her pregnancy, I'm so happy for her, she'd been trying FIVE years! Wow...Hope for us all! :happydance: x x

Hi Mrshy, is it not the clomid that's made you ov so early? I've heard it does that? How long before pos opk do you normally get ewcm for? It may be you've caught your surge early but you won't ovulate until wed & get ewcm tomorrow & wed? :shrug: Get on the BD'ing anyway lol :thumbup:

AFM Oh crap! 6dpo & tinged cm! Think its the dreaded spotting early, not sure if its cos i upped my Maca dose to 3 capsules instead of 2 as I thought maybe I hadn't been taking enough. First mid LP spotting I've had since I took the AC all through the cycle...:growlmad: Don't know whether to stop the Maca now or not or go back to 2 capsules?!! x

Hello
Thanks for your post - I repeated the OPK this morning in the hope I'd get another smiley - but first off I had a faulty test (AGH) and then when I repeated 3.5 hrs later (having held in wee) it was a blank face!

However... this morning I've had EWCM! And quite a lot of it! Normally it comes 3-4 days before I get my smiley - then the day after I O. Perhaps things are just working differently this month? And O is moving steadily but surely towards perfect day 14? I don't know!

Am having the ultrasound tomorrow so hopefully that should give me a few answers.

Regarding your maca - I don't know what advice to give as it's not something I know much about. However - I would say that my spotting has no rhyme or reason - it has had better months and worse months - seemingly independent of the supplements/acupuncture and now Clomid!
x

MrsHy - I reckon it's a real positive, it'll be the clomid. Clomid is known for drying up CM too and you've been on it a few months - just use some pre-seed or something and get going! :haha:
A cd12 opk would line you up well for that 'perfect' cd 14 O day.

MrsPTTc- Urgh for the spotting arriving, mine didn't even bother with the gradual tinged cm arrival this cycle - straight for the brown ugly stuff for me.
I don't know about the maca, i took a tablespoon a day for a few cycles and it seemed to make no difference, though i learnt to enjoy it and missed it after stopping. Do you take a break from it each cycle? I read that it's best to give your body a few days 'off' so I used to stop during AF.

As for the sexathon, well we've been giving it our all since being told I don't have many eggies, DH agrees we just have to give it our best shot, being BDing on a bloomin' schedule, alternate days from AF and then every day from a +OPK until the temp rise....which works out as 4 days in a row often. Honestly, I love my DH but i'm not 18 anymore, I don't have that level of BD oomph anymore and am glad for my LP rest:haha: We have agreed that as we might be in this for the long-haul to ease off and just BD alternate nights and forget the daily bit, unless we want to of course! I'm also stopping temping, I haven't done it much lately anyway - I'm just temping around O to confirm (my post O temps are alwayscin the 98's and pre O always in the 97's so it's easy to spot without a whole week or two to look at)

Curious - How do I pick myself up? I don't know, I find my emotional cycle mirrors my menstrual cycle tbh. I'm full of (false?) hope until my spotting arrives, that can be my down time, but then by AF I'm ready for the witch and ready to embrace a new cycle with a 'just maybe it's my time' atitude again.
I give myself little treats too, weekends away, a massage etc and I tell myself if this isn't meant to be then it's not the worst thing....at least I am healthy.

Hello Nell

Thank you - read my post above - I don't know what to think but am hopeful it's a day 14 ovulation?!? Or 13 - I'll take that!!

I know exactly what you mean about the whole BD thing - I'm sure my husband feels less like my husband and more like my gimp - he now asks me things like "am I on duty this week?" before making plans! Mind you - once he's into it he's fine, if you know what I mean...:winkwink:

I also mirror my cycle in terms of how I'm feeling - and am making sure to do loads of things that one can't do when pregnant/with a baby - like impromptu trips away, days at the spa, extended shopping trips - although this kind of behavour is not helping much with the overall cost of trying to produce this baby!!!:haha:

x

he now asks me things like "am I on duty this week?" before making plans!

:haha: yes, we have similar pre BD chat.
Good luck for your ultrasound - are these the private ones? Do you mind me asking if they're pricey. I'm thinking of having a natural cycle monitored, I'd just like to see what size follicle and what my lining is like on a plain old no meds cycle.

MrsPttc - dare I say IB?! If you've not had it this early before then 6dpo is a real possibility. I really, really hope it is for you :flower:
Re the maca, I didn't take capsules, I did powder, but 3g a day (a teaspoonfull). Not sure how that quates but 4 capsules does sound like you could increase it if you wanted.

Thanks, ladies. It's so good to learn how others handle this rollercoaster ride of babymaking. Nell, I think I tend to be the same way--optimistic at the start of my cycle, then sad when AF comes--and round and round we go. Heck, if I would have know it was going to be this hard to have a baby I would have throw out my BC years ago! :wacko:

Good wishes and lots of babydust to everyone this cycle--I do hope someone gets a BFP. As you've all said, someone on here is LONG overdue! :flower:

he now asks me things like "am I on duty this week?" before making plans!

:haha: yes, we have similar pre BD chat.
Good luck for your ultrasound - are these the private ones? Do you mind me asking if they're pricey. I'm thinking of having a natural cycle monitored, I'd just like to see what size follicle and what my lining is like on a plain old no meds cycle.

MrsPttc - dare I say IB?! If you've not had it this early before then 6dpo is a real possibility. I really, really hope it is for you :flower:
Re the maca, I didn't take capsules, I did powder, but 3g a day (a teaspoonfull). Not sure how that quates but 4 capsules does sound like you could increase it if you wanted.

Hello
Don't mind you asking at all - yes - am going to the Women's Ultrasound Centre in Harley St. The first visit is £160 I think - but then subsequent scans are at a reduced rate (although not sure how much of a reduction there is!).

I found the follicle tracking to be really useful when I had my first 'free' round at Kings - as you say, you can find out how you're lining's looking as well as which side you're ovulating from and how many follicles are 'ripe.'

I was advised to come in around day 10 (but deliberately made my appt later as I thought there was no way I would O before day 15 or so - oops if my smiley is to be believed (!), then you're called back once or twice to keep an eye on the growing follicles then once more after O to just check the egg was released properly.

So - depending on when you ovualte it could become very expensive - but as you're always nice and early you should be fine :)
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"