Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Thanks Mrs Hy - I might give them a call. My clinic do a 'monitored cycle' at £350 or a single scan at £160 so price wise maybe not much in it.
I think my cycles are pretty predictable (excluding this one!) so I think once I get a + OPK one scan would suffice.
The clinic will think i'm mad, but in some way knowing my lining/follicle size is ok will either bring relief or at least tell me once and for all that TTC naturally really is a waste for me - it'll also help me decide if i'm ever going to be brave enough to try the box of clomid stuck in my bathroom cabinet!

Hi Mrshy, is it not the clomid that's made you ov so early? I've heard it does that? How long before pos opk do you normally get ewcm for? It may be you've caught your surge early but you won't ovulate until wed & get ewcm tomorrow & wed? :shrug: Get on the BD'ing anyway lol :thumbup:

AFM Oh crap! 6dpo & tinged cm! Think its the dreaded spotting early, not sure if its cos i upped my Maca dose to 3 capsules instead of 2 as I thought maybe I hadn't been taking enough. First mid LP spotting I've had since I took the AC all through the cycle...:growlmad: Don't know whether to stop the Maca now or not or go back to 2 capsules?!! x

Hello
Thanks for your post - I repeated the OPK this morning in the hope I'd get another smiley - but first off I had a faulty test (AGH) and then when I repeated 3.5 hrs later (having held in wee) it was a blank face!

However... this morning I've had EWCM! And quite a lot of it! Normally it comes 3-4 days before I get my smiley - then the day after I O. Perhaps things are just working differently this month? And O is moving steadily but surely towards perfect day 14? I don't know!

Am having the ultrasound tomorrow so hopefully that should give me a few answers.

Regarding your maca - I don't know what advice to give as it's not something I know much about. However - I would say that my spotting has no rhyme or reason - it has had better months and worse months - seemingly independent of the supplements/acupuncture and now Clomid!
x

Yeah it sounds like it's the clomid playing with your cycles. Some people ovulate the day of the +opk, the day after or the day after that! I once ovulated 3 days after, though I wasn't convinced my chart was right! x

MrsPTTc- Urgh for the spotting arriving, mine didn't even bother with the gradual tinged cm arrival this cycle - straight for the brown ugly stuff for me.
I don't know about the maca, i took a tablespoon a day for a few cycles and it seemed to make no difference, though i learnt to enjoy it and missed it after stopping. Do you take a break from it each cycle? I read that it's best to give your body a few days 'off' so I used to stop during AF.

:rofl: Yep IB did cross my mind but then I thought "naaah" lol. The spotting isn't the brown bitty stuff I used to have when taking the AC, which is a good thing, it's just tinted CM so there shouldn't be a problem with my lining and implantation [-o< But I'm rather peed off I thought I'd got the mid LP spotting sussed :growlmad: Never mind, there's always hope... I've been reading up on the Maca and I'm going back on it but cutting down to 2 capsules again as if you stop it cold turkey it could cause your progesterone levels to drop apparently... There's 950mg in a capsule and the recommended amount is 2000 to 3000mg. God the capsules stink, you deserve a medal for taking the powder!! x

Woo hoo just learned to double quote! On the down side I have just noticed my ticker has changed to 11 months!! :cry: x

Well hello ladies
Update from me following my ultrasound this morning - I ovulated!! She could tell from the scan. Only the one egg but am quite happy with that! So the Clearblue digi wasn't lying after all.
Temp still low this morning so reckon I only O'ed yesterday during the day or last night - will expect the temp shift in the morning.
She said that it was quite unusual to only see the one dominant follicle with a 100mg Clomid cycle - but of course that's what normally happens in nature so fingers crossed one will be enough for me!
Just hope we BD enough - DTD last night and the night before - ideally would have done it the night before that as well - but the smiley kinda crept up on me!!
x

Yay Mrshy, great news, Fx'd! Well my spotting is still there but only when I wipe, its like a pinky/orange colour, very strange. I had serious nausea last night when I was cooking tea, not sure if it was cos I'm hot but almost had to run to the bathroom. I'm counting myself out though. I'm about 8/9 dpo but not gonna test. Hopefully booking a holiday to turkey for October, at least its something to keep my mind off ttc! x

Hi Ladies! I took B50 Complex this month for spotting before AF and I have a question:
Can B50 Complex cause delayed AF?
Reason for asking: I normally spot a week before AF arrives. AF is due tomorrow and I have had absolutely no spotting--which is great! I am just paranoid that this might not be because of the B50, but instead because I ovulated late or the B Complex has lengthened my cycle somehow. I fear that I will start spotting and have a late AF. Does anyone have any experience with this? How did B50 Complex affect your cycle? I just need some answers as to whether I should be hopeful or remain doubtful.

Yay Mrshy, great news, Fx'd! Well my spotting is still there but only when I wipe, its like a pinky/orange colour, very strange. I had serious nausea last night when I was cooking tea, not sure if it was cos I'm hot but almost had to run to the bathroom. I'm counting myself out though. I'm about 8/9 dpo but not gonna test. Hopefully booking a holiday to turkey for October, at least its something to keep my mind off ttc! x

Blimey O Reilly! I'd be counting myself IN with those symptoms! Oh well, keep us posted?? We need that Spotters United BFP....

As for me, CONFUSED.COM! No temp rise this morning!! WTF?!?! In the past I've always had the temp rise 48 hrs after my smiley OPK. And the smiley OPK was on Monday, and according to the ultrasound doctor I had already ovulated by the time she saw me yesterday morning. So where is my temp rise???

Am going to BD tonight just in case the ultrasound got it wrong and keep on with the OPKs. I've also been furiously googling and apparently it would be quite difficult to get it wrong from an ultrasound, as you can see the physiological changes as the corpeus luteum develops.

Might jack the whole temping thing in - think it's causing more stress than I really need right now! :wacko:

MrsHY, any chance something else influenced your temperature? Maybe it got colder that day or maybe you didn't sleep well or slept with open mouth without realizing? Or maybe it's just going to be a slow rise?

tryingntrying, if I were you, I'd go a htp and if negative, just go with the theory that Vit.B postponed your ovulation. Vitamins can mess with you like that, especially in high doses. But hopefully it's the first reason! :D

MrsHY, any chance something else influenced your temperature? Maybe it got colder that day or maybe you didn't sleep well or slept with open mouth without realizing? Or maybe it's just going to be a slow rise?

tryingntrying, if I were you, I'd go a htp and if negative, just go with the theory that Vit.B postponed your ovulation. Vitamins can mess with you like that, especially in high doses. But hopefully it's the first reason! :D

Hi Soili

Good to hear from you! Hope you're OK? You've made me laugh out loud with your 'slept with an open mouth coment'. I'm just imagining how very beautiful I'd have looked like that :)

Yes maybe it's a slow rise although I'm still suspicious - also because I had more EWCM yesterday and this morning - normally after O that dries up completely. It's just a very peculiar month this month!

x

Hehe, well, it's a valid concern! :D

Peculiar indeed, especially considering EWCM! I really don't know how accurate are the scans. To be honest, it always looks like a blur to me anyway, I have no idea how they make something out there. I even need to stare for good 10 minutes at baby scans to get an idea which part is the head :D

I'm doing ok! Not ovulating, not spotting, so basically it's just that :) Started taking Metformin yesterday, maybe something will come out of that!

Blimey O Reilly! I'd be counting myself IN with those symptoms! Oh well, keep us posted?? We need that Spotters United BFP....

As for me, CONFUSED.COM! No temp rise this morning!! WTF?!?! In the past I've always had the temp rise 48 hrs after my smiley OPK. And the smiley OPK was on Monday, and according to the ultrasound doctor I had already ovulated by the time she saw me yesterday morning. So where is my temp rise???

Am going to BD tonight just in case the ultrasound got it wrong and keep on with the OPKs. I've also been furiously googling and apparently it would be quite difficult to get it wrong from an ultrasound, as you can see the physiological changes as the corpeus luteum develops.

Might jack the whole temping thing in - think it's causing more stress than I really need right now! :wacko:

Thanks for your positivity hun! It wasn't like "pink" pink, more of a salmon colour, its back to brown again today, but still just tinted cm. Thought it would've gone by now (then come back tomorrow or sat) but still there, only just. I still think that the cycle I get my BFP I'll not spot at all but you never know. IB is not that common though is it? That's why I'm not hopeful.

Strange about your temps, good job you got your ultrasound so you're not thinking its an anovulatory cycle.

Tryingntrying I've no idea hun, sorry.

Soili looks like your stalker in the thermometer thread has done one!

Good luck ladies, will keep you posted x x

Mrs Pttc - I am impressed by your double quoting, please share how? :coffee:
As for the nausea, I too think it all sounds promising.....but I laos know that sometimes everything looks promisisng and BFN :growlmad:, fingers crossed the witch will never arrive for you though - I think the orangey pink description sounds like IB :flower:

MrsHY - Hooray for the elusive 'perfect' on time O :thumbup:I read somewhere that temping can be thrown off by clomid. But with EWCM as well it sounds odd. I can't see how the scanner would be wrong, your lining chages appearance and the corpus luteum cysts appears post O. FX you get a delayed rise - does make you realise how squiffy temping can be though. I'm sure I had a delayed rise this cycle by one day too, wondering if I o'd on the evening and so didn't have enough progesterone for a rise the following morning maybe.

Soili - Hi, nice to 'see' you :flower: Hope the metformin gets you back on track.

AFM - Mrs Hy you were right my 3dpo spotting disappeared for a while, my cervix went high and I got all hopeful. I think the rollercoaster of hope and fed-up while ttc is horrid. 7dpo the spotting reappeared and i've been really sore on my abodmen, I wonder if I have cysts, they said it was likely post IVF for this cycle. I'm usually sore while spotting around where i imagine my right ovary is - this cycle it's sore on both. Anyway, i'm quite 'happy' with my spotting this cycle as it's not think, gloopy brown gunk (yet!) just more normal looking watery red.
I'm going to try acupuncture this afternoon :wacko: I don't 'believe' in it tbh and have already confessed this to the lady. I do however logically think it's worth a shot to see if it will help thicken my lining (by increasing the blood flow). I'm just going to see how I feel, I think most of the benefits are placebo tbh, that it makes you feel relaxed, positive etc - I prefer massage for that. If it feels like a 'chore' or just another thing to do I won't continue.
TBH if it truly can affect our menstrual cycles then i'm as concerned about it making things worse as i am hopeful about it bringing improvement.

Hi everyone,
Sorry its been a while since I've posted.
Nell, I too tried acupuncture but the results for me weren't too good. For the first couple of months, it seemed like each time I had a session in the TWW I started spotting immediately or very soon afterward. I still think I believe in it but I wanted to find out what was wrong with me before carrying on treatment. I have read the book The Infertil. ity Cure (about Chinese medicine) and it is so uplifting that I would highly recommend it. Good Luck and I hope you get something good from it xxx
Hi MrsHY, it sounds like your temps are just a bit slow to react from the rise in progesterone. FX your temp will show a strong shift tomorrow xxx
FX (and toes) for you MrsPTTC, it sounds very promising xxx
Well, I am 1DPO and feeling ok. I think we have definitely got my fertile time covered so heres hoping xxx
Good luck to all spotters xxx

Hi Ladies! I took B50 Complex this month for spotting before AF and I have a question:
Reason for asking: I normally spot a week before AF arrives. AF is due tomorrow and I have had absolutely no spotting--which is great! I am just paranoid that this might not be because of the B50, but instead because I ovulated late or the B Complex has lengthened my cycle somehow. I fear that I will start spotting and have a late AF. Does anyone have any experience with this? How did B50 Complex affect your cycle? I just need some answers as to whether I should be hopeful or remain doubtful.
Hi Trying,
B complex didn't do much for me but it can help if you have low progesterone. On the huge B-vit thread there are lots of ladies whose spotting stopped when taking the vitamins. I think you have every reason to be hopeful and good luck to you xxx

Hi Trying,
B complex didn't do much for me but it can help if you have low progesterone. On the huge B-vit thread there are lots of ladies whose spotting stopped when taking the vitamins. I think you have every reason to be hopeful and good luck to you xxx

Did it lengthen your cycle at all? Could you link the B-vit thread? I can't seem to find it!

Hi nell, good luck with the accupuncture! :flower: When I'm next on the laptop I'll see if I can work out how i did the double quoting & explain, it wasn't easy!

Nice to see you back happyshopper!

Spotting still there :dohh: & this is the longest I've ever had it with no break. Feeling twinges I hope AF not on its way. Technically not due til Sunday but my cycle changes every month. It's also hard to judge with stopping the temping. I assume I'm 10dpo but could be 9 or 11! Still not gonna test, I would've usually tested today but I'm being strong lol.

Does anyone else find they go to the loo a lot more often just so they can check for spotting?!! I'm so stupid, I find I'm going every hour! Double :dohh:

X x

Hehehe, big surprise! :D And she didn't post anywhere else after all... another big surprise! :D

MrsPTTC, I haven't had spotting for months now, still not ovulating just the same though. But I did go checking it a lot more often than I actually needed to go to bathroom. But then again, I check for CM when I get an idea I might be ovulating too much too! ;)

Morning all!
Update from me - after a very unexpected positive OPK on Monday (cd12) after a day of being sick on Sunday (cd11), then a very expensive private ultrasound on Wednesday (cd14) after which I was told I had ovulated, then no temp shift.. then EWCM every day from Tuesday til now... I got another positive OPK this morning and this one I believe!! (CD17 - exactly the same day I got my positive last Clomid cycle).
I still think I got the pos OPK on cd12 because I'd been so ill on the Sunday and so dehydrated with it, that I bet the LH just had time to build up and therefore it showed in my urine on Monday.
But WTF was the sonographer talking about on Weds?? And more worryingly, if it's not O, then what was she seeing on the screen? Really hope it's not something else for me to worry about.
Because I hadn't spotted the temp rise (and felt something was off) we've been BDing every other night this week and of course will BD tonight, tomorrow and Monday too. Am also going to call the ultrasound clinic on Monday and find out what on earth could be going on 'in there'.
I have been googling whether it's possible to O in the same month - I'm reading conflicting reports but the general consensus is that if it does happen, it happens within a 24 hr timeframe so not likely to be that in my case.
Thank goodness I listened to my body, know about EWCM and have a BBT thermometer!
x

MrsHY, I was just reading an article yesterday and it explained there that they compare the size of dominant follicle and the size of corpus luteum a few days past ovulation and if CL is smaller in size when dominant follicle was before ovulation, then they conclude ovulation has occurred. If you ask me, it's not exactly exact science! I don't know, maybe your follicle actually shrank a tiny bit due to dehydration or illness (it does have liquid in it after all), so she confused it with CL?

Hehehe, big surprise! :D And she didn't post anywhere else after all... another big surprise! :D

MrsPTTC, I haven't had spotting for months now, still not ovulating just the same though. But I did go checking it a lot more often than I actually needed to go to bathroom. But then again, I check for CM when I get an idea I might be ovulating too much too! ;)

I know I keep checking up on her from time to time! And no posts, stupid thermometer company. They've probably found it in google or something. I was googling spotting the other day and our thread came up!! Made me proud :haha: So how did you get rid of your spotting Soili, share your secret! x

Morning all!
Update from me - after a very unexpected positive OPK on Monday (cd12) after a day of being sick on Sunday (cd11), then a very expensive private ultrasound on Wednesday (cd14) after which I was told I had ovulated, then no temp shift.. then EWCM every day from Tuesday til now... I got another positive OPK this morning and this one I believe!! (CD17 - exactly the same day I got my positive last Clomid cycle).
I still think I got the pos OPK on cd12 because I'd been so ill on the Sunday and so dehydrated with it, that I bet the LH just had time to build up and therefore it showed in my urine on Monday.
But WTF was the sonographer talking about on Weds?? And more worryingly, if it's not O, then what was she seeing on the screen? Really hope it's not something else for me to worry about.
Because I hadn't spotted the temp rise (and felt something was off) we've been BDing every other night this week and of course will BD tonight, tomorrow and Monday too. Am also going to call the ultrasound clinic on Monday and find out what on earth could be going on 'in there'.
I have been googling whether it's possible to O in the same month - I'm reading conflicting reports but the general consensus is that if it does happen, it happens within a 24 hr timeframe so not likely to be that in my case.
Thank goodness I listened to my body, know about EWCM and have a BBT thermometer!
x

MrsHY! So lucky you kept on BD'ing and using the OPK's! It's very strange. My first thought was 2 eggs released but yep all the info indicates it would be within 24 hours. Be sure to let us know what the clinic have to say! And good luck with the :sex: hope you catch that egg!

So, DOUBLE QUOTING - there might be an easier way but the way I did it was to quote the first post then when you're in the message/edit box copy it and paste it into a word document, then quote the next one and do the same, once you've done all your replies in the word document copy it and paste it into the message or reply box and voila! It sounds complicated but it's easy really.

Well girls, I've let the side down, I tested :dohh: I felt queasy again last night but also I ended up going out drinking. I REALLY didn't want to test but thought about it and if I got a BFP next week I would've felt really guilty. So I tested yesterday PM and BFN. Then said I'll not test anymore....So I'm lying in bed this morning with my full bladder and thought what the hell. Once you POAS it's addictive. I thought there was a very faint shadow but I honestly think I have a line eye! It's dried now and there's definitely nothing there. Can't test tomorrow as I'm stopping at my parents tonight, but will test Monday if no AF. The spotting's almost gone now and yesterday would be when it would usually start. God know's what's going on with my body but I'd love to know if I'm not pg why I've spotted from 6DPO non-stop! I had my progesterone blood test on Monday, it will be interesting to see the results!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->